Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Beginners' Guide to Adobe Photoshop

pandasauure

Symbianize Angel
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I wantto share you a little that i know in adobe photoshop this is for the beginners also i hope you like it :D

This basic, thirty-minute tutorial is not a comprehensive instruction manual. It only teaches you the few simple features you need to know, to start using Adobe Photoshop. From there, you'll quickly discover most of the other features of the program yourself.​

1.jpg

1 – Creating a New Image, and Setting Adobe Photoshop's Undo Option
Click File > New, and create a new image of any size you desire.

Press Ctrl+K to bring up the Preferences window.

Change your "Redo Key" to Ctrl+Shift+Z. This enables you to press Ctrl+Z at any time, to undo the last thing(s) you did. Remember this.

2.jpg

2 – Using Adobe Photoshop's Layers window
The Layers window shows the various layers that your image is made up of.

To make a new layer, click the New Layer button, as shown by the red arrow.

To work on a different layer, click on that layer. The eyeball will apear next to that layer.

You can drag layers up and down the list.

Remember – create a new layer for each part of your image. This allows you to go back and edit the layers individually. Every Adobe Photoshop beginner at some time makes a masterpiece, only to find out that they did it all on one layer, and now they can't remove those pink clouds they put on it. :)

3.jpg

3 – Learning about Selection
One of the most important concepts in Adobe Photoshop is Selection.

sel.gif
This is the Rectangular Selection Tool.

Use this tool on your image to select an area of the image. This lets Photoshop know that that's the area you want to work on.

4.jpg

4 – Adding to a Selection and making a square
To add to a selection, hold Shift before dragging.

Tomake the selection exactly square, start dragging, then hold Shift.

You can press Ctrl+D to "deselect" and remove the selection at any time.

5.jpg

5 – Elliptical Selections and subtracting Selections
ellip.gif
Hold down on the Selection Tool on the Toolbar, and choose the Ellipse.

To move the selection, just click inside it and drag.

Holding Alt while selecting subtracts that area from the selection. I've done that with the Ellipse Selection Tool.

6.jpg

6 – A Selection exercise
If you're following this tutorial in Adobe Photoshop, see if you can make these shapes.

Other relevant Adobe Photoshop tools
lasso.gif
Lasso Tool – Allows you to draw a selection area with the cursor.
wand.gif
Magic Wand – Summons elves. (Also believed to select an area of one colour.) :P

7.jpg

7 – Choosing a colour
Now that you know how to select an area in Adobe Photoshop, we can look at some tools that can do something with that area.

Before we get started on colouring your selection, you'll need to pick a colour.

This part of the Toolbox is where you select your colours.

The top square is the foreground colour. If you use a brush or paint bucket, it will apply this colour.

The bottom square is the background colour. It has various purposes, but it's also a good place to store a second colour that you're using.

Click on either square to change its colour.
Click the arrow to swap the two colours.
Click the little squares to reset the colours to black and white.
9.jpg

8 – The Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
These two tools share a button on the toolbar. To select one, click and hold.

paint.gif
On a new layer, just click the Paint Bucket tool inside the area of your selection to fill it with the colour you've selected.

10.jpg

9 – A colour exercise
With what you've learned so far, you should be able to recreate this piece of hippy history. :)

Remember to create each step on a new layer.

Other Adobe Photoshop tools of interest include
text.gif
The Text Tool – Just click it wherever you want text to appear. Choose a font, colour, and size, and start typing.
move.gif
The Move Tool – Use this tool to drag things around. If you have a selection, it will drag the contents of the selection. If not, it will drag the contents of the layer you're on.

eto yung ilan sa mga gawa ko :D
attachment.php

sigpic526386_3.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HOPE YOU LIKE IT FEEDBACK NA LANG PO

List of tutorials

Page 1​

The Incredible Pen Tool
Add Dynamic Lighting to a Flat Photograph

Page 2​

TIPS AND TRICKS USING PENTOOL
Familiarizing Yourself with the Photoshop Interface
Using Tools from Photoshop's Toolbar

Page 3

Turn Your Own Car Into a Customized Street Racer
How to Turn Humdrum Photos Into Cinematic Portraits

Page 7

Minimize, colorize and bodypaint a Supercar​

Page 9

Create a Dark, Conceptual Photo Manipulation With Stock Photography

Page 11

ghost effect tutorial​

Page 14

Photoshop Compositing Secrets: Create a Studio Sports Portrait​

Page 20

Create a Graffiti-Inspired Illustration Using Photoshop and Illustrator

Page 21

Quick Tip: Create a “Transfarmers” Text Effect Using Layer Styles in Photoshop
Faded Pixels Photo Border Effect In Photoshop

Page 22

Shape Cluster Photo Display Effect

Page 23

Lightning Effect In Photoshop
blending layers

Page 24

Create a big barrier shield

Page 25

Create image to text Part 1
Create image to text PART 2

Page 26

Create a Phone background wallpaper
Di ko alam yung title ng tutorials ni Sir Critical dave

Page 27

Tutorial by sir criticalgrave PART 1
Tutorial by sir criticalgrave PART 2

Page 29

Quick Tip: How to Create an Abstract Wireframe Text Effect

Page 31

Tutorial by Sir CirticalGrave

Page 32

Tutorial by Sir CriticalGrave

Page 34

Quick Tip: How to Smooth Skin Without Losing Texture in Photoshop

NEW UPDATE
Page 39

Dynamic portrait na may flashy lights by Sir Criticalgarve

NEW UPDATE
Page 41

Create a Grungy Skateboard Photo Montage Poster
By: Pandasauure

New Update
Page 44

Quick Tip: Remove a Person From a Photo With Photoshop CS5’s Content Aware Feature

Last edited:
The Incredible Pen Tool

:dance:
ETO PARA SA MGA biginners ulit
:dance:

A lot of tutorials tell you to use the pen tool; this one will show you HOW to use the pen tool. Creating true vector shapes, partial pixel selections, curvature modification, and saved paths are just some of its features.​

Step 1
The pen tool has 2 main functions: Shape Layers and Paths. For this tutorial, we'll be using Paths. Select the pen tool and then make sure you have Paths selected as well.
253.gif

Step 2
Now start by drawing a simple curve. Do this by clicking on some point in the image, then clicking and holding in a different spot. While holding the click, move the mouse some and you will see a curve start to form. Let go of the mouse button when you've got the curve you want.
254.gif

Step 3
Now you can click again and repeat the process to create another curve. You'll notice that this time the curve was automatic and followed the general direction of the previous curve. I bet you're wondering how you can change that.
255.gif

Step 4
Let's start over with the first curve. Click somewhere, then click again and drag. Once you get the curve you want, instead of letting go of the mouse button, this time hold down the alt button on your keyboard and move your mouse some. You can dictate which way the next curve will go by doing thi
256.gif

Step 5
With the line adjusted, this time when we click for the next point the curve will not be the same. The curve always follows this line we just adjusted -- the longer the line the more sharp the curve will be. The direction of the line indicates which way the curve will go.
257.gif

Step 6
You can also add points after your curve is created. If you hover over the existing path you will see the pen tool with + beside it. If you click the mouse you can add a point, and if you hold down alt you can see how adjusting the line affects curves.
258.gif

Step 7
If you hover over an existing point, you will see the pen tool with a - beside it. This means if you click it will delete the point you're on. I'll go ahead and delete the anchor point we added in the last step.
259.gif

Step 8
Now you may be wondering what to do with the path you've created. There are lots of options. To see them, right click anywhere in your image with the pen tool selected.
260.gif'

Step 9
Let's go through each of the options. Delete Path is obvious. It will delete the path you've just created. Define Custom Shape will take the shape you just created, turn it into a true vector, and add it to the pen tool's shape menu so you can use it whenever you like. Make Selection will turn your current path into a selection. This has a major advantage over the marquee tool: the pen tool can select partial pixels while the marquee tool selects only whole pixels. It does this by adding a transparency to existing pixels that are on the edge of your selection. This means your selections will be much smoother.

Step 10
Fill path will fill your path with the options you specify. This includes opacity, blending mode, and a few others. Stroke Path will allow you to choose what tool you want to stroke the path with, and then do so. Finally Free Transform Path will allow you to adjust the scale of your path. Right clicking again will give you even more options such as skew, distort and perspective

Step 11

Let's look closer at the Define Custom Shape option. First make some shape with the pen tool
263.gif

Step 12
Right click and select Define Custom Shape. It will ask you for a name, just call it whatever you like
264.gif

Step 13
Your shape is now saved. You can delete the path. To use your shape, select the Custom Shape Tool, then select your shape from the Shape drop down box.
265.gif

Step 14Now all you have to do is click and drag to re-create the shape any time. Holding down shift will create the shape at the original proportions. Making a shape is great for anything that might become repetitive, or for things that need to be scalable like logos.
266.gif

Step 15
Let's look at one more very useful function of the pen tool: cutting out images. This is better than using the lasso tool for many reasons. First of all it will select partial pixels as mentioned above. You also have the ability to adjust your path at any time. And moreover, once your image is traced you have the extra option of doing things like creating a shape from the object, or putting a stroke around it.

Step 16
Open up a picture you'd like to cut out and use the pen tool to trace around it. It doesn't have to be perfect because you can adjust it later. Some people even prefer to click on each point or junction and then go back and modify the curves later. Personally I tend to modify the curves as I go -- just do whatever you're more comfortable with. I'm an old-timer StarCraft fan so I'll use something from the game.
268.gif

Step 17
Now right click and choose Make Selection.
269.gif

Step 18
Now you can press ctrl-c (or edit>copy) to copy the selection to the clipboard. Create a new image and paste the selection with ctrl-v (or edit>paste). Now you can do whatever you want with the background layer and your image should look good because of the partial pixel selections. I used the horribly ugly rainbow gradient just to show you how the partial pixel selecting automatically blends the edges into the background no matter what color it is.
270.gif

Step 19

The pen tool admittedly takes more time than some other tools -- both to learn and to cut out images. However when it's quality that counts, it's the pen tool hands down. Learn it, live it, love it.

Step 20
Just for grins let's go back into the original image where you created the path. Click on the Paths palette (by default it is in between Layers and Channels). You will see the path you created. Click on it and it should appear again.
272.gif

Step 21
Now you can right click (with the pen tool selected, of course) and choose Define Custom Shape. Now I have my own Protoss shape to use whenever, and however I like -- even to create my own terrible protoss army, a silhouette of fear stalking in the night MWAHAHA!
273.gif

HOPE YOU LIKE IT
THIS IS A SIMPLE TUTORIAL

DAGDAG PA TYO NG TUTORIALS PARA SA INYO

ITS TIME PARA SUBUKAN NYU NA YUNG NEXT LEVEL..
MANGAPA NA ALNG KAYU PARA MATUTO KAYU NASAINYO NA KC KUNG PANU NYU PAPGANDAHIN YUNG IMAGE OR YUNG IEDIT NYU..

Add Dynamic Lighting to a Flat Photograph​
final.jpg

In this tutorial, I will show you how to spice up a fairly dull and flat photograph. It’s very easy and fast! Go from flat photo to a uniquely lit style.

For this tutorial, we’ll need two photos that I took.
original.jpg

cloud.jpg

Step 1
First of all, my apologies for this step. I waited for a good 20 minutes but that car didn’t move, so I had to take the photo with it!
Anyway, just use the Patch Tool (J) to remove the car and the Clone Stamp Tool (S) to recreate the pattern of the bricks where it used to be.
If you’ve never used the Patch Tool, there are a couple of ways to use it. First, make a selection as you would if you were using the Lasso Tool, then click inside the area and drag with your mouse. Depending on whether you are using Source or Destination as your checked option you will either move the image inside the selection, or move the whole selection around. The Patch Tool will blend-in the area you’ve chosen when you let go. You can also use patterns and transparency. All in all, it’s a great tool.
1.jpg

Step 2
Once the van has been removed, apply Filter > Render > Lighting Effects to make the light come from the top right.
2.jpg

Step 3
With the tool that you prefer, create a selection of the part that you want to hide. For example, I used the Pen Tool (P) to select the sky and the buildings around the castle. With the selection active, add a Layer Mask.
3.jpg

Step 4
Duplicate the background layer, desaturate it with Ctrl+Shift+U, apply Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur with 4-pixel Radius, and set the Blending Mode for the layer to Overlay.
4.jpg

Step 5
Now we need a photo with clouds and the rays of the sun coming from the right. I used this photo of mine that was perfect for this situation.
Send it to the back of the other layers.
Then duplicate it and set the copy layer Blending Mode to Lighter Color.
5.jpg

Step 6
Duplicate again the original background photo (Layer 1) and put the this new layer below the Layer 1 copy.
Set the Blending Mode to Multiply.
6.jpg

Step 7
Now turn off the visibility of the two castle layers, go to the Layer 1 copy, and merge the visible layers into a new layer with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E.
Then desaturate it with Ctrl+Shift+U, set the Blending Mode to Overlay, and the Opacity to 50%.
7.jpg

Step 8
Make a new layer on the top of the other.
With a large, white, soft brush that matches the size of the light of the sun, just make a round spot.
Then apply the Luce filter that you can download free or use the previous tutorial about Lighting Through Clouds here on Psdtuts+, to make this light coming through the clouds. Set the Blending Mode to Overlay.
This is an example with black background to demonstrate the effect.
8.jpg

Step 9
Just Burn the dark side of the castle and Dodge the light part of it with a large, soft brush. By doing this, we make it seem as if the light is coming from the clouds and hitting the right side of the castle, leaving the other side in darkness.
At this point we’re almost done, but the image is overall quite dark and our blur earlier has left it slightly too blurry, so we’ll fix that next.
finish.jpg

Step 10
To finish the image, create a new layer above the rest and go to Image > Apply Image, use the settings "Merged", "RGB" and "Normal" for blending. This will create a new layer above the rest holding a copy of the image. Set this layer to Screen and about 70% Opacity. Then go through each layer and apply Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask and use the settings Amount: 250% and Radius .2px (Use a larger radius for larger images). This should sharpen the image back up to give us a good final result.

final image
final.jpg

HOPE YOU LIKE A SIMPLE TUTORIAL :D

ETO PA DAGDAGAN ULIT NATIN NG ISA PANG TUTORIAL

THIS TIME NEXT LEVEL NA TYO​

Human Disintegration Effect​

In this tutorial we will create a powerful, and emotional human disintegration effect in Photoshop. Let’s get started!​

Tutorial Assets
The following assets were used during the production of this tutorial.
Character
Sky
Meteors
Light (Obsidian Dawn)
Splatters

Step 1
Let’s start by creating a new document in Adobe Photoshop. Choose the size of document you prefer, but try to keep it in a vertical shape, with a transparent background.
Step1.jpg

Step 2
Then, find a good stock image of a cloudy sky that you can use as a background. You can also do like I did by interweaving several pictures of clouds to create the background you prefer. Make sure that the clouds are "dark" enough for a final atmosphere that will fit with the other elements you will be adding to your creation.
Step2.jpg

Step 3
The next step is very important since you will have to choose the character that will be the main focus of your whole piece. To do this, go to websites like SXC, Fotolia, iStock, etc.., and choose a model that projects a strong emotion. Be sure to pick a character that really inspires you, as it will be the main focus of your creation and it will play a major role in your final outcome. Once you’ve selected it, cut out the character carefully by using the pen tool (P) and place it in the middle, slightly shifted downwards.
Step3.jpg

Step 4
Then, using the eraser tool (E) with the “Splatters” shape – which can be found in the tutorial assets – slightly erase the character’s legs.
Step4.jpg

Step 5
Now, if you are like me and like to change your character’s colors, take the lasso tool (L) and surround the selected areas from your character that you would like to modify. Afterwards, create a layer of fill or adjustment by clicking on the black and white circle situated in the layers tab. In the said tab you will be able to select the method that suits you best. I personally recommend changing the colors with a Gradient Map layer and a Selective Color layer. A tip: avoid fluorescent colors and choose those that resemble your background’s colors.
Step5.jpg

Step 6
Always with the “Splatters” shape, take your brush tool (B) and, on another layer, create shapes that go above, but also behind the model, as seen in the picture bellow. It is important to use the same colors and shades that you’ve used on your character to create the desired effect of disintegration.
Step6.jpg

Step 7
There are numerous ways to give a darker aspect to your character and create the impression that he is possessed. Personally, I usually prefer to draw intense red veins on his arms, neck and face, as well as slightly darkening the eyes and mouth with a small black brush adjusted to “Soft Light”.
Step7.jpg

NOTE: MUNG NAHIHIRAPAN KAYU GAWIN TONG STEP 7 SKIP NYU SA KUMP NA KAYO SA STEP ACTUALLY DI NAMN KELANGAN TO..

Step 8
Here, I decided to create a necklace that will later have a supernatural look, suggesting that the character is flying up due to the strength of the accessory. Everything is done with a small brush, by using a graphic tablet.
Step8.jpg

Step 9
Now this step will give the necklace a supernatural look. In order to achieve that, you will need to create "power waves" emitting from the necklace. On another layer, apply a white area on the necklace using a soft round brush, and then with a smaller soft round shape, erase the middle of that white area. When it’s done, “double click” on the layer to open the “Layer Style” box and enter the data as shown in the picture. Once you’ve done all that, duplicate the layer (Command/Ctrl + J) twice and make them bigger than the previous one. Remember, the more the wave is away from the necklace, the more it’s big and less opaque.
Step9.jpg

Step 10
To complete the work on the necklace, select the shapes titled “Light” available in the tutorial assets, select your brush (B), and on another layer create a white "light beam" effect coming out of the necklace.
Step10.jpg

Step 11
With the same brush shapes, create a white "light beam" effect coming out of the model’s torso, as shown in the image. This effect will give out the impression that your character is liberating some sort of supernatural strengths while disintegrating.
Step11.jpg

Step 12
Now that most of the work on the character is done, you will need to work a little bit more on the atmosphere. With the fill or adjustment layer, at the bottom of the layers tab, darken the colors and make them closer to those of your character. Again, there are several ways to do so, but I suggest the Gradient Map layer and the Selective Color layer.
Step12.jpg

Step 13
Afterwards, put some action in the scenery by adding meteors coming down from the top. You will find a pack of meteorites in the tutorial assets. Insert them one by one, making sure that their sizes vary and that their colors stick with the atmosphere.
Step13.jpg

Step 14
This next step will consist in using the blur tool on the meteorites to make them look either close or far. Those that will be situated at the same distance as your character will remain untouched. Basically, the more a meteorite is far from the model, the greater the blur.
Step14.jpg

Step 15
Now, take the Smudge tool with strength of 5 to 10% and apply it on each of the meteorites, using little movements from bottom to top, to give them a speed effect.
Step15.jpg

Step 16
To create a source of light coming from above of your character’s body, take a white brush tool (B) with the same “Light” shape used in Step 10 and 11. It is important that the rays coming from above are more intense than those coming from your character’s torso. You can also draw various small shapes that follow the same rays’ movements to make it look more magical.
Step16.jpg

Step 17
Once you’ve completed the previous step, return to your character to improve it. With the presence of the new light source from above of your character’s body, you must increase the light reflected on its torso and face area by using a soft round white brush adjusted to “Overlay” mode.
Step17.jpg

Step 18
Now, draw some light effects passing around your model’s body so he can be integrated better within the scenery and be surrounded by more power.
Step18.jpg

Step 19
You can always add more “Splatters” if you find that the model does not disintegrate the way you want it to.
Step19.jpg

Step 20
To finalize everything, you can return to the colors, contrast and even intensify the bright areas with the same techniques you’ve used before. Basically, this step consists in putting your last personal touch to your piece! When you feel that your piece is finished, use a sharpness filter, to ensure a better overall quality, by duplicating your final image and by going to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen.
Step19.jpg

oh finish na tayo hahah i hope you like this simple tutorial
etong tutorial na to ay natutunan ko lang din at iniimprove ko pa hahah...

thanks dito try ko lahat mga gawa mong tut
nga pala wala na kelangan i download ng tool?like brush?pede din ba dito ang portable?thanks keep it up sir

useful thread to TS gusto ko tlga matuto nto btw anong version yang ginagamit mo pkilagay na din po ung link pra madownload ko :pls: ...thanks po TS...

sir ds5 po yung gamit ko pero pero eto try mo po itong link na ito :D
I HOPE NAKATULONG AKO..
NOTE: sa mga walang full ver. ng Photoshop at sa mga gusto lang subukan, try nyo po etong portable version

Portable Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
http://www.mediafire.com/?tuq9atmuuurj0o3

Portable Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended (for Windows 7 users, credits to skylar21)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zncdnntny20
*Troubleshooting : pag ayaw gumana ang portable version

*for Windows 7 users:
locate Photoshop.exe, Right Click > Run as Administrator

credited to the original author master xzouls

thanks dito try ko lahat mga gawa mong tut
nga pala wala na kelangan i download ng tool?like brush?pede din ba dito ang portable?thanks keep it up sir

sir wala kana po idownload dyan nasa adobe photoshop na po lahat ng kelangan mo.. yup pde ito sa portable..
if gussto mo pa apong matuto kung panu mag edit punta ka na alang po dito sa thread ni master xzouls..ihope nakatulong ako
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=434334

Last edited:
Hindi na yan pang Bigginer... :punish:

hahah :lol: yup bonus lang po yan sir yung nasa taas lang po yung pang beginner.. mag update na alng po ako nxt time ng pag beginner na tutorials gagwa muna ako ng homework ko kelangan na kc bukas eh :D

KUNG GUSTO NYU PO POST PO KAYU DITO NG PAG BEGINNER NG TUTORIALS HEHEH WELCOME PO KAYU DITO

sir ds5 po yung gamit ko pero pero eto try mo po itong link na ito :D
I HOPE NAKATULONG AKO..
NOTE: sa mga walang full ver. ng Photoshop at sa mga gusto lang subukan, try nyo po etong portable version

Portable Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
http://www.mediafire.com/?tuq9atmuuurj0o3

Portable Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended (for Windows 7 users, credits to skylar21)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zncdnntny20
*Troubleshooting : pag ayaw gumana ang portable version

*for Windows 7 users:
locate Photoshop.exe, Right Click > Run as Administrator

credited to the original author master xzouls

sir wala kana po idownload dyan nasa adobe photoshop na po lahat ng kelangan mo.. yup pde ito sa portable..
if gussto mo pa apong matuto kung panu mag edit punta ka na alang po dito sa thread ni master xzouls..ihope nakatulong ako
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=434334
nadownload load ko na po ung portable(for win7) try ko po itong explore..:thanks::thanks::thanks: TS..astig mo..

nadownload load ko na po ung portable(for win7) try ko po itong explore..:thanks::thanks::thanks: TS..astig mo..

WALANG ANUMAN.. :yipee:

CREDITED PO ITO SA ORIGINAL OTOR KAY MASTER XZOULS :dance:

BASIC ULET TAYO MGA PAPZ

TIPS AND TRICKS USING PENTOOL

DITO SA ITUTURO KO MAKIKITA NATIN ANG ISA SA MGA GINAGAMIT NA TOOL SA PHOTOSHOP SO LETS START :excited:

In this tutorial, we are going to use the pen tool and alpha channels to create the 3D-looking heart above. This tutorial assumes only minimal knowledge and you should be able to work through it even if you are a beginner in the use of Photoshop. Through this tutorial you will learn and practice the following:

* Using the freeform pen tool.
* Making a simple texture.
* Using alpha channels to hold a selection.
* Using alpha channels to render a texture using lighting effects.
* Transforming a selection.

1. File -> New. Be sure you are in RGB mode. The size of your file doesn't matter, but i made mine 600px by 600px. Now to make your Texture Channel, which will be a blurred and trimmed heart.

a. To make a new channel, click on the Channels Palette and then click the New Channel icon at the bottom. (See at right.)
pentools13.gif

pentools14.gif

b. Using the Freeform Pen tool, draw a heart and use the control points and anchor points to adjust it till you are happy with its proportions and lines. (If you find this difficult, you may wish to work through "Heart 2" first.)

Choose a name for your file and File -> Save As ..

c. Now you are going to fill your heart with joy and laughter. .. Well actually, you will be filling it with white. Be sure that you have white for the top color on your color picker squares. Click the paths palette and then down at the bottom of that palette, click on the Fill Path icon.

d. You are done with this path so while you are in the paths palette, drag the path to the trash can there at the bottom. :)
pentools25.gif

e. Return to the channels palette. Duplicate this Alpha Channel you just made by dragging it to the new channel icon at the bottom of the palette.

f. With Alpha Channel 2 selected, double click it and name it "Texture".

Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur. (I used a setting of 20 pixels.)
pentools26.jpg

Ctrl-S to Save.

g. Ctrl-click on Alpha 1 while you still have the Texture channel selected. This sends marching ants around through the blur of the Texture channel.
pentools27.jpg

h. Select -> Inverse -> and hit the Delete key. Ctrl-D to Deselect. Now your texture channel is trimmed so that it looks rather like a heart-shaped fluorescent light bulb.
pentools28.jpg

Ctrl-S to Save.

2. Next we will render the Texture Channel onto a layer of red using lighting effects.

a. Click Layers to go to the Layers palette. Click the New Layer icon at the bottom and then click the new layer to select it.
pentools29.jpg

b. Choose a color and then alt-backspace to fill your layer with it.

c. Now this part is cool. Filter -> Render -> Lighting effects. In theSettings for my Lighting Effects. Experiment with different lights and settings. dialog box at the bottom it says Texture Channel. Choose your Texture Channel from the drop-down box . Then shine the light around from different directions. Experiment with different settings for mountainous and for materials, etc. Have some fun here. Once you find a setting you like, click OK.
pentools19.jpg

File -> Save.

d. Notice the contour lines that appear in the first heart to the right. This is from the effects of the Gaussian blurring in the texture channel, but i don't like them. To get rid of them, Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur just till they go away.
pentools30.jpg

e. Trim the heart. Click on the channels palette and Ctrl-click the Alpha 1 channel. Select -> Inverse -> Delete. Ctrl-D to Deselect. Gloat for a moment about how cool this is.

3. We could leave the heart as it is, since it is pretty cool already, but I'm going to make a gold rim around the outside of it. We'll make an Alpha channel with the rim's shape and another with a texture and then make a 3D effect as we did with the heart.
pentools31.gif

a. Return to the Channels palette. Ctrl-click on the Alpha 1 channel in the channels palette to activate marching ants.

b. Enlarge the selection. Select -> Modify -> Expand ... about 10 pixels. Now we have a larger heart shape selected. The problem is that we just want the border. Look at the picture and see if you can figure out how to get just the border to be selected as i have to the right.

c. Need a hint? Ok, you are subtracting the center part from the selection.

(Hold Alt as you select the center part to subtract it. How can you best select the center part? I like the magic wand for this, since you are dealing with an all-white shape, so what i did was to choose the magic wand, then hold Alt as i clicked the white heart shape.)

Tip: To ADD to a selection, hold Shift and select the next part. To SUBTRACT from a selection, hold Alt as you select the next part.
Digression:

Subtracting from (or adding to) selections is a good way to get a really complex selection, or even something simple like a crescent moon. Big circle - intersecting BIGGER circle = crescent!
subtsel.gif

Ok.. back to the heart!

d. Now that you have the part that is between the marching ants paths selected, let's make this selection into a channel of its own.

e. In the Channels palette, click the new channel icon to make a new channel. You should have marching ants running around in the shape of the border that you are going to have around your heart.

f. Your foreground color should be white. Alt-backspace to fill the heart border with white in your Alpha channel. Double-click the channel in the palette and name it "Border."
pentoolsjanee32.gif

g. Try to do this step without looking up to the previous steps. Duplicate the channel. Now you could blur it as you did with the heart above, then trim it as you did above, but I am going to do the border a little differently.

h. With the white border still selected, Filter -> Noise -> Add Noise. Choose an amount of noise and then Filter -> Brush Strokes -> Angled Strokes. (You can do ANY sort of texture you want to. Sky is the limit!) Name your textured border channel "Border Texture." Ctrl-D to Deselect.
pentools33.jpg

4. Now let's make this border into gold!

a. Return to the layers palette and make a new layer by clicking the new layer icon. Fill this layer with a medium tan color (In the # field of your color picker, type in BEAD90 for the exact patented myjanee gold color that i used for this gold rim.)

b. Filter -> Render -> Lighting Effects and use similar settings as before to render your border.

c. Trim this gold heart as follows: Return to the Channels palette and Ctrl-click the Alpha channel with the plain rim. Return now to the Layers palette and click on the gold layer in the palette to activate it.

Select -> Inverse -> Delete to trim your border. Ctrl-D to deselect.
d. Call someone in to show them how cool this is. Then Ctrl-S to Save.
gold border on the heart
5. Add some layer effects. Since you have the border and the heart in two separate layers, you can do different things to the layers. Also, you have the Alpha channels for both of them, so you can use these to your advantage too.

I added a layer below the heart where i made the red glow. I added another layer above the heart where i did some additional shading with black, red, and white. I trimmed the excess using the selection from Alpha 1.

6. When you decide that you want to save this file as a jpeg, first ctrl-s to save all your layers and channels intact in your .psd file. Then choose File -> Save a Copy (In version 6, use File -> Save as.. or File -> Save for Web.) and then pick a new filename and format for your picture.

This will automatically merge the visible layers and toss out (for this file only) the channels. It doesn't alter your .psd file though, in case you want to go back and work with it more later!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you encounter any seemingly insurmountable obstacles, or if you find an error that i've made, i appreciate your letting me know. Thank you!
pentools34.jpg

7. For an extra-special touch, put your initials or your beloved's name in the heart. Here's how.

a. Click on the Type Tool, click on your heart, and then, in the box that comes up, choose a font and size and then type whatever you want. Click OK. (In version 6, the Type tool is a bit different. You need to make sure that you have the Text Layer button pushed at the left of the options palette and not the Text Mask button. More on the Type tool in v. 6)

Another example .. make a transparent heart!b. Layer -> Effects -> Bevel/Emboss. I chose Pillow Emboss with depth and blur each set at 3 for the example at the left.

c. For the example at the right, I made a text layer and then dragged it below the heart layers, but above the shadow layer. I made the red layer of the heart so its opacity was 60% by moving the slider in the layers palette. Then i made another layer above the text layer for the ink lines which i did with the paintbrush.
pentools35.jpg

AYAN TAPOS NA SANA NASUNDAN NYO YUNG BASIC NA TUTORIAL THANKS AND GOODLUCK

Familiarizing Yourself with the Photoshop Interface​

Welcome to the wonderful world of Photoshop. This tutorial covers the basics of how to use Photoshop to work with your digital images. The intent of this tutorial is to introduce you to the concepts at work in Photoshop; however, the best way to develop your skills is to experiment with the programs. This first page will point out some of the features of the Photoshop interface and define a few terms I'll use throughout the tutorial.

Open application

The first step, of course, is to open the application. In the IT lab, you can find Photoshop in the folder marked Adobe in the programs menu (from the start menu). It may also be located in a start menu folder called Graphics.

Once you have opened the application (after a few moments of loading time), the Photoshop interface will appear. There are many complex elements of the interface, and for reasons of both saving space in this tutorial and keeping things basic, I’ll only show you the toolbars and options panes you need to perform the most basic tasks in Photoshop. If you ever notice that some of these elements are missing, simply go to the window menu and select them.

Elements of the Interface
workspace.gif

Perhaps the most important element of the Photoshop interface is the toolbar. It contains a bunch of icons that represent the different tools Photoshop offers to alter and create images. These include tools for selecting specific areas of images, changing the colors of the image, stretching, transforming, and erasing parts of an image, and many more. To get an idea of what some of these tools can do, mouse over the icons and you’ll get an explanatory tool tip. I’ll explain some specific tools in the following sections of this tutorial.
toolbar.gif

Panes are also important features of the Photoshop interface. All sorts of information is displayed in these panes, and therefore they can get a little confusing. They display location information, tool options, and history, among other things. If you ever lose track of a specific pane (they tend to stack up), go to the windows menu and select that pane to view it. I’ll talk more about the specific panes later on in the tutorial.
panes.gif

Menus are probably the most familiar interface elements to a new Photoshop user. They contain all sorts of options, but since there are not as visible as panes or the toolbar, they are often only partially explored. I’ll take time right now to go over the menus and give a brief description to orient you to each.

* File contains all of the stuff you’d expect it to, with a few extras including Import, which deals with scanning, and Save for Web, which allows you to export a web-ready image from your Photoshop file.
* Edit is another familiar menu. In Photoshop, edit houses all of the expected options as well as Fill & Stroke, and other image-altering functions.
* Items on the Image menu effect a whole image, for the most part. Here you’ll find color adjustments, size adjustments, and any other changes you need to make globally when working with a Photoshop file.
* The layer menu is similar to the image menu, but it contains options that effect only current or selected layers. I’ll explain layers a little later, but for now, just understand that an image in Photoshop consists of stacked transparent layers; options in the Layer menu affect these pieces of the image rather than the complete image.
* The select menu deals with selections you make. Selecting the specific parts of an image you’d like to alter is a difficult part of working in Photoshop. This menu gives you some options regarding selections, including the ability to save selections, reverse them, or add to them. Learning the options on the selection menu can really save you some time.
* The filter menu is probably what most people think about when they think about Photoshop. The filter menu allows you to apply filters to any part of your image. These filters include ways to change the texture of the image, with some potentially radical results.
* The view menu is where you change the view settings. You can use this to show and display guidelines on the image, and to zoom in and out, among other things.
* The window menu allows you to toggle back and forth between hide and show for each interface element. This is the first place you should go if you lose track of a particular window while you’re working.
* Last and least, of course, is the help menu. The help documentation isn’t so helpful, but for some reason, this menu contains two nice features: resize image, and export transparent image, which I’ll get to later.

