Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Rooting Cherry Mobile Cosmos One (aka "C1")

dothackjhe

The Loyalist
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Space Stone
Mind Stone
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Cherry-Mobile-Cosmos-One.png

Cherry-Mobile-Cosmos-One.jpg

Cosmos-One_2.jpg

If you are just like us who own this wonderful unit, chances are you were also looking for a means to root your very own Cherry Mobile Cosmos One (C1) unit just like most of us did. While there were accounts that some of the most conventional ways of of rooting previous Android smartphone units works the same way with Cherry Mobile Cosmos One, none of them worked for me until I followed these steps below:

[Tutorial] Rooting and TWRP Custom Recovery for V7 Users
By Rhonzen Allen Manaog​

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk! Though this method worked for me and for other group members, I cannot fully guarantee that it will have the same result. I will not be held liable if anything happens to your beloved phone.

Please read carefully and make sure to follow the process. Don't skip steps!

Tools needed:

- TWRP - http://????????rdNNF

- Kinguser - https://www.facebook.com/download/648940518556573/Kinguser.zip

- Root Explorer - http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/793818/file.html

- Save the zip files in your SD card.

1. Install TWRP
- To go to recovery mode, connect your C1 to a power source then press and hold power + volume up buttons simultaneously . Release immediately after the Cosmos One logo shows up.
- You will see the Android logo with a 'No Command' message. Press the power button to go to the menu. Use the power up button to scroll thru the options. Look for 'Install from SD card' and choose using the power down button.
*From personal experience, my C1 unit uses the vol+ button to choose an option while the vol- is used to scroll through the options available. I only needed to press the power button after having got to the point where the "No Command" message popped up just to get to the recovery menu.
- Locate the TWRP zip file and install. Wait for the prompt that confirms success.
- DO NOT CHOOSE REBOOT! C1 has a script that will revert to stock recovery after rebooting. REMOVE THE BATTERY to turn off the phone.

2. Install Kinguser (Root)
- Go to TWRP (same process as going to stock recovery). Press 'Install' and locate the Kinguser zip.
- Aftet installing, again, DO NOT CHOOSE REBOOT! Remove the battery to turn off the phone.
- Now you can turn ON your phone!

3. Remove the script.
- Using ES File Explorer or Root Browser, go to Device then system and look for install-recovery-from-boot.p. (recovery-from-boot.p. ) Delete this script.
*I personally used Root Browser installed from Google Play for this step.

YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED YOUR C1!

CREDITS:

Mad Pencil for the Tutorial.
Jonathan Agsunod for the TWRP file.
Krass Mercado for the Kinguser file.

Facebook Page: Cherry Mobile Cosmos 1 ( One ) UNITED™

Original source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/cher...custom-recovery-for-v7-users/1560037490895888

Attachments

• Cherry-Mobile-Cosmos-One.png
    Cherry-Mobile-Cosmos-One.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
paupdate po ng links. di ko kasi madownload yung required files. zip po kung pwede para isa nalang lahat

anybody tried kingroot for this cosmos one some say's it is working ,,..

may rom po kau sa cosmos z po? help naman po

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom