Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose/upgrade your Computer

isang set nga po ng pinaka murang gaming na PC?

bro eto lang yun pang gaming na pinakamura na sa tingin ko maeenjoy mo. Hanggng mid range gaming graphics kakayanin to.

Athlon II x2 250 3.0ghz= P2575
ECS A750GM am3= P1880
2gb kingston ddr3= P895
320GB WD= P1650
ati radeon HD4650 1GB 128bit= P2300
casing w/ supply= P1650
BENQ LED 18.5 inch= P4500
keyboard and mouse,headset=P400

=P15850

baka less mo pa xa makuha sa gilmor it center kasi yun price ko estimation lang yan dun s last na punta ko nun april. Hit thanks kung nakatulong.

It's me again.
Is AMD better for gaming rather than Intel?..
mas mura ang price ng AMD, kaso mas malakas sa power consumption..
kung OK rin naman ang Intel pang gaming, at dahil mas mababa sa power consumption, pa quote naman po ng Intel Setup for 25k

cpu:
mobo:
ram:
VC:
hdd:
odd:
psu:
atx:
monitor:
avr:

for 25k..
Pc use: gaming (All online/LAN games)

d naman natin msasabi na kung intel ang set up mas mababa ang ang power consumption. dpende parn yan sa mga parts mo..

It's me again.
Is AMD better for gaming rather than Intel?..
mas mura ang price ng AMD, kaso mas malakas sa power consumption..
kung OK rin naman ang Intel pang gaming, at dahil mas mababa sa power consumption, pa quote naman po ng Intel Setup for 25k

cpu:
mobo:
ram:
VC:
hdd:
odd:
psu:
atx:
monitor:
avr:

for 25k..
Pc use: gaming (All online/LAN games)

Hi

This is a myth
they both have its pro's and con's
being better for gaming would have something to do with your entire setup scheme and not just a processor.

the big difference is that AMD has an overclocking feature called turbo boost.

its the process of running the processor at a slightly higher clock speed. it works by changing the clock cycle.

the latest ones ( the black edition ) comes out with an unclocked multiplier.

while it may appear to give you the illussion of being faster
and slightly better graphic
the reality is
that clocking it that way

generates more heat and it consumes more power than its supposed to.

in a tropical country
unless youd be setting yourself up with a water cooled PC the regular heat sink wouldnt really do. ( the hotter the PC the slower it is )

Intel
the clock speed is stable
cause the technology it uses is called hyperthreading.
its like sharing memory

its more of a virtual processor.
now for stability
thermal management

i would recommend
Intel

cheaper in the long run

budget: PHP 30,000 AND PHP 50,000
usage: Gamming

other miscellaneous requirements : None

Processor: Intel Corei5 or Corei7
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing: Very good airflow w/ cable management

penge po sana ng qoute ng 30k and 50k
wala na po monitor kasi CPU lang po talaga papalitan ko. Thankyou in advance.

UP lang natin para masagot na yung katanungan ko :salute:

Hi

This is a myth
being better for gaming would have something to do with your entire setup scheme and not just a processor.

its the process of running the processor at a slightly higher clock speed. it works by changing the clock cycle.

the reality is

in a tropical country
unless youd be setting yourself up with a water cooled PC the regular heat sink wouldnt really do. ( the hotter the PC the slower it is )

Intel
its like sharing memory

now for stability
thermal management

i would recommend
Intel

cheaper in the long run

dun ako sa amd pra ang ang pera na fofocus mo sa proce dun mapupunta sa video card. mas mura talaga kasi ang amd eh.,d naman issue ang kung sinu mas mainit ang issue kung panu mo ginagamit.

UP lang natin para masagot na yung katanungan ko :salute:

cpu, Intel Core i7 2600 (SR00B) 3.4GHz (Quad Core) PHP 13190.00
mb lga1155, Asus P8P67 Pro B3 PHP 9580.00
ram, G.Skill RipJawsX 8gb(Dual) ddr3-1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) PHP 4680.00
vga, Sapphire HD 6950 2gb/256bit ddr5 PHP 12220.00
SATA 1 TeraByte Seagate 7200rpm 2,795.00
psu, Corsair 700watts (GS700) 80PLUS PHP 4680.00
atx, Cooler Master (RC-P100-KWN2) USP 100 Black, clear side panel PHP 2700.00
total: 49,845

:weep::weep:

cpu, Intel Core i7 2600 (SR00B) 3.4GHz (Quad Core) PHP 13190.00
mb lga1155, Asus P8P67 Pro B3 PHP 9580.00
ram, G.Skill RipJawsX 8gb(Dual) ddr3-1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) PHP 4680.00
vga, Sapphire HD 6950 2gb/256bit ddr5 PHP 12220.00
psu, Corsair 700watts (GS700) 80PLUS PHP 4680.00
total: 49,845

:weep::weep:

ang sakit sa ulo :( :slap:

PHP 30,000 naman po kahit i5 nalang po.

d naman natin msasabi na kung intel ang set up mas mababa ang ang power consumption. dpende parn yan sa mga parts mo..

Hi

This is a myth

the reality is

in a tropical country

Intel
its like sharing memory

now for stability
thermal management

i would recommend
Intel

cheaper in the long run

dun ako sa amd pra ang ang pera na fofocus mo sa proce dun mapupunta sa video card. mas mura talaga kasi ang amd eh.,d naman issue ang kung sinu mas mainit ang issue kung panu mo ginagamit.

salamat mga sir.. :salute:

hingi na lang po ako ng INTEL setup for 25k yung halos pwede na sa lahat ng klase ng games..
since may AMD setup ng binigay si sir spy_ni_globo..

cpu, Intel Core i5 2500 (SR00T) 3.3GHz (Quad Core) PHP 9170.00
mb lga1155, Asus P8H67-M EVO B3 PHP 6980.00
ram, G.Skill RipJaws 4gb ddr3-1333 (F3-1066CL9S-4GBRL) PHP 1900.00
vga, Power Color HD 6790 1gb/256bit ddr5 PHP 5980.00
psu, HEC 550watts, PSU, Cougar RS, 80PLUS, full range PHP 2520.00

total 32,045

:praise::praise::praise::praise:

cpu, Intel Core i5 2500 (SR00T) 3.3GHz (Quad Core) PHP 9170.00
mb lga1155, Asus P8H67-M EVO B3 PHP 6980.00
ram, G.Skill RipJaws 4gb ddr3-1333 (F3-1066CL9S-4GBRL) PHP 1900.00
vga, Power Color HD 6790 1gb/256bit ddr5 PHP 5980.00
psu, HEC 550watts, PSU, Cougar RS, 80PLUS, full range PHP 2520.00

total 32,045

:praise::praise::praise::praise:

pchub yung price nung 49k and 32k diba? salamat po sa pagsagot! :salute: :yes:

hahaha ts masakit ba sa ulo. Kaya naman ng budget mo yun. Kung gus2 mo ng i5 na sandybridge eh d palitan mo lng procesor pero para mas malinaw eto nalang yun build n gawn mo.
Intel i5 sandybridge
motherboard na my 1155 socket kahit anung brand
gskill rip jaw na ram ddr3 4gb
hd5770 radeon 1gb ddr5
cougar cmx 700 watts true rated
additional fan para s ventillation ng casing mo coolermaster elite
1terabyte western dgtal caviar sata 3.0 6gb/s
dvd writer LG light scribe 24x
LG 20INCH LED.

Mabubuo mo yan less than 40k ksama na yun 20inch na led monitor.

hahaha ts masakit ba sa ulo. Kaya naman ng budget mo yun. Kung gus2 mo ng i5 na sandybridge eh d palitan mo lng procesor pero para mas malinaw eto nalang yun build n gawn mo.
Intel i5 sandybridge
motherboard na my 1155 socket kahit anung brand
gskill rip jaw na ram ddr3 4gb
hd5770 radeon 1gb ddr5
cougar cmx 700 watts true rated
additional fan para s ventillation ng casing mo coolermaster elite
1terabyte western dgtal caviar sata 3.0 6gb/s
dvd writer LG light scribe 24x
LG 20INCH LED.

Mabubuo mo yan less than 40k ksama na yun 20inch na led monitor.

gusto ko sana core i7 kahit mag strech lang ng konti sa budget. kahit hindi na muna kaylangan ng monitor magtitiis muna ko sa luma. hehe penge nga qoute? hihi :giggle:

Friends,

Need your help on my question located here: http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=6763635&postcount=6556. It's about an upgrade of video card. I wanted to know by how far I can upgrade my current system. Thanks. :)

hi there... Just reviewd your post and here's my thought for your system gtx 460 wil run smoothly in your system but it requires upgrade in your current psu. Generic wont last for videocard like that. Get some tough psu to handle your system. My advice go for thermaltake,antec,hec or coolermaster true rated 650 watts. One thing to consider also try to upgrade your ram to ddr3 system. I know msi g41 can run ddr2 and ddr3. If so then upgrade your ram. Hit thanks nalang.

gusto ko sana core i7 kahit mag strech lang ng konti sa budget. kahit hindi na muna kaylangan ng monitor magtitiis muna ko sa luma. hehe penge nga qoute? hihi :giggle:

ok then changed the processor to core i7 socket 1156
changed ur board to socket 1156 kahit anung brand then same pa din ng ram,videocard atpb na rig. Iless mo lang yun monitor less than 30k will do bro. Pasok na yun s budget mo high end gaming pa yun system mo.

ok then changed the processor to core i7 socket 1156
changed ur board to socket 1156 kahit anung brand then same pa din ng ram,videocard atpb na rig. Iless mo lang yun monitor less than 30k will do bro. Pasok na yun s budget mo high end gaming pa yun system mo.

hindi ko kasi alam kung talagang pwede yung iniisip ko. may nakita akong 3k socket 1156 na mobo para sa 1156 na corei7. ngayon alam ko na pwede yung kahit anong mobo basta 1156? paki qoute naman ako ng complete oh? wala ng monitor ah! :salute: sayo brother! :D tulog narin ako bukas nalang paguwe ko titingnan yan. hehe thankyou brother! :praise: :salute: :yes:

Edit : lagay mo narin bro kung saan mo siya kinuhang price ah? salamat! :thanks:

Last edited:

hi there... Just reviewd your post and here's my thought for your system gtx 460 wil run smoothly in your system but it requires upgrade in your current psu. Generic wont last for videocard like that. Get some tough psu to handle your system. My advice go for thermaltake,antec,hec or coolermaster true rated 650 watts. One thing to consider also try to upgrade your ram to ddr3 system. I know msi g41 can run ddr2 and ddr3. If so then upgrade your ram. Hit thanks nalang.

Thanks for taking time to review my inquiry.

So just to recap:

1. MSi G41M4-F can handle the GTX460; just need to upgrade the PSU to a 650-watter. Will this be enough or do I need to buy a higher-rated PSU? Out of the brands you mentioned, which is the most recommended (taking into consideration possible future hardware requirements)?

2. About the RAM support: I know that the G41 series may support DDR3, but I'm not sure if my specific board (G41M4-F) can support DDR3 types of RAM. I checked my motherboard's manual and the MSi website and I think it only supports DDR2. To which I ask a question: is it necessary to upgrade to a DDR3-type of RAM when I upgrade the video card? I rarely max out my 4GB of DDR2 ram because I use Linux. When a computer uses Linux, it allocates a portion of the hard drive as Swap space (think of it as an "extender" for RAM). I just use up an average of 1/4 of my system's 4GB, even on DDR2 RAM. Are you recommending an upgrade of RAM because of my intention to upgrade the video card? Because if it matters, then I may need to purchase a whole new system, then...since my specific motherboard doesn't support DDR3 RAM.

Thanks again. :)

hindi ko kasi alam kung talagang pwede yung iniisip ko. may nakita akong 3k socket 1156 na mobo para sa 1156 na corei7. ngayon alam ko na pwede yung kahit anong mobo basta 1156? paki qoute naman ako ng complete oh? wala ng monitor ah! :salute: sayo brother! :D tulog narin ako bukas nalang paguwe ko titingnan yan. hehe thankyou brother! :praise: :salute: :yes:

Edit : lagay mo narin bro kung saan mo siya
kinuhang price ah? salamat! :thanks:

ok cge wait mo lang bibigyan kita ng mgandang teknik para mapababa m pa yun presyo ng di nagbabago yun rig. Suggest ko gilmore it center ka bumili ang dame dun kung baga sa raon bagsakan ng mga electronic components dun bagskan ng computer laptop to desktop.

cpu, Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz PHP 13190.00
lga1155,
gigabyte h67m-d2-b3 board Php 4600.00
Corsair 4gb ddr3 w/heatsink PHP 2100.00

vga, Sapphire HD 5770 ddr5 PHP 6,030.00

psu, cougar cmx 700watts 80plus php2,700.00
atx, Cooler Master elite w/ side panel PHP 2100.00

Php. 33,515.00

baba pa yan basta makipag bid ka sa mga store s gilmor wag mo babanggitin yun range ng budget mo. Foxconn, gaisano mg paquote ka dun baba pa yan presyo nyan. Hope nakatulong bro. sandybridge na un set up na yan.

Last edited:

Thanks for taking time to review my inquiry.

So just to recap:

1. MSi G41M4-F can handle the GTX460; just need to upgrade the PSU to a 650-watter. Will this be enough or do I need to buy a higher-rated PSU? Out of the brands you mentioned, which is the most recommended (taking into consideration possible future hardware requirements)?

2. About the RAM support: I know that the G41 series may support DDR3, but I'm not sure if my specific board (G41M4-F) can support DDR3 types of RAM. I checked my motherboard's manual and the MSi website and I think it only supports DDR2. To which I ask a question: is it necessary to upgrade to a DDR3-type of RAM when I upgrade the video card? I rarely max out my 4GB of DDR2 ram because I use Linux. When a computer uses Linux, it allocates a portion of the hard drive as Swap space (think of it as an "extender" for RAM). I just use up an average of 1/4 of my system's 4GB, even on DDR2 RAM. Are you recommending an upgrade of RAM because of my intention to upgrade the video card? Because if it matters, then I may need to
purchase a whole new system, then...since my specific motherboard doesn't support DDR3 RAM.

Thanks again. :)

hi again, bout the ram its really not necessary to changed it. If your using linux it wil be fine. Regarding to psu 650 watts is enough since its true rated or 80% efficiency can supply your system. intel is known for low power consumption so even if you do upgrade your your mobo to crossfire or sli system your psu can handle them. I recommend coolermaster,thermaltake. If you do have budget for psu go for corsair.

hi again, bout the ram its really not necessary to changed it. If your using linux it wil be fine. Regarding to psu 650 watts is enough since its true rated or 80% efficiency can supply your system. intel is known for low power consumption so even if you do upgrade your your mobo to crossfire or sli system your psu can handle them. I recommend coolermaster,thermaltake. If you do have budget for psu go for corsair.

Excellent. Thanks for the advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom