Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ROOT/RECOVERY] Sky Vega Racer A760S/A770K with Official ICS 4.0.4 v2.13 and v2.17

forsak3nr3ality

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
[ROOT/RECOVERY] Sky Vega Racer A760S/A770K with Official ICS 4.0.4 v2.13 and v2.17

DISCLAIMER: Use it at your own risk, I will not be responsible if you get your phone bricked or wont turn on. I do not own this files, I was able to successfully root my phone by trial and error and managed to create BAT file for rooting and installing recovery.[/B]

==================================

If you currently have Official ICS 4.0.4 2.13 or v2.17 on your A760S/A770K, Follow the steps below to root and install CWM recovery on your phone. (just choose between PROCESS 1 or PROCESS 2.

Process 1: ROOTING ONLY

DOWNLOAD
LINK: MEDIAFIRE
MIRROR 1: ZIDDU

** if password is required, use forsak3nr3ality

Step 1: Install UniUSBdriver into your computer.

Step 2: Set phone to USB Debugging (Go to Settings>>System>>Developer Options>>USB Debugging) and connect A760S/A770K phone to PC to allow pc for it to recognize the phone

Step 3: Unplug the phone and turn it off ** manually fastboot the phone by pressing volume up&down + power button, once fastboot is up, connect phone to PC again

Step 4: Run root A760S-A770K.bat and wait for it to finish rooting your phone. Your phone will restart and wallllaahhhh, rooted na A760S/A770K mo.

Screenshot_2012-09-26-11-58-07.png
20120926_115742.jpg

Process 2: ROOTING AND CWM RECOVERY

DOWNLOADS
LINK: MEDIAFIRE
MIRROR : MEDIAFIRE
** if password is required, use forsak3nr3ality

For those device that are already ROOTED, just SKIP Step 4.

Step 1: Install UniUSBdriver into your computer.

Step 2: Set phone to USB Debugging (Go to Settings>>System>>Developer Options>>USB Debugging) and connect A760S/A770K phone to PC to allow pc for it to recognize the phone

Step 3: Connect phone to PC.

Step 4: Run [1] ROOT A760S-A770K.bat and wait for it to finish rooting your phone. Your phone will restart and your phone is now rooted. **rooting includes installation of LUCKY PATCHER and TITANIUM BACKUP PRO

Step 5: Run [2] Touch-Recovery.bat and wait for it to finish installing CWM RECOVERY on your phone. Your phone will restart and your now has CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0.

INSTALLING JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10)

DOWNLOADS
CM10 PART1: Cm10_8_20.zip.part01
CM10 PART2: Cm10_8_20.zip.part02

You can download other custom roms like CM10, JELLYBAM and etc for pantech phones on this website: http://mizal.net/pantech/

Step 1: Download Cm10_8_20.zip and save it into your sd card.

Step 2: Boot your phone to recovery mode by pressing Vol Dwn + Search + Pwr

Step 3:Once your phone is on CWM Recovery perform the following steps
>> Wipe Data/Factory Reset
>> Wipe Cache
>> Wipe Dalvilk Cache
>> Format /System
>> Format /Cache
>> Format /Data
>> Install CM10_8_20.zip from sd card
>> Wipe Battery Stats
>> Fix permissions

Step 4: After doing all of the above steps, REBOOT your phone and enjoy your Jellybean 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10).:excited::excited::excited:

** 80 character sms limit FIXED
** no more korean chars and apps
** better battery consumption
** very fast procesing

**NOTE**
The files and processes also applies to A760S, naROOT ko din ung A760S ng girlfriend ko.

20130208_152935.jpg

20130208_160225.jpg

20130208_160232.jpg

20130208_160204.jpg

JUST IN CASE YOU GUYS WANTS TO REVERT YOUR PHONE BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL ROM, YOU CAN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

To go into Soft/Ware download mode
1. Turn of phone
2. Simultaneously press: VOLUME UP + MENU + POWER
3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen

To upgrade firmware back to version 1.47, you first need to have the UniUSBdriver installed on your computer.

4. After you have installed the driver, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly (this is while your phone is in S/W download mode). But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.
Code:
>settings
>applications
>development
>usb debugging (must be checked)

5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v8 or v9, proceed to this page:
http://dmfileidc.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html
Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.

6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Underneath that phrase is a clickable rectangular PINK box. If that box is instead colored gray with a rotating circle, that might mean ACTIVE X did not load or install properly. Or you might be using a different browser or maybe something else. Notice the GRAY box is NOT clickable.

7. Clicking the PINK box will turn it into a progressing lavender bar. At this point, connect the A760S/A770K to the computer. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.

There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is.

Source: xda-dev

Enjoy guys.

For more info about other steps on rooting for other pantech smartphones, visit Sky Vega Android Smartphones [OFFICIAL THREAD]

It took me days and hours to search for working files and make a compilation for this tut. But it will only take a second for you to say THANKS.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: [ROOT] Sky Vega Racer A760S/A770K with Official ICS 4.0.4 v2.13

Astig ! eto din ung same po ng procedure ng sa TCP tama po ?

Astig ! eto din ung same po ng procedure ng sa TCP tama po ?

opo. ginawan ko lng ng thread for faster search

Thank you sir in advance... :salute:
Try ko i-root fone ko mya sa haus...
Sana maroot ko rin fone ko...

sir ask ko lang kung bakit po nag failed yung pagdetect ng device ko nung nakafastboot mode na yung fone at kinonek ko yung usb? ano po dapat ko gawin nun? thanks po...

sir ask ko lang kung bakit po nag failed yung pagdetect ng device ko nung nakafastboot mode na yung fone at kinonek ko yung usb? ano po dapat ko gawin nun? thanks po...

sir you need to manually set the phone in fastboot mode.

sir you need to manually set the phone in fastboot mode.

yun po ba yung pagka-off ng fone press volume up-down + power button? ginawa ko na po yun tapos lumabas po yung white screen tapos nakalagay fastboot mode... pagkaconnect ko nung usb connector sabi usb not recognized... naka-enable din po yung usb debugging at nadetect din po ng pc ko bago ko pinower off yung fone...

Sir gaano po ba katagal ipi-press yung volume up-down + power buttons? kc paglabas nung white screen na may fastboot mode na nakasulat nire-release ko na buttons eh...

Last edited:

yun po ba yung pagka-off ng fone press volume up-down + power button? ginawa ko na po yun tapos lumabas po yung white screen tapos nakalagay fastboot mode... pagkaconnect ko nung usb connector sabi usb not recognized... naka-enable din po yung usb debugging at nadetect din po ng pc ko bago ko pinower off yung fone...

Sir gaano po ba katagal ipi-press yung volume up-down + power buttons? kc paglabas nung white screen na may fastboot mode na nakasulat nire-release ko na buttons eh...

have you tried using a different usb cable?

Sir thanks sa tut ninyo.:clap:

Sir salamat po sa guide nyo!

Eto po ang nagamit ko pang root sa a760s ko na 4.0.4 na v2.21

Ang problema ko nalang ay yung 80 character SMS limit baka po meron ka rin guide para don.

Salamat!

thank you....:dance:thank you....:dance:thank you....:dance:thank you....:dance:thank you....very much ts.,..
na root ko narin yung 760s ko...thank you:dance::clap:
(saya mo ah)

boss paturo nmn sa im-a800s 4.0.4 ics

ts...help naman oh...
naroot ko na yung sky vega racer ko. kaso nung tinry kong palitan yung boot animation nya ayaw nang gumana yung animation instead of a beautiful boot animation ang nakikita ko , black sya pero anjan parin yung sound...pwdi bang makahingi ng back-up ng yung bootanimation.zip? d ko kasi naback-up eh....sensya na...thanks in advance,...

up:clap::clap:

may problema po ako sir.naka debug mode na po ta's naka fastboot mode na pag ka plug ko ng usb, d pa rin narerecognize....plz help or gawa po kyo ng video... tnx :noidea:

Anu po bang custom Firmware pwede natin ipalit sa stock nang Sky vega. Nakakairita yung korean keyboard saka SMS character limit diba? :D 4.0.4 na rin ako v 2.21 rooted using Forsakenreality's method. Maraming salamat :)

I SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED MY IM-A770K!!!

I have Official ICS 4.0.4 v2.13 on my A770K.
It only took less than 5mins to root.

**NOTE**
The files and process also applies to A760S, naROOT ko din ung A760S ng girlfriend ko.

20120926_115742.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-26-11-58-07.png

DISCLAIMER:[/b] Use it at your own risk, I will not be responsible if you get your phone bricked or wont turn on. I do not own this files, I was able to successfully root my phone by trial and error and managed to create BAT file for rooting.

RECOVERY FILES are not included, this are just for rooting your phone. (Recovery files and instructions will be posted later in the future. Para hindi kayo maconfuse sa mga halo halong files.)

Fix for 80 char sms. I was able to make it work but just until 143 characters. (still making instructions for this).

DOWNLOAD
LINK: MEDIAFIRE ** if password is required, use forsak3nr3ality

MIRROR 1: ZIDDU
MIRROR 2: still uploading...

Enjoy guys.

For more info about other steps on rooting, visit Sky Vega Android Smartphones [OFFICIAL THREAD]

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my sky vega racer im-a760s is roooooooooted :excited:
and please can you tell me which rom is the best to sky vega racer im-a760s

help!.......:help:help!.......help!.......help!.......help!.......help!.......help!.......help!.......
na brick ang a760s ko....ayaw nyang magrecover....ayaw magwipe....
ang sabi:"android_secure.... can't format.....skipping format...."
help..:help:help!.......:help:help!.......:help:help!.......:help:

successfully rooted my phone. kng my prob sa driver gnto gwin neu.. pnthan neu device manager tpos my anroid n device dun n kulay yellow kasi wlang driver ang gwin neu uninstall neu un driver nun tpos scan new hardware changes tpos un dpt connected kayo sa internet pra hnpn nea sa windows update un driver nea after nun pwd na :) ean gnwa ko boss kasi my error dn sa driver e :) anyways ntnggl b sms limit?

Back
Top Bottom