The options bar, which is located directly underneath the menus, is a useful tool when working with the different Photoshop tools. As you can see right now, when the selection tool is in use, the options bar reflects the changes that can be made to how that specific tool operates. Here, you have selection options, and style options, which includes the ability to make the selection tool a specific size in pixels. When you switch tools, to the paintbrush tool for instance, these options change. When a tool in Photoshop isn't behaving as you expect it to, the options bar should be the first place you look to fix it.
optionsbar.gif

Some definitions to get you started:

.psd: A .psd file is the file format in which Photoshop saves documents by default. It is a multi-layer document that retains its full editing options when saved. In many cases you will export webgraphics from a .psd document.

layers: Photoshop documents are composed of layers, which can basically be described as single transparent sheets which hold particular pieces of an image. These layers can contain images, text, and vector graphics, and can be rearranged and grouped according to user needs. Layers are controlled with the use of the Layers pane. Often times, when you find yourself frustrated with Photoshop, it is because you are trying to perform operations on a layer that is not currently selected. Simply click on the name of a layer in order to designate it as the current layer. Whenever you add text to an image in Photoshop, the text appears on a new layer. You can "merge down" layers to consolidate them, and "flatten image" to force the entire contents of the image onto one layer.

Selections: Selections refer to regions in an image that will be affected by the various tools. A selection in Photoshop is similar to a selection that you highlight in a wordprocessing application. Once you have selected an area, you can apply a tool to it, such as paintbrush, or perform an operation such as copy or crop. Selections can be any shape and size; the shape depends on which selection tool you are working with.

Your selection will apply only to the current layer. If that layer is empty in the region selected, you will get an error message. When this happens, go to the layers pane and select the correct layer.

Resolution: Resolution refers to the number of pixels in a full size image. An image with hi resolution contains more information than an image with lo resolution, and therefore, one can always convert a hi-res image to a lo-res image. However, because information is lost in the conversion, the reverse is not true. If you were to increase the resolution of a lo-res image, the result would be fuzzy.

Screen resolution is close to 72 pixels per inch, so if you are working with graphics to be viewed only on screen, 72 should be fine. Depending on the printer you are using, you would want to increase this above 72 for graphics that will be printed. 300 is usually an acceptable resolution for images to be printed; 150 would be the lowest acceptable resolution for printing.

Image Size: Resolution should not be confused with image size, which is also expressed in pixels. Image size deals with the actual number of pixels tall and wide an image is. For an idea of how the two differ, go to Image Size in the Image menu, and plug in different numbers for image size and resolution.

Color mode: Color mode refers to the types of colors you will be using in your image. CMYK and RGB are the most important of these modes to be familiar with.

* CMYK is the setting for images that will be printed to paper. The letters refer to the four channels of color used to create every color available: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black.
* RGB refers to the three channel colormode suitable for images to be viewed on the web: red , green, and blue.

Opening a File/Creating a New File

It is most likely that first time users of Photoshop will be starting with an image, say a photo that they need to alter or edit. In this case, you have two options:

First, you can open the image from the Photoshop file menu. It will be opened in the format it was saved in, so in order to work with it in photoshop (beyond just resizing or cropping), you'll need to save it as a .psd file (this will also ensure that you do not ruin your original image should you need to revert to it). In essence it will become a .psd file as soon as you add an additional layer, and will save as such when you save it.

Another method for getting an image into photoshop is to copy and paste it into a new file in the application. This is especially useful for saving and altering webgraphics or screenshots.
newdialog.gif

Once the image is copied to the clipboard, go to Photoshop and select new from the file menu. A new file dialog will appear asking you to name the file, choose the size, resolution, colormode, and background. The image size (in pixels) will automatically reflect the size of the image copied to the clipboard. Choose CMYK if this graphic is to be used in print, or RGB for the web. For background, choose transparent (this can always be changed later).

Now that we have an open photoshop document, we can begin to use some of the basic photoshop tools. The next chapter of this tutorial will outline these various tools.

I hope na bigyan ko kayu ng konting informations about photoshop update na alng ulit ako later medyo antok na ko eh
:rofl:

Using Tools from Photoshop's Toolbar

THIS TIME BIBIGYAN KO KAYO NG KONTING INFORMATIONS ABOUT SA MGA TOOLS SA PHOTOSHOP

Now it's time to learn how to use some of the tools in the Photoshop toolbar.

Marquee Selection tools: The following tools allow you to select regions in your image to alter, copy, move, and apply filters.

rectmarquee.gif
This is the default selection setting. You can make a selection of any rectangular size and shape.

eliiptical.gif
Elliptical marquee tool: This tool, available when you click and hold down on the selection tool region of the tool bar, selects elliptical spaces. To select a round area, hold the shift key while clicking and dragging.

row.gif
Single row: This tool will select a 1pixel region that is as wide as your image. Very useful for trimming edges and making straight lines.

column.gif
Single column: The tool will select a 1pixel region that is as tall as your image. Also very useful for trimming edges and making straight lines.

A Note on Selection Modes (in the options bar):
styles.gif

# Normal mode allows you to drag the cursor to create the selection size you want.
# Constrained aspect ratio allows you to choose a scalable rectangle, say with a width to height ratio of 1 to 2. The selection will grow when you drag, but will remain the same shape.
# Fixed Size/Fixed Aspect Ratio allows you to predetermine the size, in pixels or a ratio, of the selection you will make. When you click with fixed size selected, a selection box of the exact size you specified will automatically appear. With fixed aspect ratio, you can make different-sized selections of the same shape. This is a particularly helpful tool when cropping images to a certain size or drawing identical boxes.

movetool.gif
Move Tool
the move tool moves an entire layer at a time. When you have selected this tool, click on a layer in the layer pane, and then click and drag on the image. The current layer will move all at once. You can even move it outside of the current image size. Don't worry, though, parts of an image that move outside the borders still exist - they are just hidden. They will only be cropped out if you flatten the image.

Lasso tools
The lasso selection tools are similar to the marquee tools, except that the lasso tools give you ultimate freedom in terms of the shape of your selection. There are three different lasso tools:

lasso.gif
Lasso tool, which allows you to draw a selection by dragging the cursor freehand. The selection will close itself.
polygon.gif
Polygon Lasso tool, which creates a selection composed of straight lines that can be as short as one pixel. The selection grows with each additional click. This tool is especially useful for cutting out objects in an image to place on new backgrounds.
magneticpolygon.gif
Magnetic Polygon Lasso tool works a little like a combination of the other two lasso tool. As you drag, the selection maps to natural borders in the image. This is a useful tool when dealing with well-defined and high-contrast images.

A note about lasso tool options: When extracting part of an image from its background, the result will be choppy and rough around the edges unless you adjust the feather value in the options bar. This fades the edges you create and can smooth the region into its new background.

magicwand.gif

Magic Wand Tool
The magic wand tool is similar to the magnetic polygon lasso tool except that rather than dragging to make a selection, you click in a region and a selection appears around similar colored pixels. You can control how similar pixels must be to be included in the selection by altering the tolerance value.
This tool is useful for selecting monochromatic regions or pieces of high-contrast images.

Using the Image Menu

Most basic Photoshop tasks involve the Image menu, which I showed you earlier. In this chapter of the tutorial, I’ll go a little deeper into what you can do with the Image menu. I'm skipping around a little here; this represents the most commonly used items on the Image menu.
Mode
The first item on the Image menu is Mode. This is what you use to change the color mode and appearance on the entire image. I discussed RGB, the web mode, and CMYK, the print mode, earlier. You have some other choices here, including grayscale and duotone. Some modes’ availability depends on the pre-existing color mode.
mode.gif

Adjust
You can see that the adjust option on the Image menu gives you a lot of different tools for adjusting your image. The most basic types of adjustments you can make with Photoshop involve colors and brightness.

The most simple is the contrast/brightness adjustment. When you select contrast/brightness, you are confronted with a dialog box with a slider for both brightness and contrast. Moving the sliders to the left makes the picture more murky or darker, and moving the sliders to the right brightens and increases the contrast between the dark and light colors in the image. You can play around with both sliders until you get a suitable mix; the change is previewed in the image. This tool is helpful for brightening pictures that were taken in low light.

The other adjustments you can make with the options on the adjustments menu are a little more complex, and the best way to learn about them is just to experiment. Because Photoshop allows you to preview your adjustments, you can get a good feel for the adjustments without hurting your image.
brightness.gif

Image size
Another common basic feature of Photoshop that lives on the Image menu is image size. You use this function to resize an image, and it’s pretty straightforward. When you select image size from the Image menu, a dialog box appears with some numbers corresponding to the current size.

You'll notice that there are two sets of sizes, Pixel Dimensions and Document Size. Pixel Dimensions refers to the image's size on screen, and Document Size refers to the size at which the document will print.You'll notice that all the numbers change when you change one of them. This default setting preserves the original h/w ratio of your image when you make changes to it size. If you want to change only one dimension of the image, uncheck the "constrain proportions" checkbox at the bottom of the dialog.

Notice that in the Documents size settings, you have the option to change the resolution (remember, things images will always be approximately 72 pixels/inch on screen). You can use this to change the resolution of your image, but remember, if you don't want the quality to decrease, you should only go from hi-res to low-res.
imagesize.gif

Canvas Size
Canvas Size is similar to Image Size, but changes to an image's canvas size can provide you with more working area for your image, in case you want to annotate it, copy more images into it, or perform. any number of other graphic variations.
canvassize.gif

Crop
The Crop function in the image menu is fairly straightforward. Make a selection, go to Image and select crop, and then everyting outside your selection disappears. The image size reflects the change.

Creating Graphics in PhotoshopAn advantage of Photoshop over basic photo editing software is the capabilities it gives you to create your own graphics. There's an exhaustive number of tools in Photoshop (and resources about them), so I'll just cover the basics.

Most of the functions these tools perform are based on your selection in an image. The effect or tool only operates within a selection.

Make a small selection and select the paintbrush tool. Move the mouse over your selection holding down the mouse button. You'll see that the image is only altered within the selection.

Colors and Graphics

Before I get to some of the main tools, I'll tell you a little about colors. The foreground color, which will be applied by tools like the paintbrush, is represented by the top square in the middle of the toolbar.
colorpicker.gif

Stroke & Fill

The most basic ways to apply colors to an image are to use Fill and Stroke, both available on the edit menu. Make a selection, and choose fill from the edit menu. A dialog will appear asking you to make some decisions about colors and transparency. Make your selections, and press OK to fill the selection with the chosen color. Stroke operates in much the same manner, though you are given the chance to determine the weight of the lines you create.

I HOPE NA BIGYAN KO KAYU NG KONTING INFO

Back
Top Bottom