Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIALS] Ubuntu (a Debian/GNU Linux Distribution)

Tutorial: How to view Chat History in Empathy

that's the one i'm using pero hindi sya nagsesave ng logs... T_T still, better than nothing...

thx for the tip.. yeah, am just using it for reference and parag foundation sa paggamit ng OS.. but as you said, forums are still the best... lol... the one i was reading before i finally decided to ask help here was talking about ndiswrapper, sakit sa ulo yung steps sa mga newbies...

Yup medyo complex na yung ndiswrapper, and bagay lang yun kapag yung hardware ay wala talagang supported driver. Good thing yung sa computer mo, common yung brand and model ng wireless card so no need to go to that extent of troubleshooting. :)

Actually by default, Empathy saves chat logs. :) Kung tutuusin ang problem is how to delete the logs. :D If you are interested in deleting chat history in Empathy, you can read this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=952864

EDIT: By the way, to view chat logs in Empathy...from the main application just hit F3. Or click on View->Previous Conversations. Tamang-tama may nakipag-chat sa akin na friend ko, pakita ko sayo screenshot:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot-Previous Conversations.png
    Screenshot-Previous Conversations.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Re: Tutorials: Ubuntu (a Debian/GNU Linux Distribution)

buti nalang pala kung ganon... hehe...

lol, valuable mga chat logs ko kasi, that's why i was searching yung preferences na ma-enable siya.. so by default pala naka-enable na yun.. which is cool for me.. ^^

hmmm.. you're officially working right now or take home work?

buti nalang pala kung ganon... hehe...

lol, valuable mga chat logs ko kasi, that's why i was searching yung preferences na ma-enable siya.. so by default pala naka-enable na yun.. which is cool for me.. ^^

hmmm.. you're officially working right now or take home work?

Take home work, lolz. :) Nag-add nga pala ako ng screenshot sa previous post ko para makita mo yung "Previous Conversations" sa Empathy.

nice, organized siya by date.. really useful.. :)

dapat may OT pay pag ganyan ano? nakauwi ka na't lahat lahat work pa rin...

nice, organized siya by date.. really useful.. :)

dapat may OT pay pag ganyan ano? nakauwi ka na't lahat lahat work pa rin...

I wish, lol...pero I'm no longer qualified for overtime eh. Teka, off-topic na tayo baka pagalitan tayo ng mga administrators. :P Add me in chat, same username (topet2k12001). YM yan.

Wow!!!!... I missed a lot of action here!!!!... di man lang ako nakatulong! :upset: hahaha :lol: hey Mythryll congratulations on new Toy I'm pretty sure you wil love using Ubuntu other than not needing to install Anti-virus but all the softwares here are FREE and LEGAL!!!.. and I am glad that you were not frustrated by your wireless issue good to see that topet2k12001 and kaanib07 was there to help you :salute: and I admire for being so patience!.. kasi most of the Windows user when trying out Linux and they encountered issues like that, they would normally give out and go back to Pirated Windows again :( ... as for games yup DOTA works under WINE very well and if you are into game you may check this site PLAYDEB.COM where you can find almost all free available Not just games but apps for Linux/Ubuntu as well wherein the site was designed for newbies to install apps and games very easily :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pwede kayang maglaro ng mga online games for example cabal online sa ubuntu os?

Looks like na missed out yung question mo, i'm not sure if somebody already answered your question but it is not yet possible to run Cabal online because of GAMEGUARD hopefully in the future though :pray:, you may try installing Windows on your Linux box using Virtualbox or VMWare so there is no need for you to reboot when the need arises!

Sir try niyo alisin yung unofficial at unsupported plugins, nagkoconflict kasi siya with extra-plugins, i-uninstall nyo lang din dun sa synaptic package. Ganyan din kasi problema ko nun, wala yung atlantis at ibang animation add-ons, nung tiningnan ko sa synaptic, nagkoconflict daw ata yung extra at yung mga un nga sir. Try nyo po, sa ganun paraan ko kasi naayos yung compiz ko. :dance:

so unistall ko muna un extra plugins na nilgay ko.. tapz pag nakalagay ko un unsupported plugins ibabalik ko na un extra plugins?

