Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Blasphemy of the POPES

Status
Not open for further replies.
wala na bang strong catholic dito para pag tanggol ang kanilang panig...

PAPACY is the perfect picture of the antichrist because he has political power and eclesiastical power that not even the president or kings have. see Revelation

;) you know what mga sir..im a catholic..pero i know na dapat si God lang ang winoworship natin..at wala nang iba pa man. (e.g. SAINTS, MARTYRS and whatsoever na mga feelers jan)

common sense naman sana..nakakaawa po ang mga tao diba?

wow !my Roman Catholic na nakakaintindi na dapat si God lang ang winoworship,di tulad ng iba na madami, madaming bagahe,madaming dios

Catholics believe that Jesus
commissioned St. Peter as the
first leader of the Church.
Matthew’s Gospel has the most direct biblical
indication of the papacy: “And I tell you, you are
Peter [meaning literally “Rock”], and on this rock
I will build my church…. I will give you the keys
of the kingdom of heaven” (Mt 16:18-19). Based
on this statement of Jesus himself, Peter is clearly
portrayed in the New Testament as the leader of
the disciples. A pope can make infallible, binding
pronouncements under certain conditions.
Infallibility doesn’t mean that absolutely everything
a pope says is free from error. All Christians
believe that God protected Holy Scripture from
error by means of inspiration, even though sinful,
fallible men wrote it. We Catholics also believe
that God the Holy Spirit protects His Church and
its head from error (Jn 14:16) by means of infallibility,
even though sinful, imperfect men are
involved in it.

kung marami pa kayo gusto malaman download nyo nalang dito

www.2heartsnetwork.org/P9_TopTen.pdf‎

salamat,:buddy:

Catholics believe that Jesus
commissioned St. Peter as the
first leader of the Church.
Matthew’s Gospel has the most direct biblical
indication of the papacy: “And I tell you, you are
Peter [meaning literally “Rock”], and on this rock
I will build my church…. I will give you the keys
of the kingdom of heaven” (Mt 16:18-19). Based
on this statement of Jesus himself, Peter is clearly
portrayed in the New Testament as the leader of
the disciples. A pope can make infallible, binding
pronouncements under certain conditions.
Infallibility doesn’t mean that absolutely everything
a pope says is free from error. All Christians
believe that God protected Holy Scripture from
error by means of inspiration, even though sinful,
fallible men wrote it. We Catholics also believe
that God the Holy Spirit protects His Church and
its head from error (Jn 14:16) by means of infallibility,
even though sinful, imperfect men are
involved in it.

kung marami pa kayo gusto malaman download nyo nalang dito

www.2heartsnetwork.org/P9_TopTen.pdf‎

salamat,:buddy:

hindi mo binabasa ang mga unang post ko.....
ni hindi mo man lng pinansin.... tsk..
na banggit ko nayan ahhh... hindi mo nauunawaan ang Bible(THE WORD OF GOD).. John 1:1, john 14:1
... if you dont understand Him.. then your God is different from our(faithful christians/bride of christ) God that He in the beggining He will thesame forever..
......... ang may tainga ay makinig at makakaunawa at ang may mata ay makakakita ng Katotohanan....... wag tayong BULAG

THE EXPLAINATION: ACCORDING TO THE FIRST CENTURY JEWISH WAY OF UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPURES………vjmm
Matthew 16:13-20
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

---in this account Jesus and his Disciple is on the foot of Mt. Hermon:
Location : coasts of Caesarea Philippi: It lay at the foot of Mount Lebanon, near the sources of the Jordan, in the territory of Dan, and at the northeast extremity of Palestine. It was originally called Panium (from a cavern in its neighborhood dedicated to the god Pan) and Paneas. Philip, the tetrarch, the only good son of Herod the Great, in whose dominions Paneas lay, having beautified and enlarged it, changed its name to Caesarea, in honor of the Roman emperor, and added Philippi after his own name, to distinguish it from the other Caesarea (Act_10:1) on the northeast coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
--the picture of this foot of mount Lebanon(hermon) near the Source of the Jordan River, in the ground there, theres so many small rocks(petros) in those times.. but that mountain HERMON is the big Rock(Petras)..
--in history that’s the same mountain(hermon) that the sons of God descended from heaven and took human woman as their wives.. the nephilym in greek account.(Genesis6)

Two goddess:
1. Also on that mountain man worship the pagan god named PAN a half man and goat,..
PAN- a goddess disguise as a man to be worship
2. And in Caesar’s time..
CAESAR- a man disguise a god to be worship, but later on DIED

JESUS:
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

---jesus clearly said “and you Peter(petros/small rock like in the side of river) is a petros from the Big Rock(jesus 1cor10)(petras), and in this Petras (the big Rock) I will build my church; that is different from the goddess pan and the goddess name Caesar, and the gates of Hell(hades)(note that hades in Hebrew is called sheol=a place for departed spirit, of the dead) shall not prevail against it, means I never die like Caesar, and perishes like the goddess Pan”
JESUS= is not a disguise one, he is a truly MAN and a truly DEVINE(God)

--who has the keys of heaven?
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

--Jesus has the key of hades, and also key of David, metaphor for the key of Heaven the kingdom of the King..

