Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Cherry Mobile W900 Review

mga boss, anu po maganda magnum hd or w900?? sa amin kasi 5999 ang price nila pareho. balak ko sanang bumili diz week. pls help me. tnx

in terms of specs: W900
in terms of possible ICS update: W900 because HD is quite old and it already went through it's Gingerbread update.
in terms of manufacturer: still W900 because it's from Korea while HD is from China though it's still a reputable brand.
in terms of decision: it's up to you.

So here's my second review of the Cherry Mobile W900.
Last August 16, this phone is one month with me.

So I'll not be tackling most of the external parts anymore(for example the camera).

Speaker: I was not able to say something about this last review. Any ways the speaker is good if your in a room with a quiet environment. On the other hand if your in a room or place with so many talkative people,chances are your will get your earphones for better sound.

Battery: I think when you attained the so called ideal charging and discharging pattern the battery life will boost up upto 2 days. My batter life now is reaching two days(most of the time its on stanby with occasioanl texts) and one day if with internet plus moderate texts.

Screen: The smoothness of the screen is still there with slight lag when battery is lowbat(I dont know why?) and when many apps are running.

Tired with the quite boring UI? Well, I tried GO Launcher EX and GO Locker and the result is nice. The essence of an ICS update is there when your using the two apps. Using so will not cause any lag to the phone but the it's smoother of course when your using the default UI. But using both of these consumes pretty large RAM of estimated 70 mb when combined. By also using these, you can maximaize the features and use of the phone such as the default horizontally scrolling menu, you can choose with different varieties of choices. Take note, this is free.

Speed: Still like the one when I first used it.

Memory: The internal memory is okay for me although some say it's small but for me it's okay. While my SD Card memory is nearly filling.

Games: A wide variety of games is available for this phone. Although expect some lags especially with graphics heavy games. What I dont understand is why Temple Run is more laggy than that of Agent Dash(Agent Dash for me has heavier graphics than Temple Run).

Internet: One word: FAST(depending on connection XD) both with Wi-Fi and 3G and even EDGE/GPRS.

Things that will make this phone even better and greater?
>Well, an ICS update is a must, but until now theres no word from Cherry Mobile,probably it will be early next year or on the second quarter.
>JELLY CASE: until now theres no jelly case here in our place. They kept on saying next month bla bla bla. But when I checked CM's page in Facebook, I saw some jelly case for W900. If you saw some jelly case for this phone, can ou just please post it here.

Problems:
So far nothing.
The problem I presumed(screen turning on/off) isn't really a problem. When this happen to you, just go to running apps and kill Facebook or Google Play. Or if this does not resolve that, try to do a Soft Reset(as I call it..hehe..) by turning off the phone and removing the battery for 5 mins. When you turn it on again it will most probably be still like it but it will go away later on. I also learned that if you experienced this problem and it went gone the possibility of returning the problem is high when you will restart or turn the phone on.

Price is I dont know because it's unstable right now.
What I'm looking is an ICS update.

That's it, just see you in the next review after 1 year for my First Year review.
:);):yipee::clap::excited::dance::lol::rofl::thumbsup::salute:

Help naman po sa mga expert dito, eto nangyari sa w900 ko
"unauthorized handset
please contact help desk. (6)"
Sa globe lang po ito, pero smart at sun okay naman sya.
Pag ganito po hindi ako nakakaseng ng text or tawag, tried factory reset na pero ganon pa din. Pero i can surf using may globe sim at my signal din sya. Ano kaya problem ng phone ko?
Thanks, sana po may makatulong...

china phone din yata yan? check nyo sa loveBarganing.com sk s150..!!! jan kc ung mga clone na phone gya ng iphone 4s,samsung s3..
tnong lng po ok naman po ba yan? kc gusto ko din yan!! kht na china phone pa! ganda kc ng spec,. nga pla 22o ba lhat ng spec nyan?
bili kc ako ng phone this week sna po my sumagot!! tnx....

panu ba malalaman kung rootedna yung w900

anu po ba pinag kaiba ng rooted nyan sa ndi rooted thx new lang kac ako sa mga phone

Balak ko rin bumili nito kaya lang doubt pa ko kasi gawa ng tunko installer.
May nakapagpagana naba ng vpn sa unit na to.

So here's my second review of the Cherry Mobile W900.
Last August 16, this phone is one month with me.

So I'll not be tackling most of the external parts anymore(for example the camera).

Speaker: I was not able to say something about this last review. Any ways the speaker is good if your in a room with a quiet environment. On the other hand if your in a room or place with so many talkative people,chances are your will get your earphones for better sound.

Battery: I think when you attained the so called ideal charging and discharging pattern the battery life will boost up upto 2 days. My batter life now is reaching two days(most of the time its on stanby with occasioanl texts) and one day if with internet plus moderate texts.

Screen: The smoothness of the screen is still there with slight lag when battery is lowbat(I dont know why?) and when many apps are running.

Tired with the quite boring UI? Well, I tried GO Launcher EX and GO Locker and the result is nice. The essence of an ICS update is there when your using the two apps. Using so will not cause any lag to the phone but the it's smoother of course when your using the default UI. But using both of these consumes pretty large RAM of estimated 70 mb when combined. By also using these, you can maximaize the features and use of the phone such as the default horizontally scrolling menu, you can choose with different varieties of choices. Take note, this is free.

Speed: Still like the one when I first used it.

Memory: The internal memory is okay for me although some say it's small but for me it's okay. While my SD Card memory is nearly filling.

Games: A wide variety of games is available for this phone. Although expect some lags especially with graphics heavy games. What I dont understand is why Temple Run is more laggy than that of Agent Dash(Agent Dash for me has heavier graphics than Temple Run).

Internet: One word: FAST(depending on connection XD) both with Wi-Fi and 3G and even EDGE/GPRS.

Things that will make this phone even better and greater?
>Well, an ICS update is a must, but until now theres no word from Cherry Mobile,probably it will be early next year or on the second quarter.
>JELLY CASE: until now theres no jelly case here in our place. They kept on saying next month bla bla bla. But when I checked CM's page in Facebook, I saw some jelly case for W900. If you saw some jelly case for this phone, can ou just please post it here.

Problems:
So far nothing.
The problem I presumed(screen turning on/off) isn't really a problem. When this happen to you, just go to running apps and kill Facebook or Google Play. Or if this does not resolve that, try to do a Soft Reset(as I call it..hehe..) by turning off the phone and removing the battery for 5 mins. When you turn it on again it will most probably be still like it but it will go away later on. I also learned that if you experienced this problem and it went gone the possibility of returning the problem is high when you will restart or turn the phone on.

Price is I dont know because it's unstable right now.
What I'm looking is an ICS update.

That's it, just see you in the next review after 1 year for my First Year review.
:);):yipee::clap::excited::dance::lol::rofl::thumbsup::salute:

sa sm north daw sa my annex dun sa customer service ng cherry mobile my jelly case na daw don sabe nung sa kiosk na pinag bililhan ko ng w900 ko eh kaso d pa ko nakakapunta eh aha :D kea d ako sure qng meron nga

sa sm north daw sa my annex dun sa customer service ng cherry mobile my jelly case na daw don sabe nung sa kiosk na pinag bililhan ko ng w900 ko eh kaso d pa ko nakakapunta eh aha :D kea d ako sure qng meron nga

ah ok..tnx..dito kasi samin wala pa rin hanggang ngayon kasi limited stocks lang dw..maybe bili nlng ako kung makapunta ako or yung pinsan ko sa manila this weekend..

matibay po ba ???? kasi nag tatanong ako sa mga kakilala ko . madali daw masira . kaya nalilito kung l3 or etong w900 . pahelp po please . kung meron kayo ilang months na ito sa inyo ?? wala pa bang sira ?

matibay po ba ???? kasi nag tatanong ako sa mga kakilala ko . madali daw masira . kaya nalilito kung l3 or etong w900 . pahelp po please . kung meron kayo ilang months na ito sa inyo ?? wala pa bang sira ?

hindi po madaling masira ung w900, sobrang bilis pa po sulit na sulit tlga lalo na pag naroot na :D

photo.php

in terms of spec: w900 is a sure win
in terms of original manufacturer: both of them are from Korea

i have mine now for more than a month.
its really fast. battery is not so big problem, just like other 4 inchers out there.

PS. This phone is Made in Korea. I saw it on an unboxing in Brazil.

Help guys, anu gagawin ko na soft brick ata phone ko. Painoopen ko yung phone ko, magbubukas sya kaso pag labas ng CM logo bigla na lang nagblack screen di man lang tumutuloy dun sa CM loading at boot animation. Sinubukan ko nang irestore yung nandroid backup ko kaso ganun pa rin. Anyone who can help???

Help guys, anu gagawin ko na soft brick ata phone ko. Painoopen ko yung phone ko, magbubukas sya kaso pag labas ng CM logo bigla na lang nagblack screen di man lang tumutuloy dun sa CM loading at boot animation. Sinubukan ko nang irestore yung nandroid backup ko kaso ganun pa rin. Anyone who can help???

Hinde kaya low batt lang?

Love my W900. Nung una, replacement phone lang siya sa nawala ko na Galaxy S2. I was planning to replace it after 2-3 months. I decided to keep it instead. No problems with performance - especially after I rooted it (and got rid of the CM apps). I ended up getting accessories for it. See pictures below...wag na lang pansinin yung baduy na design sa likod...wahaha! Will change to a solid colored white jelly case next week, kaya di na makikita yan. :p

cymera20121002220009.jpg

cymera20121002220121.jpg

cymera20121002220250.jpg

Saan ka nakabili ng jelly case? hirap na hirap akong maghanap nyan eh! kahit s store ng CM. Ska patulong pano buksan gprs

Back
Top Bottom