Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Vic Sotto at mga kasamang sina Joey de Leon at Richie D'Horsie[1982 rape issue]

Re: Vic Sotto at mga kasamang sina Joey de Leon at Richie D'Horsie[1982 rape issue]

@empleyado ng dos , lol

tama , walang matibay na ibidensya
alam nyo naman siguro ang tamang gawain at maling gawain
malaki na kayo
kainis lang yung mga comment sa youtube
kung ano mga pinagsasasabi , wala naman silang patunay
typical pinoys hahays :upset:

Re: Vic Sotto at mga kasamang sina Joey de Leon at Richie D'Horsie[1982 rape issue]

totoong rapist sila vic sotto! Amp!

Siguro naman sapat na yung public apology nila na maging guilty sila,
well in the other hand wag din tayong maging judgemental agad.

I'm just wondering kung bakit kinondena ni Tito yung
kanta ng Eheads na Spolarium which is hindi naman directly patama
sa kanila :think:

Very nice link. Very datailed (with supporting articles from newspapers of those times) at marami akong nalaman about this case. This is my first time na magka-interes sa kasong ito kasi nasa boarding school ako noong nahalungkat ang kasong ito. I believe this thread was created during those times na nagkaroon ng conflict between Joey de Leon and Willie Revillame, napanood ko sa YouTube link.
This case piqued my curiosity kasi related sa money and fame, at sa mga misteryong nakapalibot dito.:lol: It was also then connected to the suicide (death) of the complainant, Pepsi Paloma. And not to mention, my family is a fan of Eat Bulaga.:yipee: And it was also mentioned sa kantang 'Spoliarium' ng Eraserheads:music::
Umiyak ang umaga
Anong sinulat ni Enteng at Joey diyan
Sa pintong salamin
'Di ko na mabasa
Pagkat merong nagbura

===================

While reading the first post and the reactions that followed, naalala ko ang isang quote mula sa isa sa mga paborito kong pilekula:

There is no way of finding a single absolute truth, an irrefutable argument which might help answer the questions of mankind. Philosophy, therefore, is dead, because whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must be silent.
- Arthur Syldom
Quoting Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein
The Oxford Murders (2008) - IMDb

I don't really like this philosophical work because I like Philosophy and I don't want it to die (and also it hurts my head just reading it) but this argument/topic is a classic representation of this work. Hindi natin madali o maaring malaman ang katotohanan sa likod ng kasong ito. "Maaring nirape nila si Pepsi" or "Maybe it's just a prostitution-gone-wrong" or "Maybe the case was just filed to destroy the image of the hosts or para makasakay sa kasikatan si Pepsi". We will never know. But the case was settled. Settled, meaning the complainant accepted the apology (or maybe a deal that include money) of the defendants. Making it public is just some way to make it known to the public that the case was settled by acceptance and no more jail time or any other punishment is needed. Parang ganito lang yun eh, may nameet ka na girl sa isang bar. Tapos nalasing siya ng subra at may nangyari sa inyo. Pagkaumaga'y biglang gulat niyang magkatabi kayo sa kama at wala siyang kamalay-malay ng nangyari sa kanya. Galit na galit sya at nagbantang magsampa ng kasong rape sa'yo. Ngunit humingi ka ng patawad at dahil sa taglay mong kagwapuhan ay ika'y kanyang pinatawad.:thumbsup:

Look at me, talking like a lawyer.:smoke: Pero wala ako that time so hindi ako sigurado sa mga pinagbabasa ko lalo na kung nagmula ito sa internet. This is just my opinion at ang mga nabanggit ko dito ang pawang kathang-isip lamang. :wave:

Last edited:

:thanks: for sharing t.s

i will ask my old cousins about this...curious :noidea:

alam niyo yung kantang spolarium ayun yung

shar ko lang po to..

Gold Says:
November 13, 2008 at 9:40 pm | Reply

If you wanna know what this song actually means, I could share it with you. Professors here in the University of the Philippines know about it and they share it in class whenever the song comes in discussions. It is actually the story of the rape victim Pepsi who were allegedly raped by Vic, Joey, and someone –I forgot the name. She was made to drink too much by the three (this is described in the first 3 stanzas of the song) and when she was unconscious, they raped her. Pepsi died when she was about to cry out for justice. There were rumors that Pepsi did not commit suicide but she was killed to stop her from testifying in court. So after knowing that, the song is pretty much direct except for some parts like “itigil muna ang pag-ikot ng mundo”. We can interpret this part differently. It can mean that the victim wanted her oppressors to stop their manipulations or she was just too tired of everything that’s happening that she wanted the world to just stop.

Pepsi was not able to receive justice. Until now, there is no closure to her case. And whether Vic and Joey were guilty, no one can prove it.

I assume Ely Buendia, who wrote the song, learned about Pepsi’s misery when he was still in the university. Maybe for him, even if Pepsi was not able to testify, the song would speak out the truth..

http://www.pinoytumblr.com/post/549319126/story-behind-the-song-spolarium-of-eraserheads

shar ko lang po to..

Gold Says:
November 13, 2008 at 9:40 pm | Reply

If you wanna know what this song actually means, I could share it with you. Professors here in the University of the Philippines know about it and they share it in class whenever the song comes in discussions. It is actually the story of the rape victim Pepsi who were allegedly raped by Vic, Joey, and someone –I forgot the name. She was made to drink too much by the three (this is described in the first 3 stanzas of the song) and when she was unconscious, they raped her. Pepsi died when she was about to cry out for justice. There were rumors that Pepsi did not commit suicide but she was killed to stop her from testifying in court. So after knowing that, the song is pretty much direct except for some parts like “itigil muna ang pag-ikot ng mundo”. We can interpret this part differently. It can mean that the victim wanted her oppressors to stop their manipulations or she was just too tired of everything that’s happening that she wanted the world to just stop.

Pepsi was not able to receive justice. Until now, there is no closure to her case. And whether Vic and Joey were guilty, no one can prove it.

I assume Ely Buendia, who wrote the song, learned about Pepsi’s misery when he was still in the university. Maybe for him, even if Pepsi was not able to testify, the song would speak out the truth..

http://www.pinoytumblr.com/post/549319126/story-behind-the-song-spolarium-of-eraserheads

I followed your link and that blog lead me to another blog and while reading the comments, I found another link to a blog in the multiply account of Karina Araneta. She was the manager of Eraserheads when the song 'Spoliarium' was released. And she quote:
Spoliarium is an Eraserheads song included in the Sticker Happy album. The album was released sometime between 1996 -when I first met and got to "hang out" with Ely, Marcus, and others (like Enteng and Joey Cowpunk) and 1998 -when I came to manage the band. I didn't know this song existed till my attention was called to it. The song was released as a single eventually when I was already managing the band, which felt really strange for me.

A lot of people like this song but don't really understand it. Others think they do. People think there is hidden meaning beind these words when, actually, the song is quite literal; a narration, almost.

Well, I was there that night. So I've decided to finally let others in on the not-so-"secret" that is Spoliarium.

dumilim ang paligid
may tumawag sa pangalan ko -XXXX called out to E labing isang palapag -Unit 1108 of a condo in San Juan
tinanong kung okey lang ako -XXXX and I had the habit of asking people "Ok ka lang?"
sabay abot ng baso -inuman session kasi
may naghihintay
at bakit ba 'pag nagsawa na ako
biglang ayoko na
at ngayon
di pa rin alam
kung ba't tayo nandito
puwede bang itigil muna
ang pag-ikot ng mundo
lumiwanag ang buwan -we stayed up till sunrise; in fact, everyone (except me and XXXX) were so wasted that they ended up crashing there that night (oh, except pala for Joey whom I distinctly remember excused himself "bago magising ang anak ko")
san juan
di ko na nasasakyan
ang lahat ng bagay ay
gumuguhit na lang
sa 'king lalamunan
ewan mo at ewan natin
sinong may pakana?
at bakit ba
tumilapon ang
gintong alak diyan sa paligid mo? -Goldshlagger: a hot cinnamon schnapps drink infused with pure 23k gold flakes...that got everyone wasted!
at ngayon
di pa rin alam
kung ba't tayo nandito
puwede bang itigil muna
ang pag-ikot ng mundo
umiyak ang umaga
anong sinulat ni enteng at joey diyan
sa pintong salamin -Enteng and Joey had written "Eleandre" (E's real name) using their fingers on the misty glass door of the balcony
di ko na mabasa
pagkat merong nagbura -actually I don't think anyone really erased it; when the weather got warmer I think it just got erased
ewan ko at ewan natin
sinong nagpakana?
at bakit ba tumilapon ang spoliarium
diyan sa paligid mo? -see photo: this is how they all looked: w-a-s-t-e-d!
at ngayon
di pa rin alam
kung ba't tayo nandito
puwede bang itigil muna
ang pag-ikot ng mundo

Pero 'di rin natin alam, baka ginawa lang ng manager nila ang explanation na 'to para makaiwas sa kaso. Hahahah! As I said before, we will never know!:lol:

Last edited:

I followed your link and that blog lead me to another blog and while reading the comments, I found another link to a blog in the multiply account of Karina Araneta. She was the manager of Eraserheads when the song 'Spoliarium' was released. And she quote:

Pero 'di rin natin alam, baka ginawa lang ng manager nila ang explanation na 'to para makaiwas sa kaso. Hahahah! As I said before, we will never know!:lol:

sbe dun " pagkat merong nagbura -actually I don't think anyone really erased it; when the weather got warmer I think it just got erased "

madaling araw i doub't kung warm ang climate pag gnun time, na nasa 11th floor...:lol:

anu nmn mpapala m s post n toh t.s...aapela k b...non.sense chismissss...pra kaung si noy...mentras problemhin ang suliranin ngaun...problema ng nkaraang admnstrsyon ang pinoprblma..

sbe dun " pagkat merong nagbura -actually I don't think anyone really erased it; when the weather got warmer I think it just got erased "

madaling araw i doub't kung warm ang climate pag gnun time, na nasa 11th floor...:lol:

Well, 'di naman natin masasabi na madaling araw siya nagising kasi ang sabi eh "Umiyak ang umaga". For my interpretation, it would be sunrise o baka nga mid morning na iyon. Sino ba namang maglalasing ng sobra at gigising ng madaling araw, OUCH!!

Well, 'di naman natin masasabi na madaling araw siya nagising kasi ang sabi eh "Umiyak ang umaga". For my interpretation, it would be sunrise o baka nga mid morning na iyon. Sino ba namang maglalasing ng sobra at gigising ng madaling araw, OUCH!!

saan part nia pinaliwanag na nagicing xia..?
we stayed up till sunrise, so hinde pa rin mainit nyan may hamog pa ng time nyan...curious lang me kung ano relation ng Spoliarium sa pag iinuman ng basagan....:noidea:

" Rizal was footnoted in his speech that the Spoliarium, "embodied the essense [sic] of our social, moral and political life: humanity in severe ordeal, humanity unredeemed, reason and idealism in open struggle with prejudice, fanaticism and justice..."

Last edited:

saan part nia pinaliwanag na nagicing xia..?
we stayed up till sunrise, so hinde pa rin mainit nyan may hamog pa ng time nyan...curious lang me kung ano relation ng Spoliarium sa pag iinuman ng basagan....:noidea:

" Rizal was footnoted in his speech that the Spoliarium, "embodied the essense [sic] of our social, moral and political life: humanity in severe ordeal, humanity unredeemed, reason and idealism in open struggle with prejudice, fanaticism and justice..."

POINT TAKEN.

umiyak ang umaga
anong sinulat ni enteng at joey diyan
sa pintong salamin -Enteng and Joey had written "Eleandre" (E's real name) using their fingers on the misty glass door of the balcony
di ko na mabasa
pagkat merong nagbura -actually I don't think anyone really erased it; when the weather got warmer I think it just got erased

Sa akin lang naman, naiugnay ko lang sa paggising dahil sa mga katagang "Umiyak ang umaga" na sa aking interpretasyon ay nagising (iyak = tunog na nakakaagaw-pansin, nakakagising) sila dahil sa sikat ng araw. Dahil sa nakakagising na sikat ng araw, masasabi natin na mainit na ang panahon.
Theoretically speaking, kung iuugnay natin ang mga lirikong ito sa main topic na 1982 rape case nina Bossing Vic, Joey at Richie D' Horsie, 'di ko naman alam kung ano ba dapat 'dun ang nakasulat na allegedly ay binura daw ni Tito Sotto. Medyo ignorante ako sa detalye ng kaso kasi nga 1990 ako pinanganak at ang mga artikolong lumalabas sa Google ay mostly nakatuon sa showbiz at pulitikal na aspeto ng kaso at hindi sa mga ebidensyang nakalap sa pinangyarihan ng krimen. (It would be nice kung may nakakaalam ng detalye ng kaso at ishare dito.)

As for the the Spoliarium:
Juan_Luna_Spoliarium.jpg

Maaring ang nakita lamang nila sa larawan ay ang mga taong nakahandusay sa sahig, the ones that looks dead and wasted, at hindi ang buong larawan.

Actually, those are not my words, dinedefend ko lang ang pinagkunan nyan ng blog. Honestly, I believe more na damage control ang ginawa ng manager. But then, maybe she's just defending her friend, Ely Buendia. Or maybe she's just stating the truth. Sabi nga nya andun din sya eh, heheheh.

anu nmn mpapala m s post n toh t.s...aapela k b...non.sense chismissss...pra kaung si noy...mentras problemhin ang suliranin ngaun...problema ng nkaraang admnstrsyon ang pinoprblma..

Kung nasa side ako ni PNoy, hanga ako sa pagsakripisyo nya sa sariling reputasyon bilang isang presidente ng Pilipinas. Karamihan na ng mga presidente natin ay kahirapan at pag-papaunlad ng bayan ang pinagtuunan ng pansin habang nakaupo sa pwesto. Ngunit dahil dun, 'di nila nasubaybayan ang tiwaling nagaganap sa gobyerno kaya't namuo na ang dumi sa loob nito. Maaaring magasta ni PNoy ang buong termino nya sa paglilinis ng gobyerno (which i doubt na mauubos ng tuluyan) pero ito rin ay para sa kapakanan ng sambayanang Pilipino. Hindi maayos na mapupunan ng gobyerno ang pangangailangan ng taong bayan kung merong mga buwayang namamahala dito.

Last edited:

ikaw ano problema mo at pinoproblema mo dn ung post n to haha

ask ely buendia about how what why Spollarium. ang nagsabi ng kwentong yang kay ely eh ung professor nya sa UP. sympre composer/musician si ely .. he will not go directly na papatamain niya yung 3 db . ;)

ask ely buendia about how what why Spollarium. ang nagsabi ng kwentong yang kay ely eh ung professor nya sa UP. sympre composer/musician si ely .. he will not go directly na papatamain niya yung 3 db . ;)

Meron akong nabasang comment na tumatanggi sa ganyang kwento pero nakalimutan ko kung saan ko nabasa dahil sa dami ng link na nabasa ko. Now that you brought it up again, hinanap ko ulit ang komentong iyon at buti naman ay nakita ko ulit ito.

Karin Araneta Says:
April 26, 2010 at 8:57 am

Pardon me for saying this but your English translation of the song is just really bad (i.e. di ko na masasakyan //I’ll never be riding it, etc.???). That said, you’re right about what Spoliarium is. The song was entitled as such because that is how E (and almost everyone else who was there that night, except me since I did not get intoxicated), well, “felt” on the evening when this all happened.

Yes, the setting was in San Juan. A condo in San Juan, to be specific. On the 11th floor.

Enteng was one of the Eraserheads roadies that time; Joey a.k.a. Cowpunk, a classmate of Raims, was a member of the Eraserheads posse. So, no, this has no reference whatsoever to (Tito) Vic or Joey. And most especially Pepsi Paloma. I’m appalled that, as “Gold” said, this is what professors in UP are spreading. I hope they stop.

The song is more literal than you think. I guess everyone is just used to the Eheads always being cryptic in their songs, so when a literal song is finally written people can’t help but search for hidden meaning. Unfortunately in this particular song, there is none.

K.

ps
“Gintong alak” is Goldschläger, very strong Italian cinnamon schnapps which is one of the culprits for the intoxication that evening.

Karin Araneta Says:
April 26, 2010 at 8:59 am

Here, read this: http://karinaraneta.multiply.com/journal/item/228

Nakuha ko ito sa blog na HIMSAL Filipino Song Translation >> Spolarium, by Eraserheads (kaya ang unang pinag-usapan nila ay ang english translation ng kanta). Ang tinutukoy nya namang si "Gold" ay ang "Gold" na binanggit ni sabotage21 sa post nya.

Pero maari nga rin naman nga nagpipilit lang sila ng rason para makaiwas sa censorship, libel or kung anuman ang pwedeng ireklamo sa kanila.:lol: Mas magandang isipin kasi na may hidden meaning sa kanta kasi mas magiging interesting ito at magiging popular. So in some sense, kung hindi man tunay na pinapatamaan nila sina Vic, Joey at Richie, ginawa na rin nila itong taktika para maging mabenta ang kantang ito.

Last edited:

ang masasabi ko naman sa pag kamatay ni pepsi paloma dahil sawang sawa na sa pag huhubad yung kaso ni vic sotto dapat noon pa bakit ngayon lang pinag uusapan dahil ba sa may balak tumakbo sa pulitika matagal na yan istorya ngayon biglang lalabas at wala akong matandaan nag sorry sa publiko sina vic joey at reyes

ang masasabi ko naman sa pag kamatay ni pepsi paloma dahil sawang sawa na sa pag huhubad yung kaso ni vic sotto dapat noon pa bakit ngayon lang pinag uusapan dahil ba sa may balak tumakbo sa pulitika matagal na yan istorya ngayon biglang lalabas at wala akong matandaan nag sorry sa publiko sina vic joey at reyes

Actually, luma na ang thread na ito, dating 10th of September, 2007. Ginawa ata ng TS nung may conflict sina Joey de Leon at Willie Revillame. Sumama ang loob ni Willie kay Joey dahil sa mga komentong pinagbabato ni Joey tungkol sa kasong kinahaharap niya noon dahil sa pagharass niya sa isang dancer ng programa niya. Dahil dito, naibanggit din ni Willie sa isang public statement niya doon din sa naturang programa ang tungkol sa kasong ito. Sabi ng nag-up nito ay "first time nya daw narinig 'to". Same din sa akin. First ko rin narinig 'to. Marahil siguro ay nasa dorm ako the time na naungkat ito at wala akong pake sa showbiz. Natuwa lang ako while back reading kasi ang daming theory at haka-haka tungkol sa kasong ito. Kung wala kang matandaan na public apology nina Vic, Joey o Richie, eh baka marahil ay di ka pa po pinanganak noon. This is a 1982 case so baka mga ganoong time din sila nag-apologize. So if you're 40 years old or older, siguro wala po talagang kayong matatandaan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom