Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Display Technology: What Makes Huawei P9 Look So Bright & Vivid

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
016639a35ce79b61df04dc50e201678b.jpg

Huawei P9 looks every bit premium. With a full HD 5.2-inch IPS display and a 2.5D glass, it sure is a feast for the eyes. But did you know with 96% color gamut, it is the world’s first smartphone to have a display that complies with the colour gamut system used in Hollywood movies?

Neatly sculpted thin bezels compliment the display. The 1080 X 1920 resolution has a pixel density of 423ppi which does a decent job. The display is bright and strikes a balance between indoors and outdoors. The bright spot, however, is its luminance. It offers 10% more luminance. Thus, the texts look crisper and the visuals, more colourful.

On the face of it, it is crisp, sharp and vibrant. And when you stick around it for longer time too, say, when you are binge-watching movies or you are on a gaming spree, it won’t disappoint you a bit. I tried my hands at some graphics-heavy games like Asphalt-Nitro for quite some time. The screen looked as clean as a pristine stream of water. I have played Temple Run in different handsets. But on P9, one amazing thing that I noticed was, no matter how fast I ran, the graphics were rolling out like gushing waves. So fast and so clean!

bedcaaa4282817de6758f29c407728df.jpg

I watched a movie online. I also watched some pretty old videos of the ‘40s. Colour reproduction is near-perfect and viewing angles are superb too. The screen is vivid and saturated with great contrast. Icons look sharp and free of any signs of pixelation.

Bonus: Colour Temperature

If you are moody, there is an exceptional option for you. Go to Settings > Display > Colour Temperature. Set the colour temperature of the display according to your wish or how it suits your eyes. You can have a cooler or a warmer display.

I know, a pixel density of 423ppi is not something that will impress you. But they say, beyond a particular level human eye is unable to spot any difference between resolutions. I don’t know what’s the density milestone for my eyes, but I find Huawei P9’s 423 ppi display pleasingly serving the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom