Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

6 Features On Huawei P9 That I Am Absolutely A Fan Of

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
We all have heard the news about the awesome enhancements on EMUI 5.0 that will soon be coming to Huawei P9, Mate 8 & Nova series. But before going on board with the EMUI 5.0, I would like to take you guys on a tour on the best features currently available on the P9’s EMUI 4.1. Here’s the throwback to the heavy loaded feature Android Skin that I have ever used! Enjoy!

118eluf.jpg

Huawei P9 has got all those that we would expect from a flagship-class droid. While software is always a key factor in choosing a new smartphone, Huawei P9’s home-brewed Emotion UI is spot-on. Running atop Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the custom UI is actually much more than just the ‘skin’ and adds some major functionalities to the operating system.
Huawei P9 uses EMUI 4.1 which was also seen on its sub-brand Honor’s recently launched device Honor 5C. Users seem to be verily divided when it comes to EMUI. Some are ardent fans; others who are in two minds actually don’t understand it at all. It is a heavy skin with which you need to be familiar first. And once you learn the ropes, you can’t stop loving it!

Since its release, Huawei P9’s snappy fingerprint sensor has become the talk of the town. But that’s not all EMUI has on offer. Why just your fingertip, it makes use of your knuckles too. Knuckle Gestures are cool Smart Assistance features that gets many things done with the strike of your knuckle. You can get scrolling screenshots, record video clip of onscreen activities with this. For more fun, just draw a letter on homescreen to open corresponding apps.

314w09v.jpg

Draw a simple horizontal line across homescreen with your knuckle to double the fun opening dual windows. But I have seen some cribbing about Huawei P9’s knuckle sense. Probably, they are not striking their knuckle right. One gentle strike, a bluish firecracker sort of thing goes up and you are good to go now!

s1tbm0.jpg

It tries its best to impress you the moment you wake up your phone. There are stunning, high-quality wallpapers—Huawei calls them ‘covers’-- that keep on changing each time you wake up your phone. You can also add your own images and personalize. I like the quick access ribbon that appears when you swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen. You get some handy options like, camera, calculator, flashlight and voice recorder there on display.
To customize homescreen, there are plenty of options. Pinch in on the homescreen and you have the customization options right in front of you. You can play with widgets, wallpapers and experiment with transition animations. More Settings give you the freedom to set the homescreen grid size to as high as 5X5.

r26yk1.jpg

Leica-brand dual cameras are the USP of Huawei P9. Keeping in mind neat engineering has gone into developing the camera software. Most of the interface navigations happens here just by swipes. You get baked-in shooting modes, setting options.
Near the shutter button, there is a quick option for Pro Mode. This makes it super easy to switch back and forth between auto and pro.

1174peb.jpg

And there’s no denying how helpful is Phone Manager. It puts power and memory management tools all in one bucket. It is versatile with options like Harassment Filter, Batter Manager and App Lock.
Notifications are much more refined. I mean, I can get detailed information when reviewing notifications which is definitely something its peer’s lack.

While the debate on EMUI is on, tell us what do you feel about it…

6 Features On Huawei P9 That I Am Absolutely A Fan Of
The debate on EMUI continues. I put it this way: there are some who totally love it. And there are some who just can’t understand it. Huawei’s home-grown Emotion UI is a software that helps you to customize the standard Android experience. It is a heavy skin; all you need is some getting used to.

Huawei’s latest flagship P9 runs on EMUI 4.1. There are many EMUI 4.1 features that I am enamoured of. But these are simply superb:

Superfast Fingerprint Sensor
i565xu.jpg

The 3D-driven sensor is technologically fool proof. Powered by cutting-edge biometric technology, it protects users against unauthorized access. You first need to set up your fingerprint ID to get started. From taking photos and stopping alarm to answering calls and browsing photos—you can do all these just with a touch. And it works within 0.5 seconds! You can slide up and down your fingertip on the sensor to check out the notifications.

Knuckle Gestures
a9eec6e945a98f5a890fbcbc00cbb360.png

Knuckle gestures are cool Smart Assistance features. Under Motion Control, you will find three gestures which you can perform with a strike of your knuckle. From taking screenshots and opening apps to opening dual windows, you can do all these by striking the home screen with your knuckle.

Universal Search Option
6a850a8941ed56fb193607b874f309ec.png

I am quite forgetful sometimes. Sometimes I am so klutz that I have to struggle to find out a particular thing on my phone. The Universal Search option is a saviour. Gently touch the home screen and then drag your finger down. There pops up the Universal Search bar. Type whatever you are looking for. You will find it in a jiffy.

Overviewing Home screen & Hidden Applications
e8e5aaaa2049f918e6d5741182323659.png

Pinch out on home screen and there you see all those dating apps which you are probably hiding from your younger siblings. Hmm…we caught you! This feature takes you to the hidden apps. Now, pinch in on home screen and you can have an overview of the home screens. You can check out the apps and the widgets here.

One Hand UI
cdef4ce85237f20ceab6e409a1f1b3af.jpg

You are holding your coffee mug in one hand, the other one is busy Whats-apping. How difficult it is sometimes to manage things with one hand. Your small hand may find it hard to reach out to the entire screen single-handedly. No worries. Swipe left or right on the navigation bar on Huawei P9. An interesting thing takes place. The phone screen shifts to one side (either to left or right). Now, you can do whatever you want with the thumb alone.

Adding Apps To The Folder
d3331870838f160eaabbdfaef8691d07.png

EMUI makes it pretty simple and fast through a tick box method. Click on any folder. You can see an ‘Add’ option. Click it and it will throw up a bucket of options. Tick the desired apps. That’s all.

https://club.hihonor.com/in/huaweip9.271/6-emui-4-1-features-on-huawei-p9-that-i-am-absolutely-a-fan-of.7933

Back
Top Bottom