Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[tuts] creating a simple 3D text in Cinema 4D using paths made from Photoshop

Drixxx

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
[tuts] creating a simple 3D text in Cinema 4D using paths made from Photoshop

here i am again...just want to share my own tuts again...

1. OPEN PHOTOSHOP. I USED PHOTOSHOP CS4.CREATE A NEW DOCUMENT.
2. WIDTH IS 900 PX
HEIGHT IS 500 PX
RESOLUTION IS 100 DPI

sshot-1-1.png

CLICK OK.

3. Next is to create a path using the pen tool(Press P for shortcut key).once na select nyo na ang pen tool, Make sure na you select paths sa option ng pen tool sa bandang ibaba ng Menu as shown below.

sshot-2.jpg

4. Now create a path that you want using the pen tool..use the Ctrl key when you are done creating a path or you want to create another path(pressing Ctrl key while you are in pen tool mode will allow us to change the tool from pen tool to move tool.)This will allow us to deselect the path specially those open paths. Like a straight line.In my case, I used the word Drixx to demonstrate the path that im going to create.Gumamit ako ng guide line para mapantay ko as possible ang taas at ng paths na gagawin ko.

sshot-3.png

5. once you’re done.Export the file, but this time save it as a illustrator path.To do this,
go to File then choose Export then choose Paths to Illustrator.Save it sa Desktop nyo para madaling malocate. Name your file.Close Photoshop once you’re done saving the file.

sshot-4.png

6. Open Cinema 4D.

cinema5.png

7. We need to open the illustrator file(with .ai file extension to cinema 4D).To do this Click File then choose Merge(Ctrl + Shift + O).Locate the file(sabi ko before save it sa desktop or sa isang folder para madaling malocate.Kapag nalocate nyo na..click Open.

cinema6.png

cinema7.png

8. Kung mkikita nyo sa screen shot, napaste na dun ung paths…we just need to rotate the camera inside cinema 4D para ma align natin properly.By pressing and holding number 3 in the keyboard and clicking the document…marorotate natin ang view ng document.

cinema8.png

Now kung malaki ang paths just press and hold number 2 in the keyboard and click in the document to scale the document para mag fit sya Sa screen and press and hold also number para ma move natin ang paths sa center or kung saan na location gusto nyong ilagay ang paths.

cinema9.png

9. Now lets modify the paths para maging 3D.Sa right side nang screen ng Cinema 4D ay may makikita tayong Objects panel at sa ibaba nyan ay makikita natin ang file name(in my cas its drixxx, click nyo at plus symbol para ma reveal ang mga paths.

cinema10.jpg

Once we click the plus symbol..ganito makikita nyo…6 paths ang nagawa ko…dedepende ito sa kung ilang paths ang nagawa nyo before sa Photoshop..

cinema11.png

Select all the paths by clicking at the bottom of path(in my case its path 8) and drag your mouse upward until path 1 para maselect ang anim na paths.

cinema12.png

Malalaman nyo na selected lahat kapag nakita nyo ung orange na kulay sa top ng bawat letra.Once all are selected, just left click and hold the mouse (in the object panel not in the document) and drag it just below until may Makita kayong symbol na arrow facing to the right then release the mouse.(the purpose of this is that yung anim na paths na nandon ay nasa isang object(kung sa photoshop, naka group, in order to apply a 3D effect sa bawat path, kailangan nating e hiwalay ang bawat isa(kung sa photoshop naman, may sarisarili silang layer).Once you’ve done that, you can delete the null object na may name ng previous filename nyo(in my case its drixxx)hindi na natin kailangan ito..select it and hit delete.ang matitira na alng ay ung anim na paths.

cinema13.png

10. Next is to apply an Extrude NURBS sa bawat path.To do this, left click and hold the NURBS icon(ito ung may kulay green na nasa loob ng square),once you click that, choose Extrude NURBS. It will appear sa Object panel.Like this.

cinema14.png

Now select and click and drag path 1 sa Extrude NURBS.kapag may nakita na kayong arrow symbol facing down as you drag path 1 to Extrude Nurbs,,release the mouse. Like this:

cinema15.png

As you can see. Path 1 is already inside the extrude NURBS. And letter D has a 3D shape applied to it.Do this step for the rest of the 5 paths.Here is the result after applying the Extrude nurbs.

cinema16.png

11. We need to modify more about the width of the 3D text.To do this. Select path 1(which is the letter D in the object panel).and look below, you will find the attributes of each object.In the object properties just change the width from 20 to 60 m or 80 m(or depende sa width na gusto nyo).In my case I used 80.

cinema17.png

cinema18.png

Once you apply that.makikita nyo na ang letter D ay lumapad

cinema19.png

Do the same process to the rest of the 5 paths.See result.

cinema20.png

Now lets add a floor to serve at a base ng 3D text.Left Click and hold the icon na may apat na arrow facing outward na may white circle sa gitna and choose floor.

cinema21.png

cinema22.png

Now select all the 6 paths and nodge it down until it touch the floor.click the green arrow(Y-axis) and nodge it down.like this.

cinema23.png

Now lets make the size of the document larger coz as the default size is 320 x 240 which is a smaller dimension.lets make it 800 x 600px.todo this.Go to Render Menu(click it) then choose Render Settings(ctrl + B).Select Output then in the Preset choose Screen then choose 800 x 600.Then close the dialogue box by clicking the close button(X symbol).

cinema24.png

If you render it, it will look like this, there’s no light . there’s no detail…its boring and its flat.

cinema25.png

cinema26.png

12. so lets add some more…lets add a light..Click the light icon again(same as we did adding the floor.

cinema21.png

But this time e select nyo ang Light(the very first option).
Then in the document, drag and manipulate the three axis which are x-axis(red color), y-axis(green color) and z-axis(blue color).para maposition nyo ang light
Either up, down, sideward etc…

Tips: kung nahihiharapan kayo mag click ng z-axis. Switch to different view like top, front and right view(the default is perspective view).

cinema27.png

cinema28.png

13. Lets add some more effect…lets ad a shadow since we put a light and there is no shadow,so that it will look realistic.To do this. Go to Render menu then choose render settings or just press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + B.Then in the effect located at the right side of the dialogue box, choose Ambient Occlusion.

cinema29.png

cinema30.png

Change the contrast to about 60% and the maximum ray Length to about 120 %.Just play with the settings.Then close it. Then render to get the result.If your not happy.you can change it anytime. I add one more light and position it at front center of the text and lower the intensity of the light to about 50%. So that it willl not blow up the contrast of the 3D text.see result..

cinema31.png

To add more depth.. I add caps and rounding to each text. Under Caps, I used Fillet cap for start and end…about 3 radius..

cinema32.png

See result..

cinema33.png

Now we can start applying material onto it…I used the Nukei shader for the purpose of this tuts…for me it’s a cool shader…but you can use other and the best thing to this is that you can create your own…

cinema34.png

Click that icon(Nukei and drag it to Extrude NURBS with path 1.)

cinema35.png

Then render it to make sure you like the result, otherwise you can change it.
To add shader tp the rest of the object.. just press and hold Ctrl key and click the icon from the Object Panel(Nukei and drag it to the second Object, in this case its path 3.(Letter R).In my case I like to make the Lettters D R I to be Nukei and apply another shader to the three X(perhaps a color RED)…In my case I used Danel Shader and apply it to the three X

cinema37.png

then I render it..here is the result.

cinema36.png

That’s it… we need to save it as an Image.To do this…we need to render it then In the File Menu, click Save picture as…then set the format to JPEG.
Depth is 8 bit/channel
DPI 72

Then click ok to save it…name the file….then click save…

To tweak the colors or you want to crop it or add anything… open nyo lang sa photoshop ung final output na nagawa nyo then edit it sa gusto nyo…

Hope makatulong ito lalo sainyo… na sa mga beginners…

Just play and experiment sa mga settings…walang proper or permanenteng settings kasi dedepende yan sa design na gusto nyong ma achieve…

ANOTHER WAY IS TO GIVE A MORE PERSPECTIVE VIEW NG OBJECT NYO BY ROTATING THE SCENE OF YOUR DOCUMENT..USE THE ROTATE TOOL OR PRESS AND HOLD NUMBER 3 THEN CLICK THE DOCUMENT.

inattach ko din some of my works....and the full tuts in word format..

Attachments

• Opera.jpg
    Opera.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 61
  • SYMBIANIZE.jpg
    SYMBIANIZE.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 50
  • SYMBIANIZEedited.jpg
    SYMBIANIZEedited.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 3D CUSTOM TEXT.part1.rar
    2 MB · Views: 563
  • 3D CUSTOM TEXT.part2.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Re: [tuts] creating a simple 3D text in Cinema 4D using paths made from Photoshop

Galing!..:thumbsup:. Malaking karagdagang kaalaman sa'kin to ts.. Beginner pa lang ako sa photoshop..
[size=+2]thanks sa pagsi-share mo ts[/size]

Re: [tuts] creating a simple 3D text in Cinema 4D using paths made from Photoshop

Pwede pa request po?..
Tsaka ko pa po mapag-aaralan to eh..

IV-Agoncillo
yan po parang yung sample nyo po sa road...

THANKS ng marami ~

great work highly appreciated :clap:

@logie19

eto ung request mo...

na ka attached ung original at edited na images...

Attachments

• agoncillo1.jpg
    agoncillo1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
  • agoncillo.jpg
    agoncillo.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 26

Nice sharing TS ..meron na kaming guide para gumawa ng sariling 3D pics. highly appreciated 2 ng buong symbianize :D salamat TS:clap:

@logie19

eto ung request mo...

na ka attached ung original at edited na images...

Bro, maraming maraming SALAMAAT !! :excited::excited::excited:

FB lang muna ts..

astig ah, meron akong nakita na tutorial hindi ginamitan ng AI

pede po ba ito.. sa mga video effects ?? yung isasama sa isang video clips po.. thanksss

penge naman po download link nang Cinema 4D hehehe....

Hanep ka ts!

thanks boxx

galing:D really appreaciated(tama ba spell)?

ganda ng work mo!

galing tnx sa share TS

pa fb po basa2 muna hehe

sir bakit poh gnun skn pg isisave kuna ung file q wlang ibang format type kundi all files lng ang nklagay tpos dun poh sa object dpat poh dba meter ang nklagay skn CM pano kya ang ga2win q hnd poh kya ung installer ang my problema..tknx..

sir bakit poh gnun skn pg isisave kuna ung file q wlang ibang format type kundi all files lng ang nklagay tpos dun poh sa object dpat poh dba meter ang nklagay skn CM pano kya ang ga2win q hnd poh kya ung installer ang my problema..tknx..

sa cinema 4D ba or photoshop?

thanks for sharing

Attachments

• JON2XNEW.JPG
    JON2XNEW.JPG
    637.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom