Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[PETS] Reptile lovers anyone?

Veslyre

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi! I own 4 leopard geckos, planning to get myself a blue-tongued skink if I have a big enough enclosure. :)

Here's an image of all four.
View attachment 274532
From left to right, down to left:
Cheese > Taco \/
Lemon < Popcorn :D

Are you also a reptile pet owner? Reply on this thread! :D

Attachments

• leos.jpg
    leos.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 18
parang okay mag alaga ng ganyan ah :think: ^,..,^

- - - Updated - - -

parang okay mag alaga ng ganyan ah :think:^,..,^

- - - Updated - - -

parang okay mag alaga ng ganyan ah :think: ^,..,^

ts ilang months old na ung mga leopard gecko mo? ang papayat nung dalawa sir. read more about care sheets and diets nila. kawawa naman. I used to keep LGs and I quit just a couple of years ago, sa tail palang ng leopard gecko malalaman mo kung healty sila, ung tails ng 2 pets mo super skinny.

ts ilang months old na ung mga leopard gecko mo? ang papayat nung dalawa sir. read more about care sheets and diets nila. kawawa naman. I used to keep LGs and I quit just a couple of years ago, sa tail palang ng leopard gecko malalaman mo kung healty sila, ung tails ng 2 pets mo super skinny.

Yes, this was the time that Lemon was still sick.
She tends to be very anorexic at some point in the year then reverts to eating normally.
She's growing fatter now :) (BTW she's also an enigma)
As for Popcorn, yes, (s)he is also not so fat because (s)he too is a bit anorexic.
(s)he because I still don't know the gender but I think Popcorn is a girl :)
As for Taco and Cheese, they both just LOVE to eat, feeding them is a joy :) :D
I feed them all by hand, to avoid the feeders gnawing off their body parts. I hold the worm down with a good pair of tweezers and BAM they attack ;)

In terms of age, Lemon and Cheese are quite old (both are just rescue leopard geckos so date of hatch is unknown), Taco about a year and a half old and Popcorn under a year. :)

ano ba foods nila?

They eat superworms (since that's the easiest for me to find and care for) but if you care for reptiles your menu for them wouldn't be limited to that :)

You could feed them:
- mealworms
- superworms
- crickets
- dubia roaches
- waxworms (only as a treat)
- grub pie (only in special circumstances)

Last edited:
They eat superworms (since that's the easiest for me to find and care for) but if you care for reptiles your menu for them wouldn't be limited to that

You could feed them:
- mealworms
- superworms
- crickets
- dubia roaches
- waxworms (only as a treat)
- grub pie (only in special circumstances)

I see. exotic talaga sila. once palang ako nakakita/nakahawak
and theyre cute haha

sabi sakin ng kaibigan ko, ingatan ko daw yung paghawak dahil baka maputol yung buntot (ang taba kasi medyo mabigat)

so napuputol talaga buntot nila?

I see. exotic talaga sila. once palang ako nakakita/nakahawak
and theyre cute haha

sabi sakin ng kaibigan ko, ingatan ko daw yung paghawak dahil baka maputol yung buntot (ang taba kasi medyo mabigat)

so napuputol talaga buntot nila?

Yup! They only release their tails when they sense danger, I have handled them very often and they have not released their tails at me.
Releasing their tails is a defense mechanism -- when in the wild instead of dying, they sacrifice their tails to make an escape from a predator.
If no one eats the tail however, the gecko can always come back to consume the tail.
Their tails act as a storage of food too, other than being used for defense. :)

hindi ko kaya mag alaga nyan buti kapa ts :eek:

Yup! They only release their tails when they sense danger, I have handled them very often and they have not released their tails at me.
Releasing their tails is a defense mechanism -- when in the wild instead of dying, they sacrifice their tails to make an escape from a predator.
If no one eats the tail however, the gecko can always come back to consume the tail.
Their tails act as a storage of food too, other than being used for defense. :)

ahh ganun pala yun haha. thanks sa info
baka magalaga ako nyan pag nakaluwag ^_^

may papeles pa po ba pag gustong mg alaga nian? dba po bawal mg alaga nian?

Nope no papers needed.
The kind of lizard you're pertaining to is the Tokay gecko which is prohibited to be cared for as a pet in the Philippines due to the decline in number.
This is a Tokay gecko >> View attachment 276245
This is a Leopard gecko >> View attachment 276246
A Leopard gecko, totally different species :)

Attachments

• tockay_gecko_01L.jpg
    tockay_gecko_01L.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 475503678.jpg
    475503678.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom