Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy S III《 I9300 》

Basta VTUooM yung emmc insane po yan. Para safe sds:

Bootloader with fix
Recovery with fix
Kernel with fix

Not sure kng magigng safe po ang reading. Pero basta sds safe yung recovery at kernel kahit insane ang reading ok lang yan. Ganyan din sakin pero di ko na experience ang sds. Iniiwasan ko lang mag flasg via odin kc walang sds fix yung bootloader ko, bka ma trigger.

bakit sakin VTU00M yung emmc? :noidea:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-25-13-36-22.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-25-13-36-22.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 6
Ano ba problema sa sudden death? After mag flash ng custom ROM? balak ko pa naman

gud day po mga sir!!! i just bought a week ago my samsung s3 4g lte gt-19305. my question po is ano po advantage or disadvantage pag nag jailbreak po ako nang unit ko. if so pwede nyo po ba ako bigyan nang step by step method kung paano po gawin ang pag jailbreak. ty po sa inyo. God Bless!!!

hello po new user ako ng s3 marble gray color rooted na din.. version 4.1.2 . May update na po ba sa 4.2.2 stock rom po :) tpos pag inupdate ko po ba manually sa phone ung sofware update mawawa ung root access nya thank you po :)

Ano ba problema sa sudden death?

Yung sds po pwedeng complete eMMC failure, hindi na mag mago-on yung phone. Tapos yung half sds, bootloop, nag ffail sa bootscreen tapos hindi makakapunta sa recovery pero sa download mode pwede.

After mag flash ng custom ROM? balak ko pa naman

Wala pong problema sa pag flash basta may sds fix/update7 (kernel source code) yung custom rom.

Oo boss VTU00M, ginawa ko lang "o" on rush kc. Sorry.

hindi dun tol. sabi mo kasi pag VTU00M ang emmc insane yun. sakin naman hindi.

hello po new user ako ng s3 marble gray color rooted na din.. version 4.1.2 . May update na po ba sa 4.2.2 stock rom po :) tpos pag inupdate ko po ba manually sa phone ung sofware update mawawa ung root access nya thank you po :)

merong mga custom ROM na naka 4.2.2 pero on stage pa siya ng testing kasi wala pa namang release ng Official 4.2.2. may tendency na mawala yung root mo if available na yung 4.2.2 via OTA. kailangan mo ulit iroot.

ano po bang dapat ko icheck para maensure na safe sa SDS yung S3? nabanggit kasi sa isang site na kahit 4.1.2 eh di pa rin safe..

merong mga custom ROM na naka 4.2.2 pero on stage pa siya ng testing kasi wala pa namang release ng Official 4.2.2. may tendency na mawala yung root mo if available na yung 4.2.2 via OTA. kailangan mo ulit iroot.

Ahhh ganun po ba sir geh po wait ko muna ung release :) stock rom muna ako thanks sa info sir :salute:

Updated siguro yang sayo, kasi yung sakin alam ko hindi safe, luma yung bootloader kaya di ako nag fflash sa pc, pero sds safe yung recovery ko kya di ko pa naexperience yang sds.

gud day po mga sir!!! i just bought a week ago my samsung s3 4g lte gt-19305. my question po is ano po advantage or disadvantage pag nag jailbreak po ako nang unit ko. if so pwede nyo po ba ako bigyan nang step by step method kung paano po gawin ang pag jailbreak. ty po sa inyo. God Bless!!!

What is Rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages | Droid Lessons Credits to Astrix of Droid Lessons
“What is rooting? Why should I root my Android device?”
- These are common questions that we get asked quite often.

This will talk about both the advantages and disadvantages of rooting your Android devices. But before we get started, a word of caution:
- rooting or modifying your phone in any way will void your manufacturer’s warranty and possibly “brick” it.

What does “bricking” your device mean you ask? Exactly what you think..
- It means screwing up your phone software so badly that your phone can no longer function properly and is pretty much as useless as a brick.

I do not in any way recommend anyone to root their Android device. This article is simply to introduce you to the subject of rooting and present you with both the pro’s and con’s so that you can make an educated decision on your own.

What is Rooting?

“Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android’s software.
- With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s),
- install custom themes, increase performance, increase battery life, and
- the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money (ex: WiFi tethering).

Rooting is essentially “hacking” your Android device. In the iPhone world, this would be the equivalent to “Jailbreaking” your phone.

Why is it called Rooting?

The term “root” comes from the Unix/Linux world and is used to describe a user who has “superuser” rights or permissions to all the files and programs in the software OS (Operating System). The root user, because they have “superuser” privileges, can essentially change or modify any of the software code on the device.

Manufacturer/carrier only gives you “guest” privileges. They don’t want you getting into certain parts of the software and screwing it up beyond repair. It makes it much easier for them to manage and update the devices if they lock it all down.

This way, all the users are running the same unmodified version of the devices’s software. This makes it much easier for them to support the devices. But, for the tech-savvy crowd, only having “guest” privileges on your device is pretty lame and it locks down a lot of potentially useful features.

What are the Advantages of Rooting?

Custom Software (ROM’s)

You may have heard of people loading custom “ROM’s” on their devices. A “ROM” is the software that runs your device. It is stored in the “Read Only Memory” of your device.

There are many great custom ROM’s available that can make your Android device look and perform drastically different. For instance, you might be stuck with an older Android device that is stuck on an older version of the Android OS and it is not getting any of the newer updated versions of Android.

With a custom ROM, you could load up the latest and greatest available Android versions and bring that antiquated device up to par with some of the newer ones. There are lots of great ROM’s available for many different devices and it is up to you to find the one that best meets your needs.

Custom Themes

Themes are basically the graphics that appear on your Android device. Rooting your device allows you the ability to fully customize just about every graphic on your device. You can load custom themes that totally change the look and feel of your device.

Kernel, speed, and battery

There are many custom ROM’s and apps available for rooted devices that will allow you to drastically improve the performance (speed) and also extend battery life on your device. A lot of developers tweak the kernels (layer of code that handles communication between the hardware and software) for added performance, battery life, and more.

Baseband

Rooting your device grants you the ability to update the Basebands on your smartphone. The Baseband is what controls the radio (frequencies) on your device. By updating to the latest Basebands, you can potentially improve both the signal and quality of your phone calls.

Latest Versions of Android

As mentioned earlier, custom ROM’s can allow you to update to the latest version of the Android OS before they are officially released.
This is a great feature for those who are tech-savvy and want to stay on top of the latest and greatest software updates before it hits the mainstream crowd. This is also useful if you have an outdated device that is no longer being updated by the manufacturer.

Backing up your device

The ability to easily backup all of your Apps and Data is one feature that is sorely missed on the stock build of Android devices. But if you root your device, backing up everything on your device (both apps and data) becomes a simple task. Having Titanium Backup or MyBackupPro is a must have app for anyone who has rooted their devices and wants to backup and restore their phones. Both are available from the Google Play.

Unlocking Additional Features
wifi-tether.jpg

By rooting your Android device you also gain the ability to unlock some features that your carrier may charge for. One example is enabling free WiFi and USB tethering, which many carriers charge money for. Now, I’m not suggesting you do this. But I did want to make you aware of the fact that it is possible to do this. However, your carrier may catch on to the fact that you are using your device as a free WiFi hotspot and figure out a way to charge you for it. So use this feature at your own risk!

What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?

OTAs and System Updates

You may find that after rooting, updates provided by Google or through Service Station may not work if applied. Some updates may revert you to non-rooted status, cause a boot-loop or brick your device. To apply these updates, you may need to "unroot" / "return to stock" (out-of-the-box state) to apply the update(s). This is where (after rooting again, of course) having a backup to restore can be very helpful.

Bricking

The number one reason not to root your device is the potential risk of “bricking” it. As mentioned earlier, “bricking” your device means screwing up your phone software so badly that your phone can no longer function properly and is pretty much as useless as a brick. You would likely need to purchase a new Android device since the manufacturer of your device will void the warranty after any attempts at rooting.

Boot looping

This is when the device shows the boot animation, etc then reboots to do it all again to infinity. If this happens, it's typically because of something the end-user has done. Examples include: Applying an incompatible update, incorrectly rooting, etc. This is NOT a normal byproduct of a successfully rooted device.

Security
protect-phone.jpg

There is an increased risk of unknowingly installing malicious software when you root an Android device. Root access circumvents the security restrictions that are put in place by the Android OS. There isn’t really an effective way to tell just what the application intends to do with that “superuser” power. You are putting a lot of trust into the developer’s hands. In most cases, these applications are open source and the community can take a look at the source code to assess the risk. But, nevertheless, the risk is there.

Fortunately, malicious software on rooted devices hasn’t really been a problem as of yet. But I thought it was worth mentioning since this could be a potential risk in the future. I’d recommend installing an Anti-Virus and Security App just to be safe. Lookout Mobile Security seems to be one of the best ones available at the moment.

Can I Unroot my device if I change my mind?

Yes. You would need to do some research for your specific type of device.

How do I learn how to root my device?

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to teach someone how to root their Android device. Each device has a unique method to rooting and some research most be done on your part. Have fun and good luck to all of you! I hope you found this lesson on rooting to be helpful.

Sa ngayon wala akong idea kung paano niroo-root ang I9305 at wala akong idea kung same procedure yung pag root ng I9305 sa I9300. Thread kasi 'to for I9300. Search ka lang muna sa google tas balik ka dito kung wala kang mahanap. Tutulungan ka namin para ma root phone mo kung mag roo-root ka. Good luck! :salute:

last question sir nung pinaste ko obb files ng modern combat 4 sa obb folder sa phone internal memory eh ayaw gumana.. sa s2 ko gumana dati bakit kaya ?

Sa PDA din po ilalagay yung kernel. Kung pano mo po iflash yung rom ganun din po sa kernel. Flash mo po after nung 4.1.2

sir question tama po ba naDL ko na kernel boot.img ung file nya 5mb?? i-unrar ko ba po siya or rar kona na iput sa PDA?

ano po bang dapat ko icheck para maensure na safe sa SDS yung S3? nabanggit kasi sa isang site na kahit 4.1.2 eh di pa rin safe..

Inexplain sa ibang forum na nabasa ko..
If you have all the latest updates you should be fine.

Stock:

All 4.1.2 official releases (stock) include a Kernel, bootloader and recovery with the Update 7 "Fixes" (or newer) applied. If you have 4.1.2, officially consider yourself "Safe".

If you rooted a 4.1.2 stock ROM, you will also be safe, however - if you changed to a custom kernel or recovery, you need to look at the below custom sections to ensure your kernel or recovery are listed as safe.

The below official kernels were tested, but we no longer need to test. All 4.1.2 (stock) kernels and newer have fixes.

* XXELKC
* XXELL1
* XXELL4
* XXELL5
* XXELL6
* XXELLA
* XXELLB
* XXELLC

Fix v1

Please note, you may experience freezes and /or reboots using a Fix v1 ROM (Well actually kernel that is included in this ROM). Essentially any Stock 4.1.2 ROM between:

LKC and MA2
Which means:
2012 November revision 12 and 2013 January Revision 2

...may experience freezes due to the way the fix works. This is annoying but better a freeze than a motherboard replacement.

Fix v2

From what appears to be Update 8 sources (MB1 onwards), the fix seems to be much better with far fewer freezes. I haven't included the MR* vodafone ROMS because who knows? They don't follow the standard naming convention. All I can say is MR2 came out when MBx was around (B = February) but is still only fix v1

People who have never rooted need not read any further. Essentially, if you have an official, never rooted 4.1.2 ROM, you're "safe"

para macheck mo kung safe ka sa sds, download mo lang yung emmc check sa google play. :thumbsup:

Ahhh ganun po ba sir geh po wait ko muna ung release :) stock rom muna ako thanks sa info sir :salute:

sige, mag popost na lang ako if ever release na yung 4.2.2. :salute:

Updated siguro yang sayo, kasi yung sakin alam ko hindi safe, luma yung bootloader kaya di ako nag fflash sa pc, pero sds safe yung recovery ko kya di ko pa naexperience yang sds.

sa tingin ko nga tol updated yung sakin. nag Custom ROM din ako dati kaso may mga minor bugs kasi akong napansin na hindi ko nagustuhan kaya ibinalik ko ng Stock tsaka ko na lang niroot.

sir pano po iflash ung kernel?? tsaka po after ko mag flash ng 4.1.2 or before??

after mo mag flash ng ROM, tsaka mo palang ifaflash yung kernel. How to flash kernel :salute:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom