Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[HELP] Acer E5-411 BIOS Corrupted after Update

laconix00

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
After a Windows Update, my Acer would not boot anymore - blank screen, fan is working but the HDD is not spinning.
I also tried "power reset" troubleshooting to attempting to re-flash the BIOS but no luck.

It's been a month since it happen.

I went to an "Authorized" Acer Service Center. They can fix it BUT HELL they are asking a lot of money :upset:
700 for the fixing and another 3,000+ for the "formatting" :ranting:

Does anyone know how to fix a BIOS problem with my laptop (Acer E5-411)? Any help is appreciated :salute:
I also attached the BIOS file - the exe and the .bin file (extracted from the .exe file) - on the attachment below :)

Attachments

• BIOS_Acer_1.08_A_A.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 617
  • ZQMB.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 489
Why did you update the BIOS? Or, how can you say that your laptop had a BIOS problem? Have you also tried using an external monitor?

Hi Sir Laconix. Since the last thing that you do before the problem occur is updating windows, possible for incomplete/failed installation of windows update that results to black screen. Quick and stable fix for this is to reformat and reinstall your operating system.

Why did you update the BIOS? Or, how can you say that your laptop had a BIOS problem? Have you also tried using an external monitor?

Most Acer Laptops has this BIOS problem especially after a failed Windows Update. I can say it is the BIOS because of my past expericence - I have an old laptop that also has that problem but it is now fix however my new one does not :unsure:
I also tried using an external monitor (both through an HDMI and VGA) but no luck :no:

Hi Sir Laconix. Since the last thing that you do before the problem occur is updating windows, possible for incomplete/failed installation of windows update that results to black screen. Quick and stable fix for this is to reformat and reinstall your operating system.

Tried reformatting through USB. However like I said, the monitor is completely black - completely off (no backlight, no image whatsoever). :noidea:

buhayin ko lang po itong thread ask ko lang po if nasolve po ba yung problem ni ts...if oo pahelp naman kasi ganyan din problema ko. tia

Up! same problem po kami nito .. may solution na po ba ?

solusyon yan dalhin nyo sa board level technician kung ako nyan kaya ko ayusin yan

Back
Top Bottom