Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

MyPhone A858 Custom ROM

DJwayne

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
YONIP MyPhone A858 ROM V.3

watch video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcoPwZIy2u0

Changelogs:
+base from MyPhone A858 Stock ROM
+Deodexed ROM
+pre-rooted
+added init.d support
+added data2ext (***optional if you like to enable) now working well.
+added HOLO Launcher
+Fix bug of previous version (unmounted sdcard and missing apps on data2ext after reboot)
+fix scripts for data2ext

How to install:
1. Download YONIP ROM V.3, get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfca5tuf10wbo95/YONIP_MP_A858_ROM_v.3.zip
2. Reboot to recovery (CWM)
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Apply update from sdcard
5. Reboot... enjoy

OPTIONAL:
YONIP A858 ICS Theme Update, get here : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0w2896bmbr6s7qt
Logs:
+ICS Themed ROM
+Change camera app (added geotagging)
+Change start up logo and boot logo

*OPTIONAL*
How to apply data2ext (increase internal storage). You need to have 2nd partition on your sdcard (formatted as ext2) Note: 512mb-1gb recommended
1. Using Root Explorer or any file explorer, Copy 01data2ext.sh from the root of your sdcard to SCRIPTZ folder of sdcard
2. Reboot
3. Check your Internal Storage

Dont forget to backup your DATA before installing this ROM.

BE CAREFULL... Do this at your own RISK...

Screenshots:

home.png
music.png
settings.png
storage.png
settings2.png
vol.png

Last edited:
Ohhh... Looks amazing :)) ahaha
But wheres the DL link?
ALso, Do I need to Root again after Upgrading to the custom rom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh... Looks amazing :)) ahaha
But wheres the DL link?
ALso, Do I need to Root again after Upgrading to the custom rom?

Post ko bukas yung link, bagal ang upload ko.
Pre-rooted na po yung ROM.

WOOOW! Kakainggit naman mga A858 users. :( Sana meron din pang A818 sir :weep:

The Yonip has come to MyPhone, trademark ng Android Guru talaga! I've used your ROMs sa aking Lenovo A60, ngayon, a858 naman. Excited na ako for this. Thanks, Sir!

Last edited by a moderator:
cant wait for tomorrow :) :clap: :salute:

Last edited:
Grabe ako ka excited nito!! :) waiting everyday for the the past few weeks since i bought the phone :)

Can this be done without rooting the phone first? Do i just need to boot with recovery?

Grabe ako ka excited nito!! :) waiting everyday for the the past few weeks since i bought the phone :)

Can this be done without rooting the phone first? Do i just need to boot with recovery?

yes, just be sure na napply mo yung custom CWM recovery

sir pagkacopy o install ko bgla nalabas ung android na naikot tapos d nagiinstall. parang kanina after ko maginstall ng root explorer nawala sya after ko magreboot. :l

then nagreboot ako ulit. pati file manager nawala sir.

tapos i tried to send message di po mapindot yung send message :l

Last edited:
Sir Wayne, pano po yung Transparent Signal bar? Yan lang tlga ayaw ko makita sa Phone ko yung background ng Signal Bar. Ok naman po walang problem sa functionality.

cannot find update on sdcard
do i just need to copy paste the zip file to my sdcard and then reboot to recovery?

Last edited:
jorden360,
pa-extra lang po. I think masasagot kita.
Kung wala pong ClockWorkMod (CWM) custom recovery ang iyong phone, 'di po magiging successful ang pag-flash ng ROM.
Kaya dapat po may CWM custom recovery na naka-install sa iyong phone.
Kindly search some threads in this section.

will be getting it now :) And try to reflash. Will update if I am successful :) woooo!!! Thanks a lot sir :)

meron po ako ng cwm. i also use the rom manager to reboot to recover. same parin

CWM recovery v5.0.2.8
opening update package cannot open update.zip yan po error

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom