Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

USB shortcuts virus problem

mjlinc18

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
:help: just want to ask something, I'm having trouble with my Lennovo netbook, its brand new, everytime i plug a USB stick all files became shortcuts. But when I plug the USB into another PC, the files seems okey. USB stick was formatted many times and this happens to all USB stick

Sino po may alam pano masosolusyunan problem ko?

~1 Shortcut Virus Manual Removal

PC
End Task wscript.exe on Processes
Open File location VLRNEN~1 or Windows + R = Type %appdata% (C:\Users\Jaime\AppData\Local\Temp)
Delete VLRNEN~1
Open Regedit and Delete the following entry:
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartApproved\Run)

Removable Device/s
open CMD as Administrator
Enter the Drive Letter ex. F:
Type dir //to check whether it contains unnusual files
Type del *.lnk /f or rename autorun.inf (desired name)
Type attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d
Type dir // to check again it the file is still exist

Last edited:
Thanks Sir, hihintayin ko po yung ibang procedure.

:help: just want to ask something, I'm having trouble with my Lennovo netbook, its brand new, everytime i plug a USB stick all files became shortcuts. But when I plug the USB into another PC, the files seems okey. USB stick was formatted many times and this happens to all USB stick

use SMADAV at ESET Smart Security. kahit SMADAV nalang, kaya na yan.
na-experience ko na yan.

Download Smadav Pro then full scan.

~1 Shortcut Virus Manual Removal

PC
End Task wscript.exe on Processes
Open File location VLRNEN~1 or Windows + R = Type %appdata% (C:\Users\Jaime\AppData\Local\Temp)
Delete VLRNEN~1
Open Regedit and Delete the following entry:
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartApproved\Run)

Removable Device/s
open CMD as Administrator
Enter the Drive Letter ex. F:
Type dir //to check whether it contains unnusual files
Type del *.lnk /f or rename autorun.inf (desired name)
Type attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d
Type dir // to check again it the file is still exist

Thank you very much, try ko later this process if working.

Oo bro smadav at mcshield mo tapos bulletproof mode mo....then format mo na flash drive mo...

Back
Top Bottom