Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

I have a fear on semicolon ( ; )

arravan

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I just want to share this kind of phobia im having. And if you could give me some advices i would gladly take it. As the title says, i really have a fear on semicolons. Its kinda weird but let me explain it.

I had a brother who commited suicide due to depression, and it really hit me real hard that for years i found it hard to move on to it. But im fine now, except with my fear on semicolon. I came to have watched this advertisement on tv about mental health awareness, depressions and suicide and at the end of the video, it shown this semicolon symbol in a black background. At those times i am also feeling depressed homesicked and fatigued to to lack of sleep coz i had worked at a roro vessel here in the philippines. Therefore my mind interpret things negatively as i have observed. Then there it goes, i saw that ad and the semi colon thinking what could have been the meaning of that symbol. Then i take it negatively and thought that its a hangman coz it looks like it. At first it feels like ok having a thought of it but as time goes whenever i see a semicolon it always reminding me of a hangman and it really really irritates me everytime feel like my mind is gonna shot down. Im always having a bad feeling whenever i see it and also always changes my mood that affects my personal relation and thinking process. And what i do is that i also try to avoid it, inbcomputers, cellphones or anywhere coz it always hurt me. I hope somebody here can help me and give me a very nice advice on how i will deal with my condition. Thank you 😔

up... God, I feel so bad for you. Don't lose hope. Keep praying.

madali lang sabihin namin na semicolon lang yan, pero alam ko mahirap on your part..
pray ts:pray: and think positive :salute:

Sorry bro ; wala akong alam sa mga Phobia ;;;;;;;;
Pero maybe its better that you print ;;;;;;;;
Semicolon in different sizes and keep staring at it ;;;;;;;;
From time to time and later hope that you'll ;;;;;;;;
Overcome that kind of fear of yours. ;;;;;;;;

Kailangan molang masanay sir hanggang sa wala kanang magawa dahil jan. Good Luck Ts ;)

Napanuod ko to sa youtube, kung paano magka phobia kahit na wala kang phobia.
So ganito ginawa nila para magka phobia ang subject.

nakaupo sya sa electric chair habang nakaharap sa monitor, may iba ibang images na pinapakita sa monitor tapos, tuwing lumalabas ang icon ng settings(ewan ko kung ano tawag dito) may lumalabas na kuryente sa chair, medyo malakas na napapaunat ang subject, paulit ulit nila ginawa to hanggang sa itinigil ang kuryente, pero yung effect ng kuryente sakanya at yung expression sa mukha nya kasama na rin yung mura sa bibig, masasabi natin na natrigger ang phobia nya sa ganung paraan, in the end ni reversed nila yung pangyayari kung saan paulit ulit pinakita ang icon setting na wala ng kuryente, para malawa ang phobia nya sa icon na yun.

My advise kahit na hindi ko pa nasusubukan, ipa edit yung yung semi colon na may background na magandang tanawin o kahit ano na positive tignan, try mo maraming images, pagawa mo sa magaling mag photoshop. tapos gawin mong screensaver o kahit ano basta araw araw mong nakikita. try mo lang :) walang mawawala

Thank you sirs sa mga advices. Somehow po naiibsan ung irritation about it. Trinatry ko po lagi tumingin sa semi colon and somehow nakakatulong din kaso mahirap lng makarecover kc parang planted na kc sakin pero sharing what im experiencing and having read you comments is very relieving. Thank you po and may God bless us all. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sir. Somehow napatawa nyo po ako :)

- - - Updated - - -

Kung sino pa man po may extra ordinary issues na na eexperience, i hope po mag karoon kayo ng courage na mag share din para mailabasan nyo din anu man na grudges meron kayo. Thank you po sa lahat ng comments nyo.

kala ko joke, totoo pala.
sorry T.S.,

Parang ipis lang yan, dati tumatakbo ako kasi sobrang nakakatakot sila. ngayon ay nakakatakot parin sila pero pinapatay ko na. Di ko naman hinahambing ang takot mo sakin at magaan lang ang akin eh.

expose mo lang sarili mo hanggang masanay ka, kaya mo yan T.S.!

kala ko joke, totoo pala.
sorry T.S.,

Parang ipis lang yan, dati tumatakbo ako kasi sobrang nakakatakot sila. ngayon ay nakakatakot parin sila pero pinapatay ko na. Di ko naman hinahambing ang takot mo sakin at magaan lang ang akin eh.

expose mo lang sarili mo hanggang masanay ka, kaya mo yan T.S.!

Thank you sir :)

Hi!

Divert your attention to anything every time you see that symbol. And keep telling yourself that there is nothing wrong with that symbol, it is just a thought. It's just all in your head.

I will pray for you! :)

Try mo ts mag wallpaper ng ; sa phone or pc mo, hanggang sa magsawa ka.

Hi!

Divert your attention to anything every time you see that symbol. And keep telling yourself that there is nothing wrong with that symbol, it is just a thought. It's just all in your head.

I will pray for you! :)

Thank you po ❤️❤️❤️

try to face your fears, tuwing titingin ka sa semi colon wag ka mag isip ng mga bagay na negative, think of anythings na positive

Back
Top Bottom