Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

ACCOUNTANCY! - The OFFICIAL THREAD -

guys baka pwede paki explain sakin yung concept ng cashflows. penge na rin ng example kung pwede. hehe.

For me: cash flow is the in and out of cash on that particular period..The cash balance should be equal on balance sheet's cash account....

Sample::
Cash flow from ----
for sept.....

sales---------------------------100000

purchases -----60000
rental ------------10000
etc......

Net cash provided by ------- 30000
cash bal at the beg.----------10000
cash balance at the end----40000

Last edited:
guys pa help naman sa MARR minimum acceptable rate of return..

paki expalin at example... :pray:

guys pa help naman sa MARR minimum acceptable rate of return..

paki expalin at example... :pray:

Rate of Return = kung po yung kung ilang porsyento mo mababawi ang iyong kapital ni inilaan para sa business/investment.

Mam/sir pahelp naman po ako sa feasibility. Hindi ko po kasi alam gumawa ng financial aspects. Sana may tumulong. Thanks in advance

thanks dito ts..naghahanap talaga ako ng pwedeng mareviewhan online

Rate of Return = kung po yung kung ilang porsyento mo mababawi ang iyong kapital ni inilaan para sa business/investment.

may mga example ka?:weep:

ito kasi di ko ma gets kung pano nakuha ang ansswer>>>> In 1970, when Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. went public, an investment of 100 shares cost $1,650. That investment would have been worth $12,283,904 on January 31, 2002.

Given: P = $1,650
F = $12,283,904
N = 32
Find i:

$12,283,904 = $1,650 (1 + i )32
i = 32.13%

pano naging 32.13?

Finance at yan.
Sa math of investment kasi, yun formula for future value is:
FV = pmt x (1+i)^n
Yung n daw ata na ginamit nia yung 32 years, from 1970 - 2002
Tapos nag derive na lng siya ng formula gamit ang simple arithmetic ung transposition.

may mga example ka?:weep:

ito kasi di ko ma gets kung pano nakuha ang ansswer>>>> In 1970, when Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. went public, an investment of 100 shares cost $1,650. That investment would have been worth $12,283,904 on January 31, 2002.

Given: P = $1,650
F = $12,283,904
N = 32
Find i:

$12,283,904 = $1,650 (1 + i )32
i = 32.13%

pano naging 32.13?

[32nd root of (12,283,904÷1,650)] - 1 = 32.128 or 32.13

Last edited:
Hello!
I'm not an accountant but i know how to handle books in a very basic ways(self study).
Now the question is how will I handle post dated checks(120 days yung terms)? Do i have to handle it as a note payable or what?

Hello!
I'm not an accountant but i know how to handle books in a very basic ways(self study).
Now the question is how will I handle post dated checks(120 days yung terms)? Do i have to handle it as a note payable or what?

I do not know what you mean by handle, is it journalizing or recognizing?

Normally, you do not credit/deduct your cash in bank account until the term of the check lapses even if you already delivered the check to the payee. It is bexause they still do not have the right over the money in your bank account until the period has ended. Unless, of course, if the check is a certified check.

Now the debit depends if there is already an existing liability associated with it, otherwise, more oftentime than not, the debit would be an expense or asset.

I do not know what you mean by handle, is it journalizing or recognizing?

Normally, you do not credit/deduct your cash in bank account until the term of the check lapses even if you already delivered the check to the payee. It is bexause they still do not have the right over the money in your bank account until the period has ended. Unless, of course, if the check is a certified check.

Now the debit depends if there is already an existing liability associated with it, otherwise, more oftentime than not, the debit would be an expense or asset.

"journalizing or recognizing" I dont know how to call it(no formal training). I just need a basic explanation. And i'm using it on my own business...:)

This is how we journalized it upon received of the merchandize..

Mer Inv(DR) -----Acc Payable(CR)

During collection we issued postdated check. Ito yung problem ko how to record that check issued at least ma identify namin separately from account payable na wala pang check issued?

Basic term lang yung explanation pls..:pray:

This is how i manage my special journal voucher
attachment.php

Attachments

• jer2.png
    jer2.png
    459 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
sir you issued postdated check on collection period diba?
because it is a postdated check, wla pong entry pra dun kasi ndi pa naman magddue yun.
wla pong reduction sa cash nyo yun.
in your part kasi ikaw yung nag issue,
mas ok na po yung memo nlng tungkol sa postdated check.
pag nagdue na po yun, then that's the time na magjournal entry na po kayo.
which is to debit A/P, credit Cash.

Last edited:
sir you issued postdated check on collection period diba?
because it is a postdated check, wla pong entry pra dun kasi ndi pa naman magddue yun.
wla pong reduction sa cash nyo yun.
in your part kasi ikaw yung nag issue,
mas ok na po yung memo nlng tungkol sa postdated check.
pag nagdue na po yun, then that's the time na magjournal entry na po kayo.
which is to debit A/P, credit Cash.

Ok...how about recording it like a subsidiary journal...I just want to monitor it inside my accounting book..Na if mag due i can record it on my cash payment journal...what i mean i dont like to record that on a separate note or outside from my books or whatever..I want that to be integrated on the books..Paano kaya..hope more ideas comming..

Saan magandang magreview for Boad Exam ngaun? Been working for 8 years non accounting related. Madami na akong hahabulin at marami na din akong nakalimutan.

Please help me decide. CPAR is obviously out of the picture.

Ok...how about recording it like a subsidiary journal...I just want to monitor it inside my accounting book..Na if mag due i can record it on my cash payment journal...what i mean i dont like to record that on a separate note or outside from my books or whatever..I want that to be integrated on the books..Paano kaya..hope more ideas comming..

I have never worked before kaya hindi masyado makakatulong sagot ko haha.

Normally, it should be done as PinkCake suggested, but it still depends on the accounting software that you are using. Newer accounting systems already dealt with these kind of problems from what Ive gathered.

Spreadsheets ata gamit mo? Hmm, if that's the case, highlighting an account might help you be reminded of such an entry. Kunwari 30 days ung term, hghlighted sia ng yellow, o kaya pag 60 days green naman, haha, sensya na kung worthless suggestions ko.

Saan magandang magreview for Boad Exam ngaun? Been working for 8 years non accounting related. Madami na akong hahabulin at marami na din akong nakalimutan.

Please help me decide. CPAR is obviously out of the picture.

So Zero-based? I recommend CRC-ACE, very very underrated Review school pero napakagaling ng mga reviewers. Ung facilities nga lang so-so pero it seems inaayos na nila?

Last edited by a moderator:
guys may answer key ba kayo dun sa Datu Bago Basic Accounting Practice Set?

ang nakalagay

"THE ACCOUNTING PRACTICE IN THE 21ST CENTURY"

DATU BAGO COMMERCIAL

A PRACTICE SET FOR ACCOUNTING BEGINNERS
(MERCHANDISING BUSINESS)

Back
Top Bottom