Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

LG G4 Thread

HHubs

A!
LV3 MODERATOR
Star Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Space Stone
lg-g4-5.jpg

lg-g4-2.jpg

Specifications and review (via gsmarena)

Camera-specific tips and reviews

LG G4 Camera Review
Gear Review: A Photographer's Take on the LG G4
How (and when) to use manual mode on the LG G4 camera
How to Use the LG G4 Camera: Everything You Need to Know

Download the LG G4 Camera Guidebook by LG
HERE

Key Features

• Subtly curved design with optional leather backs
  • 5.5" QHD (1440 x 2560px) Quantum Display IPS LCD, 534ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop with the latest LG UX v4.0
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset with hex-core processor (dual Cortex-A57 @ 1.82GHz, quad A53 @ 1.44GHz), Adreno 418 GPU and 3GB of RAM
  • 16MP camera, phase detection/laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, OIS, 2160p video recording
  • 8MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
  • 32GB of built-in storage, expandable via a microSD card slot
  • Active noise cancellation with a secondary microphone
  • Dolby mobile sound enhancement
  • 3,000mAh user-replaceable battery
  • microUSB 2.0 with SlimPort 4K
  • IR-port and NFC
PROS

CONS
+ Excellent camera with RAW support- No wireless charging out of the box*
+ Removable battery- No quick charger included**
+ Micro SD up to 128 GB- Plastic build***
+ Curved design helps with ergonomics
+ Bright and colorful QHD Screen
*According to my research, the G4 model (H818P) being sold in the Philippines does not support wireless charging
**Quick charging is supported. You just have to buy or use a charger that supports fast charging
***You can opt for the leather back cover. Just be careful with handling the leather because it is not very thick and is prone to damage.

FAQ

What's included in the box?

--- Package comes with a pair of LG Quadbeat 3 earphones, a 1.8-amp charger, a 32GB micro sd card and free 100 GB of Google Drive storage for a year.

Can we buy the optional back covers separately?

--- As of posting date, you can order the plastic back covers from LG stores for 700-800 pesos. Leather backs are not yet sold separately. (Sa US, available na ito) Galing ako sa SM Megamall kanina (July 26) at sabi ng sales lady, available na for pre-order ang leather backs; ~1600 for red / black leather at ~800 for the other colors.

How much is the G4?

--- 31k for the leather back (cash) and 29k for the plastic back (cash) in LG and Memoxpress stores.

Last edited:
My personal review of the G4:

Background

My last phone was a rooted stock Nexus 4, ni-root ko lang para mag install ng adblock :lol: All of my other phones ran custom ROMs (CM and AOSP ROMs to be specific) because they're fast, simple, and offer a lot of customization. I liked my Nexus 4 so much that I managed to stick with it for the last 2 years, which meant that I skipped two generations of flagships. This year, I've decided to upgrade and look for a phone with the camera as my top priority. I'm really not into photography and taking selfies but there were times when I wished I had a phone that can take decent photos or videos.

After doing some research and testing, I eventually bought the G4 last June 13 at LG's Concept Store in SM Fairview and got a free 11k mah battery pack. :happy:

Why I chose the G4

First Impressions

Camera - It has a very nice 8MP front camera. Mas maganda pa yata kuha nung front cam ng G4 kaysa sa main camera ng Nexus 4 ko na 8mp din. :lmao: The only problem I have with the G4's front camera is that it sharpens the photo a little too much, even with the "beauty shot" slider set to minimum.
The main camera was just WOW (insert doge meme here). I was really impressed with the test shots I took while in auto mode inside the LG store. I've got to admit, I have zero knowledge in photography and a lot less on how the G4's manual controls work ( less than zero? so negative na yun :lol: ). Ganun ako ka-mangmang sa photography at kung paano nag-i-interact ang ISO, Shutter speed, Focus, Exposure, etc. Ngayon pa lang ako nagbabasa at nagp-practice. :) Balak ko rin bumili ng tripod para makakuha ng long-exposure shots.. hindi kasi steady kamay ko. :)

Ergonomics - Speaking of kamay, first time ko makahawak ng curved na phone and I'll have to say that it doesn't feel like a phone with a 5.5-inch screen. It's easier to hold and use with one hand compared to the iPhone 6 plus. I also found out a downside of using a curved phone... it is almost impossible to use when you lay it on a flat surface like a table because the phone will wobble whenever you touch it. :slap: So ayun, ma-mi-miss ko magtext at maglaro ng Candy Crush habang nakapatong lang sa mesa yung phone. Hehe.

Build Quality - Since hawak mo na sa kamay mo yung phone, mapapansin mo agad yung kaibahan ng leather cover kumpara sa glass (since galing ako sa Nexus 4 at maka-ilang beses ko rin ginamit yung S6 edge ng kapatid ko (nakuha niya noong June 28). I already own a glass (or semi-glass) phone so the leather option of the G4 was a big plus for me (I bought the brown leather cover, btw). According to the guy in the LG store, the black leather cover is thicker than the other leather variants, making it less prone to damage and wear. My G4 is already a month old and I am happy to report that I haven't damaged any part of it (yet). I don't use cases on my phones primarily because I don't want to ruin the overall "feel" of the phone and I pretty much handle my devices quite well. I did, however, order a rubber bumper on ebay (I expect it to arrive next week) to protect the leather's corner and sides from wear when taking it in out of my pocket.

