Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to Openline (Unlock) and Debrand Huawei e5573cs-933 (Globe)

I finally unlocked my Huawei E5773CS-933 modem from Globe.

I've been trying to unlock it by following a guide for the E5573-609 and E5573-322. However, those did not help as the boot pin is located differently for this variant. Once I located the boot pin (by shorting out every single pin in the board, one at a time), I tried loading the generic E5573CS firmware (after running Balong USB Downloader) and would refuse to install (I get error 12). Given those obstacles, I gave up and hunted for the Globe's 933 firmware. The 933 firmware that I downloaded turned out to be an unbranded/generic, SIM unlocked firmware. From there I faced some more obstacles, mainly the WebUI and dashboard files are nowhere to be found, except on one website where you need to pay at least $15 for a paid account, to get access to the files. After pulling the trigger, I was able to unlock the device as well as remove Globe's branding in the process.

I decided to put all of the files you need in a one ZIP archive. So you won't have to spend hours searching for the files. I know you got better things to do.

Download:
E5773CS-933 Unlock
HXD Hex Editor

Also, I'm not respponsible if you screw/hard brick your modem. I've done this twice already (to unlock my modem (and then to replicate these step)

1. Install the both the FcSerialDrv and Mobile Partner drivers on "Drivers" directory.

2. Disassemble your modem using T5 torx screwdriver.
NOTE: This is the part where you'll have to break the seal and void your warranty. Sorry, there's no way to unlock without doing this. So either keep your warranty or unlock your modem.

3. Take out the board and flip it over.

4. Connect the board to the computer, and open Device Manager

5. Grab tweezers or similar device that's conductive. Then short out one of the pin/metal part (shown in the pic) near the SIM card slot.

View attachment 1235550

6. While keeping the pin/metal part shorted out. Go ahead and put the battery approximately 45-degree angle while keeping it in contacct witn the gold terminals. As shown in the pic.

View attachment 1235551

7. If you did it right. You should see "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G PC UI Interface", "FC - PC UI Interface" or something similar under Ports (COM & LPT) on Device Manager. You don't need the tweezers anymore but leave the battery alone.

View attachment 1235552

If you're getting a message saying that the last USB device you have inserted can't be recognized, then try connecting using a different cable, port, or even a different computer.

8. Launch Balong USB Loader at "Balong USB Downloader" directory.

9. Click "Detect". Then Press the three dots. Then "Load"

10. It should take about 5-20 seconds for USB Downloader to do its thing. It's normal for the program to freeze, however, when its done. It should return with a full progress bar.

View attachment 1235553

11. Check Device Manager and if you see both "FC - Application Interface" and "FC - PC UI Interface" or something similar, proceed to the next step.

View attachment 1235554

12. Go to "Firmware (21.320.99.05.00)" directory and run "E5573Cs-933_Update_21.320.99.05.00.exe" The go through the wizard.

13. Go to "WebUI (WEBUI_21.100.32.00.03_NE5)" and run "Update_WEBUI_21.100.32.00.03_NE5.exe". Same thing as last step. Go through the wizard.

14. Let go of the battery, disconnect the board, and assemble the modem.

15. Insert a SIM card. (I used a Globe SIM, but any SIM could work.) DON'T SKIP THIS. Doing so will give you an error on DC Unlocker when trying to repair the serial number and IMEI of your modem.

16. Connect the modem to the computer. Then run "dc-unlocker2client_1277.exe" at the "DC Unlocker" directory.

17. Click on the magnifying glass/search.

18. When the modem is found, you'll see that it's already unlocked but we can't use it yet due to not having the correct serial and IMEI.

View attachment 1235555

19. Run HxD and type out the serial number on the right side.

20. Now type in this command: AT^NVWR=6,16,** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Replace ** with the hex code you got from HxD (copy paste the values in the middle (between the zeros and the serial number you just typed. Press enter. It should say OK.

21. Now type in this command: AT^CIMEI="*****". For example if your imei is 1234567890123456, then you would type: AT^CIMEI="123456789123456"
Replace * with your IMEI. Press enter. It should say OK.

View attachment 1235556

22. Click on the magnifying glass (again) and see if the correct serial number and IMEI shows up. Once done, close out of DC Unlocker.

23. Finally, go to "Firmware (21.326.13.00.00)" directory and run "E5573Cs-933_Update_21.326.13.00.00.exe"

One done. The modem should reboot and should automatically open a web browser, which goes to the Huawei page. If not, open your web browser and go to 192.168.8.1. If it asks you for a username and password. It's "admin" for both. From here, you'll need to setup the network name, password, etc. Just like you would when you first bought the modem.

View attachment 1235557

Take note that we don't have the Globe branding anymore.

View attachment 1235559

And for those who are wondering, 4G also works. Although, whenever I get LTE on my Sun Cellular SIM, it shows as SMART.

View attachment 1235560

sir naopenline ko na sakin at nagamit kuna 3 day tapos nakalimotan ko pasword nong ireset ko dina gumana yung admin na pasword sa ui at yung pangalan ng wifi ko ganon parin yung nilagay ko imbes na bumalik sa original:praise:

ready nako iunlock gamit tut mo sir mukang madali lang naman nabuksan konanga kaso may naalala ako ung wifi extender na gusto ko pag flash mawawala un dba. meron pa namang wifi samin sa kapitbahay haha magagamit ko un so umurong ako siguro bibili nalang ako ulit ng smart pocket. nadukutan kasi ako ng pr2l tapos pr3 sobrang malas ko sa smart sayang naopenline ko sila. pero siguro bibili nalang siguro ako. salamat ts sa tut. nahirapan lang ako magdl sa mega naddc ung hpi ko diko matapos. 😂

View attachment 337521

- - - Updated - - -

ay pwede po ba pacheck ng nakapagflash na kung may wifi extender din ung firmware sa settings. para makapanigurado lang gusto ko iopenline talaga hehe ung seal intact pa haha binalik ko pero diko nilagyan ng screw baka sakali. ��

Attachments

• received_518266438573062.jpeg
    received_518266438573062.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 26
ready nako iunlock gamit tut mo sir mukang madali lang naman nabuksan konanga kaso may naalala ako ung wifi extender na gusto ko pag flash mawawala un dba. meron pa namang wifi samin sa kapitbahay haha magagamit ko un so umurong ako siguro bibili nalang ako ulit ng smart pocket. nadukutan kasi ako ng pr2l tapos pr3 sobrang malas ko sa smart sayang naopenline ko sila. pero siguro bibili nalang siguro ako. salamat ts sa tut. nahirapan lang ako magdl sa mega naddc ung hpi ko diko matapos. ��

View attachment 1245908

- - - Updated - - -

ay pwede po ba pacheck ng nakapagflash na kung may wifi extender din ung firmware sa settings. para makapanigurado lang gusto ko iopenline talaga hehe ung seal intact pa haha binalik ko pero diko nilagyan ng screw baka sakali. ��

Hwag ka mag-alala Sir, di mawawala wifi extender. Yun din habol ko kay huawei kaya ibinenta ko evoluzn pr3l ko kahit naopenline ko e. Gamit ko rin kasi yung extender kasi nakaconnect din ako sa kapitbahay namin ������

Finally nagawa ko din sa windows 8.1 toshiba , naka globe padin ako mahina kasi smart dito, gusto ko lang talaga i unlocked yehey. Sana may tutorial din for back up firmware.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay din ,kasi meron nang option for turning on off data connection sa Huawei Application for android dati kasi napunta pa sa gateway tapos dun ung on off.

Attachments

• unlocked.png
    unlocked.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 2018_02_18_19.36.59.png
    2018_02_18_19.36.59.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 37
EDIT EDIT ^_^ mali pala dipala siya na bricks as of now okey na okey na siya unlock sucessfull nView attachment 337727

Attachments

• 28275126_549870668713122_1388047939_o.jpg
    28275126_549870668713122_1388047939_o.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
hello po ask ko lang kung pwede mag block ng sites dito sa pocket wifi? :thanks:

hindi po ba naging sensitive sa signal mga unit nyo sir after ma open line?sakin kasi mahawakan ko lang bgla namumula signal.

lahat po ba ng nirelease ng globe na ganitong Huawei E5573cs-933 lahat? o me iba model pa?

Hi. Tanong ko lang po if pwede tong Huawei e5573cs-933 Pocket wifi ng globe insertan ng postpaid sim ng globe din? Thanks po!

hindi po ba naging sensitive sa signal mga unit nyo sir after ma open line?sakin kasi mahawakan ko lang bgla namumula signal.

Same here, humina talaga yung sagap ng signaL nya, aNg laki nung difference ang bagal na nya sa loob ng room ko, compare sa original firmware ng globe ,malakas sa loob ng room kahit katabi ko sa bed,
ngayon need ilagay sa bintana sa tuktuk :p sinabit ko,

okay lang din kasi masgusto ko unlocked talaga, para pwedeng smart.

Last edited:
Pwede po. Mapa-postpaid man o prepaid. Kahit hindi openline.

Finally nagawa ko din sa windows 8.1 toshiba , naka globe padin ako mahina kasi smart dito, gusto ko lang talaga i unlocked yehey. Sana may tutorial din for back up firmware.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay din ,kasi meron nang option for turning on off data connection sa Huawei Application for android dati kasi napunta pa sa gateway tapos dun ung on off.

Pano mo na openline sa Windows 8.1? Ayaw kasi madetect mga drivers pag ako nagtry.

Pano mo na openline sa Windows 8.1? Ayaw kasi madetect mga drivers pag ako nagtry.

Hindi ko alam eh, basta na ditect na sya eh :)
Mag try ka sa lahat ng usb cable na meron ka , and sa lahat ng usb slots isa isahin mo.

Toshiba Satellite C40-B
updated lahat ng drivers
and updated din via windows update

Last edited:
Nice TS 👍
Nga pala, mukhang engineering ka ah?
Baka alam mo kung panu buhayin ung dead na pocket wifi? Na-short yta kasi Huawei E5377 ko

wao. super hirap. i rate it 8/10 for unlocking method kasi malaki tweezer ko dito. try ko na lang sa computer cable or solder ko.

EDIT: Pwedeng walang battery sa bootshot

- - - Updated - - -

TS na unlock ko na yung akin. Thanks for tut.

Sa bootshot wag muna isaksak yung battery para madali. pag nadetect na yung PC UI Interface, saka lang isasaksak yung battery.

SS:

OLD VER INFO
View attachment 1235858

NEW VER INFO
View attachment 1235862
View attachment 1235860

PROOF
View attachment 1235859

PANO ma download ung HEXEDITOR?

ty dito buhay n na deadboot kung unit 2017 p n dead kk try unlock

Back
Top Bottom