Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT

alexisdecastro0014

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody.

I have finally successfully rooted Note 3 N9005 on Android 5.0 Dev Base (DB) only, without tripping knox. The Dev base (DB) is made or compiled by Alexander on OB6 (the latest firmware). It has Multi-CSC feature and hence you will not have to worry about the CSC feature being a reason for holding you back from Rooting Note 3 N9005.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you mess up any of the steps and neither am I responsible for anyone bricking their phone. I have personally tested this step 3 times over to confirm its validity.

UPDATE: We have finally been able to root all LOLLIPOP without dev base. The new guide is on its way. All your data can remain, you will be able to root without having to worry about losing your DATA.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my ROM, you can replace this rom with Alexander's Dev Base in the Instruction Steps and all will be fine.
:: MEGA DOWNLOAD ::
:: DROPBOX DOWNLOAD ::

UPDATE: Added updated Links for Alexander DevBase, Bootloader and CP File.

NOTE: KNOX apps have been disabled by default by Alexander himself. Thank you Alexander.

NOTE: Moderators please move this thread to the right section. Also, please note, I will be giving credits to the original Devs for the rom and the root methods which I used common sense and made them work. All these changes will be released in the final Guide. In a few hours the whole guide with the complete step-by-step procedure will be uploaded here.

NOTE: I have written this guide on my own and have not copied anything from anywhere except the rooting process provided by W0lfDroid. If required, I will remove it and replace it with the link to the page to make it easier. But, in my opinion my steps are simpler

Things you will need.

Precautionary step: Make a backup of your PIT File just in case. You might need it though I had no need for it and its simply taking up a few KBs of Space on my PC

1). Official Stock 4.4.2 Firmware. (Grab it via Sammobile).
2). N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip (Grab it HERE).
3). ODin v3.09. (Grab it HERE).
4). Mobile ODin Pro. (Buy it and support Chainfire).
5). SuperSU 2.46 APK. (Grab it from Google Playstore).
6). Towel Root APK v3 Offline. (Grab it HERE)
6). Device drivers. (My suggestion would be to just install Kies 2 and Kies 3).
7). ADB should be set up and accessible via CMD.
8). Root Kernel
9). Stock Kernel: NF4, NG1, NG2, NH1, NI4, NJ1, NJ2, ZTFUNJ1, NK1
10). [URL="http://shrunklink.com/txpa"]Bootloader File (OEA – Latest as of now).[/URL]
11). CP File (OD3 – Latest as of now).

Credits:
The Root Kernel and Stock Kernels are all credited to W0lfDroid.
SuperSU, Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20 are credited to Chainfire.
DevBase Rom, Bootloader File, CP File are credited to Alexander.
Towel Root is credited to Geohot.

Instructions:

Part 1: Downgrade 5.0 >> 4.4.2 (Skip this if you have 4.4.2 and move over to Part 2).

Procedure:

1). Run ODin v3.09 as Administrator.
2). Unzip the stock rom zip package that you downloaded for 4.4.2 and you will get a ".TAR.MD5" file. That is the one that you require.
3). Attach your phone in “Download Mode”. To enter this mode, turn off your phone. Press and hold POWER + MENU (Home Button) + Volume Down keys. Then a confirmation dialogue will pop up and ask you to continue to enter the mode by pressing the Volume UP key.
4). Click on AP and select the “.TAR.MD5” file extracted.
5). Make sure only "Autoreboot" and "F.Reset Time" are "checked".
6). Flash the Firmware by clicking "Start".
7). Once flashed, let your phone reboot. Should take about 10-15 mins.
NOTE: If your phone doesn't boot up after a considerable amount of time. Turn it off. Pull out the battery. Re-insert the battery and boot your phone into “Recovery Mode” by holding the Power + Menu (Home Button) + Volume UP keys. Wipe your data and cache partitions.
8). Setup your phone but better not connect it to Google/Samsung/Dropbox or any other accounts because you are going to get those wiped again.

Part 2: Rooting Note 3 on 4.4.2 (Skip this is you have a Rooted 4.4.2 phone and move over to Part 3).

Procedure:

Before starting this find your kernel version and build number, the last 3 letters/digits matter such as NG1 or NH1, etc.

Install SUPERSU 2.46 APK

1). Run Odin v3.09 and connect your phone in “Download Mode”
2). Click AP on the ODin screen and navigate and select the file Root Kernel.
3). “Auto-reboot” and “F.Reset Time” are selected and click “Start”.
4). Let it flash and reboot.
5). Install Towel Root v3 Offline APK.
6). Open the Towel Root APK now and tap “Make it rain”.
7). Install SuperSU from Playstore.
8). Update the SU Binary and Disable KNOX.
9). Reboot your phone.
10). Now flash the Stock Kernel, Follow the same steps 1 – 4 but just replace the Root Kernel with the Stock Kernel to allow you to have full functionality as Wi-Fi gets disabled with the root Kernel.

Part 3: Upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop Dev Base Alexander OEA.

Procedure:

1). Install Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20
2). Move the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip to your Internal SD Card.
3). Run Mobile ODIN Pro and choose the option OTA/Zip Update.
4). Select the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip file.
5). Uncheck (untick) the “Everroot” Option.
6). Flash Firmware. If it asks to verify the checksum let it, if it does not then don’t worry.
7). Let Mobile ODIN Pro do it’s thing.
8). The Aroma Installer will pop up. Leave every option as-is. The only extra options we have to select are “Wipe Data” and “Update Stock Recovery”.
9). Let it install.
10). Uncheck (untick) the “Reboot Device” option.
11). If your phone reboots, then let it start up and then DO NOT set up your phone, just hold the power button and turn it off.
12). Enter “Download Mode”.
13). Run ODin v3.09 and click on BL and select the OEA Bootloader File and click on CP and select the OD3 CP File.
14). Make sure Auto-reboot is not checked.
15). Now, hold down the power key and turn off your phone.
16). Boot into “Recovery Mode” by holding the POWER + MENU (HOME BUTTON) + VOLUME UP keys. You will see a msg at the bottom Applying Multi-csc which is essential to prevent your phone from entering boot-loop or crashing after the Samsung LOGO.
17). “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
18). Reboot your phone and set it up. But DO NOT install any app, my opinion or suggestion is not to connect your google account just yet.
19). After the phone has booted, open play store and connect your GMAIL Account and install Root Checker from Playstore.
20). Do not open any app and do not install anything.
21). Turn off your phone and wait for 2 – 5 mins.
22). Turn it back on and open Root Checker and grant it SU permission.
23). Then open SuperSU, update the binary if asked and set it up as you like.
24). Have fun, you now have a Rooted Lollipop 5.0 Phone on the latest Build Number OEAwithout Tripping KNOX​

had anyone tried this yet?

pa feedback po

Back
Top Bottom