MGA SIR ASK KO LNG.. PAANO ICONNET ANG UBUNTU SA DIRECT INTERNET?? UN PARANG SA SHOP.. NKAROUTER CLA.. SO HINDI MO NA NID MAG LOGIN SA INTERNET PA.. :thumbsup:

Router.. is it a wired one or is it a wireless router?.. if Wireless router you need to log-in on their server if they change their password regularly but if not Ubuntu usually remembers the log-in details for wireless connection, for wired ones you may need to configure your VPN connection based on the IP address that is available for you to use.

>Ops naphaba na pla yun usapan dito... nakatulog kasi ako hndi ko napansin

MGA SIR ASK KO LNG.. PAANO ICONNET ANG UBUNTU SA DIRECT INTERNET?? UN PARANG SA SHOP.. NKAROUTER CLA.. SO HINDI MO NA NID MAG LOGIN SA INTERNET PA.. :thumbsup:

sir. automatic na po yan.. bag router direct connect na sya...

coming back again,,, sorry napasarap sa bakasyon hahahaha...

sir patulong po.. pakipost nmn po uli ung gagawin kung smart/globe broadband USB ang ggmitin na internet.. Hnd ko tlga mapagana ung USB wireless adapter sa ubuntu cguro hnd pa supported.. Ewan ko kung cnu ngpost nun pero sa kabilang thread kc naipost:help:

Baka yun nlng gamitin ko para makanet sa bahay. makikihiram nlng ako ng usb internet.. :dance:

Cedar anong klase/modem ba yung usb wireless reciever mo.. I have a USB D-Link Wireless reciever and it was automatically detected by Ubuntu, as for making your USB Globe/Smart USB Modem to work on your Ubuntu you may need to install usb-mode-switch you can simply go the Synaptic Package Manager and search for usb-mode-switch.

@kaanib07 - looks like it's a dead link bro.

Last edited:

Wow!!!!... I missed a lot of action here!!!!... di man lang ako nakatulong! :upset: hahaha :lol: hey Mythryll congratulations on new Toy I'm pretty sure you wil love using Ubuntu other than not needing to install Anti-virus but all the softwares here are FREE and LEGAL!!!.. and I am glad that you were not frustrated by your wireless issue good to see that topet2k12001 and kaanib07 was there to help you :salute: and I admire for being so patience!.. kasi most of the Windows user when trying out Linux and they encountered issues like that, they would normally give out and go back to Pirated Windows again :( ... as for games yup DOTA works under WINE very well and if you are into game you may check this site PLAYDEB.COM where you can find almost all free available Not just games but apps for Linux/Ubuntu as well wherein the site was designed for newbies to install apps and games very easily :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm loving it.. haha.. 7 am na ako nakatulog sa pagkalikot...

I was about to give up na talaga kasi, one month din neto pinasakit ang ulo ko... good thing i decided to ask help here... patient and friendly people :salute:

Last edited:

Thanks, I'm loving it.. haha.. 7 am na ako nakatulog sa pagkalikot...

I was about to give up na talaga kasi, one month din neto pinasakit ang ulo ko... good thing i decided to ask help here... patient and friendly people :salute:

hehehe ganyan din ako nung firs-time kong gamitin yun ubuntu pero user friendly naman sya... kaya lang sa umpisa pag-aaralan mo tlga..

na amaze ako dun sa software center nya lahat ng programs na gusto mong gamitin nandun na... isang click mo lang at automatic ng mag i-install..

sir. cedar download nyo lang po yun usb modem switchwer

Cedar anong klase/modem ba yung usb wireless reciever mo.. I have a USB D-Link Wireless reciever and it was automatically detected by Ubuntu, as for making your USB Globe/Smart USB Modem to work on your Ubuntu you may need to install usb-mode-switch you can simply go the Synaptic Package Manager and search for usb-mode-switch.

ENCORE USB wireless adapter po.. pag cnaksak ko po cya sa usb port, parang detected na cguro kc my ngpapakita na "NO SIGNAL DETECTED" tpos nakacheck nmn ung enable wireless connection.. parang di lng makadetect ng signal..pero pag sa windows nakakadetect nmn ng signal. sinubukan ko ng humiram ng usb extension cable para mailabas bka lng mahina signal pero gnun pa rin.. Nakadual boot pala ako sa bahay XP at ubuntu po.. :)

Back
Top Bottom