Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIALS] Ubuntu (a Debian/GNU Linux Distribution)

mga sir ask po ulit..
pag nag run ako ng reaver command

/reaver -i mon0 -b 00:23:CD:xx:yy:zz -vv

eto po lumalabas..
10 failed connection in a row
OR it will keep repeating it's pin
im sure di naman po sa distance ng router ko ang prob ko kasi katabi ko lang din po.. any idea po?

http://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/reaver-repeats-same-pin-10-failed-connections-in-a-row.500/

...or...

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=...ow&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

nabasa ko na din ya po kanina before posting. ( sorry sir topet. I dont mean to be rude)
and 1 sa mga gues ko na lock ako ng access point after trying several pins.. na try ko din po e delay 7 sec per pin instead of 3, same result pa din,

nabasa ko na din ya po kanina before posting. ( sorry sir topet. I dont mean to be rude)
and 1 sa mga gues ko na lock ako ng access point after trying several pins.. na try ko din po e delay 7 sec per pin instead of 3, same result pa din,

Good to know. Nope, you are not being rude at all. Nabasa mo yung kabuuan ng first link na binigay ko? May isang post dun na sinulat niya yung typical causes ng error na na-experience ninyo.

Yes, there are certain routers that automatically deny access pag maraming unsuccessful PIN-connect attempts. Security features po ng routers yun. So it is really like that by design. See this thread for details: https://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/issues/detail?id=8. Basically, some routers have very "strict" security measures while others have none. Therefore, your success with breaking into a network with Reaver will vary depending not only on proximity/distance to the target, but also with the type of security the router has.

Anyway, "proper" usage of "cracking tools" is really for testing the strength of your own network, so ang measure of success naman po talaga ng "proper" usage is hindi mo dapat ma-crack ang sarili mong router. Pag na-crack mo ang sarili mong router, then it means nag-fail ang router mo as far as security. At the end of the day, if you are unable to break into your network you should be happy...it simply means your network has passed the "penetration test" - your network is secure. :)

Yung iba kasi (at karamihan ng mga threads dito sa Symbianize), ang objective nila is to "steal"...getting "free Internet" at the expense of other people. Hindi po ako advocate ng ganun. Nagtuturo ako ng mga "pentesting tools" for testing the strength of your own network, not to break into other people's networks without their permission.

Last edited:
"...may naka-install na cracked software..."

In the first place, you already accepted the risk when you install cracked software. :) Software, by design, is not meant to be distributed or sold na cracked na. :) So hindi po specific sa OS ang issue na mag-arise out of this kind of activity. User na po ang nag-cause ng problem, by willfully installing cracked software.

Kaya nga po, hindi po ba natin napapansin...yung mga nagka-crack ng mga legit na software, tuwing naga-upload sila eh nlalagyan nila ng comment na parang "your Anti-virus may detect my crack as a 'false positive'...my software is perfectly safe, so just ignore the warning". Di po ba? :)

As far as hard disk, bakit hindi po ninyo ma-access? Hindi po ba ninyo makita sa File Manager? By default dapat ma-access yan eh. Unless, hindi pa po kayo nag-run ng Update Manager (parang "Windows Update").

When it comes to your wifi disconnecting...you need to isolate kung ang issue ba is yung Internet ninyo or baka hindi lang installed ang drivers ng wireless adapter/receiver. For first install ng Ubuntu particularly sa laptops, it is recommended na yung pagkaka-connect ninyo sa Internet is through physical cable muna then run "Update Manager". And make sure that when you do that, nakasaksak yung wireless adapter. Para ma-detect siya at automatically ma-download/install ang driver ng adapter (parang Windows Update nga talaga).

Kahit ano po. Baka hindi lang installed ang "Ubuntu Restricted Extras" na package (you need to be connected to the Internet for this). Dalawa ang paraan na magawa ito:

1. While connected to the Internet, mag-play kayo ng MP3 file. Sasabihin ni Ubuntu na kailangan niyang mag-download ng required codecs para ma-play ang file. I-allow mo lang.

...or...

2. Para kumpleto na, open Ubuntu Software Center then search for Ubuntu Restricted Extras. Install mo siya (again, make sure connected sa Internet).

Gaya po ng mga responses ko sa mga posts sa taas, ang pag-require ng Internet for downloading packages ay hindi naman po naiiba sa MS Windows eh. :) Yung "Update Manager" na feature ng Ubuntu is parang "Windows Update" lang din kung ihahambing natin sa MS Windows. Akala lang ng marami eh hindi pareho (this is true especially sa mga bago sa Linux/Ubuntu).

Hindi naman po talaga designed na offline ang pag-install ng mga updates and packages (and that's true also for MS Windows anyway) so yung pagigigng "hindi user-friendly" is caused by the user in this case, not by the OS. Anyway, sa MS Windows, if you want to separately install all the Windows Updates, Hotfixes, KB article patches, etc. you still have to connect to the Internet din naman and download them, and then install them one by one diba? So same lang din. :)

As far as VPN, dito po sa Symbianize eh nagkalat po ang mga tutorials para diyan. Of course mahirap siya (based on my experience, kahit din naman sa MS Windows eh)...essentially speaking, ang "common practice" and "motivation" ng mga tao dito sa Symbianize for using VPN is for "free Internet". So in effect, yung mga "tutorials" to connect to the Internet for free via VPN is a "tweak" or "backdoor". In legitimate cases, connecting to VPNs is not a complex process. Ginagamit po ang VPN for work eh, and I have been using them for work. It's not complicated at all. So yung pagiging "complex" or mahirap ng mga yan po ay dahil sa gusto nating i-tamper ang mga bagay-bagay from the way they were really designed to work or to be used.

Please go to Page 1, First Post, under the "Boot-up and Installation" section. Item #8 po.

@hitman and leslie:

In regards to my responses sa inyo (yung "cracked" software question ni hitman, and yung "VPN" question ni Leslie)...I'm not being a hypocrite. I also download and use "cracked" softwares. At one point, I also used VPNs (kaya ako nakagawa ng tutorials) for non-legitimate reasons. Pero hindi na natin i-focus ang discussion sa morals (muna). Ibang usapan na po yun. Sinabi ko lang po yung mga sinabi ko as an explanation/response to your questions.

as what you said " In legitimate cases, connecting to VPNs is not a complex process. Ginagamit po ang VPN for work eh, and I have been using them for work. It's not complicated at all"

I'm sorry for this out of the thread question wala kasing matinong sagot sa ibang thread .

I'm planning to have a new connection which is more cheaper than smartbro 799 plan. Sir Tops paano ba yung concept ng legit VPN is that more cheaper compared to the later? Yung sa smart they installed a canope how about that vpn?

Yung advantages sa vpn vs smartbro plan?

If its cheaper paano ko ma avail yun?

Last edited:
as what you said " In legitimate cases, connecting to VPNs is not a complex process. Ginagamit po ang VPN for work eh, and I have been using them for work. It's not complicated at all"

I'm sorry for this out of the thread question wala kasing matinong sagot sa ibang thread .

I'm planning to have a new connection which is more cheaper than smartbro 799 plan. Sir Tops paano ba yung concept ng legit VPN is that more cheaper compared to the later? Yung sa smart they installed a canope how about that vpn?

Yung advantages sa vpn vs smartbro plan?

If its cheaper paano ko ma avail yun?

VPN = Virtual Private Network. It allows you to be "Virtually" connected to your "Private Network" (your office/network Intranet) even if you are physically not. So "legitimately" speaking, getting a VPN is not meant to "replace" your Internet connection to make it cheaper or "free". :)

"Legitimate" use of VPN is for security. Typical use-case scenario is in the corporate setting or at the work place. For example, you were issued with a company laptop and you are often assigned "in the field" (i.e. off-site, business travel) and you need to securely and remotely connect to your office/corporate Intranet/network. Ang "Intranet" kasi (not Internet) is network within the organization/company lang. Hindi siya meant to be accessed by outsiders. Meaning, yung mga Intranet websites sa workplace ay hindi po naa-access through normal Internet.

Since you are physically outside your workplace and you need to access your corporate Intranet while not allowing outsiders to access it, a VPN will do that job for you.

Other "legitimate" uses of VPN for non-work purposes (general/public Internet and NOT "Intranet" in this case) include the ability to access general/public websites when you are in a place where Internet is strictly regulated. For example, you are originally from the US and you went to China. In China, Yahoo! websites are blocked.

Last edited:
VPN = Virtual Private Network. It allows you to be "Virtually" connected to your "Private Network" (your office/network Intranet) even if you are physically not. So "legitimately" speaking, getting a VPN is not meant to "replace" your Internet connection to make it cheaper or "free". :)

"Legitimate" use of VPN is for security. Typical use-case scenario is in the corporate setting or at the work place. For example, you were issued with a company laptop and you are often assigned "in the field" (i.e. off-site, business travel) and you need to securely and remotely connect to your office/corporate Intranet/network. Ang "Intranet" kasi (not Internet) is network within the organization/company lang. Hindi siya meant to be accessed by outsiders. Meaning, yung mga Intranet websites sa workplace ay hindi po naa-access through normal Internet.

Since you are physically outside your workplace and you need to access your corporate Intranet while not allowing outsiders to access it, a VPN will do that job for you.

Other "legitimate" uses of VPN for non-work purposes (general/public Internet and NOT "Intranet" in this case) include the ability to access general/public websites when you are in a place where Internet is strictly regulated. For example, you are originally from the US and you went to China. In China, Yahoo! websites are blocked.

Ang gandang pagkaka explain! Thank you sir Tops!:salute:

sir bakit yung BIOS CLOCK ko late ang time? pero pag inayos ko naman yung ubuntu 12.04 ko naman

ang late, check ko yung BIOS ko ok naman kasi nag install ako ng windows 7 64bit ok naman yung

time nya at saka ng BIOS TIME pero pag naka ubuntu 12.04 64bit LTS ako lagi late yung BIOS

clock ko pag inayos ko yung time sa ubuntu, pag inayos ko naman yung time sa BIOS yung ubuntu

naman ang late.. hindi ako naka dula boot now ubuntu 12.04 LTS gamit ko... pati yung screen

brightness lagi bumabalik sa MAXIMUM everytime na restart or shutdown ko laptop ko ASUS

K42JC... thanks in advance...

sir bakit yung BIOS CLOCK ko late ang time? pero pag inayos ko naman yung ubuntu 12.04 ko naman

ang late, check ko yung BIOS ko ok naman kasi nag install ako ng windows 7 64bit ok naman yung

time nya at saka ng BIOS TIME pero pag naka ubuntu 12.04 64bit LTS ako lagi late yung BIOS

clock ko pag inayos ko yung time sa ubuntu, pag inayos ko naman yung time sa BIOS yung ubuntu

naman ang late.. hindi ako naka dula boot now ubuntu 12.04 LTS gamit ko... pati yung screen

brightness lagi bumabalik sa MAXIMUM everytime na restart or shutdown ko laptop ko ASUS

K42JC... thanks in advance...

Time Not Syncing Problem...try the solutions from the following threads:

1. http://askubuntu.com/questions/3107...ios-internal-clock-instead-of-ntp-or-whatever
2. http://askubuntu.com/questions/327461/clock-shows-incorrect-time
3. http://askubuntu.com/questions/330607/ubuntu-keeps-resetting-time-to-3-hours

Laptop's Backlight Does Not Remember Settings...please read below:

As far as your issue with the laptop's backlight brightness setting not being remembered: wala po siyang "uniform" fix, kasi although different brands of laptops have the same problem, iba-iba po ang solution depende sa laptop model. So hindi po ako makakatulong, since desktop user po ako. Pero here is a thread that may help: http://askubuntu.com/questions/151651/brightness-is-reset-to-maximum-on-every-restart.

As you can see in that thread, different brands = different ways to solve the issue. Pero what I can say is, may solution. :)

Last edited:
boss bakit laging error 5 lagi pag iinstall q 64 bit po na dl q na ubuntu balak q sana i dual boot ng win7

di po ako makapagdual boot win 8 tsaka ito.... di ko alam if ung bootable disk ko ang problema... pero pumapasok naman sya sa intalling interface.. pag click ko install... nag bablack screen na.... 13.xx ung ubuntu version...

boss bakit laging error 5 lagi pag iinstall q 64 bit po na dl q na ubuntu balak q sana i dual boot ng win7

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1910258

di po ako makapagdual boot win 8 tsaka ito.... di ko alam if ung bootable disk ko ang problema... pero pumapasok naman sya sa intalling interface.. pag click ko install... nag bablack screen na.... 13.xx ung ubuntu version...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1996256

sir thanks sa mga answer sa questions ko.. :salute:

sir yung uget download manager hindi ko mapagana sa chromium browser kasi need nya pa ng

extensions which is no longer available in google store however i manged to download that

extensions in mediafire, my questions is paano ko ba maiinstall yung extensions na yun sa

chromium? and more thing sir pwede paki post yung list ng mga applications na gamit mo for

references, just the name of those third party applications no need for details pwede ko naman

search yun sa google... thanks!....:thumbsup:

Gumagana na ba ang handycafe sa ubuntu.? Dati kasi akong ubuntu user since 2006 kaso talagang di ko mapagana ang handycafe. Na iinstall ko sya using wine kaso me error saka di makita ang mga client pc.

Handycafe ay exclusive lang sa Windows OS's. Merong open source cafe timer for linux, check mo na lang sa ibang site or wait mo lang reply ni TS.

very nice thread! may tanong lang ako, malaki ba ang difference ng ubuntu sa backtrack? in terms of interface and usage

:thanks:

IMO, in terms of UI po, uhm, nasa middle difference lang, since mostly ng work ay terminal related, so parang di na priority ang interface. Uhm, i may say, ang gamit na UI ng backtrack ay parang UI na ginamit sa legacy versions ng buntu.

In terms of usage, ubuntu is designed for all-around po, yung mga default apps/programs ay for general usage. backtrack naman is optimized or designed for security checking, since ang mga default apps nya ay para sa security na works.

Disclaimer: obsolete po tong sa akin, kasi I based my opinion sa mga bagong ubuntu compared sa old backtrack. Di ko pa nagagamit backtrack na mga bago.

Back
Top Bottom