BINDING AND LOOSING:
--the perfect picture of binding and loosing is in Acts 15.. this the action of church which is based to the will of God, and his commandments..
In Acts 15, Peter is not the one who presided the church Council it is YAAKOV(JAMES)
See Acts 15
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
--Peter in Jesus account in Matthew 16 is a corporate solidarity, means a one person who is representing a vast number of persons,. It is YOU and ME, who is a PETROS a small rock that came from JESUS the PETRAS(big rock), the Body of Christ(1pet 2:5)
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

PETER IS NOT THE POPE:
---because peter account is not for the Gentiles(ROMANS AND GREEK), he is called by God with the other apostles to witness to Jews not for the Gentiles .. read acts of the apostles and his writings..
--how come that the book of Romans wrote by paul? It prove that he is not the apostle who claim by the pope to be his heir.. hmm?
--and even he is a pope(peter) he is not perfect as pope claim to be perfect and no sin,..
In GALATIANS 2:11-21, Paul rebuke Peter for his hypocrite Act,, WHAT? PAUL REBUKE THE POPE? It is absurd..

FALSE AND DEMONIC TEACHINGS BY POPES:
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

---it is clear that the man who has a seducing spirit and follow the doctrine of evil, is the one who are teaching to FOBIDD MARRIAGE AND ABSTAINING FROM MEET..
---see those people,, are of the Devil.. please breathren hearken unto me.. please..

= but PETER THE APOSTLE HAD A WIFE:
1Co 9:5 Have we no right to lead about a wife that is a believer, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas(PETER)?—see that peter has a wife..

THE VICAR OF CHRIST:

=in Vatican the Pope has a title the “Vicarus Cristus” which means the representation of Jesus on our time..
--but the THE BIBLE TOUGHT US ABOUT THE ANTI-CHRIST WHO IS COMING AND TO DECEIVE EVEN THE ELECT(Mt24,1@2 thess,1 john),.

The word anti Christ does not only or primarily means “against christ”, although that’s true
But for Jews, the Word Anti-Christ is “someone putting himself in place of Jesus Christ”.

=the Word Vicarus cristus is a latin word, but if we put to a greek word you can clearly get the word “Anti-Christ”.. if the pope claim it and said “I AM THE VICARUS CRISTUS” which we translate “I AM THE ANTI-CHRIST”

--THEY USE JOHN 14:16
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,

--but they never read this?
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.

Act 1:4 and, being assembled together with them, he charged them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, said he, ye heard from me:
Act 1:5 For John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
AND IN THE DAY OF PENTECOST:
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

= the Holy Spirit is the TRUE VICAR OF CHRIST

CONCLUSION: that’s the truth, I love the catholic people but I do not love Catholicism, that I may able to share to you the truth concerning TO the truthfulness of The Word of God(jhn1:1,1:14,14:6),. Jesus is The Word Of God That Became flesh,.. if you don’t obey him you don’t love him.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.
Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

--BUT IF YOU DON’T LISTEN HERE IT IS:
1Co 16:22 If any man loveth not the Lord, let him be anathema(CURSED). Maranatha.
AND ALSO GOD WILL SEND TO YOU HIS JUDGEMENT FOR NOT SEEING,HEARING AND PERCIEVING HIS WORD AND DELIVER YOU TO THE DEVIL..

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God sendeth them a working of error, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 that they all might be judged who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2Th 2:11 At dahil dito'y ipinadadala sa kanila ng Dios ang paggawa ng kamalian, upang magsipaniwala sila sa kasinungalingan:
2Th 2:12 Upang mangahatulan silang lahat na hindi nagsisampalataya sa katotohanan, kundi nangalugod sa kalikuan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------shalom my brother and sister in Christ..

i am a catholic...but i agree
theres a lot of loopholes and deciept
if only we can all open our minds and look closely on what the bible says...
im sad that we have been misled for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

i am a catholic..but i see the deciept of the church and its leaders...
yes its based mainly on bible,but i also see how they try to bend the truth
that is in the bible just to justify the wrong traditions and their man-made laws that contradicts the word of GOD
mainly the 10 commandments...Idolatry is one clear example of that...
they try to reason out that VENERATION of the images is different from worshipping it...
yes we love,honor and remember mama mary as the mother of Jesus Christ and we remember her as the most blessed among women....but praying to her or to any saints for petition absolutely falls on this category.
how can we say,that we dont worship or pray to them,when we pray to their statue we even kneel down..
God wanted a personal relationship with us...we dont need to direct our prayers to saints...walang palakasan kay God..hindi natin kelangan dumaan sa saints para ibulong nila ang dasal natin sa Diyos dahil nasa heaven na cla...

only God can forgive our sins...so asking the priest to forgive our sins during confession is another thing i think is not right..
we should ask God's forgiveness.

and the most important thing that any religion should teach the people is the truth about SALVATION tru Jesus Christ.
because Jesus Christ is our only way to the father.

i pray that we dont discriminate or judge each other,instead we should try to share the TRUTH to all our brothers and sisters,that their eyes and heart may also be opened
so they may see the truth.

it is not our religion nor priests nor pastors or any leaders that can save us..our SALVATION lies with our personal relationship with God.
we should ask for forgiveness and repent of our wicked ways and have faith on Jesus as the only son of God who suffered and died for our sins
so that we may be forgiven and SAVED...

ang pope pa nga daw ang Vicar of Christ o diba kalokohan talaga

Meron black pope kung tawagin so mahirap maging pope. Mahirap maging pare, pope pa kaya? Sabi nga po sa akin, mas malaki kasalanan ang mga tao pumapasok sa ganyan dahil kinakailangan sumunod po talaga sa law ng simbahan po at gawin po talaga ang obligasyon as in sapagkat sila po tinitingala ng tao po. Mas malaki ang kasalanan raw ng mga ganun tao po kaysa ordinaryo tao. Meron nga po ako kakilala na gusto magpare pero nagbago isip. Nag-asawa na lang po siya dahil baka magkasala pa po siya kapag pumasok siya sa pagkapare.

wala na bang strong catholic dito para pag tanggol ang kanilang panig...

Hinde naman po sa sinisiraan ang mga pope sapagkat meron black pope talaga sa Catholic mismo. Yung mama ko po is religious Catholic po siya, kahit black pope is alam niya na nag-eexist po talaga siya. Wala naman po perfect pope dahil nobody's perfect. Human being pa rin po siya na nagkakamali at nagkakasala po so hinde siya exceptional sa human world po.

how do you define antichrist?

how you so sure na hindi ang hindu,muslim,taoism,judaism,budhist,ADD,SDA,INC,JW,....... etc?

Ang ibig po sabihin ng anti-Christ is anti-God po. Yung Christ ay hinde apilyido. Ang ibig po sabihin ng Christ is God kaya kapag sinabi na Jesus Christ ay ibig po sabihin is Jesus The God which means God is Jesus kaya Jesus Christ. Hinde po siya surname po kaya nga nagalit po ang mga Jews kay Jesus dahil bakit daw po sinasabi ni Jesus na siya raw ang God po so therefore, yun po ang definition ng anti-Christ po. Hinde po definition ang anti-Christ na anti-Christian po kung kaya po wala kilalaman po ang mga Hinduism, Buddhism at ang iba po non-Christian.

Yung pope po is naging anti-Christ po siya is hinde dahil naging anti-Christian po sila. Naging anti-God sila sapagkat hinde sila po sumunod sa law of God within Catholic premises po.

Yung God ng other religions is iba naman po ang law of God nila po dahil hinde naman po sila sakop sa Christian denomination po. Mga non-Christian po sila.

Yun po.

Last edited:
i am a catholic...but i agree
theres a lot of loopholes and deciept

- - - Updated - - -

i am a catholic..but i see the deciept of the church and its leaders...
yes its based mainly on bible,but i also see how they try to bend the truth
that is in the bible just to justify the wrong traditions and their man-made laws that contradicts the word of GOD
mainly the 10 commandments...Idolatry is one clear example of that...
they try to reason out that VENERATION of the images is different from worshipping it...
yes we love,honor and remember mama mary as the mother of Jesus Christ and we remember her as the most blessed among women....but praying to her or to any saints for petition absolutely falls on this category.
how can we say,that we dont worship or pray to them,when we pray to their statue we even kneel down..
God wanted a personal relationship with us...we dont need to direct our prayers to saints...walang palakasan kay God..hindi natin kelangan dumaan sa saints para ibulong nila ang dasal natin sa Diyos dahil nasa heaven na cla...

only God can forgive our sins...so asking the priest to forgive our sins during confession is another thing i think is not right..

and the most important thing that any religion should teach the people is the truth about SALVATION tru Jesus Christ.

i pray that we dont discriminate or judge each other,instead we should try to share the TRUTH to all our brothers and sisters,that their eyes and heart may also be opened
so they may see the truth.

it is not our religion nor priests nor pastors or any leaders that can save us..our SALVATION lies with our personal relationship with God.
we should ask for forgiveness and repent of our wicked ways and have faith on Jesus as the only son of God who suffered and died for our sins
ans..
If your you are not an openminded specially in the teachings of the church (Catholic church) you will end up as a protestant of the church, so
you must search & read the official teaching of the church in the book of catechism of the catholic church, even you always admit that you are a catholic,
still you are protested the church. Maybe you are a catholic who go to church if there were an occasion such like baptism, wedding, funeral, etc..
but in your post, I felt that your not catholic, you are wearing the cloth of sheep but truly you are wolves..

you said..

ans.....

you are quoting the bible, if you are misled by the catholic church, then why reading your bible? the bible is the product and effort of the catholic church,
she is the one who called it Bible, she the one who put it chapters and verses, she the one who translated it to different languages.
Then why are you believing the Bible, if your are thinking that the church deceived you?

you said..
yes its based mainly on bible
ans..
Can you give chapter and verse that said we will base only to the bible? what is the pillar of truth? chapter & verses please..

you said..
i also see how they try to bend the truth
mainly the 10 commandments

the traditions of the church is not the man-made traditions, it is the tradition from the apostles passed to its followers that passed..
Can you enumerate your accuses that contradict to the 10 commandments?

CCC
I. The Apostolic Tradition

75 "Christ the Lord, in whom the entire Revelation of the most high God is summed up, commanded the apostles to preach the Gospel, which had been promised beforehand by the prophets, and which he fulfilled in his own person and promulgated with his own lips. In preaching the Gospel, they were to communicate the gifts of God to all men. This Gospel was to be the source of all saving truth and moral discipline."32

In the apostolic preaching. . .

76 In keeping with the Lord's command, the Gospel was handed on in two ways:
- orally "by the apostles who handed on, by the spoken word of their preaching, by the example they gave, by the institutions they established, what they themselves had received - whether from the lips of Christ, from his way of life and his works, or whether they had learned it at the prompting of the Holy Spirit";33
- in writing "by those apostles and other men associated with the apostles who, under the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit, committed the message of salvation to writing".34

. . . continued in apostolic succession

77 "In order that the full and living Gospel might always be preserved in the Church the apostles left bishops as their successors. They gave them their own position of teaching authority."35 Indeed, "the apostolic preaching, which is expressed in a special way in the inspired books, was to be preserved in a continuous line of succession until the end of time."36

78 This living transmission, accomplished in the Holy Spirit, is called Tradition, since it is distinct from Sacred Scripture, though closely connected to it. Through Tradition, "the Church, in her doctrine, life and worship, perpetuates and transmits to every generation all that she herself is, all that she believes."37 "The sayings of the holy Fathers are a witness to the life-giving presence of this Tradition, showing how its riches are poured out in the practice and life of the Church, in her belief and her prayer."38

79 The Father's self-communication made through his Word in the Holy Spirit, remains present and active in the Church: "God, who spoke in the past, continues to converse with the Spouse of his beloved Son. and the Holy Spirit, through whom the living voice of the Gospel rings out in the Church - and through her in the world - leads believers to the full truth, and makes the Word of Christ dwell in them in all its richness."39

II. The Relationship Between Tradition and Sacred Scripture

One common source. . .

80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal."40 Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41

. . . two distinct modes of transmission

81 "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit."42

"and [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound and spread it abroad by their preaching."43

82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, "does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honoured with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence."44

Apostolic Tradition and ecclesial traditions

83 The Tradition here in question comes from the apostles and hands on what they received from Jesus' teaching and example and what they learned from the Holy Spirit. the first generation of Christians did not yet have a written New Testament, and the New Testament itself demonstrates the process of living Tradition.

Tradition is to be distinguished from the various theological, disciplinary, liturgical or devotional traditions, born in the local churches over time. These are the particular forms, adapted to different places and times, in which the great Tradition is expressed. In the light of Tradition, these traditions can be retained, modified or even abandoned under the guidance of the Church's Magisterium.

you said..
Idolatry is one clear example of that..
ans..
Can you enumerate the idols of the church? name it according to the bible..
CCC-teaching about idolatry
Idolatry

2112 The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, (of) silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them."42 God, however, is the "living God"43 who gives life and intervenes in history.

2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46

2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. the commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."47

you said..
all Catholics knew that image of Christ, Saints, Angels, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ is use to remember them always, (catholic knew that these are only a paper, wood, etc..)
and we respect/venerate these images because these are the images of all Holies in Heaven.. and they are our families/church and that's the reason why we felt pain to any person
who disrespect the sacred images.

ccc
IV. "You Shall Not Make For Yourself a Graven Image . . ."

2129 The divine injunction included the prohibition of every representation of God by the hand of man. Deuteronomy explains: "Since you saw no form on the day that the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, beware lest you act corruptly by making a graven image for yourselves, in the form of any figure...."66 It is the absolutely transcendent God who revealed himself to Israel. "He is the all," but at the same time "he is greater than all his works."67 He is "the author of beauty."68

2130 Nevertheless, already in the Old Testament, God ordained or permitted the making of images that pointed symbolically toward salvation by the incarnate Word: so it was with the bronze serpent, the ark of the covenant, and the cherubim.69

2131 Basing itself on the mystery of the incarnate Word, the seventh ecumenical council at Nicaea (787) justified against the iconoclasts the veneration of icons - of Christ, but also of the Mother of God, the angels, and all the saints. By becoming incarnate, the Son of God introduced a new "economy" of images.

2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it."70 The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

Religious worship is not directed to images in themselves, considered as mere things, but under their distinctive aspect as images leading us on to God incarnate. the movement toward the image does not terminate in it as image, but tends toward that whose image it is.71

you said..
but praying to her or to any saints for petition absolutely falls on this category.
ans.... when we ask Mary Mother of our Lord, we said "Pray for us".. it is just like you are asking your friends, pastors, mother, father to pray for you..
Mother Mary can ask our Lord and she will be granted of her Son, such like in the wedding of cana-the first miracle did by our Lord Jesus..

you said..
how can we say, that we dont worship or pray to them, when we pray to their statue we even kneel down..

ans....

simple, we are just praying and worship the True God in front of sacred images because God is present in that place.. and there's no teaching of the church to worship images.
like Joshua is not only kneeling but feel to the earth and he is not worshipping the arc of covenant (with statues of angels) but he worshipped God because God is present in that place..
Joshua 6:7 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell to the earth on his face before the ark of the LORD until the evening, he and the elders of Israel. And they put dust on their heads.
note: all catholics can pray anywhere without statues..

you said..

ans...

all catholics are not force to ask a prayer to saints, its up to them, all catholic can direct his/her prayer to God. Also, personal relationship to God is important and true catholic do that.

you said..

ans..

Yes, it is true that only God can forgive sin.., but through our Lord Jesus Christ, he extended His graces, and our Lord established a church not churches, if His church is not important
then why He built a church through Peter His apostle..

John 20:21-23 American Standard Version (ASV)

Jesus therefore said to them again, Peace be unto you: as the Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit: whosesoever sins ye forgive, they are forgiven unto them; whosesoever sins ye retain, they are retained.
https://www.bible.com/bible/12/JHN.20.21.ASV
ccc
Article 10
"I BELIEVE IN THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS"
976 The Apostle's Creed associates faith in the forgiveness of sins not only with faith in the Holy Spirit, but also with faith in the Church and in the communion of saints. It was when he gave the Holy Spirit to his apostles that the risen Christ conferred on them his own divine power to forgive sins: "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."518

(Part Two of the catechism will deal explicitly with the forgiveness of sins through Baptism, the sacrament of Penance, and the other sacraments, especially the Eucharist. Here it will suffice to suggest some basic facts briefly.)

you said..

ans..
Catholic Church is the one who first taught these to the people because it is the church founded by Lord Jesus Christ.. Matthew 16:18-19
you said..
i pray that we dont discriminate or judge each other,instead we should try to share the TRUTH to all our brothers and sisters,that their eyes and heart may also be opened so they may see the truth.
ans..
where we can find the foundation of truth?

you said..

ans..
the Grace of God will save us... repent and do no sin,, remember always that Lord Jesus established a church, and declared the church is His Body and He is the savior
of His body.. he also said, whoever eat my flesh and drink my blood will have eternal life..

Respect other religion. Elementary pa lang tinuturo na yan. Nang sa ganun, yung paniniwala mo sa relihiyon mo ay irespeto din ng iba. Ang dami daming problema sa mundo, kahit mismo sa bahay mo bakit nag spend kayo ng time upang batikusin ang paniniwala ng iba?? Kayo ba ay nakapag saing na at baka ma sermonan kayo ng mga magulang niyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom