Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[HOT] ROOT your ASUS ME172V tablet

xlolohx

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
[/B][/B]Root ASUS memo pad ME172v

If you happened to be own a ASUS ME172v memo pad no wonder you also want to root that device,i searched whole internet to find a root solution for this device and it was not that much easy.
from this post i will describe step by step rooting procedure for the ASUS memo pad ME172v device to make someone ease there search.

first you need to download following 2 software's.

http://????????WYV1k

http://????????WYVAb

Then make sure you have your ASUS memo pad fully charged before following any of these steps (IMPORTANT).
you will require a at least 2GB microSD card formatted with FAT16 or FAT32 with partition on it.

okay Lets start!!!

1 step - extract then content of zip file Me172vDumpUtil_v0.1.zip to your SD cards root location.

2 step - insert your SD card to your memo pad and restart it.
then you will prompted with 3 choices with back ground screen with dark blue.this is where you will
start to backup you system partitions on your device.
from volume keys you can go through with your selection,

"Dump me172v flash and some info"

"shutdown"

"Restore me172v flash (previously saved)"

select "Dump me172v flash and some info" and press power button to confirm your selection.

this will take some time to create a dump with your device system files,after finishing the dump creation device will be shutdown automatically
pull out your SD card and and make a safe copy of your dump files stored in your SD card.

3 step - after saving the content on the SD card format the card again with same file system and extract the content of Me172vRootUtil_v0.1.zip file to root location of the SD card.

4 step - restart the device with the inserted SD card and it will give you prompt to selection for device root.
"root me172v"

"shutdown"

"unroot me172v"

**you can navigate through selection from volume key,select "root me172v" and press power button for confirmation.after about 1 min VIOLA!! you are now having rooted ASUS memo pad with you.

-FEEDBACK

Meron po bang video tut or step by step pic tut neto? hehehe mahirap na baka magkamali sayang kung ma brick yung device

magandang gabi po sa lahat, ask lng po kung meron n rom pra sa asus me172v nten? nroot ko n po ung akin, try ko lng po kung meron ng rom n compatible sa asus nten

maraming salamat po sa sasagot..... :thanks:

Asus memo pad HD7 ME173X sakin, ano ba magandang epekto pag rooted ang tablet?

sir san pwd i d0wnl0ad ung png r0ot? hnd k0 kc m d0wnl0ad d2 s cp q.. s3 mini p0 gmit q.. tnx!

Back
Top Bottom