Performance - LG's decision to equip the G4 with the Snapdragon 808 was controversial. While it is technically inferior to the 810, the 808 doesn't suffer from overheating and throttling issues. I'm actually ok with the 808 and its performance. I'm also not really into gaming - the most graphics-intensive game I have installed is Mortal Kombat X. I'm glad to report that the gameplay is smooth and it doesn't lag and the phone doesn't get exceptionally hot (nags-stutter lang yung animation ng "loading"). Wala naman akong problema sa performance niya while surfing the internet at umaabot ng 5-6 hours ang SOT while on WiFi. I cannot comment on the battery life while on mobile data kasi lagi akong nasa area na may WiFi. Hindi rin ako makapag comment kung ilan ang SOT niya kung puro games lang gagawin. :)

Software - I am confident that I will be sticking to LG's stock ROM this time. I really like that LG's skin isn't as bloated as the other OEM skins and there are no fancy apps that distract you from your day-to-day activities. Unlike the old days, LG's stock launcher can now be themed by downloading them via the LG World app, which is nice. Softkeys and quick toggles can be customized to your liking. :) I'm ok with the stock launcher but I decided to install Nova Prime (since I already purchased it - sayang naman) and setup my classic PIE UI theme and make use of the gesture controls that I got used to. The knock code and double tap to wake / sleep function is very useful and helps in preserving your power button. There have been reports of touch issues and instances wherein the phone doesn't detect the knock code when unlocking. I believe that the touch screen issues are isolated in the US/EU variants of the G4 because I haven't experienced this. I can confirm though that the phone sometimes doesn't recognize my knock code and you have to enter it twice but it does recognize the double tap to wake (the knock code issue I'm having only happens when the screen is off).

***I just received a software update as I was editing this review. According to the changelog, it's supposed to fix the touch issues that users are experiencing.

Pahabol - Another reason that I chose the G4 is that it has a micro sd slot. :) Kailangan mo talaga ng extra storage lalo na kung may RAW support yung camera at may napakagandang screen... sarap manood ng mga bagay bagay :naughty:

Sample pics nga pala.
Pagpasensyahan niyo na at wala akong alam sa photography. :lol:
Wala rin ako tripod pero balak ko bumili. Hindi steady kamay ko e.

Auto mode https://drive.google.com/file/d/13KzIaEH66kXdOGGJ-TGO1gPC1v1lp29d4w/view?usp=sharing
Auto mode rin same spot, Zoomed to 3.8x (notice niyo yung blue at violet na payong sa orig pic) https://drive.google.com/file/d/139a-xhYAhstqz9xxbZQwLP_AcceVJjaUIQ/view?usp=sharing
Manual, indoor, light source ay isang CRT tv. hehe. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b-FXL-DXP6F5dBpoJdBh4AwEr2rY6OUAPA/view?usp=sharing
Front cam https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZqTJXsqWczJIhHLe1OQ0xvBHTkh8DSqdA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
ganda ng phone na to. pero siguro stick muna ako sa G3 ko. hanggat wala pang pambili. :D

gaya nga ng sabi ni OP nung binili ko tong G3 never ko pa siyang flinash ng custom rom, gustong gusto ko kasi UI niya at ibang features. kadalasan kasing device ko ka custom rom. hehe

Nice review po sir HHubs :salute: , Lalo tuloy ako naguluhan kung ano bibilhin kong CP :lol: , Mga choices ko kasi sir Microsoft phone, Sony Xperia, Samsung, Oppo. At ngayon nadagdagan pa ng isa LG :lol: . Wala sa choices ko yun Iphone masyado kasing hassle :lmao: :peace:

Wow ganda ng fone mo ts.

salamats. :)

ganda ng phone na to. pero siguro stick muna ako sa G3 ko. hanggat wala pang pambili. :D

gaya nga ng sabi ni OP nung binili ko tong G3 never ko pa siyang flinash ng custom rom, gustong gusto ko kasi UI niya at ibang features. kadalasan kasing device ko ka custom rom. hehe

Ako kasi, nagsawa na rin ng kaka-flash ng custom ROM. Nag improve na rin kasi support ng OEMs sa mga device nila hindi gaya dati na iniiwan na lang sa kangkungan yung device at hindi na inu-update. >_<

Nice review po sir HHubs :salute: , Lalo tuloy ako naguluhan kung ano bibilhin kong CP :lol: , Mga choices ko kasi sir Microsoft phone, Sony Xperia, Samsung, Oppo. At ngayon nadagdagan pa ng isa LG :lol: . Wala sa choices ko yun Iphone masyado kasing hassle :lmao: :peace:

Ni-update ko yung review ko para sa'yo (at para sa thread na rin). Hehe
Nakakahiya naman kung hindi ko mabigyan ng hustisya yung review ko. :lol:
Hintayin mo yung 2015 na Nexus 5 or yung next na Huawei phone. Mukhang maganda rin. :yes:

nice review sir. i bought one. and i too will stick with stock rom. ganda ng ui. sabi ng reviews di raw maganda. well it works for me. and mahilig talaga ko na magpalit palit ng rom. but this time ganda talaga and smooth unlike my previous devices. ganda talaga ng kuha ng 16mp with laserAF and ois cam ng lg g4. yung iba hindi na appreciate yung camera kasi naka auto mode lang. but switch to manual mode you could do wonders from it. pwede i-tweak yung shutter speed. i bought the black leather variant, I'm really inlove with this phone. sino pa mga naka G4 dito saten mga idol?

Nagsale sa North Edsa yung LG last week, Napabili tuloy ako.
Pros:
Ganda ng camera ng G4 lalo na kapag nakamanual, para kang nakadslr. Top of the line.
Cons:
Mabilis malowbat at maraming google bloatware. Nakagreenify pa ko nian.

Last edited:
Plan to buy G4 this coming december, kursunada kasi ni misis itong gamit kong G3 :) Sali na rin ako sa thread na to. Since lumabas talaga mga android stick lang ako sa LG brand subok na kasi sa tibay kahit ipamato mo sa piko gagana pa rin.

New G4 user here and first Flagship phone ko ang G4, anyway I also want to share my views to the phone.

Touchscreen issues, di ko kse alam na may update malimit ako may ghost touch then after nawala naman, tapos super sensitive nung touchscreen
khit nililinis ko lang ng cotton cloth ung screen due to finger prints etc etc eh gumagana ung screen unlike other brands na hindi parang kagaya ng
lumia phones ung sensitvity nya, in terms of clarity of screen superb!:thumbsup:

Battery life - I both use mobile data and wifi daily. DATA: 100% charged 4-5hrs with 20% brightness. WIFI: 100% charged 6hrs with 20% brightness.
GAMING: di ko masabi kase di ako babad maglaro. medyo matakaw sa battery iniisip ko na lang due to screen resolution and other running google bloatwares. advisable talga na may dala ka lagi powerbank or charger.

UI - smooth, super! mas gusto ko UI ng LG kesa other brands hehe! ultimate customization, once na nailagay mo na sa homescreen ung shortcut
ng app pwede mo i-personalize ung icons even use your own picture as icon :)

CAMERA - wala akong ibang masabi, kundi maganda :) first smartphone with f/1.8 superb!:thumbsup:

GAMING: well adreno418 rocks! wala pa akong game na na-encounter na lag or may problema, galing lahat sa Google Play ang games ko so kung
third party site galing ang games mo at may problema probably modded app yan etc etc. I use to play Real Racing 3, DH4 and 5, Modern Combat 5,
Mortal Kombat and xempre COC:rofl:

Yan lang so far ang napapansin ko sa phone, next target ko eh ung G Watch nila though not sure kase mas mura ung Razer Nabu.

EDIT:Dual-Sim variant pala yung saken H818P, as per LG stores dual sim variant lang daw ang inooffer sa pinas, so kung single sim hanap mo malamang sa Gray market meron at sa Kimstore, di din pala ako rooted though may root na ung H818P sa XDA

EDIT ULET!100% may Android M tayo :) Source: http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/23/l...d-marshmallow-instead-of-5-1-1-lollipop/13245

Last edited:
Anong google bloatwares ba ang nag rurun sa inyo? Ang meron lang naman sa akin, google and play services. :lol:

Anong google bloatwares ba ang nag rurun sa inyo? Ang meron lang naman sa akin, google and play services. :lol:

Considered ba google bloatwares to: Google Photos, Drive, Play Games? nagru-run kase saken yan.. ung Photos ginagamit ko kase auto-backup ng mga photos mejo malaki kase files size ng isang photo ng G4 around 4-6MB JPG file, tapos pag RAW nasa 8-10MB naman :)

Bloatwares by definition ay apps na hindi mo ginagamit at hindi matanggal / ma-disable.

Iyan ang sakit ng mga Samsung. Uber dami ng bloat kaya ang laki ng nababawas sa system storage.

Ang tingin ko lang na pwedeng bloat sa G4 ay yung LG Health apps. Hehe

Malupit tong lg g4 hehehe ..sana mag update na sa android m....

hi guys..ask lang habang chinacharge nyo ba ang g4 nyo umiinit sya? im charging mine habang naka off ang phone then sobrang umiinit..

Ngayon lang dumating yung ni-order ko na bumper. Ampanget. Hehe.
Dami pa pala alikabok. :lol:

11150591_1003948029656586_6525995316340594753_n.jpg

11988331_1003948089656580_4293881779265469710_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom