Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Nintendo 3DS Hacked Within 24 Hours

jcpantola

Symbianize Angel
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Nintendo 3DS Hacked Within 24 Hours

source

The new Nintendo 3DS didn't last 24 hours in Japan before hackers jailbroke the device to support Revolution For DS (R4) flash cards that play old Nintendo games.

Although R4 cards were built for Nintendo DS, the hackers show how they can use the storage cards to run homebrew and older Nintendo games from DS and GameBoy Color on the Nintendo 3DS, Afterdawn.com reports.

In the video below, two hackers show a Nintendo 3DS playing a DS version of "New Super Mario Brothers" stored on an R4 card.
Watch Video

The hackers note in a superimposed caption that not all flash cards work, and that Nintendo will likely remove R4 cards from its whitelist:

"Let me just clear things up. This is not a 3DS flashcart. It is the R4 used on Dsi. It is not possible to play 3DS games from it. You can't use your current DS flashcart (no matter what brand) on it. The R4 team has managed to hack the 3DS in order to make it run. Nintendo has made a "whitelist," built into the 3DS. It's a lit that contains the names of all games that can be played on the 3DS. These guys have modified this list, making it possible to run their flashcart. There, you can not do this unless you hack the system yourself. Expect Nintendo to release a firmware update to block the R4 cards once again."

The highly-anticipated 3D mobile gaming system is set to launch in the United States on March 27, with 18 games, for $249.99.

magkano kaya ito pagdating sa pinas??kasi nagmamahal pag asa philippines na eh

siguro mall price nito baka around 18k. lam mo na, bloated. pero dapat around 15k lang to pagdating dito, kaya lang diskarte na ng retailer un.

I'm planning to buy 3ds.talaga bang hindi pd gamitan to ng R4?

ganda na ng mga nangyayari sa mga handheld gaming consoles. mas gumaganda ang labanan, more xploits, hacks are coming on every gaming console. we will be expecting more from the hackers of every gaming console.

:thumbsup:

magkano kaya ito pagdating sa pinas??kasi nagmamahal pag asa philippines na eh
estimated SRP is P15k > P18k but i doubt it. lol! ang taas magdagdag ng tax d2 sa pinas at yung retailer sells the unit almost like buying 2 units. lol! masaya pko sa NDSi LL at PSP GO ko. wait mode muna.

niwrehscs said:
ganda na ng mga nangyayari sa mga handheld gaming consoles. mas gumaganda ang labanan, more xploits, hacks are coming on every gaming console. we will be expecting more from the hackers of every gaming console.
i need to work on my savings 1st muna. hehehe. siguro by that time if the price is reasonable sna makabili tyo.

kung mura ang 3DS sa NGP, kukuha ako ng 3DS pero kung konti lang ang difference sa price NGP nlang kukunin ko. lol! wait nlang natin yung pricing when it hits Philippine's market.

dyollocirej said:
I'm planning to buy 3ds.talaga bang hindi pd gamitan to ng R4?
wla pkong idea. try ko mag gather ng further updates. add ko nlang d2 sa thread.

ferofax said:
siguro mall price nito baka around 18k. lam mo na, bloated. pero dapat around 15k lang to pagdating dito, kaya lang diskarte na ng retailer un.
Well said. lol!

Last edited:
hintay din muna ako ng 2 yrs or so happy pa naman ako sa DS Lite na gamit ko...

Back
Top Bottom