Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start with the mental case of hoarding as the root of it all. Many adopted children from the most depressed countries of Africa show it. Studies reveal that they do it because they are uncertain whether their good fortunes under the care of adoptive families, mostly Western ones, will last long. So they hoard for the future. In the larger social context, the top populations of most countries will have the largest share of their respective countries' wealth in order to secure the future of their children and beyond. The Scandinavians pinned it all down to economic insecurity. Hence they instituted nationwide reforms to make top-notch education free for all, and the graduates look forward to get hired in world-class industries paying some of the highest salaries in the world. What parent, then, would have to worry about the future of their children under that setup? Under the model, they no longer have any reason to hoard for the future, since they are secure in the knowledge that their children will live in a world that is fair to their ambition and talents. No stress for the parents too, so they could enjoy the fruits of their labor traveling or anything to fill whatever what's left of their time on earth. :)

Meanwhile in the Philippines... :lol:

so ano ginagawa mo ngayon boss ruer? sumasama ka sa mga gatherings nila ? yun nga ang problem ko I mean wala pakong anak pero in the future paano ko kaya iraraise yung anak ko by my beliefs ba or yung nakasanayan na religion kasi for sure pagpanganak sa kanya kelangan binyagan.

Yep sumasama ako. I have to. I tend to hear them out and check them under my own logic. I don't argue with them because it will be a losing case unless I'm in US, AU, FR or ENG.

Just throw the best education that you could give. Your child will compare the two. When he starts to question things, that's the best time for you to step in.

I'll bet my zero bitcoin account [:lol:] those people from AutoX would occupy the next billionaires' list in a few years. These are not ordinary men afterall, most of them coming from such companies as Microsoft, Intel, etc. To do what they had done in six months when the Tesla guys and other outfits took years and use of global mapping tech while they managed to do it without speaks volumes what kind of brains these people have. And their scientific acumen also seems to translate into business IQ.

Vikings? Ah, malalaman mo diyan that Loki is more a complex character than the version that movies portray, hehe. Mas kuha ng Marvel series yung essence nya, but that is another medium of course.

May mga nondenominational schools naman satin kahit saan, yun nga lang stratospheric din ang tuition, like Montessori. Ang kalamangan ng Scandinavian countries, the state provides free education from early on to higher levels. That's where the 50% tax go. Nobody is complaining, since these Viking descendants also are some of the highest earning people on Earth—also always declared as the best places to live with the happiest people to boot. Add also the lowest crime rate all over the place of the planet.

The Scandinavian socioeconomic model is the way to the future. They have long identified the source of inequality in society and seem to be doing well taking it out of the social equation. How is that?

Start with the mental case of hoarding as the root of it all. Many adopted children from the most depressed countries of Africa show it. Studies reveal that they do it because they are uncertain whether their good fortunes under the care of adoptive families, mostly Western ones, will last long. So they hoard for the future. In the larger social context, the top populations of most countries will have the largest share of their respective countries' wealth in order to secure the future of their children and beyond. The Scandinavians pinned it all down to economic insecurity. Hence they instituted nationwide reforms to make top-notch education free for all, and the graduates look forward to get hired in world-class industries paying some of the highest salaries in the world. What parent, then, would have to worry about the future of their children under that setup? Under the model, they no longer have any reason to hoard for the future, since they are secure in the knowledge that their children will live in a world that is fair to their ambition and talents. No stress for the parents too, so they could enjoy the fruits of their labor traveling or anything to fill whatever what's left of their time on earth. :)
Ang lupit din pala nung team niya didnt research thoroughly pero if they came from a reputable company sigurado yung work is solid talaga , pero ang gusto ko rin talaga mag succeed is yung mga plans talaga ni elon musk which is about energy kasi in the future yan ang magiging problem talaga natin not about car yung solar city niya is doing good pero mas maganda if every year o another year meron silang new found technology hanggang maging efficient at abot ng masa na talaga yung products nila.

Sa vikings yung nag rerepresent kay loki medyo complicated nakaka confuse pero at the same time may mga magagandang nagagawa like sa mythology which is isa siya sa naging way para magkaroon ng ultimate weapon si thor if I'm not mistaken .

medyo nalito ako boss ahaha do you mean na they adopting children from depressed countries kasi ang tingin nila wala silang tiwala na magiging maganda yung buhay nung mga yun sa mga western countries like US?
Kayang kaya gawin sa Pinas yung ganun kaso yun nga mga corrupt naka ingrained na talaga sa atin ,kayang alisin pero matatagalan kelangan munang tanggalin sa listahan ng mga pwedeng bumoto yung mga hindi nagbabayad directly ng tax . Im not in the position to say those things pero opinion ko isa na yung way para gumanda yung bansa natin.
Last time na nanuod ako ng TV timing na show ni Boy Abunda which is the Bottomline then they are discussing about Tax reform sa Pinas , they are exempting people who earn 20k below sa tax tingin ko isa na yang way na tataas yung rate ng mga makakapag aral dito sa pinas.

Yep sumasama ako. I have to. I tend to hear them out and check them under my own logic. I don't argue with them because it will be a losing case unless I'm in US, AU, FR or ENG.

Just throw the best education that you could give. Your child will compare the two. When he starts to question things, that's the best time for you to step in.

Yun nga e hehe walang patutunguhan yung pakikipag argue about religion dahil di papatalo yung isat isa , naalala ko lang sa bitcoin forum na pinupuntahan ko majority nung mga pinoy na andun puro mga relihiyoso daw gusto kong makig pag talo pero alam na nating lugi dahil mas marami sila XD.

Ang lupit din pala nung team niya didnt research thoroughly pero if they came from a reputable company sigurado yung work is solid talaga , pero ang gusto ko rin talaga mag succeed is yung mga plans talaga ni elon musk which is about energy kasi in the future yan ang magiging problem talaga natin not about car yung solar city niya is doing good pero mas maganda if every year o another year meron silang new found technology hanggang maging efficient at abot ng masa na talaga yung products nila.

Yung founder ng AutoX is fondly called Professor X. Phd at MIT and has his own lab at Princeton. That struck me first, and the astounding fact that his team comprises of the same PhD-level people, from mighty Apple and Microsoft themselves. Impressive talaga yung tech niya using only off-the-shelf cameras valued at $50. Eh yung competition using LIDAR and all that heavy financing and took years to come up with working models. Then faulty pa until now.

Eto yung demo nila:

medyo nalito ako boss ahaha do you mean na they adopting children from depressed countries kasi ang tingin nila wala silang tiwala na magiging maganda yung buhay nung mga yun sa mga western countries like US?

Ah... ganito: psychologists have profiled the mental state of children adopted from the poorest countries—usually Africa—who exhibited this weird compulsive behavior. Napapansin ng adopted parents nila nakakagawian nila maghoard ng mga pagkain, damit, at kung ano pa sa mga kwarto nila. Sa pag-aaral ng mga psychologists, ang sinasabi nilang dahilan ay di pa rin daw sila nakakatiyak na magtatagal sila sa mabuting kalagayan na natatamasa nila sa piling ng mga nag-ampon sa kanila, kaya nagsesecure sila ng mga items sa rooms nila for security. The underlying psychosis at work is comparable—under the larger economic setting—sa tinuturing natin na ganid na members ng lipunan kahit saan na gagawin lahat para makakuha ng mas malaking share sa national wealth by hook or by crook para maipasa sa sunod na lahi nila.

Kayang kaya gawin sa Pinas yung ganun kaso yun nga mga corrupt naka ingrained na talaga sa atin ,kayang alisin pero matatagalan kelangan munang tanggalin sa listahan ng mga pwedeng bumoto yung mga hindi nagbabayad directly ng tax . Im not in the position to say those things pero opinion ko isa na yung way para gumanda yung bansa natin.

Last time na nanuod ako ng TV timing na show ni Boy Abunda which is the Bottomline then they are discussing about Tax reform sa Pinas , they are exempting people who earn 20k below sa tax tingin ko isa na yang way na tataas yung rate ng mga makakapag aral dito sa pinas.

Marami kaseng factor involved, but the bottom line is that when people have more economic power and more time to think social issues further, there is less compulsion to behave negatively. Pag naghihirap ang tao, kapit sa patalim, leaving them vulnerable to opportunists either from the underworld elements or so-called legit operations like religion.

- - - Updated - - -

... all the predatory sharks and all that are having a field day while others lurk in the background waiting for their turn, under new regimes....

There—did I finish it well for ya? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Humans in 1000 Years

Yun nga e hehe walang patutunguhan yung pakikipag argue about religion dahil di papatalo yung isat isa , naalala ko lang sa bitcoin forum na pinupuntahan ko majority nung mga pinoy na andun puro mga relihiyoso daw gusto kong makig pag talo pero alam na nating lugi dahil mas marami sila XD.

My sentiments exactly. But then, at least we have our brains intact.

We could hear them out but they would never do the same thing for us.

... all the predatory sharks and all that are having a field day while others lurk in the background waiting for their turn, under new regimes....

There—did I finish it well for ya? :lol:

Oh well, there's nothing much we can do... for now.

Unless Bane will liberate the country. Lol

:yipee: Kumusta ang mga enlightened diyan! :yipee:

House Rules
  • Hindi maaaring magdebate ang Atheists at Agnostics.
  • Atheists igalang mo ang pananalig ng mga Agnostics
  • Agnostics huwag mong personalin ang mga Atheists
  • Mabuhay tayo ng may katibayan. Yehey!

Alin ang pwede
SQUARE SOCRATIC ARGUMENT LANG ANG PWEDE! NO FALLACY KUNG HINDI I-REREPORT NAMIN KAYO! Logical and Philosophical Analysis should also work, Scientific evidence must be provided with logical explanations too.

Thread Purpose
Upang magkaroon ng lugar at diskusyon ang mga Atheists at Agnostics.

For Our Visitors
If you have to ask anything, feel free. btw, we have apple juice on the frigged.

mabuhay tayong lahat

Yung problema lang sa electric car industry e yung pag bubully nang mga oil companies at big car companies na naka invest nang malaki sa fossil fuel. Dun naging usad pagong yung TESLA noon dahil na politika sila.

Hindi sa Elon fanboy ako pero malaki tlga yung contribution nang TESLA sa pag pave way nang electric car revolution, meron na silang government funding which is yung giga factory.

Anyways mas ok yung meron competition, atleast mapapabilis yung pag develop nang source code para sa self driving car.

-------------------------

Pansin ko lang, karamihan sa mga pinoy atheist mahilig makipag-away sa mga theist. Napapatawa ako palagi at napapa isip, hindi tlga mga mahilig sa science and technology tong mga to mahilig lang tlga sila makipag-away. :rofl: *triggered*

enhanced-buzz-1581-1373945258-8.jpg

Yung problema lang sa electric car industry e yung pag bubully nang mga oil companies at big car companies na naka invest nang malaki sa fossil fuel. Dun naging usad pagong yung TESLA noon dahil na politika sila.

Hindi sa Elon fanboy ako pero malaki tlga yung contribution nang TESLA sa pag pave way nang electric car revolution, meron na silang government funding which is yung giga factory.

Anyways mas ok yung meron competition, atleast mapapabilis yung pag develop nang source code para sa self driving car.

Pansin ko lang, karamihan sa mga pinoy atheist mahilig makipag-away sa mga theist. Napapatawa ako palagi at napapa isip, hindi tlga mga mahilig sa science and technology tong mga to mahilig lang tlga sila makipag-away. :rofl: *triggered*

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-s...3/7/15/23/enhanced-buzz-1581-1373945258-8.jpg

It appears AutoX offers a complete new way of looking at automated driving. If it proves to be the better solution, the competition could just as easily license it from the AutoX people, since that is what those people are after, not strictly killing off the competition.

Musk could be spearheading a better way for humanity to ultimately manage its resources. There's a long way to go, though.

Atheists have no monopoly in the heckler mentality department. I am sure you are aware how this thread navigated through those nasty episodes early on. That is why I try to steer this thread and the others to informed discussion boards. We do our own, whatever our belief affiliations, to point people to a better life vision.

Last edited:
I know, i remember you backed me up from one of my threads where an atheist from this forum started shitposting my thread. :rofl:

Anyway, let's set the mood lighter for this weekend with these:

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Rick and Morty
Rise Above
Focus on Science

panoorin nyu guys
thank me later

Last edited:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-s...3/7/15/23/enhanced-buzz-1581-1373945258-8.jpg

In my point.. I only debate when they steped on my belief also.. but still I wont continue fighting if thier belief dont have concrete evidence :)

Attachments

• nuclearreactorsgetty_1024.jpg
    nuclearreactorsgetty_1024.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1
hehehe
i forgot to mention
it's a cartoon
2seasons were done
waiting for the 3rd season
you can watch it in kisscartoon.io

I've seen that video about the kid who's said to revolutionize nuclear tech. However, how many know about this....

- - - Updated - - -

link...? :)

Eto mas current at my explanation din dito kung bakit yung thorium di na develop noon.

8================================================= =============D

This tech could save our current problem of methane pollution that millions of cows produce, also it takes vast amount of land area to raise cows.

Also automated gardener (opensource).

Energy storage yung promising market ngayun, since eto tlga yung problema sa renewable energy.

Last edited:
Minibreak sa tech, eto bago lang...

Atheists and Highly Religious People
Are the Least Scared of Death, Study Reveals

attachment.php

Benjamin Franklin once famously wrote in a letter that "in this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes".

This inescapable end is a scary thought for most people, but according to a recent study, those who are highly religious and those who have no religious belief at all tend to be less scared of death than the average person, which suggests that many of our behaviors are motivated by a fear of dying.

Researchers led by the University of Oxford figured this out by systematically digging through a number of previous studies to examine the ties between religiosity and anxiety over death, and to determine whether a belief in the supernatural helps or hinders people's acceptance of their own eventual demise.

Their work revolved around a concept known as Terror Management Theory (TMT), which hypothesizes that the conflict between our desire to live and the knowledge of inevitable death is a key driver behind many cultural values and rituals.

This awareness—or 'mortality salience'—creates behaviors that help us either avoid death or distract ourselves from it, including the speculations we make in defense of our world views.

It's this defense mechanism that is thought to inform our desire to mix with a particular social group, influence our political and religious convictions, and affect how we engage in various social rituals such as attending church or political rallies.

This hypothesis predicts anxiety over death will be lowest among the extremely religious, since fear of death would naturally drive people into religious cultures where their stress would be mitigated.

The team used data from 100 studies conducted between 1961 and 2014 to correlate the degree of religious conviction and anxiety over death in 26,000 people worldwide.

When all of the studies' effects were analyzed together, the researchers found that having strong faith had a weak but significant link with a lower fear of death.

No matter which specific beliefs or behaviors they looked at – whether it was just a fervent belief in the afterlife or regular church attendance – as the effect gained strength, anxiety over death seemed to fade.

The research provided a few other interesting details – many of the studies explored the difference between intrinsic religiosity (faith driven by a view of religion as an ends to itself), and extrinsic religiosity (faith influenced by a value in social cohesion or personal comfort).

The meta-analysis found that those who defended their faith as "intrinsically important" tended to have less anxiety over dying, while those with higher degrees of extrinsic motivation tended to also have a higher degree of anxiety over death.

According to the TMT world view defense hypothesis, most atheists would worry less about dying – after all, if they did feel anxious, the hypothesis predicts they'd seek out some way to alleviate it, such as religion.

The team looked at the results of individual reports and found that of the 11 that included data from atheists, 10 backed up the view that most of them weren't all that anxious about death.

What does all of this mean? Given correlations such as these don't describe a clear cause, we're left to speculate.

"This definitely complicates the old view, that religious people are less afraid of death than nonreligious people. It may well be that atheism also provides comfort from death, or that people who are just not afraid of death aren't compelled to seek religion," said researcher Jonathon Jong from the University of Oxford in the UK.

Could those who are anxious about death seek out religion, as TMT asserts, or could weak religious belief create anxiety itself?

It's clearly complicated, especially given the range of conflicting results among the reports found by the researchers, which suggests possible differences in time or across cultures.

Hopefully, we all have a few more years to worry about the answer...

This research was published in Religion, Brain & Behaviour.

SOURCE

- - - Updated - - -

but back to tech, I find the following quite instructive for other things aside from the main topic of largest dam: it gives a clear and simple explanation about generating electricity from moving bodies like water—in this case, moving magnets + coil of wire = electricity, which goes back squarely to the time of Faraday and his first elucidation about the relationship of electricity and magnetism. In dams, the movement of flowing water is fed to a turbine which spins a magnet about a coil of wire that generates electricity. All that megaproject size still running by one of the simplest of scientific principles known to man...

Attachments

• skull_crossbones_1024.jpg
    skull_crossbones_1024.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
So it's going to be a question for all: Why worry about death when you can do something about life?

So it's going to be a question for all: Why worry about death when you can do something about life?

Which brings us to other options right now. How about:

1. Demystifying death for those who need it?
  2. Or ERASE our fear of death or anything entirely? Or erase any painful memory? Which brings up another question: what is humanity if it is no longer able to feel any fear?

...and these...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:lol: :lol:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and for those who're lucky to make it to the next life, a piece of friendly advice from our wit...

attachment.php

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Daghang Salamat

Share lang sad pananglitan ganahan ka. :)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 1190783
We should know what is death so that we will know what is life

The unity of opposites...? Hehe.

Attachments

• EmilysQuotes.Com-fear-death-life-wisdom-inspirational-Naguib-Mahfouz.jpg
    EmilysQuotes.Com-fear-death-life-wisdom-inspirational-Naguib-Mahfouz.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 7fc29d9a7e7bc299d4af2e277f26b598.jpg
    7fc29d9a7e7bc299d4af2e277f26b598.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 60
  • quote-to-fear-death-my-friends-is-only-to-think-ourselves-wise-without-being-wise-for-it-is-to-t.jpg
    quote-to-fear-death-my-friends-is-only-to-think-ourselves-wise-without-being-wise-for-it-is-to-t.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 60
  • quotes+about+life+and+death+(8).jpg
    quotes+about+life+and+death+(8).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 59
  • albert_camus_philosophy_2022.jpg
    albert_camus_philosophy_2022.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 708cd7fb724121093f617a3a37af3ae5.jpg
    708cd7fb724121093f617a3a37af3ae5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 59
  • quote-men-fear-death-as-children-fear-to-go-in-the-dark-and-as-that-natural-fear-in-children-is-.jpg
    quote-men-fear-death-as-children-fear-to-go-in-the-dark-and-as-that-natural-fear-in-children-is-.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 59
  • quote-i-do-not-fear-death-i-had-been-dead-for-billions-and-billions-of-years-before-i-was-mark-t.jpg
    quote-i-do-not-fear-death-i-had-been-dead-for-billions-and-billions-of-years-before-i-was-mark-t.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 59
  • quote-death-is-the-real-inspiring-genius-or-musagetes-of-philosophy-and-for-this-reason-socrates.jpg
    quote-death-is-the-real-inspiring-genius-or-musagetes-of-philosophy-and-for-this-reason-socrates.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 337f50c2dfec94b0f9c840969c691151.jpg
    337f50c2dfec94b0f9c840969c691151.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom