Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
actually the deepcool Lucifer is already overkill especially if you don't plan on overclocking. I just put in to account the climate in Philippines. the reviewers are mostly from cold places so their ambient temp is way lower plus they use aircon.

just to humor you, sealed water cooling solution is best for beginners. para ring air cooling na konti lang ang maintenance. custom loop is a nightmare if youre just starting. theres also the fear of leakage.

honestly, I prefer 100% passive cooling but the technology isn't there yet to catch up with the top end rigs. theyre also very costly.
So mening to say mas recommended mo ung deep cool lucifer kesa mag water cooling solution pa ako? Thanks

sapphire r7 370 nitro 4gb is priced at 8,600. if you want more details in your game, get a 4gb. even at 1080p, 2gb will not be enough with the newer AAA games. ofcourse you can always turn off some details. r9 2gb's are at 9-11k.

nice! salamat ng marami salamat bosing sige etong 370 nalang kunin ko. malaki ba difference ng 370 sa r9 na 2 gb? or same lang po sila?

So mening to say mas recommended mo ung deep cool lucifer kesa mag water cooling solution pa ako? Thanks

water cooling, imo is targeted towards overclockers. as chromatic20 said, it isn't worth the price difference. im assuming he isn't overclocking. I checked h100i and its almost 6k. deepcool Lucifer, from their site can also be used as passive provided you have adequate air flow in your case. I recommend a case with horizontal placement of motherboard. why go passive? at a glance, youll have less dust on your heatsinks. more dust, more heat. zero vibration, less / zero chance of heatsink to get out of place. this is just my theory. fans attached to case, we could care less if it vibrates. why horizontal? as ive said before, heat tends to dissipate upwards. just put an exhaust fan on top of your case as most advise. plus, that heatsink is huge. our mobos are made from china/Taiwan. I know it can handle it but im skeptical that the board will sag or the heatsink will go out of its place. cant be too sure. im skeptic. if youre not, im not gonna force it down to your throat. im not a Nazi. :lol:

nice! salamat ng marami salamat bosing sige etong 370 nalang kunin ko. malaki ba difference ng 370 sa r9 na 2 gb? or same lang po sila?

check the specs of some of the r9's. you can try gpuboss.com for comparison. anyway, it looks like you can afford to buy an 11k card. hintay ka na lang sa sahod nitong katapusan para r9 na lang. r9 380 4gddr5 256bit = 11.4k.

Patulong ako mga bossing, Alin pa dyan ang pwedeng i-upgrade? Paki list naman yun mga pwede pa :thanks:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 75
water cooling, imo is targeted towards overclockers. as chromatic20 said, it isn't worth the price difference. im assuming he isn't overclocking. I checked h100i and its almost 6k. deepcool Lucifer, from their site can also be used as passive provided you have adequate air flow in your case. I recommend a case with horizontal placement of motherboard. why go passive? at a glance, youll have less dust on your heatsinks. more dust, more heat. zero vibration, less / zero chance of heatsink to get out of place. this is just my theory. fans attached to case, we could care less if it vibrates. why horizontal? as ive said before, heat tends to dissipate upwards. just put an exhaust fan on top of your case as most advise. plus, that heatsink is huge. our mobos are made from china/Taiwan. I know it can handle it but im skeptical that the board will sag or the heatsink will go out of its place. cant be too sure. im skeptic. if youre not, im not gonna force it down to your throat. im not a Nazi. :lol:

check the specs of some of the r9's. you can try gpuboss.com for comparison. anyway, it looks like you can afford to buy an 11k card. hintay ka na lang sa sahod nitong katapusan para r9 na lang. r9 380 4gddr5 256bit = 11.4k.

I did overclock my 3570k, you can click the link on my sig below :lmao:
though but not much since most games that I am playing doesn't seems to utilize the full potential of my cpu.

- - - Updated - - -

Sir, instead of upgrading your current rig it would be much practical to build a new system. Considering the price for LGA775 socket mobos and DDR2 rams, para ka na din nag build ng bago. And if you're planning on buying a new graphics card for your current rig, your cpu will definitely bottleneck your new gpu. :beat:

I did overclock my 3570k, you can click the link on my sig below :lmao:
though but not much since most games that I am playing doesn't seems to utilize the full potential of my cpu.

di ko nakita. hehehehe :lmao: i also don't tinker with my cpu. gpu lang oc ko by a measly 100mhz corespeed 50 mem speed. sine-set ko lang din bago maglaro then turn off pagkatapos.

yay medyo mahal po bosing haha pero titingan ko. bina budget ko pa kasi eh. eto kasi yung mga bibilhin ko
CASING: cooler master n200 = 2240
CPU cooler: noctua nh d14 = 3200
MOBO: am3 MSI 970 gaming = 4690
PSU: Seasonic (S12II) 620watts PSU 80+ Bronze = 3000
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws X 8gb ddr3 1866 CL10 = 2770
VGA RADEON: Sapphire R7 360 OC Ed 2gb = 5330
CPU: am3 AMD FX 8320E 3.2-4.0Ghz, 16mb 8-Core = 6950
total = PHP 28,180.

ang budget ko lang sana eh 25-35k haha.

found this on youtube, high settings, 720p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_WAVW-R2FM

edit: your issue will be cooling. when the cpu and gpu starts to heat up, it will throttle down. you will suffer low fps. btw, the cpu is only dual core. ask the salesperson if you can replace ram with single stick so you can have room for upgrade if it supports. my roommate had his laptop's ram changed from 4gb to 8gb when he bought it and the hdd to ssd. ofcourse he added extra money.

edit2: wala rin palang os yung binili nyang laptop. kami na nag-install. baka pwede rin dyan sa bibilihan mo. actually we wanted also to dispose the optical drive pero hindi na pumayag yung store manager. hehehehe

yes sir kaya naman, ang 940m katumbas ng gtx650 sa pc version eh, pero gaya nga ng sabi ni sir nubbest ang problema sa laptop ay mabilis mag init, pag uminit babagal talaga.. malalaro mo naman yung battlefield, meron sa youtube mga videos ng 940m sir check mo na lang,

Yun lang, pero kelangan din kasi bumili ng laptop para na din sa work dagdagan ko nalang budget para magamit na rin sa gaming. :D try ko rin ma upgrade 4 to 8gb. anu po pala yung dual channel 8gb? iba po ba yung normal na 8gb memory sa dual channel? at anu po advantage ng sdd sa hdd.. Yup the best talaga desktop pag nasa bahay kaysa laptop mas komportable mag laro :D .. Thankyou mga sir! :salute:

haven't seen the entire pic or build but I can give you a little advice sa water cooling. I've tried the thick single-120-rad (H80i from Corsair) and I'm telling you, it is not worth the price compared to a decent air cooler. Prior to h80i ang gamit ko ay hyper 212x from cooler master. Idle temps, yes mas lower si h80i but on load they almost have identical temps. Di ko pa na-try yung 240 rads or even 280 but you'll definitely get a better result with bigger radiators. You just have to check the compatibility with your case though.

Thanks sa advice sir chrome, hindi ko na babalakin mag water cooler..hehe

no chassis, total 20,120php

View attachment 1049660

*4gb vram if you want to enable a lot of gta5's eyecandy. you can opt for 2gb and turn off eyecandies. should be cheaper.
*imo, gaming rigs should have minimum of 8gb ram
*you'll have to make 25k for chassis and aftermarket cpu cooler

nakalimutan ko pala po ung 1TB HDD anu po ba maganda tatak?
casing din po pala thanks po

Last edited:
Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose a Computer

Need advise mga boss ano ba magandang upgrade sa build ko? And opinion po sa mobo ko oks lang ba ung mobo or hindi

Processor:i5-4460
Motherboard:asus b85-gamer
RAM:kingston hyperx 8gb

Video Card:Asus strix Gtx 750 ti oc 2gb gddr5

Hard Drive:wd 7200rpm 1tb
Optical Drive:none

Power Supply:huntkey up-600 600w
Casing:cougar mx200

monitor:asus vx239

Accessories:logitech gaming keyboard mouse

Last edited:
Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose a Computer

Need advise mga boss ano ba magandang upgrade sa build ko? And opinion po sa mobo ko oks lang ba ung mobo or hindi

Processor:i5-4460
Motherboard:asus b85-gamer
RAM:kingston hyperx 8gb

Video Card:Asus strix Gtx 750 ti oc 2gb gddr5

Hard Drive:wd 7200rpm 1tb
Optical Drive:none

Power Supply:huntkey up-600 600w
Casing:cougar mx200

monitor:asus vx239

Accessories:logitech gaming keyboard mouse

Graphics card upgrade would be nice :excited:
Ano po ba mga klase ng games nilalaro nyo? Kasi yung cpu nyo okay pa naman for now

AHH yun pala. Very informative. Slamat sir.. :salute:
Nag try na rin po ako mag quote ng Gaming CPU first time ko po target ko po sana more or less 25k lang pero ang laki ng inabot, anu po kaya ang dapat ko baguhin dito.. :think:

View attachment 224495

Attachments

• cpu quotation.jpg
    cpu quotation.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nag try na rin po ako mag quote ng Gaming CPU first time ko po target ko po sana more or less 25k lang pero ang laki ng inabot, anu po kaya ang dapat ko baguhin dito.. :think:

that is the price to pay if you go with intel + NVidia build. its premium items. amd is for those who doesn't have much money but still gets the job done. sure its 5-7 fps better. 2 different kinds of customers. youll just have to earn enough so you can buy the build you want.

anyway, have to suggest you get a better chassis. im not a fan of psu being on top near the cpu as that is where all the heat builds up. no top exhaust either. you also have to check if your mobo will fit inside that case.

lastly, don't cheap out on the videocard if you plan to really game on that rig. your mobo costs more. really good mobo but youre sacrificing other parts. for example, it has 3x pcie x16 which you may never need. find a cheaper mobo that can handle the other parts and get the 750ti 2gb instead. that 1gb might not cut it even for 1080p gaming with a lot of details. after all, you paid premium on a card and yet you gonna play medium settings. doesn't sound right. but that's just me. if its fine with you, go ahead.

that is the price to pay if you go with intel + NVidia build. its premium items. amd is for those who doesn't have much money but still gets the job done. sure its 5-7 fps better. 2 different kinds of customers. youll just have to earn enough so you can buy the build you want.

anyway, have to suggest you get a better chassis. im not a fan of psu being on top near the cpu as that is where all the heat builds up. no top exhaust either. you also have to check if your mobo will fit inside that case.

lastly, don't cheap out on the videocard if you plan to really game on that rig. your mobo costs more. really good mobo but youre sacrificing other parts. for example, it has 3x pcie x16 which you may never need. find a cheaper mobo that can handle the other parts and get the 750ti 2gb instead. that 1gb might not cut it even for 1080p gaming with a lot of details. after all, you paid premium on a card and yet you gonna play medium settings. doesn't sound right. but that's just me. if its fine with you, go ahead.

Very true sir!:10: And think I am one of those who doesn't have much money but still gets the job done. Lalo na kung slight difference lang naman 5-7 fps better lang naman. Parang jollibee at mcdo, halos pareho naman pero iba sa pricing. :lol: Actually AMD ang gamit ko ngayun sir, 6yrs na po sakin to pero ok pa rin :) planning to upgrade pero naisip ko sana Intel naman para maiba pero mukhang AMD for life nalang siguro budget wise :D itu po specs:
View attachment 224513
View attachment 224514
View attachment 224515
View attachment 224516
View attachment 224517

Sir baka pwede pa quote nalang po ako ng AMD build pang gaming kasama na po chassis budget po is range 25k up pero sana po d na umabot sa 30+ d na kakayanin budget.. :D

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 15
  • 22.png
    22.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 33.png
    33.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 44.png
    44.png