Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

All About Kata Tablets (Reviews, Questions, etc)

Re: All About Kata Minitab 7 & T1 (Reviews, Questions, etc) ... may rooting na!!!

Got my T1 last Nov.04... so far so great for me.
I've tried the HDMI port and it works like a charm.
Only question is, how will i enable mirroring for the display?
The screen on T1 goes blank when HDMI is connected. Is there a way that we can make mirroring possible?

Thanks for the help.

Mga sir... anyone who experienced this concern and was able to find a solution?.. Maraming salamat po sa reply.

Re: All About Kata Minitab 7 & T1 (Reviews, Questions, etc) ... may rooting na!!!

bago lng po ako d2.,.,. update ko lang po may tinda na din silang broadband para sa kata t1.,. pwde daw kahit anung simcard sabi nung nagtitinda.,. wew marami na cguro nag reklamo na ndi daw pede bb stick dun kaya gumawa sila ng sarili nila kaso ang mahal 1,399 kaya kung may bb stick na kau mas mura lng kung ung bb na router buy nyu.,., tnx

may sun broadband ako sa t1..nagamit ko kaso ang bagal broadband na sun...bakit mabagal may naktry na ba ipasok yung bb stick nila sa kata.... anyone?

nangyari na ba sa inyo ung nag negative un percentage ng battery? tapos nawala n ung battery indicator sa baba?

where can i dload besides sa android store?
:noidea:

sir yung T1 b may OTA update n ng software? thanks :salute:

nangyari na ba sa inyo ung nag negative un percentage ng battery? tapos nawala n ung battery indicator sa baba?

nangyari na sa kin yung negative percentage (-512%). na-overcharge ko kasi, nakatulugan ko. bale ang natatandaan ko, naka-negative sa status bar, pero nung i-press ko ung right side ng statbar, para lumabas yung pop-out na settings, tama naman yung percentage. then nawala na yung neg % sa status bar. wala naman na akong napansin na kakaiba after that. although ingat na ko na ma-overcharge kata ko.

Greetings everyone!

Please bear with my English. Tagalog is not my native tongue, but your forum seems to have more info on the Kata T1 than any other place...

My wife is Filipina and my mother-in-law just bought a T1 as part of an OWTEL phone card promotion here in the States. And son-in-law (that's me :) ) somehow managed to brick this thing.

Now the boot loader doesn't load anything. All I see at boot is a Linux penguin and then a blank screen.

I can use the reset button and volume down key to get into recovery mode, but the icon immediately changes to a belly-up Android with a red exclamation mark icon. I assume this is because there's no ROM image where the recovery expects to find it. I believe that by default this would be in the root of the internal flash memory.

ADB is working while in recovery mode but /system can't be mounted so none of the usual shell commands are working. I believe I can still "push" a ROM image onto the root partition. If not, I might be able to put it on a mini-SD card and hopefully the recovery will find it there...

Can someone possibly upload a copy of the Fish Market APK? I'm thinking I can install that APK on another non-Kata tablet and then download the "T1 Update", which seems to be a complete ROM image.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend...

(Peter)

up naten. . .kata t2 user.

Pano ba iroot to? :-)

Last edited:

sir yung pang root ba sa 1st page works both for mini and T1? TIA! :salute:

Guys,
I bought KATA T1 last December 2012 and this is my personal review below:

1. Fast access using the KATA Broadband
2. The device seems like a Samsung Tablet too
3. WiFi connection is also good
4. Smooth graphics user interface especially in games
5. Battery life for movies is 2 1/2 hours
6. Battery life for music almost 7 hours
7. My rate from 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) is 8 !
8. Remaining rate 2 is for the absence of Siim Card Slot

:salute: hi, newbie here, just wanna ask for help in rooting my T1..
when i install PDAnet on my PC running W7, it can continue. a pop up saying tha ADB bla bla bla and errors appears,.
just want to root my T1 so badly, anyone can post the step by step procedures.?:weep: i have instaloled PDANet on my T1..i have downloaded the AndroidRoot file uploaded on the first post..any one help me please.:pray:

:salute: hi, newbie here, just wanna ask for help in rooting my T1..
when i install PDAnet on my PC running W7, it can continue. a pop up saying tha ADB bla bla bla and errors appears,.
just want to root my T1 so badly, anyone can post the step by step procedures.?:weep: i have instaloled PDANet on my T1..i have downloaded the AndroidRoot file uploaded on the first post..any one help me please.:pray:

also please tell me where to put files on pc and tablet..:pray::help:

hey its me again, ill just keep my post as simple as this.
since im not as techie as you guys were here, can i have the very first procedure to be done when rooting Kata T1.. when im installing the PDANet on my PC under W7, i got this message.
"Android phone not detected (Error= 104 and 103). Please wait for the driver installation to complete blah blah blah.." and my ADB Dricer is not installed in my device Manager, what should i do or download or anything.
can someone please give me a clear step by step procedure for non techy users out here..:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Kindly read earlier posts here regarding the rooting. There are many suggestions you can study.

may sun broadband ako sa t1..nagamit ko kaso ang bagal broadband na sun...bakit mabagal may naktry na ba ipasok yung bb stick nila sa kata.... anyone?

bumagal na talaga ang Sun Broadband magmula ng ma-acquire ng pldt. dati kasi un din ang gamit ko, ok naman both sa pc at tablet... kaya lang biglang gumapang.

penge naman po complete guide pag root sa T1 di ko magawa ung mga nakalagay sa instruction eh :(( di ko mainstall ung pdanet di madetect ung tablet..meron ba kayong usb driver para sa T1? pa attach na din po..TIA!

penge naman po complete guide pag root sa T1 di ko magawa ung mga nakalagay sa instruction eh :(( di ko mainstall ung pdanet di madetect ung tablet..meron ba kayong usb driver para sa T1? pa attach na din po..TIA!

I've updated the first page of this thread. Please check it out for the attached files and the the additional posts on Rooting. There are four posts that gives instructions plus one listing for questions and feedbacks about it.

If you're using Windows XP, don't bother, since pdanet doesn't work on XP. Use Windows 7 or 8.

... when rooting Kata T1.. when im installing the PDANet on my PC under W7, i got this message.
"Android phone not detected (Error= 104 and 103). Please wait for the driver installation to complete blah blah blah.." and my ADB Dricer is not installed in my device Manager, what should i do or download or anything.

Run Pdanet on your tablet. Choose USB Tether Mode. Your computer will now be able to see your device when you connect via USB cable.

sir yung pang root ba sa 1st page works both for mini and T1? TIA! :salute:
yup!

sir yung T1 b may OTA update n ng software? thanks :salute:
Kata don't do OTA updates. Their objective IMHO is for the consumers to buy a new unit everytime there's an update to the android os version... minitab7 = gingerbread, t1 = ice cream sandwich, and t2 = jelly bean.

up naten. . .kata t2 user.

Pano ba iroot to? :-)

baka sir malakas ang loob nyong i-try yung instructions for m7 and t1 diyan sa t2 nyo? pero disclaimer ko ... proceed at your own risk... di pa kasi tested. :)

Last edited:

kung hindi pala gumagawa ng update ang kata via ota . eh para san naman yung ota na nakalagay sa specs ng t2? :noidea:

minitab7 walang ota, ito unit ko.
yung t1 owners, wala namang nababanggit.
t2? ... clueless ako.
pasensiya na but ang point of reference ko kasi is minitab7. i don't mean to mislead anyone. sorry.

care to describe and/or review your t2 here? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom