Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

E-book Readers and Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.
good day. would like to ask if there is converter from pdf to prc file. is it correct mobipocket reads prc?

pls help thanks

:hi: atoliit, mobipocket is actually a reader and a converter as well.. just open mobipocket in your pc, click import and choose PDF document from the drop down menu.

4360250550.jpg

if haven't installed it yet, CLICK HERE to download the installer for Windows. :santa:

sa mga s40 phones,

talagang yung mjbookmaker lang pwdeng gamitin right?

make your own Microsoft Reader (.LIT) files

Word 2000/XP/2003 Add-In: Read in Microsoft Reader 1.1.3

Brief Description

With this add-in, you can use Microsoft Word 2000/XP/2003 to create your own Microsoft Reader eBooks. Microsoft Reader makes on-screen reading more like reading a printed book, while adding active reading capabilities.

Overview

With the Word 2000/XP/2003 Add-in: Read in Microsoft Reader (RMR) 1.1.3, you can use Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word XP, or Microsoft Word 2003 to create your own Microsoft Reader eBooks. Microsoft Reader makes on-screen reading more like reading a printed book, while adding active reading capabilities, instant access to content, and storage of a personal library. You can use this add-in to convert new or existing Word documents, letting you benefit from the features and convenience of Microsoft Reader.

Note In order to receive the full functionality of the Read in Microsoft Reader add-in, it is recommended that you install Microsoft Reader. RMR 1.1.3 is an update that enables conversion support for Word 2003. To learn more about Microsoft Reader, visit the Microsoft Reader Web site.

Detailed System Requirements
The following is required to use the RMR 1.1 add-in:

* Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word XP or Microsoft Word 2003
* Pentium 75 or higher microprocessor
* Microsoft Windows XP, 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, NT version 4.0, or 98 operating system
* 16 megabytes (MB) RAM
* Approximately 1 MB of free hard disk space
* Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.01 with Service Pack 1 or later
* VGA or higher resolution monitor, and video card capable of displaying 16-bit or better colors
* Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows XP

* This download works with the following Office applications:

Word 2000
Word XP
Word 2003

Instructions

To install this download

1. Double-click the WordRMR.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
2. During the installation of the Read in Microsoft Reader add-in, you may be prompted to restart your computer. Be sure to do so. After the restart, the installation will continue.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

Instructions for use:

1. Start Microsoft Word. You will see a Microsoft Reader icon on the Word toolbar and a Readcommand on the File menu.
2. After opening a document in Word, use either the icon or the Read command to convert to Microsoft Reader format.

To remove this download:

1. On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. In the list of currently installed programs, select Read in Microsoft Reader and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
4. Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.

Attachments

• WordRMR.zip
    785.8 KB · Views: 70
make your own Microsoft Reader (.LIT) files

ReaderWorks Standard

Imagine building your own eBooks in your home, office or school -- quickly and easily! You can with OverDrive's ReaderWorks Standard 2.0 - the premier eBook authoring and conversion software package that enables you to convert Microsoft Word documents into Microsoft Reader eBooks. ReaderWorks Standard is the perfect tool for the casual user or educator. Best of all, it's absolutely free!

Features:

* Create Microsoft Reader® eBooks quickly and easily with built-in wizards that make adding content a snap!
* Customize your eBook with support for HTML, Word, text file formats and images.
* Input feature ensures content is formatted to your specifications with clean, easy navigation.
* Find answers fast with built-in help files and online support.

Technical Specifications:

* ReaderWorks 2.0 accepts Word Documents, HTML, OeB package files, Text (ASCII) and images (JPG, GIF, PNG).
* Converted eBooks can be read on any Windows-based PC, laptop or Pocket PC with Microsoft Reader installed.

download it here

Last edited:
REPLIGO (.rgo)

s602.0-ss.gif

RepliGo represents a breakthrough in document conversion technology and mobility. In a matter of seconds, virtually any document you have on your desktop PC can be converted to your phone while maintaining the document’s original look and feel. RepliGo also provides a reflowed text view for easy reading.

This includes Microsoft® Office documents, Adobe® PDF files, Web pages and hundreds of other formats. Once on your phone, documents can easily be viewed and shared with others using the supplied RepliGo Viewer. You can transfer the document using Bluetooth, infrared or email.

You no longer need multiple programs installed on your phone to view different types of documents. RepliGo is one application that handles any document that can be printed and is specially tuned and integrated into the conversion of Microsoft® Office documents and web pages viewed in Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater. Special conversion technology has also been developed specifically for PDF documents.

Click the link to download RepliGo

For Windows PC:
Install the TRIAL version and register with this serial number:
RAWME1P3-45678352

Documents you want to convert must be in Word or Excel or PDF formats. These are the recommended formats for easier conversion to the Repligo format. If you want to do some editing in the document, make sure you do it before converting to Repligo. Once the document is converted, you cannot do any editing on it anymore.

For Phones:
Choose the phone model you're using in the above link;
Download the .sis file to your PC;
Transfer to phone thru bluetooth or cable (PC suite) or infrared or card reader;
Open the .sis file for installation (just keep clicking yes);
Then you're ready to use repligo!

Books uploaded in this site are mostly .rgo format, which are readable thru repligo software/application;
Thus if you want to read the ebooks thru your phone,
just transfer the ebooks to your phone (again, either thru bluetooth, cable, infrared or card reader);
then use file manager (ie. fexplorer) to transfer the ebooks from inbox to E:\Documents.

:yipee:

AMBER LIT CONVERTER

abclit.gif

ABC Amber LIT Converter is an advanced utility which converts your LIT (Microsoft Reader) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly.
The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of LIT files at a time.

Download Amber Lit Now!!!

hindi po gumagana yung link for Nokia S60 :pray::help:

Hi guys, I'm quite a newbie here! Just wanna know if there's a pfd/txt reader for my n6300? I just got addicted to twilight & have an ebooks of it... I want to have it in my unit. Please help! thanks!

pa upload naman ng converter from pdf to rgo file

thanks

ndi ko po maopen ung file na .prc sa n81 ko...ano po b maganda gwin dun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I'm quite a newbie here! Just wanna know if there's a pfd/txt reader for my n6300? I just got addicted to twilight & have an ebooks of it... I want to have it in my unit. Please help! thanks!

I'm not so familiar with Nokia phones but I think your phone belongs to the Series 40 3rd Edition. You may check out the Nokia S40 Apps Section in the Mobile Zone.

ndi ko po maopen ung file na .prc sa n81 ko...ano po b maganda gwin dun?

Have you already installed Mobipocket Reader in your phone?

:hi: atoliit, mobipocket is actually a reader and a converter as well.. just open mobipocket in your pc, click import and choose PDF document from the drop down menu.

4360250550.jpg

if haven't installed it yet, CLICK HERE to download the installer for Windows. :santa:

bkit ndi nman gnito ung lumalabas pag nainstall na ung mobi pocket sa pc???
ndi ako makapagconvert..reader lang talga ung naiinstall wala converter....
:help::help::help::weep:

Last edited:
REPLIGO (.rgo)

s602.0-ss.gif

RepliGo represents a breakthrough in document conversion technology and mobility. In a matter of seconds, virtually any document you have on your desktop PC can be converted to your phone while maintaining the document’s original look and feel. RepliGo also provides a reflowed text view for easy reading.

This includes Microsoft® Office documents, Adobe® PDF files, Web pages and hundreds of other formats. Once on your phone, documents can easily be viewed and shared with others using the supplied RepliGo Viewer. You can transfer the document using Bluetooth, infrared or email.

You no longer need multiple programs installed on your phone to view different types of documents. RepliGo is one application that handles any document that can be printed and is specially tuned and integrated into the conversion of Microsoft® Office documents and web pages viewed in Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater. Special conversion technology has also been developed specifically for PDF documents.

Click the link to download RepliGo

For Windows PC:
Install the TRIAL version and register with this serial number:
RAWME1P3-45678352

Documents you want to convert must be in Word or Excel or PDF formats. These are the recommended formats for easier conversion to the Repligo format. If you want to do some editing in the document, make sure you do it before converting to Repligo. Once the document is converted, you cannot do any editing on it anymore.

For Phones:
Choose the phone model you're using in the above link;
Download the .sis file to your PC;
Transfer to phone thru bluetooth or cable (PC suite) or infrared or card reader;
Open the .sis file for installation (just keep clicking yes);
Then you're ready to use repligo!

Books uploaded in this site are mostly .rgo format, which are readable thru repligo software/application;
Thus if you want to read the ebooks thru your phone,
just transfer the ebooks to your phone (again, either thru bluetooth, cable, infrared or card reader);
then use file manager (ie. fexplorer) to transfer the ebooks from inbox to E:\Documents.

:yipee:

AMBER LIT CONVERTER

abclit.gif

ABC Amber LIT Converter is an advanced utility which converts your LIT (Microsoft Reader) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly.
The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of LIT files at a time.

Download Amber Lit Now!!!

pa upload ulit yun repligo converter oh... yun puwede sa windows vista... thanks

Hi!

Is there a program that I can use to convert files to html / pdf? for example: rgo to html/pdf, prc to html/pdf, pdb to html/pdf... so on and so forth... ;)

If there's an existing program :pray: where I can do it all, will be much better but if I need to download separate programs then it would still be appreciated...:)

thanks!

Last edited:
bkit ndi nman gnito ung lumalabas pag nainstall na ung mobi pocket sa pc???
ndi ako makapagconvert..reader lang talga ung naiinstall wala converter....
:help::help::help::weep:

Kindly post a screen shot of your installed mobipocket reader. Weird.. :think:

pa upload ulit yun repligo converter oh... yun puwede sa windows vista... thanks

wala bang e-book reader for s40 phones?

paki-check na lang po sa ating Nokia S40 Apps section.
Hi!

Is there a program that I can use to convert files to html / pdf? for example: rgo to html/pdf, prc to html/pdf, pdb to html/pdf... so on and so forth... ;)

If there's an existing program :pray: where I can do it all, will be much better but if I need to download separate programs then it would still be appreciated...:)

thanks!

Try mo po ang ABC Amber Palm Converter. Its site claims to convert .prc and .pdb to .pdf files. Pero never ko pa na-try. But for .rgo files, I don't any program na pwedeng mag convert nito sa pdf eh. :noidea:
ABC Amber Palm Converter is an utility which converts your PDB and PRC (Palm) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly.
ABC Amber Palm Converter

sir,magtatanong lang,..pweD po ba ans series 40 na phones magdownload ng reader na yan?
kung di pweD, um,... meron po ba compatible na reader para s aming fon?
tnx.....

pano po ba magconvert ng html to pdf

guyz madami kasi akong ebooks na html format.. gusto ko sana iconvert to pdf o kaya repligo.. sana may magreply dito.. pm nio ko o kaya tx ni ko 09075217940 or msg nio ko sa fs [email protected]

Re: pano po ba magconvert ng html to pdf

dami nga asar sa ganyang format. hirap gamitin tapos mabagal pa. sequential kaya mahirap mag-jump sa gusto mong page. eto nakuha ko lang sa ibang site. sana di ma-offend yung nagpost nito dun sa site na yun. he he. :)

Hope this helps

It's very easy in adobe acrobat 9. Here are the instructions:
Click on:
1) File > Create PDF > Merge Files into a Single PDF
2) Then drag in all the PDF files, html files, or any other supported file types that you would like to combine into a PDF file.
3) Reorganize the files, so they're in the proper order
4) If you used HTML files, you should remove the headers and footers, (which is the file name, and the title of each HTML page), by clicking:
Document > Header&Footer > Remove
5) You should also fix up the bookmarks, as Adobe creates a bookmark for each file, making a nice mess of bookmarks all over the place. Hit Control B , to open the bookmarks menu, and fix them up. You can use the delete key to speed things up.

also, you can convert to CHM if you prefer (for multi HTML files) .
It is free with Microsoft HTML help workshop installed with WinXP
(C:\program files\Html Help Workshop\hhw.exe )

when you click on it will guide you through.

Here is How I can do it (there might be other ways as well)

1- expand the ZIP into a generic folder like C:\html2chm\unzip\
2- click on File\New\Project (assuming HHW.exe is clicked already)
3- the project wizard wil appear
w1-> click forward
w2-> browse in a folder (ex: C:\html2chm\ ) and wite a project(file) name
w3-> select HTML files from the list and click next
w4-> browse into C:\html2chm\unzip and select ALL to ADD
w5-> click OK

now it will create the project... in the left pane see "Table of Contents" tab...
click on it and click OK ( creates a new TOC in the same folder )

then Add TOC content... by clickling the FOLDER symbol next to TOC Tab...

after you finish with TOC, click on the COMPILE icon on toolbar...
This is how I do it, I am sure there are other options...
(there are non-freeware software for much easier and effective ways...)
also note : CHMs created this way do not seem as cute as commercial ones ..

Re: pano po ba magconvert ng html to pdf

I use abc text to pdf...here it is

http://www.processtext.com/abctxt.html

its only a demo for 30 days but you can uninstall and reinstall again for another 30 days...

its pretty easy ..just click the html category then open the file and click pdf on the left side and save..

hope this helps:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom