Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[4.4.2; UNTESTED] Starmobile Octa Semi-stock ROM (Kernel 3.4.67)

laconix00

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Starmobile OCTA
STARMOBILE_OCTA_L40EN_206_150319171659
Version: Android KitKat 4.4.2
Kernel: Version 3.4.67

Compiled by: laconix00
Special thanks to: MTK HACKER PRO
Tutorial Link (Creating flashable stock rom)
View attachment 277682View attachment 277681

This rom is currently untested (as of 07/09/16) so USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
This may brick your phone if installed incorrectly.
Backup is ultimately recommended.

Please proceed with caution.​

Recommended: Instead of flashing stock rom to update your phone (since it will completely wipe out your data on your phone), you can flash the official update manually using custom recovery.

SEMI-ROM FEATURES:

• Pre-rooted (KingRoot)
  • Xposed framework ready - Needs Xposed installed first. The restart will be slow but if it exceed by 30-45mins, force restart the phone (Power+Vol.up+Vol.down) and restart
  • Stock recovery

ISSUES:
  • Some apps cannot detect phone's root (eg. Screen Stream Mirroring)
  • When connected to MTK Droid Tools, it shows an error "ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!"
  • Two different sim cards (carriers) may not received text message (?)

DOWNLOAD LINK

Sorry but I have to lock this link for now as the rom is currently untested and yet ready to be released public without any problems to majority. If you can help fix some issues or recompile the rom, or you are aware of the risk involved and you want to proceed, feel free to drop me a message (I will try to reply within 2 days max)

How to update your Starmobile OCTA to 4.4.2 KitKat via Custom Recovery

Before you proceed: Make sure you can still update via the phone's built-in OTA update utility (Accessible via Menu>Settings>About OCTA/Phone>Wireless Update)
This method specifically for people who can't use that utility like me (after installing Xposed framework, the update and phone reset won't work)

Please proceed at your own risk
Be sure that you have a custom recovery installed

1. Remove Xposed framework. You can do this via the app and/or via recovery with the zip file located at Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/files/Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip
  2. Remove root from phone. (If you use KingRoot, you can remove it via General Settings>Uninstall KingRoot)
  3. Download the update.zip here and place it on the root of your storage
  4. Boot to recovery
  • a. Turn off the phone
  • b. Once turn off, turn on the phone via the power button
  • c. After turning on, repeatedly press Power+Vol.up until it boot to recovery
5. Navigate to the interface until you find 'Install from SD Card'
6. Find the update.zip that you downloaded from Step 3 and follow the on screen dialogue to install the zip file
7. Wait until it finish installing (Usually takes around 40 minutes to complete for me)
8. Reboot your phone and wait for the update to complete
9. Done​

Attachments

• Mnz63Od.jpg
    Mnz63Od.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 7
  • i39rifP.jpg
    i39rifP.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Starmobile OCTA
STARMOBILE_OCTA_L40EN_206_150319171659
Version: Android KitKat 4.4.2
Kernel: Version 3.4.67

Compiled by: laconix00
Special thanks to: MTK HACKER PRO
Tutorial Link (Creating flashable stock rom)
View attachment 1138457View attachment 1138456

This rom is currently untested (as of 07/09/16) so USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
This may brick your phone if installed incorrectly.
Backup is ultimately recommended.

Please proceed with caution.​

Recommended: Instead of flashing stock rom to update your phone (since it will completely wipe out your data on your phone), you can flash the official update manually using custom recovery.

SEMI-ROM FEATURES:

• Pre-rooted (KingRoot)
  • Xposed framework ready - Needs Xposed installed first. The restart will be slow but if it exceed by 30-45mins, force restart the phone (Power+Vol.up+Vol.down) and restart
  • Stock recovery

ISSUES:
  • Some apps cannot detect phone's root (eg. Screen Stream Mirroring)
  • When connected to MTK Droid Tools, it shows an error "ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!"
  • Two different sim cards (carriers) may not received text message (?)

DOWNLOAD LINK

Sorry but I have to lock this link for now as the rom is currently untested and yet ready to be released public without any problems to majority. If you can help fix some issues or recompile the rom, or you are aware of the risk involved and you want to proceed, feel free to drop me a message (I will try to reply within 2 days max)

How to update your Starmobile OCTA to 4.4.2 KitKat via Custom Recovery

Before you proceed: Make sure you can still update via the phone's built-in OTA update utility (Accessible via Menu>Settings>About OCTA/Phone>Wireless Update)
This method specifically for people who can't use that utility like me (after installing Xposed framework, the update and phone reset won't work)

Please proceed at your own risk
Be sure that you have a custom recovery installed

1. Remove Xposed framework. You can do this via the app and/or via recovery with the zip file located at Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/files/Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip
  2. Remove root from phone. (If you use KingRoot, you can remove it via General Settings>Uninstall KingRoot)
  3. Download the update.zip here and place it on the root of your storage
  4. Boot to recovery
  • a. Turn off the phone
  • b. Once turn off, turn on the phone via the power button
  • c. After turning on, repeatedly press Power+Vol.up until it boot to recovery
5. Navigate to the interface until you find 'Install from SD Card'
6. Find the update.zip that you downloaded from Step 3 and follow the on screen dialogue to install the zip file
7. Wait until it finish installing (Usually takes around 40 minutes to complete for me)
8. Reboot your phone and wait for the update to complete
9. Done​

sir request po password please.thanks

Back
Top Bottom