Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[Full Review] myPhone T23 WiFi Duo

deathstriker15

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
THIS IS A FULL REVIEW OF myPhone T23 WiFi Duo​

T23.jpg

FEATURES
Type:
Dual SIM Full Touch Wifi Phone​
Data Connection:
GSM / EDGE / GPRS Class 12​
Frequency Range:
900/1800/1900MHz​
Display:
2.8" 240x320 QVGA full touch screen (soft touch resistive)​
Browser:
WAP 2.0​
Messaging:
SMS, MMS, EMS, Chat, Email​
Ringing Melody:
MP3, True Tones, MIDI, WAV​
Applications:
Java, Google search, MSN, Yahoo messenger, Gtalk, Opera mini, Facebook, Twitter, Games, World Clock, Health, Stopwatch, E-book reader​
Connectivity:
Bluetooth 2.0 / USB / 3.5mm jack / WiFi​
Imaging:
2 Mega pixels​
Phonebook:
1000 entries​
Card slot:
microSD (TransFlash) up to 8GB​

SPECIFICATIONS
Weight:
72g​
Dimensions:
104.8*56*12.9mm​
Talk/Standby Time:
5hrs/246hrs​
Battery:
Standard battery, Li-Ion 900 mAh​
Others:
MP3/MP4 player, Yamaha amplifier, Sound recorder, Stereo FM radio, WiFi​
Accessories:
Stereo Headset, USB Cable​

Note: Everything stated here is solely based on my own opinion. Pictures are not so clear since I used a really old digital camera with 3 mega-pixels.

EXTERIOR Structure and Design

The overall structure of the phone is very strong and classy. It comes with two colors, white and black. On front, the phone looks really shiny. The phone is built with 2.8" full resistive touch screen. Screen resolution is a standard QVGA (240x320), with pixel density of 145 ppi (pixels-per-inch). Images rendered through the screen looks very vibrant and sharp. Below the screen are three physical keys. On the left side you'll find the call key, on the opposite side is the reject key/power key/lockscreen key. On the center is the OK/WiFi key (long press while on home screen, takes you directly to the WiFi menu). The touch screen is very responsive, considering it's resistive.

The left and right side of the phone is covered with a shiny tin band which gives an appealing look to the phone. There are no physical keys embedded here.

On top, you will find a miro-usb port, which is use for charging and connecting your phone to your pc, and a 3.5mm jack for attaching speakers or earphones. On the bottom, is a mic, and a space for attaching accesories.​

p1010228m.jpg

By deathstriker15 at 2012-02-05

On the back side of the phone is where the camera and loud speakers are located. As usual, the Philippine map is still drawn on it's battery cover. Unlike the old version of myPhone T23, this one actually comes with six different designs of battery covers you can choose from.

EXTERIOR STRUCTURE RATING: 8.7/10 (very satisfying, strong and elegant look)

UNDER THE HOOD (Speed and Interface)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The phone is very fast, running with 3+ mega bytes of RAM. It is compatible with almost java games and apps. It crashes less often, and automatically restarts when it does. The phone couldn't handle massive multi-tasking, although you can minimize a running java app, and check for a message or something else, and resume it whenever you like. Anyways, for normal operation, the phone runs very smooth. The phone's interface doesn't look very convincing, with a very poor set of colors and graphics, it does not stand out very well. Grouping of settings and menus are not very well organized, although you can re-arrange them. The phone won't allow you to change themes, which means your stuck with it's default interface. There are widgets, you can put on the home screen, you can rearrange them according to your liking. But that's not all, as you can see swiping right or left, from home screen, gives you additional widgets. These are very limited, but they really look very attractive, and they are called shells. You can re-arrange, remove, but you can't add any other shells (it's not really that bad). The interface of these shells are very close to an iPhone, which is really outstanding. These are some pictures of these shells.

...a music player shell...which shows an album art...

...a music selection, which is part of the music player shell...cool right... :yipee:

...a picture viewer shell, (my apologies for such a blurry picture)

...the quick settings shell, here you can rearrange/remove the shells...

...a call history shell...

...favorite contacts shell...

...the message viewer shell, my favorite....

There is a custom menu shell, I forgot to take pictures of it, any way it looks the same as the main menu. So, those are it's interface. Let's go ahead and talk about it's features, after all, this is a featured phone.

UNDER THE HOOD RATING: 5.7/10 (not so good, considering the lack of customization)

FEATURES

First, lets talk about the common features people are expecting on a mobile phone. Messaging, calling, and camera features. The messaging on this phone is not that bad. It has two virtual keyboards, qwerty and the standard numeric keys. Typing is very responsive and does not lag. Calling, on this phone is very satisfying, it sounds very clear. You can directly call a contact by selecting on the phone book or on your favorite contacts shell. This phone also has a built-in answering machine, which is working properly. It is very useful when you are not available at a certain time, the phone could just record a message from the caller, and you can listen to it whenever you want. The camera is very bad when you are taking pictures in dark areas. Without proper lighting it's really not that clear. If you are taking pictures outside, the pictures would look terrific, but inside it looks like s**t. You can record VGA videos. The camera features different effects like night mode, sephia, and grayscale. The best feature of the phone, when it comes to picture taking, is it's built-in picture editor, it's called PHOTO ARTIST. You can access it directly after taking a picture, or you can go the main menu and access it through MULTIMEDIA.

...the DOODLE feature of PHOTO ARTIST...

...the menu of PHOTO ARTIST...

Now, lets talk about the other features of this phone. For music, this phone is really good with that. The sound quality it gives, both on loud speaker and earphones, is outstanding, better than any other phones. The music library groups all music according to artists, albums, and genres. You can also add a playlist if you want. The downside of this feature, is that it does not detect new music downloads, you still need to manually refresh the library if you are adding songs to your phone. But overall, the music capabilities of this phone is simply magnificent. Video playbacks is satisfying. It supports MP4 and 3GP (these are the only ones I've tried). The video quality is not that good, but again it's very satisfying, the sound quality on the other hand is very beautiful, extremely stunning. Now let's go it's java handling capability.

...iLock by Amith GC moded by me, running on myPhone T23 WiFi Duo...

With 3+ mega bytes of RAM, java games and applications runs very smoothly on this phone. It supports full touch games (portrait or landscape) and apps. There are some games it could not handle, like games which require bigger RAMs. Since it's only built with 3MB of RAM, high quality games will surely crash. That's another downside, but it does not really matter if you are not looking for games which eats a huge chunk of phone memory. Multi-tasking feature of this phone is not that good, but it is very useful. You can actually minimize a browser while it is loading a page, and it will continue to run in background. Setting up a network for these apps is also very easy, so when you want to download a modded Opera Mini, you can set it very quickly and surf in less than a minute.

FEATURES RATING: 8.1/10 (very satisfying, downside: low RAM)

BATTERY LIFE

This phone will definitely get the best rating here. According to various test I've made, this phone can survive a whole day of running java games, which means you can play your favorite game the whole day and charge it in the evening. When it comes to playing music, this phone can run for 24 - 30 hrs. Browsing with WiFi or GPRS, it can run for 20 - 28 hours. For power users, this phone could last 1.5 - 2 days. For average users, it could run for 3 - 4.5 days.

BATTERY LIFE RATING: 9.0/10 (outstanding)

SUMMARY:
EXTERIOR: 8.7
SPEED & INTERFACE: 5.7
FEATURES: 8.1
BATTERY LIFE: 9.0

OVERALL RATING: 7.875

...THANK YOU FOR READING MY REVIEW...sana nakatulong ako...HIT THANKS PLEASE....you can ask me questions about this phone if you want... :)

hello po, itatanong ko lang po sana kung kaya pong mag-play/mag-buff ng mga video from www.youtube.com while nakaconnect sa wifi itong cp na ito? :pray: thanks

hello po, itatanong ko lang po sana kung kaya pong mag-play/mag-buff ng mga video from www.youtube.com while nakaconnect sa wifi itong cp na ito? :pray: thanks

...pwedeng-pwede....mabilis nga e....open mu lang ang youtube app na nakainstall sa phone....

sir nagdownload po ako ng om na handler naeedit xa but pagka instal ko na ayaw po nia mag ok or ayaw magbukas ng om na download ko.om 4.2 at 6.1 at 5.1 pati narin 6.5 plz help why?

:excited::dance:WAG NA CHOOSY KUNG GUSTO NIO ANG MY PHONE T23 WIFI DUO GRAB NA NIO 2888 PESOS LANG AS OF NOW MY MY PHONE T23 DUO WIFI OK NA OK NAMAN cya wala naman problem at mabilis ang o.m. and uc browser esp. sa wifi..... :-):rofl::lol::thumbsup:

sir nagdownload po ako ng om na handler naeedit xa but pagka instal ko na ayaw po nia mag ok or ayaw magbukas ng om na download ko.om 4.2 at 6.1 at 5.1 pati narin 6.5 plz help why?

...try mo to...
www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=503624

working to...try mo lng i-install ang opera mini sa phone memory...may mga issues kasi sa ibang phone ang pag install sa memory card...

maraming salamat sa review mo TS.. :salute: nagbabalak pa naman kao bumili ng MYPHONE ngayon.. ang main concern ko lang ay eto..
mga friends ko kasi mga myphone users, and sabi nila (at nakita ko din) na hirap sila makakonek sa WIFI ng SM Malls.. (lagi pa naman kami nasa SM)
naeencounter mo din ba yung ganung problema? hoping for your response :thanks:

maraming salamat sa review mo TS.. :salute: nagbabalak pa naman kao bumili ng MYPHONE ngayon.. ang main concern ko lang ay eto..
mga friends ko kasi mga myphone users, and sabi nila (at nakita ko din) na hirap sila makakonek sa WIFI ng SM Malls.. (lagi pa naman kami nasa SM)
naeencounter mo din ba yung ganung problema? hoping for your response :thanks:

..mahirap talagang mag connect sa mga free public WiFi, katulad sa mga SM Malls...di ko alam kng bakit ganon...

Thanks po s review! Im planning to buy this one kanina. kso i've been hearing so many negative feedback on it's early predecessor t23 duo (classic) i hope they've already upgraded it minus the glitches. I can see you have a good review and I'm gonna buy one soon. I like the shell of it's music player. aun ang gamit na gamit sa akin, sad lang s part ng videoplayback mukhang d tlga ok, nwei salamat ng madami! :D:excited::thumbsup:

ho to download games on t23 wifi duo?

search ka lng sa google ng touchscreen java games 240x320...pwede ka ring mag search ng games para sa samsung corby, halos lahat ng games na pang corby gagana sa T23...

Thanks po s review! Im planning to buy this one kanina. kso i've been hearing so many negative feedback on it's early predecessor t23 duo (classic) i hope they've already upgraded it minus the glitches. I can see you have a good review and I'm gonna buy one soon. I like the shell of it's music player. aun ang gamit na gamit sa akin, sad lang s part ng videoplayback mukhang d tlga ok, nwei salamat ng madami! :D:excited::thumbsup:

...glad I could help... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ho to download games on t23 wifi duo?

try mo bro java games ng corby. pede un, parehas sila screen resolution e.

try mo to link na to.

http://phoneky.com/games/?p=view-item&id=j4j15080

http://gallery.????????????/c/240-320-mobile-java-games/1/

kmusta pala bro ang performance ng t23 wifi duo mo? ok ba so far? plan ko din bumili e.

d ba mabilis malowbat pg nka-wifi at call?

:)

search ka lng sa google ng touchscreen java games 240x320...pwede ka ring mag search ng games para sa samsung corby, halos lahat ng games na pang corby gagana sa T23...

...glad I could help... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yes sir! thanks sa help, just wan't a follow up question, d ba madali malowbat ang t23 pag naka-wifi or call? kmsta b wen it comes to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes sir! thanks sa help, just wan't a follow up question, d ba madali malowbat ang t23 pag naka-wifi or call? kmsta b wen it comes to that?

...tatagal rin siya...sa call nya parang 5hrs - 7hrs...sa wifi naman parang nasa 6 - 8hrs...

...tatagal rin siya...sa call nya parang 5hrs - 7hrs...sa wifi naman parang nasa 6 - 8hrs...

wow that's cool, I assume this is based on your experience. not bad kc ang 5800 q natagal lng ng 3hours pg nakawifi, lakas kmain ng batt. galing nitong fone n to a? can't wait to have one. thanks2 uli, i'll be browsing this very often hangga't d pa ako nakakabili para mdami ako mpulot. salamat ng mdami! :D

:excited::dance:WAG NA CHOOSY KUNG GUSTO NIO ANG MY PHONE T23 WIFI DUO GRAB NA NIO 2888 PESOS LANG AS OF NOW MY MY PHONE T23 DUO WIFI OK NA OK NAMAN cya wala naman problem at mabilis ang o.m. and uc browser esp. sa wifi..... :-):rofl::lol::thumbsup:

may prob po ako about sa cp na yan,, pag mag oopen po ako ng gprs sa 2951 not compatible daw ung gprs setting

so panu po ba ang pag oopen ng GPRS nto using Globe simcard

Maganda ang video playback nito malinaw at mabilis, make sure lang na maganda ang Micro SDHC mu at hindi sira. :)

Dapat din marunong ka mag convert ng video kung gusto mo ng magandang quality..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom