Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[AROMA][WIP]

c0lt_45

The Patriot
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Absolute Peace
[Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[AROMA][WIP]

*NOTE: I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER OF THIS APPLICATION. ALL CREDITS GOES TO Androguide.fr of XDA*

pmrsmaller.png

*THIS IS NOT A ROM*

op1e.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YpdGuj2oDkA

op3u.png
Build.prop Tweaks :

- Better jpg image quality

- Better camera recording quality

- Lock launcher in memory

- Battery savings

- Disable kernel error checking

- Dalvik VM tweaks

- Faster scrolling

- Better touch responsiveness

- Faster browsing and download speed

- Allow purgeable assets

- Reduce dialing time

- Misc 3G tweaks

- Deeper sleep

- Reduce black-screen time of proximity sensor after a call

- Smoother video streaming

- Faster wifi connect/disconnect

- Overall smoothness improvements

- Increase the size of VM heap

- Enable hardware video acceleration

- Disable Android logger

- Enable Android logger

- Enable gpu UI rendering

- Enable HSUPA

- Enable JIT (Just In Time) Compiler for Dalvik vm

- Disable Normalized Sleeper

- Disable Gentle Fair Sleepers

- Disable New Fair Sleepers

- Enable surface dithering

- Disable Boot-Animation (doesn't work on ics and +)

- Disable usage-data sending

- Disable volume buttons wake

- Disable adb notification icon

- Buttons backlight always enabled when screen on

- 16bit Transparency

- Install an alternative launcher : Apex Launcher & Nova Launcher

- Install latest Solid Explorer

- Install Adobe Flash Player for JB

- Install Rom Toolbox Lite

- Install Script Manager

- Install Hulu+ hacked to work on any device (Both portrait & landscape version)

- Install Smart Stay EX

- Add support for OpenVPN connections

- Install Awesome Beats Audio dsp manager for a greater sound experience

- Install Adrenaline Boost Script

- Install Sony Walkman suite : Music Player & Visualizer, Clearbass soundfx and Image Gallery & Editor

Choose between 4 levels of OOM (Out Of Memory) Groupings : Low//Mid//High//Very High
Choose between 4 levels of Minfree Low Memory Killer settings : Low // Mid // High // Very High
Choose between 2 levels of ZRAM Compression : 64mb // 128mb
Tweak your kernel to be adapted and stable on high multitasking conditions
Tweak your Dalvik Virtual Machine to be adapted and stable on high multitasking conditions

Choose between 79 countries + 5 continents of gps.conf files:
Having the right gps.conf file for your country is esssential for the accuracy and lock-speed of your gps)

Code:
  Africa 
   Asia 
   Europe 
   North America 
   Oceania 
   South America

Angola 
   Argentina 
   Australia 
   Austria 
   Bangladesh 
   Belarus 
   Belgium 
   Bosnia & Herzegovina 
   Brazil 
   Bulgaria 
   Cambodia 
   Canada 
   Chile 
   China 
   Costa-Rica 
   Croatia 
   Czech Republic 
   Denmark 
   El Salvador 
   Estonia 
   Finland 
   France 
   Germany 
   Greece 
   Guatemala 
   Hong-Kong 
   Hungary 
   India 
   Indonesia 
   Iran 
   Ireland 
   Israel 
   Italy 
   Japan 
   Korea 
   Kyrgyzstan 
   Latvia 
   Lithuania 
   Luxembourg 
   Macedonia 
   Madagascar 
   Malaysia 
   Mexico 
   Moldova 
   Netherlands 
   New Caledonia 
   New Zealand 
   Norway 
   Oman 
   Pakistan 
   Panama 
   Philippines 
   Poland 
   Portugal 
   Qatar 
   Republic of Serbia 
   Romania 
   Russian Federation 
   Saudi Arabia 
   Singapore 
   Slovakia 
   Slovenia 
   South Africa 
   Spain 
   Sri Lanka 
   Sweden 
   Switzerland 
   Taiwan 
   Tanzania 
   Thailand 
   Turkey 
   Ukraine 
   United Arab Emirates 
   United Kingdom 
   United States of America 
   Uzbekistan 
   Venezuela 
   Vietnam 
   Yugoslavia

Security :

Protect yourself against SYN attacks and the DoS (Denial of Service) they cause by reinforcing your tcp/ip stacks
Block redirects
Block source-routing : source-routing allows one to fully trace the packets he sends, thus it can be used by blackhats to hack into your device

Stability and Speed :

Increase queue and buffer size of all tcp sockets to make it more stable in high broadband consumption conditions
Avoid TIME-WAIT state by re-using the Sockets in time-wait state. Reduces network memory-loading
Various IPv4 speed improvements
DNS tweaks for faster name resolution, thus faster connection to websites + ppp0 interface speed tweaks

You can flash this on top of any custom rom with init.d support

- Download the version of Pimp My Rom that corresponds to your device's screen resolution (Not sure what res your device is ? Here is a well-furnished list of android devices with their screen-res)

- Make sure you are running a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)

- Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case

- Wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery

- Flash PmR in recovery

- A wonderful touchscreen interface will pop-up
(devices need different touchscreen calibration, if the touchscreen doesn't work, use the menu button of your device, select "Calibration Tools" and follow the instructions)

- Follow the on-screen instructions, make your choices between all the different features to Pimp your Rom

- Select "Reboot my device" on last screen (or reboot from recovery) and enjoy

Encountering installation issues ?

Do the following to fix most errors you might get on some devices :

Open the zip of the rom you are running with winrar or 7zip or whatever (the .zip file that you flash in recovery)
Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android
Extract the file called "update-binary" and rename it to "update-binary-installer" then close your rom's zip
Open Pimp my Rom's zip (i.e : PIMP_MY_ROM-v1.5.3-by-Androguide.fr.zip)
Do not unzip it, inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android and delete "updater-binary-installer"
Now copy the "update-binary-installer" file you extracted & renamed from your rom to Pimp My Rom's zip (still in META-INF/com/google/android). Simply drag and drop it into PmR's zip to add it.
Close the zip and flash it

>>> v2.0 <<<
Code:
XHDPI Devices :
(= Very high resolution // Very Large screens)
Download: [URL="http://tinyw.in/Pskk"]http://tinyw.in/Pskk[/URL]
md5 : 755f2cea681b75c8bb833bf8ec0eb584
Size : 74.21 mb

Code:
HDPI Devices :
(= High resolution // Large screens)
Download: [URL="http://tinyw.in/jE1C"]http://tinyw.in/jE1C[/URL]
md5 : 94530aff149e3b797e7005018caf2707

Code:
MDPI Devices :
(= Mid resolution // Mid screens)
Download: [URL="http://tinyw.in/5B8x"]http://tinyw.in/5B8x[/URL]
md5 : 2efcc11abcfbb606ff8a0ac513358a4d

Code:
LDPI Devices :
(= Low resolution // Small screens)
Download: [URL="http://tinyw.in/Iadl"]http://tinyw.in/Iadl[/URL]
md5 : b0bfdfb9ba268504f584aa1a35ede8af

v2.0
ø New Tweaks selection screen : Multitasking

==> Choose between :

4 levels of OOM Priorities
4 levels Minfree settings
2 levels of ZRAM compression
Tweak your kernel and dalvik cache to behave well and be stable on hard multitasking conditions

ø New Tweaks selection screen : Networks & Internet

==> Security tweaks :

Reinforce your TCP/IP Stacks to make them resist to SYN attacks which cause a DoS (Denial of Service) on your device. Now those lame-ass blackhat hackers won't harm you with this.
Block redirects : auto website redirections will be blocked
Block source-routing : source-routing can be used to hack into your device as it allows full tracing of packets.

==> Stability & Speed tweaks :

Increase the buffer and queue size of each tcp socket to give more stability on high broadband consumption conditions
Allow the system to re-use the Sockets on TIME-WAIT state. In clear time-wait causes memory-loading, memory-loading causes internet lagg, internet lagg sucks.
Various IPv4 protocol speed tweaking scripts using sysctl
DNS and ppp0 tweaks for faster name-resolution, which means faster connections to websites.

ø New Tweaks selection screen : GPS Configuration

==> Choose between 79 countries (and 5 continents) of gps.conf files: those files are essential for the accuracy and lock-speed of your device's gps. (Thanks to gangsterjoop for the files)

ø New Adblock file of over 200 000 hosts ! (100x more than before) (Thanks to BSDgeek_Jake for the host file) --> added to extra features screen

ø New init.d scripts :

Move Dalvik-cache to /cache to increase data storage
Bind-mount dalvik-cache to allow a device to boot without sdcard (useful for devices with damaged internal sdcard)
Touchscreen responsiveness improvement tweaks

ø New Enable/Disable features :

Disable and Re-Enable Android logger
Disable Gentle Fair Sleepers
Disable New Fair Sleepers
Disable Normalized Sleeper

ø Rewritten every single init.d script :

This allowed me to realize many of them were not working, so I added a lot of missing values, and fixed a countless number of errors, redundant values and typos. So there should be some big improvement on the effects of init.d tweaks.
I also set an order of execution of init.scripts to avoid conflicts.

ø Removed themes and S-Voice

The S-Voice flaw that allowed other devices to use it appears to be patched and it was heavy, and themes were heavy and not really useful, you can download a countless number of them for free on the market

ø Changed installer theme to Sense

I realized that the options subtitles were not readable with ics theme, so most of the tweaks effects explainations were hidden.

ø Pimp My Rom will now come in two versions :

One will include the latest version of Aroma (with touchscreen working out-of-the-box, but issues on some devices) and One using Aroma v2.51 (With touchscreen calibration, and this version appears to fix the weird texture/ghost-input/moving screen/vibration issues people have with some devices with aroma v2.56)

ø Major code clean-up, various bugfixes

Re-organized and cleaned-up both aroma-config and updater-script
Fixed the way the installation process input displays sections and sub-sections
Fixed some tweaks getting installed instead of others when they shouldn't, and some other bugs

I'm pretty sure I forgot some stuff, I'll add it when it comes back in mind

Pimp My Rom works on maybe 99% of the android devices, these are only the ones users confirmed working
Remember that results might differ on the same device, depending on the rom, kernel and recovery

- Acer Liquid Metal

- Asus Infinity (TF700)

- Cube U30GT-H (Chinese Tab)

- Google-Asus Nexus 7 (Grouper)

- HP Touchpad (codename ?)

- HTC Amaze (codename ?)

- HTC Desire S (S510E)

- HTC Desire Z (codename ?)

- HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)

- HTC Explorer (A310e)

- HTC Incredible S (S710e)

- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (codename ?)

- HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400L)

- HTC Tattoo (Click)

- HTC Vision (T-mobile G2)

- Huawei Ascend (g300)

- huawei u8800pro (codename ?)

- LG G2x (P999 DW)

- LG optimus one (P500)

- LG Optimus 3D (P920)

- LG Optimistic V (VM670)

- Motorola Bravo (MB520)

- Motorola Defy (codename?)

- Motorola Droid X (MB810)

- Motorola Droid 2 (DW2E)

- Motorola Photon Q (codename ?)

- Motorola Triumph (Virgin Mobile model)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Verizon)

- Samsung Nexus S (i9020)

- Samsung Nexus S (SCLCD - i9023)

- Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000)

- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)

- Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile T989)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T i777)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch (SPH-D710)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT 1747)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - 7.0 (P3100)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G (P6800)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wifi (P6810)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Verizon (i815)

- Sony Live with Walkman (WT19)

- Sony Xperia Arc S (LT18i)

- Sony Xperia Mini (ST15i)

- Sony Xperia Neo (codename ?)

- Sony Xperia Play (R800i)

- Sony Xperia Ray (ST18i)

- Sony Xperia Sola (MT27i)

- Some init.d tweaks "Off" toggles don't work properly (i.e. some tweaks don't actually turn off)
- Build.prop tweaks that have been selected twice will be written twice in build.prop (doesn't cause any problem however)
- This script won't work on devices with a safestrap recovery, as they aren't supported by Aroma-Installer
- You tell me

- The installer flashed properly, you chose the features you wanted, but the installation process is blank ? Then do the following to fix that issue :

Open the zip of the rom you are running (the .zip file that you flash in recovery)
Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android
Extract the file called "update-binary" and rename it to "update-binary-installer"
Open Pimp my Rom's zip (i.e : PIMP_MY_ROM-v1.4.1-Universal.zip)
Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android and delete "updater-binary-installer"
Now copy the "update-binary-installer" file you extracted from your rom to Pimp My Rom's zip (still in META-INF/com/google/android)
Close the zip and flash it, the installation process should now work normally so you can Pimp your Rom !

- The installer's gui isn't scaled to your device's screen-resolution ? Make sure you downloaded the right version (ldpi/mdpi/hdpi/xhdpi)

- Want to report a bug or an issue ? Please attach the install log to your post (Press the "Save Logs" button after the install is completed). There is no way I can fix your issue without this log.

- The touchscreen doesn't work "out-of-the-box" ? Press the menu button of your device, select "Calibrating Tools" and follow the instructions to calibrate your touchscreen.

- The touchscreen doesn't work "out-of-the-box" and your device doesn't have a menu button ? You can use the volume up/down buttons to navigate and scroll and the power button to select.

- Scrolling up and down lists with the touchscreen can sometimes be a bit hard, you can use the volume buttons instead.

- PmR will only display the options that are compatible with your rom (i.e you won't see the gapps options if you're running a stock rom)

- You didn't install every tweaks/mods/features/apps you wanted the first time you Pimped your rom ? You want to remove some tweaks ? Then simply reflash PmR and turn on/off what you want, you can flash PmR as many times as you want on the same rom.

- amarullz for Aroma Installer

- ...Awesome... for Beats Audio

- ImbaWind for Adrenaline Boost

- Rizal Lovins for Sony Walkman apps

- blunttedsmurf for Hulu+ hacked

- pikachu01 for his Thunderbolt scripts

- gangsterjoop for All countries gps.conf files

- Whitson Gordon from Lifehacker.com for the Thread top image.

- Pocketnow.com for the awesome PmR presentation video

- Papa Smurf151 for some tweaks and tips found in his SmurfedOut Script

- prabs99 for donating

- neckbonest for donating

- The creators of the included themes of which I couldn't find the names

- Each and Every users who provided constructive feedback to help improving this project to its current state

Last edited:
Re: [Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[AROMA][WIP

pwde kaya to sa samsung galaxy y at samsung galaxy s (t-mobile)? Paano malalaman yung screen resolution?

Re: [Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[AROMA][WIP

magandang balita sana toh, kaso wala sa listahan ang SGS anycall. bm muna ako dito

pwde kaya to sa samsung galaxy y at samsung galaxy s (t-mobile)? Paano malalaman yung screen resolution?

Yung galay y ldpi, yung galaxy s hdpi. Dapat rooted yung phone mo sir tas flash mo via cwm

magandang balita sana toh, kaso wala sa listahan ang SGS anycall. bm muna ako dito

Wala din po sa listahan yung galaxy 5 Europa na gamit ko sir, pero working siya, kailangan din rooted yung phone mo sir. :salute:

UP ko lang po! Try niyo po to! :D

try ko sa sgy!

Cge po sir :D sana maenjoy niyo! :D

Re: [Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[

sir pwede ba to sa myphone a919i duo? kaso d ko po alam screen reso ko ee:noidea:

Re: [Add-on][Tweaks/Mods/Apps]█ PIMP MY ROM v2.0 █ {Any Device // Any Rom}[

D ko mabuksan ung link,, wla po bang ibang link??

Back
Top Bottom