Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

TIPS ON CAR PAINTING.. kahit anong tanong ukol sa pagpipintura ng car or motorcycle

Re: TIPS ON CAR PAINTING.. kahit anong tanong ukol sa pagpipintura ng car or motorcyc

usually kapag malaki ang bula, malamang butas na ang lata o kinain na ng kalawang, maaari din dahil hindi kumapit yung pintura sa lata o masilya.

kung bubong lang ang pipinturahan ang price niya mga nasa 1500-2000. kung may butas na yung lata kailangan ipalatero, mas mataas na singil dahil babayaran mo pati latero at depende rin sa dami ng butas.

kung mababaw lang ang scratch, maaaring matakpan ng clear, kung malalim, hindi siya mawawala, dapat at masilyahan na at pinturahan.

pwedeng patungan ng clear ang sticker pero hindi gaanong kakapit ang clear sa sticker dahil malambot at flexi ito. kaya mas advisable na hindi dapat patungan ng pintura o clear ang sticker.

gamitin mong sticker yung talagang durable. para kahit hindi pinturahan ay hindi matatanggal agad.

ts maraming tnx ha..laking tulong ng thread mo... god bless

Re: TIPS ON CAR PAINTING.. kahit anong tanong ukol sa pagpipintura ng car or motorcyc

sir ano pong masasabi niyo sa brand na Guilder?

Sa mga pintor, nasa mid class ang brand na GUILDER. Kung hindi ka maselan, pwede na ang brand na yan. Kung gusto mo ng mas quality at durable, kung may budget din lang, RM brand na or the same level price ang bilhin.

ts maraming tnx ha..laking tulong ng thread mo... god bless

you're welcome sir.

:welcome:

thumbs up sir :thumbsup:,..nice thread:salute:,..kahit walei aq sasakyan n ppinturahan eh,..halata sa mga post mo n sincere k at willing k makatulong,..salamat :clap: :dance: :praise:

subscribe muna ts hehhe

thumbs up sir :thumbsup:,..nice thread:salute:,..kahit walei aq sasakyan n ppinturahan eh,..halata sa mga post mo n sincere k at willing k makatulong,..salamat :clap: :dance: :praise:

thanks. sure, i'm willing to share my gift to others. :thumbsup:

subscribe muna ts hehhe

welcome here site mate.

sir ts paisang tanung pa po..bago lang kc kmi s sasakyan eh..pano po ba mag maintain ng sasakyan..hmmmm ano ba gawin na maintenance s 1 month 6 months 1 yir.....tuwing kelan pti pa tune up and anu ba mga oil na nilalagay at kelan.. bka kc mabulok un sasakyan dto.. dpa kc kmi nakakakuha ng non pro..tnx sa advance sir...

sir ts paisang tanung pa po..bago lang kc kmi s sasakyan eh..pano po ba mag maintain ng sasakyan..hmmmm ano ba gawin na maintenance s 1 month 6 months 1 yir.....tuwing kelan pti pa tune up and anu ba mga oil na nilalagay at kelan.. bka kc mabulok un sasakyan dto.. dpa kc kmi nakakakuha ng non pro..tnx sa advance sir...

sa makina, wala akong alam gaano sa pag maintain.

sa pintura, para ma maintain ang ganda ng pintura lalo pa nga at brand new. dapat laging naka silong, direct sunlight ang malakas maka fade ng pintura. mas maganda nga may kulambo pa.

kung ipapa washing, iwasang gumamit ng sabon, dapat tubig lang. pagkatapos ipawashing, punasan ang buong car, lalo na ang mga ilalim kung saan nagpopondo ang tubig, doon nagmumula ang kalawang. pranela ang gamiting basahan, malambot kasi yon ipunas sa car at hindi gagasgas sa pintura.

ito pa ang mga karagdagan, english nga lang:

Wash your car regularly - I'd recommend to do this at least once a month. Things like bugs, bird's dropping, or limestone dripping damage the paint leaving permanent stains if not washed off in time.
In winter time, the chrome wheels and other chrome trim parts could be damaged by corrosion if the vehicle is not washed after driving on the roads when the salt was used. When the car is clean, all the moisture dries up quickly, but when it's dirty, the moisture accumulates in dirty areas causing corrosion.

car_wash1.jpg

At least once in a while use a pressure wash - you can find a pressure wash at self-service coin car wash stations. The pressure was removes the dirt from difficult to reach areas. Don't hold the pressure wash jet too close to the painted surfaces, it can peel off a loose paint. Wash off all the places where the dirt and salt could be accumulated; for example, behind moldings, inside wheel arches, under the bumpers, etc. It's particularly helpful after winter season - to wash out all the salt accumulations that speed up the corrosion process.

Don't forget to wash all the dirt from the windshield. The sand that left out on the windshield gets caught by the windshield wipers blades and scratches the windshield when the wipers are operating. Regularly clean the leaves and other debris from the areas below the windshield and the water channels under the hood and trunk, as the leaves block the water drains and collect the moisture, speeding up the corrosion process and causing a damp smell inside your car.

leaves.jpg

Wax your car regularly. A car wax gives shiny look to your car and helps to shield the paint from harsh environment, protecting it from fading. It takes only about 30 minutes to wax a whole car and high-quality car wax stays on the car for three - four months. So far, I haven't seen a single product that stays for life time as you may have heard in some commercials - nothing lasts forever. In order to maintain protective coat any product needs to be reapplied periodically.

car_wax3a.jpg

How to clean bird droppings:
Bird droppings are very acidic and abrasive. The best way to clean the bird droppings off is to first soak them with water (few drops of soap, if available, will also help) for a few minutes and then just spray them off. The stains left from bird droppings can be buffed off with the fine polishing compound and then covered with car wax. If birds target your car regularly it might be a good idea to keep a spray bottle with water in your car, so you can wash the bird droppings off before they cause stains.

Undercoating and rustproofing your vehicle:
If you live in an area with high humidity, or where the salt use is common in winter months, undercoating and rustproofing can help to protect the car body and chassis components of your car from corrosion. Look at the picture, this is a proportioning valve, part of the brake system. It's located underneath the car and as you can see, it's completely rusted, even though this vehicle is only five years old. This happened because this vehicle was driven in a "rust belt" area with high humidity and lots of salt on the roads in winter. Sometimes later, one of these brake lines can burst and the car will have no brakes.
Properly done undercoating and rustproofing can protect important components of the car from corrosion.

car_rustproof.jpg

How to repair stone chips:
The stone chips if not repaired in time will cause corrosion like in the first photo. That's why it's good idea to repair stone chips as soon as they appear. This one, near the headlight in the second photo is not corroded yet, so I'll try to repair it. The car is clean and dry and I have all I need: the matching spray paint ordered from a dealer and a sharp wooden stick (a toothpick will work as well). After shaking the spray paint very well for a few minutes, I spray very small amount into the cap. Now, I dip the end of the stick into the paint in the cap.

stone-chips-repair3.jpg

First, I'm trying to repair another stone chip in a less visible area to practice. Very carefully, I'm trying to barely fill up the chip without letting the paint to come out. It works. Now I'm doing the same with the chip near the headlight. Now it looks much better and it won't be corroded.

stone-chips-repair4.jpg
stone-chips-repair5.jpg

How to remove paint marks left by other objects:
This mark on the door was made on the parking lot when someone opened the door a bit too wide. If you look very closely it's actually green paint residue over original clearcoat. The clearcoat itself seems to be damaged only slightly. I'll try to remove this mark. All I need for this is ultra-fine 1500-grit or 2000-grit waterproof sandpaper (the higher number stands for the finest abrasive), polishing compound containing mild abrasive (I used the Turtle Wax) and a car wax. Very carefully (I don't want to remove the clearcoat) I sand the marks with wet sandpaper (use only ultra-fine waterproof sandpaper) until all marks are gone. If you have never done it before, try on some small spot to see how it works first.

remove-paint-marks1.jpg
remove-paint-marks2.jpg
remove-paint-marks3.jpg

Now there is no mark, but the clearcoat has lost its shine; I will use polishing compound to make it shiny again. I put small amount of the polishing compound onto the damp sponge and rub well until the clearcoat becomes shiny again.

remove-paint-marks4.jpg
remove-paint-marks5.jpg
remove-paint-marks6.jpg

Last step, I wash out all the polishing compound and buff the area with the car wax. Now, all that's left from the paint mark is a barely visible dent.

remove-paint-marks7.jpg
remove-paint-marks8.jpg
remove-paint-marks9.jpg

Last edited:

sa makina, wala akong alam gaano sa pag maintain.

sa pintura, para ma maintain ang ganda ng pintura lalo pa nga at brand new. dapat laging naka silong, direct sunlight ang malakas maka fade ng pintura. mas maganda nga may kulambo pa.

kung ipapa washing, iwasang gumamit ng sabon, dapat tubig lang. pagkatapos ipawashing, punasan ang buong car, lalo na ang mga ilalim kung saan nagpopondo ang tubig, doon nagmumula ang kalawang. pranela ang gamiting basahan, malambot kasi yon ipunas sa car at hindi gagasgas sa pintura.

ito pa ang mga karagdagan, english nga lang:

Wash your car regularly - I'd recommend to do this at least once a month. Things like bugs, bird's dropping, or limestone dripping damage the paint leaving permanent stains if not washed off in time.
In winter time, the chrome wheels and other chrome trim parts could be damaged by corrosion if the vehicle is not washed after driving on the roads when the salt was used. When the car is clean, all the moisture dries up quickly, but when it's dirty, the moisture accumulates in dirty areas causing corrosion.

car_wash1.jpg

At least once in a while use a pressure wash - you can find a pressure wash at self-service coin car wash stations. The pressure was removes the dirt from difficult to reach areas. Don't hold the pressure wash jet too close to the painted surfaces, it can peel off a loose paint. Wash off all the places where the dirt and salt could be accumulated; for example, behind moldings, inside wheel arches, under the bumpers, etc. It's particularly helpful after winter season - to wash out all the salt accumulations that speed up the corrosion process.

Don't forget to wash all the dirt from the windshield. The sand that left out on the windshield gets caught by the windshield wipers blades and scratches the windshield when the wipers are operating. Regularly clean the leaves and other debris from the areas below the windshield and the water channels under the hood and trunk, as the leaves block the water drains and collect the moisture, speeding up the corrosion process and causing a damp smell inside your car.

leaves.jpg

Wax your car regularly. A car wax gives shiny look to your car and helps to shield the paint from harsh environment, protecting it from fading. It takes only about 30 minutes to wax a whole car and high-quality car wax stays on the car for three - four months. So far, I haven't seen a single product that stays for life time as you may have heard in some commercials - nothing lasts forever. In order to maintain protective coat any product needs to be reapplied periodically.

car_wax3a.jpg

How to clean bird droppings:
Bird droppings are very acidic and abrasive. The best way to clean the bird droppings off is to first soak them with water (few drops of soap, if available, will also help) for a few minutes and then just spray them off. The stains left from bird droppings can be buffed off with the fine polishing compound and then covered with car wax. If birds target your car regularly it might be a good idea to keep a spray bottle with water in your car, so you can wash the bird droppings off before they cause stains.

Undercoating and rustproofing your vehicle:
If you live in an area with high humidity, or where the salt use is common in winter months, undercoating and rustproofing can help to protect the car body and chassis components of your car from corrosion. Look at the picture, this is a proportioning valve, part of the brake system. It's located underneath the car and as you can see, it's completely rusted, even though this vehicle is only five years old. This happened because this vehicle was driven in a "rust belt" area with high humidity and lots of salt on the roads in winter. Sometimes later, one of these brake lines can burst and the car will have no brakes.
Properly done undercoating and rustproofing can protect important components of the car from corrosion.

car_rustproof.jpg

How to repair stone chips:
The stone chips if not repaired in time will cause corrosion like in the first photo. That's why it's good idea to repair stone chips as soon as they appear. This one, near the headlight in the second photo is not corroded yet, so I'll try to repair it. The car is clean and dry and I have all I need: the matching spray paint ordered from a dealer and a sharp wooden stick (a toothpick will work as well). After shaking the spray paint very well for a few minutes, I spray very small amount into the cap. Now, I dip the end of the stick into the paint in the cap.

stone-chips-repair3.jpg

First, I'm trying to repair another stone chip in a less visible area to practice. Very carefully, I'm trying to barely fill up the chip without letting the paint to come out. It works. Now I'm doing the same with the chip near the headlight. Now it looks much better and it won't be corroded.

stone-chips-repair4.jpg
stone-chips-repair5.jpg

How to remove paint marks left by other objects:
This mark on the door was made on the parking lot when someone opened the door a bit too wide. If you look very closely it's actually green paint residue over original clearcoat. The clearcoat itself seems to be damaged only slightly. I'll try to remove this mark. All I need for this is ultra-fine 1500-grit or 2000-grit waterproof sandpaper (the higher number stands for the finest abrasive), polishing compound containing mild abrasive (I used the Turtle Wax) and a car wax. Very carefully (I don't want to remove the clearcoat) I sand the marks with wet sandpaper (use only ultra-fine waterproof sandpaper) until all marks are gone. If you have never done it before, try on some small spot to see how it works first.

remove-paint-marks1.jpg
remove-paint-marks2.jpg
remove-paint-marks3.jpg

Now there is no mark, but the clearcoat has lost its shine; I will use polishing compound to make it shiny again. I put small amount of the polishing compound onto the damp sponge and rub well until the clearcoat becomes shiny again.

remove-paint-marks4.jpg
remove-paint-marks5.jpg
remove-paint-marks6.jpg

Last step, I wash out all the polishing compound and buff the area with the car wax. Now, all that's left from the paint mark is a barely visible dent.

remove-paint-marks7.jpg
remove-paint-marks8.jpg
remove-paint-marks9.jpg

ah ok..ts.. slamat.. kaparehas pa ng car dto sa bahay un example mo hehe.. nid ko kc maintenance kc d masyado magamit car dto.. bka masira..

I painted my APAD tablet :) nagkaproblema lang nung inakala ko na tuyo na, hindi pa pala :( pag matagal na nakadikit sa isang object, nagmarka siya hehe, sira ang paint job, paano kaya alisin ang pintura sa plastic? di naman kasi pwede lagyan paint remover hehe. nag print na lang ako ng sticker skin, at idinikit ko sa likod ng apad :)

Guys, baka me kilala naman kayong nagpapaint ng motor sa bandang olongapo or zambales. want to have my xrm re-painted, orange kasi kulay nia and di ko maxadong like kasi parang brown, eto po sample ng itsura nia but this is not mine. orange and color na nakaregister sa OR, ndi po ba magiging problema kung orange lang din ang kulay nia pagka re-paint? I just want a nicer look lang.

30052009027.jpg

ah ok..ts.. slamat.. kaparehas pa ng car dto sa bahay un example mo hehe.. nid ko kc maintenance kc d masyado magamit car dto.. bka masira..

you're welcome bro.

I painted my APAD tablet :) nagkaproblema lang nung inakala ko na tuyo na, hindi pa pala :( pag matagal na nakadikit sa isang object, nagmarka siya hehe, sira ang paint job, paano kaya alisin ang pintura sa plastic? di naman kasi pwede lagyan paint remover hehe. nag print na lang ako ng sticker skin, at idinikit ko sa likod ng apad :)

anong klaseng pintura ba ginamit? subukan mong ipang tanggal ang acrylic thinner, try mo muna sa small portion ng Apad mo. i try mo kaya carbon fiber vinyl sa Apad mo, mas poporma yan. ididikit mo lang siya at madali lang ang proseso.

masisira kapag paint remover kasi plastic ang case.

Guys, baka me kilala naman kayong nagpapaint ng motor sa bandang olongapo or zambales. want to have my xrm re-painted, orange kasi kulay nia and di ko maxadong like kasi parang brown, eto po sample ng itsura nia but this is not mine. orange and color na nakaregister sa OR, ndi po ba magiging problema kung orange lang din ang kulay nia pagka re-paint? I just want a nicer look lang.

30052009027.jpg

sorry bro. malayo area ko sa location mo. marami dyang pintor lalo sa olongapo.

dapat lang ibalik mo sa orange color ang xrm mo kasi yun ang nasa rehistro, kaya tama lang na ipa repaint mo siya ng orange.

ayos ts... thanks.. napuyat ako kakabasa sa thread mo.. balak ko paint pick up namin.. post ko picture dito pag uwiko sa min.. sana tulungan moko.. thanks..

pa off topic lang thread starter,sagutin ko lang si sir...

ano ba oto mo? carb o efi?

tune is done every 6 months
, depende kung pano mo gamitin kotse mo. kung daily driving. ok na every 6 months. usually pag sa tune up, basic na tsine check ay yung...

fuel filter, air filter, change oil ng engine
(depende sa kotse mo kung anong gagamitin na oil, kung matanda na kotse mo, dapat mas malapot ang oil), brake fluid, power steering fluid (kung power steering tsikot mo), check mo sparkplugs kung ok pa(dapat nasa tamang clearance), valve clearance (ito yung bubuksan mo engine mo tapos i checheck ang clearance ng rocker arm, dapat na sa standard ang clearance nun. mahalaga ma maintain ang clearance, kasi pag hindi, wasak ang makina mo).

bago ka umalis ng bahay para gamitin ang kotse, icheck mo yung tubig ng radiator, mga oils (engine oil kung nasa tamang level ng dipstick. brake fluid,clutch fluid, power steering fluid, tire pressure.

sa kotse ko naman, ang maintenance ko every year (para malaki matipid ko, sa importanteng lakad lang kasi ginagamit). change oil, valve clearance, fuel filter. yung sparkplug at air filter, depende sa itsura kung kelangan ng palitan. pero every time na aalis ako,. tsine check ko yung namention ko sa taas.

nga pala, kung bihira mo gamitin ang kotse mo, kelangang pinapainit mo makina nito (paandarin mo makina ng mga 10 mins).once in 1 week pwede na. ginagawa ito para maiwasang tuluyang masira ang makina.

Last edited:

sir, hindi talaga advisable ang pinturahan ang mga gadgets.di kasi pwedeng mabasa yan lalo na mga chemicals. tama si thread star ter, mga sticker dapat ginagamit dyan. mas mabilis ilapat, at mas mabilis tanggalin. kahit kelan na gusto mong palitan, kayang kaya. tama rin si thread starter na maporma yung carbon fiber na sticker.

@TS baka gusto mo naman po mag-post ng step by step tutorial ng proper process ng pag-prepare at pag paint kahit sa acryllic based paints also achieving the showroom like stock finish. marami kang matutulungan dito :giggle:

sorry bro. malayo area ko sa location mo. marami dyang pintor lalo sa olongapo.

dapat lang ibalik mo sa orange color ang xrm mo kasi yun ang nasa rehistro, kaya tama lang na ipa repaint mo siya ng orange.

ayt ayt, Thanks po sa TIP

, depende kung pano mo gamitin kotse mo. kung daily driving. ok na every 6 months. usually pag sa tune up, basic na tsine check ay yung...

(depende sa kotse mo kung anong gagamitin na oil, kung matanda na kotse mo, dapat mas malapot ang oil), brake fluid, power steering fluid (kung power steering tsikot mo), check mo sparkplugs kung ok pa(dapat nasa tamang clearance), valve clearance (ito yung bubuksan mo engine mo tapos i checheck ang clearance ng rocker arm, dapat na sa standard ang clearance nun. mahalaga ma maintain ang clearance, kasi pag hindi, wasak ang makina mo).

bago ka umalis ng bahay para gamitin ang kotse, icheck mo yung tubig ng radiator, mga oils (engine oil kung nasa tamang level ng dipstick. brake fluid,clutch fluid, power steering fluid, tire pressure.

sa kotse ko naman, ang maintenance ko every year (para malaki matipid ko, sa importanteng lakad lang kasi ginagamit). change oil, valve clearance, fuel filter. yung sparkplug at air filter, depende sa itsura kung kelangan ng palitan. pero every time na aalis ako,. tsine check ko yung namention ko sa taas.

nga pala, kung bihira mo gamitin ang kotse mo, kelangang pinapainit mo makina nito (paandarin mo makina ng mga 10 mins).once in 1 week pwede na. ginagawa ito para maiwasang tuluyang masira ang makina.

bro..laking tulong nito.. maraming salamat bro

ayos ts... thanks.. napuyat ako kakabasa sa thread mo.. balak ko paint pick up namin.. post ko picture dito pag uwiko sa min.. sana tulungan moko.. thanks..

sige lang sir 123. willing to help talaga sa mga ka symbian. kapag may budget kana, papinturahan mo na.

ayos pareng menggoy.. galing mo.

@TS baka gusto mo naman po mag-post ng step by step tutorial ng proper process ng pag-prepare at pag paint kahit sa acryllic based paints also achieving the showroom like stock finish. marami kang matutulungan dito :giggle:

plano ko talaga i post yang sinabi mo. sa ngayon collecting muna ako ng mga data at mga pictures para mas malinaw at detalyado ang tutorial. thanks for the support.

ayt ayt, Thanks po sa TIP

welcome sir.

sir pano kung repaint na ang motor ko may masilya na sya dati kaso bako bako masilya taz pylox lng ginamit na pintura, tatanggalin ko pa ba ang pintura pra masilyahan ng bago o kaya lihahin ko na lang ung bako bako at erepaint ulit ng pylox at pede bang lagyan clear coat yung pylox?

sir pano kung repaint na ang motor ko may masilya na sya dati kaso bako bako masilya taz pylox lng ginamit na pintura, tatanggalin ko pa ba ang pintura pra masilyahan ng bago o kaya lihahin ko na lang ung bako bako at erepaint ulit ng pylox at pede bang lagyan clear coat yung pylox?

huwag mo nang tanggalin ang masilya, lihain mo na lang ang masilya kung ok pa (gamitan mo ng kahoy na flat 3x5 inches ang size).

deep_scratch3.jpg

kung pumantay na apply ka ng putty para kuminis.

pagkatapos sprayan mo ng primer surfacer

0803st_20_z+1989_chevy_s10+spraying_primer.jpg

patuyuin, lihain saka i paint ang kulay.

images

kahit pylox or any other brand basta acrylic paint pwede lagyan ng top coat clear na acrylic din.

PASENSYA NA MGA CAR PICTURES ANG MGA EXAMPLES KO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom