Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Programmers in UAE

Hi T.s, well i would say, marami akong natutunan from your little advices, and your story was truly inspiring. Dream ko rin kasi mag work abroad, I'm a 4-yr BSCS graduate last 2013, i'm not really much of a proggrammer. kya mas pinush ko yung carreer ko more on IT related job. anyways thanks you so much and have a great day there in UAE.

ilang work years experienced ba ang need para mgapply sa dubai?

ilang work years experienced ba ang need para mgapply sa dubai?

I would recommend at least 2 years para may advantage ka against sa fresh grad ng Dubai. They will still treat you as entry level position but at least when they compare your CV and a fresh grad CV from Dubai, you have a plus on experience.

Dubai graduates are way ahead of Philippine graduates. They use the latest technology and are knowledgeable about the technology that they use.

My school thought me a lot of theories during college, but these guys had a lot of real time application.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Working po ako somewhere in Mckinley Hills, Taguig as Web Application Security Consultant. Mag-iisang taon pa lang po ako sa August 01. hmmmm. Meron po kaya akong chance makapag work sa Dubai? Meron po bang company dyan na nagpeperform ng Vulnerability Assessments?

Nice thread TS.
btw isa ako sa mga comp. sci. graduate na naligaw ng career pero until now gsto ko pa rin maging programmer.
I am planning to enroll a programming subject, ano kaya ang magandang pag-aralan ngaun na language?

TS, nasa dubai ako ngayon nagtatrabaho. naghahanap nga ako ng work na web developer kaso ang hirap. hehe. pede pa pm kung saan ka nagwowork? graphic designer ako ngayon dito sa dubai.

BSIT grad din ako at hopefully makapagabroad din ako someday, father ko ay nasa dubai pati yung mga pinsan ko, sana makasunod din ako hehe. sa ngayon 4 months pa lang ako bilang programmer, ios developer. Sana kapag naka 2yrs experience na ako ay indemand jan ts hehe

Nice thread TS.
btw isa ako sa mga comp. sci. graduate na naligaw ng career pero until now gsto ko pa rin maging programmer.
I am planning to enroll a programming subject, ano kaya ang magandang pag-aralan ngaun na language?

If you want to be an android developer, study Java.

If you want to be an IOS developer, study Objective C or Swift.

I am a C# developer, but I would recommend Phyton and Javascript for web development. I don't usually recommend something I have not used yet but Python is one of the popular language here in UAE and the company that use them are those young googly type companies. Javascript is covering a lot of ground lately because of Node.js and it's fuckin amazing when you use NoSql (mongoDB) with it. :)

But of course if you want to use the industry standards PHP, C#, C++ and Java has been withstanding the test of time.

Here's something that might help you decide. http://imgur.com/MD1JweO

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Working po ako somewhere in Mckinley Hills, Taguig as Web Application Security Consultant. Mag-iisang taon pa lang po ako sa August 01. hmmmm. Meron po kaya akong chance makapag work sa Dubai? Meron po bang company dyan na nagpeperform ng Vulnerability Assessments?

Hi Poldo, hindi ako aware sa market nyo bro eh. Try to check https://www.linkedin.com/ and don't forget to create your profile if you want to join a competitive company.

If you want the job to find you. Please keep your linkedin profile updated.

I've been receiving messages and calls from head hunter lately. This is because I've been active in linkedin for the past 6 months. I'm always updating my profile, adding a lot of connections, liking posts and sharing posts. Kaya siguro nag appear profile ko sa search nila.

I added a lot of CEO, CTO, mga nasa IT industry and HR's.
syempre, pag trabaho nakahanap sayo mas may karapatan ka to ask for the salary that you want.

I hope this is helpful. I wish you good luck with your career.

BSIT grad din ako at hopefully makapagabroad din ako someday, father ko ay nasa dubai pati yung mga pinsan ko, sana makasunod din ako hehe. sa ngayon 4 months pa lang ako bilang programmer, ios developer. Sana kapag naka 2yrs experience na ako ay indemand jan ts hehe

Don't worry Ramonc2, I don't think apple will be out of business in the next couple of years. :)

So while you are working in PH, the best thing you can do is invest in yourself, get international certifications, join meetups and win startup competitions.

Don't forget to create your linkedin profile, maybe google will find your profile there. ;)

Hey guys this is also a great website to get updates on IT trends in the Philippines. http://webgeek.ph/

Last edited:
AKO PO BSIT and im working here at philippines as I.T Administrator malapit na ako mag 1 year tapos kkuha pa ako ng isang experience for being system administator naman and para makapunta jan sa dubai maganda po ba plano ko ka ts? bali kaka graduate ko lang last year

Magandang araw mga boss.

Dati akong programmer pero nag decide ako mag shift ng networking after 6mos of exp as a programmer sa bank nag take naman ako ng CCNA exam, and luckily I passed the exam. At ngayon kakastart ko palang ng work ko as CCNA as at Network Admin.

Tanong ko lang mga ilang taong exp kaya need ko ma gain para makapagwork ako jan in an IT field kahit kahit sa hindi muna sa networking basta IT?

TIA :salute:

guys need help hanap ako job sa Dubai please kahit pang office lang haaay

AKO PO BSIT and im working here at philippines as I.T Administrator malapit na ako mag 1 year tapos kkuha pa ako ng isang experience for being system administator naman and para makapunta jan sa dubai maganda po ba plano ko ka ts? bali kaka graduate ko lang last year

Yup. I think that is a good plan. and while doing do that, keep building your profile sa linkedIn and attend a lot of seminars. You can start applying for a job while you are still there. Just make sure that when you get here in Dubai, you already made up your mind on what job you want take. Don't be like other Filipino's here that when you ask them what job are they looking for, they will tell you "Kahit ano". When someone tells me that, I know they are going to have a hard time here abroad.

- - - Updated - - -

Magandang araw mga boss.

Dati akong programmer pero nag decide ako mag shift ng networking after 6mos of exp as a programmer sa bank nag take naman ako ng CCNA exam, and luckily I passed the exam. At ngayon kakastart ko palang ng work ko as CCNA as at Network Admin.

Tanong ko lang mga ilang taong exp kaya need ko ma gain para makapagwork ako jan in an IT field kahit kahit sa hindi muna sa networking basta IT?

TIA :salute:

I would recommend at least 2 years experience. That will give you the basic skills that you need to pass the interview and give you an advantage against fresh graduates of UAE.

You can start applying for a job while you are still in Phil. Start with building your LinkedIn profile. Check what are the common skills that are being asked in the job posting in LinkedIn. That CCNA will be a good advantage.

You should already make up your mind on what job you want take here. Don't be like other Filipino's here that when you ask them what job are they looking for, they will tell you "Kahit ano". When someone tells me that, I know they are going to have a hard time here abroad.

Last edited:
Yup. I think that is a good plan. and while doing do that, keep building your profile sa linkedIn and attend a lot of seminars. You can start applying for a job while you are still there. Just make sure that when you get here in Dubai, you already made up your mind on what job you want take. Don't be like other Filipino's here that when you ask them what job are they looking for, they will tell you "Kahit ano". When someone tells me that, I know they are going to have a hard time here abroad.

- - - Updated - - -

I would recommend at least 2 years experience. That will give you the basic skills that you need to pass the interview and give you an advantage against fresh graduates of UAE.

You can start applying for a job while you are still in Phil. Start with building your LinkedIn profile. Check what are the common skills that are being asked in the job posting in LinkedIn. That CCNA will be a good advantage.

You should already make up your mind on what job you want take here. Don't be like other Filipino's here that when you ask them what job are they looking for, they will tell you "Kahit ano". When someone tells me that, I know they are going to have a hard time here abroad.

Salamat sir sa advice.. haha looking forward na makarating din ako jan.

Mga programmer na nasa UAE. Gawa tayo ng organization natin. I've been attending a lot of IT events here in Dubai lately but I wasn't able to meet any other filipino's yet. which is kinda sad because some of it are major events and should get the attention of the leading software developers. Hopefully I will meet some people here with the same interests.

you can also join this fb group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinoyprogrammersdubai/

sir nanjan pa kayo sa dubai.. baka may alam kang nagtuturo ng networking and cabling pati pag set up ng cctv in demand kase yung work na yan d2 , ngaun work ko d2 di nga lang IT checker ng mobile phone nag apply kse akong IT kaso wlang opening kaya wlang no choice paubos na din visa ko kaya grab ko na lng ang baba nga lng ng sahod kaya nid ko maghanp ng school and bagong work na rin

Mga Sir hanap din ako job apply sana ako kahit office lang talaga.

Back
Top Bottom