Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Sony Xperia Z Users Thread

New firmware for Xperia Z
10.3.1.A.0.244

Belguim
Part 1
Part 2

source: xda forums

source: xperiaguide

will update my post on first page for this new firmware link. will flash this pag di na ako busy... dami pa work today. :p

note from DoomLord: word of advice rooted users SHOULD NOT FLASH THIS DIRECTLY. use OTA RootKeeper or something. perf_event root exploit is patched.

someone said it fixed battery level bug since it got updated kernel. :-) dl it now

Just updated mine to 10.3.1.A.0.244 and rooted it via this method.

-Album, Walkman, Movies app updated to latest version.
-Album is very fluid. NO lag at all.
-Walkman has gapless playback. Improved lay-out.
-Movies (haven't used it really)
-NEW KERNEL. Fixes previous bugs esp. battery level bug.
-....haven't checked everything that's new yet.

I highly recommend to update your firmwares to .244 :)

Last edited:
Just updated mine to 10.3.1.A.0.244 and rooted it via this method.

-Album, Walkman, Movies app updated to latest version.
-Album is very fluid. NO lag at all.
-Walkman has gapless playback. Improved lay-out.
-Movies (haven't used it really)
-NEW KERNEL. Fixes previous bugs esp. battery level bug.
-....haven't checked everything that's new yet.

I highly recommend to update your firmwares to .244 :)

thanks for the link and feedback :thumbsup:

updated na rin ako and rooted

can't test my phone yet of improvements... still downloading torrents eh... pagkatapos na lang :lol:

ako din, :D updated and rooted na rin...bumilis yung touch sensitivity niya..ayus toh :D

hello brothers and sisters..:)

Just bought an Xperia Z.

Itong Symbianize agad ang naisip kong site na makakatulong sakin (and i hope it will).

Mabuhay!

anyways, ano po bang una kong dapat gawin para mamaximize ko yung gamit nito?

Thanks. :salute:

hello brothers and sisters..:)

Just bought an Xperia Z.

Itong Symbianize agad ang naisip kong site na makakatulong sakin (and i hope it will).

Mabuhay!

anyways, ano po bang una kong dapat gawin para mamaximize ko yung gamit nito?

Thanks. :salute:

:welcome: sir...

san mo nabili sir?
anung fw na bah yan? update mo muna sa latest update ngayun, tapos eroot mo na agad :rofl:

mga boss pahelp naman po kakabili lang kasi ng pinsan ko ng XZ, iuupdate at iroot ko sana
Build Number: 10.1.A.1.434
Android Version: 4.1.2
Model Number: C6603

pa advice naman po mga master .. salamat ..

may change logs pala ng .244 na firmware sa gsmarena

Sony updates Xperia Z and Xperia ZL, improves performance

New firmware updates are now available for the Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL. Both new ROMs bring similar improvements over the system, signal and touch sensitivity, bug fixes and are still based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
There is no official change log on the updates, but some users have already compiled a list of all the notable changes.
  • Smoother Boot animation
  • Efficient RAM management
  • Home launcher is smoother, no more lag
  • Update Center has new UI
  • 3G Signal strength improved
  • Improved touch response
  • Faster sleep and wake
  • Low-light image quality improved
  • Changes in car mode app
  • High resolution image snapping while recording a non-HDR video
  • No screen flickering
  • No unusual battery reading bug

Our tipster mentions unusual heating when running the AnTuTu benchmark, but there's no confirmation of that from other sources.
The updates are available both over-the-air and via the Sony PC companion.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Sony recently updated the Xperia Z and ZL with Android 4.2.2 but the ROM contained some bugs and it seems Sony was working hard to fix them as fast as possible. As you can see some new features made it with the update as well that weren't probably ready in time for the previous 4.2.2 major update.
Anyway, it's good to see Sony is taking good care of its flagships and is pushing faster than ever firmware updates.
Thank you, Jean Bassil, for a great tip!

source: gsmarena

Pasali naman po ako dito. Hehe

Kakabili ko lang ng nitong first android phone ko nung isang araw lang.

Word of warning, if you're on 4.2.2 build .423/.244, don't restart phone at 30% battery. You'll have the infamous battery level bug. Once you restart phone, your battery level reading doubles than the actual battery level then in few minutes, goes back to the actual level. If you experience this, NEVER let the battery drain to 0% or you'll damage you precious unremovable battery.

Unfortunately, .244 didnt fix this serious bug. 4.3 maybe.

Btw, recharge phone overnight to reset battery level reading. Keep it 100% for a few hours to fix the bug.

Last edited:
Word of warning, if you're on 4.2.2 build .423/.244, don't restart phone at 30% battery. You'll have the infamous battery level bug. Once you restart phone, your battery level reading doubles than the actual battery level then in few minutes, goes back to the actual level. If you experience this, NEVER let the battery drain to 0% or you'll damage you precious unremovable battery.

Unfortunately, .244 didnt fix this serious bug. 4.3 maybe.

Btw, recharge phone overnight to reset battery level reading. Keep it 100% for a few hours to fix the bug.

:thsanks: sa info sir...malaking tulong toh para sa iba nating kasamahan dito :thumbsup:

bad news sa Xperia Z natin :weep:

Some Xperia Z owners complain of loose back panels, water resistance compromised

A number of users have been complaining about the back panel glass, which has lifted slightly on one side. Some people are concerned that the phone has lost its water resistance due to the raised panel. For most users it hasn’t caused any issues, but for others it has led to the water resistant indicators on the ports turning red – even if all of the flaps had been closed.

The issue seems to happen either in hot weather or when the phone is being stressed heavily through gaming or other high intensity tasks. This causes the phone to heat up and the theory is that this leads the glue holding the back panel in place to melt. It affects the top half of the handset on the left side – where the Snapdragon chipset resides.

The problem with this type of issue is that Sony repair centres are turning people back, judging by comments on forums. Repair centres have no way of telling if water damage has been caused by a loose back panel or whether someone has inadvertently left a flap open.

People are taking the issue into their own hands by using a hair dryer to melt the glue, push the glass back in, clamp it in place and then wait for the glue to cool down. Others have applied glue externally around the edges as a temporary fix.

We’re not sure how endemic the problem is. If you own a Sony Xperia Z you should carefully check the back of the handset’s glass panel for a potential issue. Let us know in the comments below whether you have a problem or not.

XperiaZbackpanel_7.jpg

source: xperiablog

unfortunately, mukhang apektado na yung sakin... napansin ko na medyo nakaangat na nga yung portion na yun ng phone ko. hindi pa naman singlala ng nasa pictures sa link pero kung titignan mong mabuti, hindi na nga sya pantay sa ibang part ng phone

I've seen posts in xda regarding that problem. matagal na. ngayon lang ata nagbigyan ng pansin ng blogger. sakin is still perfectly intact. siguro, if anyone feels that his/her phone is heating up already, have a break muna. have a kitkat ;)

i'm looking forward on the mhl(5-pin) to hdmi adapter from soon-to-be released by Sony. may nakita ako sa cdr-king kanina pero i'm not sure if it's 5-pin standard. i also can't trust the quality imho.

Uo nga...marami na akong nabasa din na tungkol dyan..sana naman wag mangyari sa Z ko.. :(

Btw, anu bang bago para sa Z natin mga sir? :)

Back
Top Bottom