Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Tutorial Oppo A3S Storage alternative fix *no root needed

jesus777

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I know for a fact that our A3s offers a great deal of bang for the buck specs: Screensize, battery (2 days no charging is a "wow"!), processor and GPU (Adreno 506). The only downside is the RAM and internal storage. Well yeah, let's admit the fact that its main weakness is the multitasking part due to the 2GB RAM, but as for the storage (16GB with 7GB plus usable), we can still do something about that.

Disclaimers:
- DIAYOR - "Do it at your own risk".
- YWINV - "Your warranty is now voided"
- BACKUP your SD card as it will be formatted during the process

Requirements:
- Oppo A3s

- Windows PC / Lappy with ADB installed (if you don't know what's this, you may search to our very informative website)

- MicroSD (at least class 10 for less lag)

- USB cable

- Ability to follow instructions (kidding!)

Let's start:

- Download the attachment and extract adb.zip to your desktop (for easy access)

- Enable developer options on your phone
> Settings > About phone > tap "Version" 7 times

- Go to Developer Options
> Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options

- Enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlock"

- Plug your phone to PC / Lappy

- Your phone should give you prompt about authorizing USB Debugging from the current PC / Lappy
> Just allow it

- On PC/Lappy, go to your ADB folder and open "cmd-here" (you should get a black window)

- On the CMD window, type in the following commands:

>>> adb devices
- You should see your device ID; if it shows "unauthorised", unplug your phone and plug it back - make sure you allow the debugging prompt on your phone

>>> adb shell
- it should show "$" on the next line

>>> sm list-disks
- this should show your disk ID. Mine is 179:64

>>> sm partition disk:179:64 mixed 60
- The "mixed 60" is the percentage partition for the external storage. In my case, 60 means that 60% of my 32gb card will be my "external storage" for pictures. The 40% will be merged to my internal.
- THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR CARD

>>> reboot
- this will reboot your phone to apply the changes

- Download link2sd from playstore and go to storage info, you'll see there another partition under SD card which is the 40% of the partition of your card.

- All the apps that will be installed moving forward will go to that partition.

- If you want to move an existing app to the newly partitioned storage, just uninstall it and reinstall it, either via apk or playstore.

- NOTE: Obb and data files will still remain on the internal. (still for Facebook's data and other apps, I notice that they are stored on the new partition)

Enjoy your new device! :)

Attachments

• adb.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 545
ts may naexperience ka ba na CONS ng adopt storage ? like force close ng app na nainstall? pashare naman experience ts saka sa mga nakapagtry na

edit:
done doing your instruction sir
in my case 64 gb yung sd ko
tapos mixed 50
so 32 sd internal at 32 sd external.
nung mag patch ako ng ragranok eternal nag full ang pa din ang memory??

Last edited:
Hello TS, sinunod ko po instructions pero wla pong lumabas na extra partition. Lumiit lng po ung capacity ng sd card hmm . Ptullong poo. Salamat

any feedback po dito? gusto ko sana itry

- - - Updated - - -

sobrang thank you po sa thread na to...

gumana po sayo?

EDIT: okay i tried it. it works!
di mo makikita yung partition sa setting nor sa file manager.
dapat talaga DL mo yung Link2SD sa PS.
makikita mo dun ung free storage. naayyyyyyysssuuuuuuuu

Thanks TS!

Last edited:
Paps. automatic bang mapupunta yung data ng bagong install na apps sa partition na ginawa or pupunuin muna yung main internal? salamat

Successful yung sakin pro di effective ganun pa din insufficient storage

Boss hindi gumagana sakin lumalabas yung Id ng Cellphone ko sa CMD but naka offline naman

thanks d2 working sa akin medyo nahirapan lang ako maghanap ng adb interface driver..pero ok nmn.thanks

Back
Top Bottom