Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Crowdsourcing: Home Network Management for Gaming

gondeath

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Good Day to All:

I would like to ask for suggestions regarding a home network setup to use at home. I am using PLDT Home DSL 5 MBPS (FIBR not available in our area).
Internet Usage consists of mostly Gaming Youtube and Facebook. I would like to know how to prevent lagging whenever my family members are watching Youtube or Facebook Videos.

My current router is a New PLDT Prolink PRS1421B (i). Kakapalit lang niya today and currently I can't access root features like Traffic Shaping.

Nagresearch ako for the following options:

1. Use the PLDT Prolink PRS1421B traffic shaping (if maaccess ko na yung root). - Libre comes with the native PLDT router

2. Buy a Mikrotik RB941-2nD-TC Hap Lite SOHO Router haplite from Lazada. - I'm not sure lang if maconfigure ko to on my own and also not sure if I can bridge the PLDT router atm.

3. Setup PFSENSE on VMWARE - I'm wondering if I could setup PFSENSE on a VMWARE and use my OLD Prolink H400N router as Access Point and Switch. I would need to buy additional network card for my desktop if pwede tong option na to.

4. Buy a different router other than Mikrotik like CDRKING with Tomato Firmware or TP Link with QOS Management.

5. Use my OLD Prolink H400N router rather than the PRS1421B (i)

Please note that yung main goal ko lang po is hindi ko na awayin yung family members ko pag nagyoyoutube sila and stuff. They only use celphones for their wifi connection and bihira nila gamitin yung laptop.

Back
Top Bottom