Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Apollonian ka ba? Pasok na! Roms, Tips, Tricks, Tweak, and many more!

Roxkis

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I made this thread for Cherry Mobile Apollo tutorials, reviews, tweaks and many more.

2qc15s0.jpg

REVIEW:

Cherry Mobile has just released Apollo, one of the units that are from Project X, Y and Z. Project Y is for Flare 2.0, although I am not sure on what project does this belong. To give a brief background on its specifications, here they are:

Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
4.5-inch HD (720 x 1280) IPS display
Dual sim support
4 GB internal storage expandable via a MicroSD card slot
1 GB RAM
1.2 GHz quad core MediaTek MT6589 processor
PowerVR SGX544 graphics processor
12 MP autofocus primary camera with LED flash
5 MP front camera
HSPA+
WiFi
Bluetooth
A-GPS
2000 mAh battery

Build and Quality

The build is a bit sturdy. It's not cheap looking, and it feels good on your hands. The back part is glossy, and it seems that it is prone to fingerprints and scratches. But still, despite that, the phone is good to use.

Operating System

Powered by Android 4.2 and backed by 1GB of it's the best of both worlds. So far, I have not encountered any hitches and slowdowns. I was impressed on how such experience can be attained at thqt price. The screen looks fantastic as well, since it is an IPS with a G+G technology embedded, together with a resolution of 1280x800 + 321ppi. Viewing texts and reading is a bliss. It's a great thing that CM was able to pack these at that price. Oh, did I mention that it's a 5-touch screen?

Camera and Multimedia

Here are the sample shots from the camera. It's now up to you to judge. As for the sounds, it has this enhancement tool but I have not yet totally tested it. What is good on this phone is that it does not get picky when it comes to the headset. Everything that I throw in, whether a 3 jack or 2 jack, it detects the headphone very well.

Gaming: Smooth As Silk

I've currently tested Temple Run 2, 2Fuse, Minion Rush and Dead Trigger, and all of them are just running sexy on this gadget. By the next few days, I will be testing Asphalt 8 and other hardcore games and we'll see how it goes.

Battery

To be honest,.I.was totally disappointed with my old phone's (Flare 1) battery so I was a bit hesitant to get this phone. But still, CM has at least upped their game by throwing in a 2000mAh battery. The entire time, my WiFi and Bluetooth was on, and I managed to get about hours before the juice ran out. The battery does not suck, nor outshines. It's a so-so thing actually.

Initial Verdict

Should you buy this phone? Yes, but take note that CM releases new units at least once or twice a month. But with how this phone performed so far with it's price, it is already a deal breaker. I hope CM will not give up on their new devices.

GUIDE: Before you buy!

* Antutu Benchmark Test. LINK
* Dead/stuck Pixel Test. LINK
* Multi-touch Screen Test. LINK
* Backlight Bleed test
* Temple Run (for gyro test).
* Music and movie file for audio and video playback test.
* Load for call and text test.
* Camera Test, Rear and Front Cam Test.
* Video Recording Test.
* WiFi/3G/Bluetooth Connectivity Test
* Charger, headphones, wires etc. Test

Lagay nyo nalang sa sd card, maganda kung meron na kayo sa old phone nyo. Install nyo sa CM Apollo nyo then test nyo na lahat bago kayo magbayad.

TUT ROOT and CWM RECOVERY

**Void ang warranty pag rinoot niyo and linagyan ng CWM recovery for your information
**Do it at your own risk im not liable if you brick your phone
**Wag niyo sakin itanong paano iunroot kasi hindi ko pa ginagawa and wala akong balak gawin.

ROOT FILE: LINK

Root method:

1. Turn on the USB debugging
2. Contact the your phone with PC, install the drivers on your PC. Turn on the USB debugging
3. Open the root tool: run.bat
4. Enter any key on your keyboard, it will root your phone automatically
5. If succeed, it will inform you and reboot the phone

CWM FILE: LINK

CWM method:

1. Download MobileUncle tools in Playstore
2. Open MobileUncle Tools and go to the Recovery Update
3. You should see the CWM/Recovery file you placed in your SD card.
4. Select it and click on OK.
5. Finally, choose reboot to Recovery.
6. If all was done correctly, your phone should boot into your new cwm recovery.

CUSTOM ROMS:

SAMSUNG ROM

**Void ang warranty pag rinoot niyo and linagyan ng CWM recovery for your information
**Wag niyo sakin itanong paano iunroot kasi hindi ko pa ginagawa and wala akong balak gawin :)
**Create a backup first before you flash the rom

Requirements:

CM Apollo(rooted with cwm)
USB cord(optional)
ROOTEDCWM(recovery)
MicroSD

Features:

Samsung Launcher
Samsung Apps
Samsung Icons
Samsung Status Bar/Toggle
Samsung Widgets
Samsung Boot Animation
Samsung Sounds

ROM: LINK

Lewa OS Rom

**Wag niyo sakin itanong paano iunroot kasi hindi ko pa ginagawa and wala akong balak gawin :)
**Create a backup first before you flash the rom

Requirements:

CM Apollo(rooted with cwm)
USB cord(optional)
ROOTEDCWM(recovery)
MicroSD

Wala eto playstore and browser, just download the apk file of the playstore :)

ROM: LINK

Steps:

1. Download the file first
2. Put your "rom" in the sdcard
3. Turn Off your phone.
4. Hold power and vol. up until CWM recovery apperar
5. Click "Wipe Data and Cache"
6. Click "install zip from sdcard"
7. Click "choose zip from sdcard"
8. Click "Lewa OS - GT99.zip"
9. Flash it and wait for the process.
10. Then reboot
11. After the boot up just change the language in the settings

Click "Wipe Data and Cache"
NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 FIX!!

REQUIREMENTS:

Rooted Cherry Mobile Apollo
File Explorer
PC / Laptop
HxD - Hexeditor for PC/Laptop

HxD - Hexeditor: LINK

STEPS:

-Open your Wifi (of your phone).
-Goto 'Settings>About Phone>Status'
-Copy your Wi-Fi MAC Address on a piece of paper or on your PC/Laptop
-Turn your Wifi off
-Copy 'WIFI' file located at 'root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/ '
-Create atlease two copies (for backup)
-Paste it on your PC/Laptop
-Install HxD - Hexeditor
-Open HxD. Click 'File>Open' and locate the WIFI file.
-Assuming you know the multiplication table.
-Place the cursor on 00000000 x 04
-Type your MAC Address. Your MAC Address should start below the column 04 and ends below column 09
-Click save. Paste the edited file in 'root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/ '. Overwrite the old 'WIFI'.
-Reboot your phone
-Check in your Wifi list and NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 will be gone!! :)

How to Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean:

-Go to – Settings > About phone.
-Then move on to Build number option
-Tap on Build number repeatedly about 7 times.
-This is enough.
-After touching 7th time you will see a message that, “you are now a developer”.

Now the option will be placed in Settings menu. Normally it placed under System in Settings menu. Then you can enable it in Developer Options and Android Debugging.

source: SOURCE

KUDOS TO THOSE WHO DISCOVER ALL THIS TIPS AND TRICKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Modify your Apollo! [Roms,Tweaks,Root,Etc.]

natry munaba ung rooting nyan?? okei ba??

yap. fried and tested na yan. rooted at cwm na apollo ko.

ahh ganun ba.. salamat ts :clap: :thumbsup:

framaroot pinaka madali pang root.. no pc needed.

minsan ndi ngwowork yung framaroot.. :D

working yung framaroot tested ko na unroot and root parehas na gumagana

Make this the official cm apollo thread hehe nagbabalak ako bumili nito kaya lang need tips sa pagbili, ano ba mga naencounter nyong bugs and defects?para maitest ko muna para kung may problema di na ko babalik para ipalit :thanks:

kadalasan blb, dead pixel, gps, at iba pa. pero ang saken ok naman. tagal din ng batt at swabe tlga sa pglalaro. di ka magsisisi s pgbili

Paano ba malalaman pag may blb at dead pixel?pwede ipalit yun pagmay ganun? :help:

Ang konti palang yata ng apollo users ah, sana dumami developer nito :pray:

may developer na. si kuya marc santos. sali kayo sa fb group. :D

Good pm po. Na-brick po yung Cherry Mobile Apollo ko po and unfortunately, rooted lang siya, walang CWM bago na-brick so hindi po ako maka-install ng kahit anong ROM. Isa na lang po ang nakikita kong solution, ang makakita ng "user data backup" galing sa ibang Apollo users. Ah. kung pwede po, sana may magupload naman po dito sa thread na ito yung userdata backup ng apollo para po ma-i-restore ko po at gumana na po ulit yung apollo ko. thanks and God Bless!!!

sali ka sa group sa fb, may tutorial po dun papano maibabalik sa dati si apollo mo. :D

nasa baba po ang link. :)

mga sir tanong ko lang po bago lang ako sa mundo ng android pero matagal ko na naririnig ang root, ano po ba nagagawa nyan root? alam ko may mga apps na pang root only...pero without root apps ano po pinagkaiba sa root at unroot, may performance gain po ba o settings na hidden na lalabas? example po mga master android root.

btw nag join na po ako pa accept po roy

sincerely,
Kakaroot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom