Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Windows Search not working, Start Menu corrupted

Louiss97

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
After some Windows updates, my search does not seem to find anything not on C drive. I have multiple games installed on a secondary harddrive (E) through steam, and other programs, however the only stuff it seems to find is what there is either a shortcut to on my desktop, or only programs installed on C drive. The start menu is also corrupted. Indexing Options also does not lead anywhere and has a missing thumbnail in Control Panel. The troubleshooter for search indexing doesn't even appear in settings, and an error comes up when I try to access advanced search index options ({26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683}). If I don't have a shortcut to the program, I can't start it without navigating to the installation folder because the search doesn't pick it up. Even in my installed programs list through both windows & ccleaner, many programs and games are not showing up if they are installed on the E drive which is just making it confusing and annoying to navigate through. I've tried DISM and SFC commands and checking some registry entries with bing and cortana but nothing has helped.

Also seems like windows has trouble finding files when I try to open them AND images are not opening, have no thumbnails, AND videos come up with codec error messages.

Really unlucky with all this garbage lol so many issues with Windows

That will not happen UNLESS you did something, and you know it (and your probably ignoring it, blaming it instead).

Do a research about that specific update and find if it has any issues similar to yours, if no issues are found similar to your problem, you did something along that update that triggers that problem, interrupted update?

Do a virus scan, either externally (using a flashdrive with portable antivirus) or internally (if possible), you can also do both for assurance.

Do a recovery. as far as I know, Windows update creates a restore point before every update

Last Resort?

RESET, perform a reset which is a built-in feature of Windows 10, located in settings. Make a partition in your hard drive and put all your games, and personal files such as documents, music, etc... in there before performing a reset. If you don't have enough space, you can instead put it in your external HDD or flashdrive.

Last edited:
Download eescan virus remover and aulogist bootspeed, then scan,

its known issue sa windows update
sa kaibigan ko ganyan
hindi umaandar yung search function
after last major updates - biglang na-fixed

yung akin naman, long time no issues yung search function ko
recently nag reformat ako
in the first week ok pa
tapos biglang may update -
ayun pag click ko sa start - normally deretso type na ako
bigla ayaw na lang
need ko pa right click yung start button then click search para lang maka-search

now bumalik na naman - ok na nama siya
pagclick ko sa start button - deretso na ako type
ok na po siya

MS may problema dyan

check nyo google, daming issue ganyan

Back
Top Bottom