Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Tutorial kung paano alisin ang flashy viruses sa USB Flash Drive at Computer

simply_mark

Symbianize Angel
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Tutorial kung paano alisin ang flashy viruses sa USB Flash Drive at Computer

-Credits to Microsoft...

How to remove Flashy Virus on your computer and USB Flash Drive

Flashy virus, also known as Troj/Glupzy-A [Sophos], W32/Glupzy-D [Sophos], is a worm type of virus that affects Windows 95 to XP systems. When the worm executes while a Flash drive is inserted, it hides all folder files on your flash drive and creates a virus type of folder with the same name as your folders. It is very irritating to remove, since it always create a new one if deleted, what's more is, it reduces your computer's performance to almost 90% and it removes the Folder Options in your Windows Explorer to prohibit access to show your hidden folders again. So here are the steps to successfully delete this virus to your computer and flash drive manually.

Step 1. Open your Task Manager window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.

Step 2. Go to Processes tab and look for "Flashy.exe and Systemid.pif" then end both processes by pressing the End Process button on your Task Manager window.

Step 3. Go to "Start" button -> Click "Run", and Type "regedit".

Step 4. Locate and delete the registry values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"Flashy Bot" = "%System%\Flashy.exe"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Start=4

Step 5. Locate and edit the registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\"NoFolderOptions"="1"
edit "NoFolderOptions"="1" to "NoFolderOption"="0"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Advanced\"HideFileExt"="1"
edit "HideFileExt"="1" to "HideFileExt"="0"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Advanced\"Hidden"="2"
Should be "Hidden"="2"

Step 6. Manually delete "Flashy.exe" and "Systemid.pif".
flashy.exe is in C:\Windows\System, C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Winnt\System32
systemid.pif is in C:\Documents and Settings\[Current User]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Step 7. Delete the folder "Flashy" and all of your folders on your Flash Drive, dont worry, its not your actual folders, your real folders are just hidden by this virus.

Step 8. Restart your computer and open the Folder Options on your windows explorer and click "Show hidden files and folders". You can now see your folders that once made hidden by the virus. Congratulations! Your computer and Flash Drive is now free form the Flashy virus.

Eto naman po way para po sa mga disabled ang Task Manager..
credits po sa original author at salamat sa google...

Why is my Task Manager disabled, and how do I fix it?

My task manager has a "task manager has been disabled by the administrator" message. How did this happen and how can I correct this?

Why: if you didn't do it yourself, the news isn't good.

How to fix it: there are a couple of ways.

Let's look at this more closely.

The situation's pretty simple. If you right click on the clock in the Windows taskbar, the Task Manager item is grayed out:

taskmanagergrey.png

Or, if you try to run taskmgr.exe manually, you get this message:

taskmanagerpop.png

So, how did this happen?

As we'll see in a moment, there are settings you can access as an administrator that would allow you to disable and enable Task Manager in this way.

You didn't do that, you say?

Then a virus probably did.

Disabling Task Manager is one way viruses try to make it harder for you to deal with their infections. Before proceeding any further, you should run a complete and up-to-date anti-virus scan of your machine. It's possible, perhaps even likely, that you've been infected.

Once you come back virus-free, you can proceed with the fix.

If you have Windows XP Pro, there's a nifty user interface to directly edit the setting you want to repair. Click Start, then click Run and type in gpedit.msc:

rungpeditmsc.png

And press OK. This runs the Group Policy Editor.

Once in the Group Policy Editor, expand in turn:

User Configuration

Administrative Templates

System

Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

You should see something much like this:

gpeditcadoptions.png

Double click on Remove Task Manager to change its setting:

gpeditremovetaskmanager.png

It should be enough to click on Not Configured and then OK and Task Manager is available once again.

If you don't have Windows XP Pro, then you'll need to edit the registry manually.

Click Start, then click Run, type in regedit, and click on OK.

Expand these registry keys in turn:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER

• Software

• Microsoft

• Windows

• CurrentVersion

• Policies

• System

You should see something similar to this:

regdisabletaskmanager.png

Right Click on the DisableTaskMgr item:

regdeletedisabletaaskmanager.png

Click on Delete, confirm that you want to delete, and Task Manager should be available once again.

Again, try it with your own risk..

Hope makatulong... :salute:

Last edited:
Re: [TUT] Paano ba alisin ang flashy viruses sa USB Flash Drive at Computer?

Yup, madalas din mapadpad si flashy sa PC ko, si flash drive kasi kung saan saang PC tumutusok.. Hehe, para din palang sakit ng tao.. :thanks: sa info bro.

Korek k jan! Hindi lng yan si Flashy na yan ang lumalabas...madami pa yan friends na nagbi visit sa pc ko...he...he...he.. ayaw ko n nga silang tanggapin, ipinagsisiksikan pa rin ang kanilang mga sarili sa pc ko.:lol:

hndi ba yan nadedetect ng anti virus?....dati meron kse akong nadownload na virus(exe file) at inopen ko....tadan! sira ang firefox....pagopen ng firefox mageexit...tapos sa next attempt ok na...kaso lage nagrereload ang mga web pages...sa tingin ko ginugulo nya yung registry ng browser na currently open...

hndi ba yan nadedetect ng anti virus?....dati meron kse akong nadownload na virus(exe file) at inopen ko....tadan! sira ang firefox....pagopen ng firefox mageexit...tapos sa next attempt ok na...kaso lage nagrereload ang mga web pages...sa tingin ko ginugulo nya yung registry ng browser na currently open...

Hindi rin kasi madetect ng ibang AV eh. :thumbsup:
Saka hindi kayang ibalik ng AV ang disabled taskmanager so kung maiiwasan natin yun mas ok diba?
:salute:

yup, kaya kung matagal nang may virus sa pc at kailan mo lang nadetect, at natanggal mo na nga ang virus pero ang sinira nito sa system ay di na mareremedyohan ng av...so, better to update the av regularly...

yup, kaya kung matagal nang may virus sa pc at kailan mo lang nadetect, at natanggal mo na nga ang virus pero ang sinira nito sa system ay di na mareremedyohan ng av...so, better to update the av regularly...

Tama ka, napakaimportante talagang mag-update ng AV regularly.

Re: Tutorial kung paano alisin ang flashy viruses sa USB Flash Drive at Computer

Tnx for this

Re: Tutorial kung paano alisin ang flashy viruses sa USB Flash Drive at Computer

as i thought, virus yung ngdiDISABLE kay taskmanager but i didn't know how to fix it, now i know now how to run again task manager..thanks po sa info

as i thought, virus yung ngdiDISABLE kay taskmanager but i didn't know how to fix it, now i know now how to run again task manager..thanks po sa info

welcome...

Sir,how can i enable my "regedit"? Nakadisable pag pinindot ko sa Run,pls. help. thanks...

salamat Ts:salute:

ts salamat d2...
makakatulong sakin lahat ng post mo sa thread na to..

salamatsalamat...

:dance::dance:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
:salute::salute:

very useful... :clap:

thanks for sharing... :yipee:

Sir,how can i enable my "regedit"? Nakadisable pag pinindot ko sa Run,pls. help. thanks...

Hehe.. mahinang klasing worm ung nasa tutorial, dahil ung ibang worm na tulad nyan eh;

Disable ang TaskMan
Disable ang Regedit
Disable ang Folder Option

Nice Tut anyway... :lol:

lupit talaga salamat sir... dami ko natutunan

ts,nagtry ako isaksak yung 1gb ko usb sa iba pc pati sa pc ko pero nakalagay usb not recognized may alam ba kayo para masolusyunan ko na to,sayang kasi yung 1gb ko kung maitatapon ko lang diko pa naman masyado ginagamit yun.

ts,nagtry ako isaksak yung 1gb ko usb sa iba pc pati sa pc ko pero nakalagay usb not recognized may alam ba kayo para masolusyunan ko na to,sayang kasi yung 1gb ko kung maitatapon ko lang diko pa naman masyado ginagamit yun.

sir paano naman ung nakakairitang autorun.inf? kpg iniinsert ko ung usb ko sa desktop ko laging ngkakaroon ng autorun.inf ang usb ko. newbie lng po

Back
Top Bottom