Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Mga boss sulit bang iswap ko tong desktop ko sa Asus ROG GL553VD-FY09T

tecware edge Tempered glass usb 3.0
intel core i7-7700 3.6-4.2 ghz 4 -core kabylake
palit gtx105ti stormX 4gb
Gskill Triden Z RGB 16GB Dual DDR4 3000 CL16
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
Seagate 1 tera
Deep Cool DE600w Gaming Power Supply Unit
Asus Rog Strix z270h Gaming
Tp Link TL-WN781ND 150mbps Wireless PCI E Adapter
Water 3.0 Dual Ring RGB High Static Pressure Fans 240 AIO Water Coolong System CPU cooler

Mga boss sulit bang iswap ko tong desktop ko sa Asus ROG GL553VD-FY09T

tecware edge Tempered glass usb 3.0
intel core i7-7700 3.6-4.2 ghz 4 -core kabylake
palit gtx105ti stormX 4gb
Gskill Triden Z RGB 16GB Dual DDR4 3000 CL16
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
Seagate 1 tera
Deep Cool DE600w Gaming Power Supply Unit
Asus Rog Strix z270h Gaming
Tp Link TL-WN781ND 150mbps Wireless PCI E Adapter
Water 3.0 Dual Ring RGB High Static Pressure Fans 240 AIO Water Coolong System CPU cooler

pwede na siguro if you are willing to compromise between the portability of a laptop (well, medyo mabigat yan pero tecnically, portable pa rin) and the power, performance, upgradability of your desktop.
1050 lang gpu nyan ha... it, pwede mo upgrade yang gpu nyan pero kelangan mo maghunt sa ebay ng MXM profile na GPU.

hello, magkakano kaya ang mga ddr3l 4gb laptop ram ngayon sa mga malls? salamat.

around 1800~2500 :think:

Hi all. Ask ko lang po which is better: Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake if considering the upgrade path? From what I read, hindi daw kasi compatible yung Coffee Lake sa Kaby Lake/Sky Lake mobos. Kaso ang mahal ng mga mobos for Coffee Lake right now :weep:

Hi all. Ask ko lang po which is better: Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake if considering the upgrade path? From what I read, hindi daw kasi compatible yung Coffee Lake sa Kaby Lake/Sky Lake mobos. Kaso ang mahal ng mga mobos for Coffee Lake right now :weep:

available na po ang H310 mobos now, price is 3,500 to 4,500, meron din B360
mas maganda upgrade path ng coffee lake, dahil mas madadami na yung cores nila compare sa naunang generation
tulad ng i5-8400(coffee) 6core-6threads yan, samantalang yung i5-7400(kaby) ay 4cores 4threads lang
ganun din sa i3 line
i3-8100(coffee) = 4cores/4threads yung i3-7100(kaby) 2cores/4threads lang
meron din Pentium Gold G5600 ang coffeelake (2cores, 4threads) with 3.9 Base Frequency (GHz) :clap: pang budget gaming

Last edited:
Haha oo nga available na. I went to check right after I posted my question.
I'm also considering Ryzen for this build. Trying to decide between i5-8400 and Ryzen 5 2400g. Would the Ryzen be enough kaya for someone whose main pc usage would be programming/compiling? I know the i5 has more cores than the Ryzen, and the i5 has the upper hand pagdating sa benchmarks but I'm wondering if Ryzen would be enough in real-world application :think:

kaby lake is a dead end platform dahil sa release ng coffee lake... and coffee lake itself is just the same cores as kabylake and skylake... same manufacturing process and same IPC (instructions per cycle). of course the newer generations have improved because of the higher clock speeds and additional cores with regards to coffee lake... pero pati coffee lake wala na rin processor upgrade path... you can maybe upgrade using PCIE expansion ports... pero there are news na maglalabas na naman ng bagong series ang intel along with the newer PCIE v4...
kung balak mo bumili ng mobo, tignan mo na mga kelangan mong features and expansion slots. maybe more SATA ports, 2 or more m.2 nvme ports, 4 or more pcie expansion slots, usb 3.1 and type C ports, better sound chip, gigabit lan, built-in wifi, etc.

I'm also considering Ryzen for this build. Trying to decide between i5-8400 and Ryzen 5 2400g. Would the Ryzen be enough kaya for someone whose main pc usage would be programming/compiling? I know the i5 has more cores than the Ryzen, and the i5 has the upper hand pagdating sa benchmarks but I'm wondering if Ryzen would be enough in real-world application :think:

ryzen 5 2400g actually has 4 cores but with 8 threads due to SMT... pero raw performance, lamang nga si 8400 kahit 6 cores lang sya. check mo features and requirements ng program compiler mo. maybe it can utilize all cores/threads ni ryzen and you'll save maybe 10% or more on compiling time.

lamang pa din dito ang i5-8400 sir, lalamang lang dito ang ryzen 2400g sa gaming kasi mas malakas igpu nya sa i5-8400
pero sa mga task encoding lamang na lamang dito i5-8400
95422.png

95425.png

Thanks for the detailed replies!

I just finished listing all the parts and prices and mga 3k lang difference ng Intel build vs the AMD build. If I opt for Ryzen 5 1600 (to match the 6 cores of i5-8400), 1k na lang difference nila ... and I'd need a dedicated GPU for the 1600 kasi wala sya on-board gfx. The cheapest I could find was around 3k, which would make the AMD build even more expensive than the Intel build. At least with the i5, I can get away with no GPU.

Hello po planning to add a 2 pc unit para sa maliit naming comshop. ung pede nang makapag play ng gta v?

budget: 10k po sana budget for 1 pc unit, (masyado po bang mababa or malaki?)
usage: comshop / para maka pag laro ng dota 2, lol, ros, gtav,

Thanks in Advance

Hello po planning to add a 2 pc unit para sa maliit naming comshop. ung pede nang makapag play ng gta v?

budget: 10k po sana budget for 1 pc unit, (masyado po bang mababa or malaki?)
usage: comshop / para maka pag laro ng dota 2, lol, ros, gtav,

Thanks in Advance

baba yan boss para sa gta v

Good Day Sir. Pa build po ako ng mid gaming setup. AMD RYZEN 5 po sana gusto ko procie.

Budget : 35 - 40k (may monitor and keyboard/mouse napo CPU ONLY)
Usage : Gaming (DOTA 2, ROS, PUBG and GTA V) and Minor Photoshop/Video Editing (Adobe Photoshop and Sony Vegas)

Thanks for advance!!

Good Day Sir. Pa build po ako ng mid gaming setup. AMD RYZEN 5 po sana gusto ko procie.

Budget : 35 - 40k (may monitor and keyboard/mouse napo CPU ONLY)
Usage : Gaming (DOTA 2, ROS, PUBG and GTA V) and Minor Photoshop/Video Editing (Adobe Photoshop and Sony Vegas)

Thanks for advance!!

kung makakakapag antay ka pa sir 1 week na lang meron ng Ryzen 2nd gen
AMD Ryzen 2700X, 2700, 2600X & 2600 Specs & Prices Confirmed – Launching April 19

- - - Updated - - -

ask ko lang about sa GPU , kailangan ba mas malakas na PSU? tnx

di lang sa gpu sir, sa buong system din
calculate mo lang yung system power usage mo tapos dun mo babase kung ilang wattage ng psu need mo
How much wattage I need in my PSU for the PC build?

Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose a Computer

ask ko lang about sa GPU , kailangan ba mas malakas na PSU? tnx

1st: anong specific GPU? magkakaiba sila ng power requirements. pwede mo gamitin ang google para hanapin ang Total Power Draw ng GPU mo.
Note: magkaiba ang Total Power Draw sa TDP (Thermal Design Power) which is also measured in Watts
2nd: mas importante ang True Rated na PSU kesa sa mataas na power rating. mga usual na generic PSU, peak wattage lang ang rating na nakalagay dyan. typically, 60% lang ang true rating nun from peak.
most basic systems without the GPU would consume less than 150w. yung mga medyo high-end na pwede overclock would range between 160~220w excluding the GPU.
most basic GPU na di gumagamit ng 6/8 pin PCIE power connector range between 35w~75w. older generation GPU's are very power hungry e.g. gtx 700 series and R9 200 series (and older) which consumes between 200w~350w per video card alone.

Last edited:
kung makakakapag antay ka pa sir 1 week na lang meron ng Ryzen 2nd gen
AMD Ryzen 2700X, 2700, 2600X & 2600 Specs & Prices Confirmed – Launching April 19

- - - Updated - - -

di lang sa gpu sir, sa buong system din
calculate mo lang yung system power usage mo tapos dun mo babase kung ilang wattage ng psu need mo
How much wattage I need in my PSU for the PC build?

Recommended PSU Wattage: 242 W . ganyan daw need ko .. salamat btw vher :)

- - - Updated - - -

1st: anong specific GPU? magkakaiba sila ng power requirements. pwede mo gamitin ang google para hanapin ang Total Power Draw ng GPU mo.
Note: magkaiba ang Total Power Draw sa TDP (Thermal Design Power) which is also measured in Watts
2nd: mas importante ang True Rated na PSU kesa sa mataas na power rating. mga usual na generic PSU, peak wattage lang ang rating na nakalagay dyan. typically, 60% lang ang true rating nun from peak.
most basic systems without the GPU would consume less than 150w. yung mga medyo high-end na pwede overclock would range between 160~220w excluding the GPU.
most basic GPU na di gumagamit ng 6/8 pin PCIE power connector range between 35w~75w. older generation GPU's are very power hungry e.g. gtx 700 series and R9 200 series (and older) which consumes between 200w~350w per video card alone.

GTX 750 ti ung plano ko na bibilhin . 2nd hand lang . budget ko lang kasi.. haha . tapos ung psu ko na bibilhin is Seasonic s12II bronze. ok lang ba ganito boss themonyo? tska another question . Hyperx at G.skill Ripjaws na Ram 4gb ddr4 2400mhz\. pwede ko ba ipag sama? tnx po

Pero anu suggest na build ninyo sir 35-40k budget mid game lng po. Kaya po kaya Ryzen 5 1600 build yan.?

Ryzen 1st gen

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 9980
Asrock AB350M Pro 4 4430
8gb ddr4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V 5200
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 2200
Asus GTX 1050 Ti Phoenix 10530
ATX: Tecware Nexus M = 1500
Seasonic S12II, 520watts PSU, 80 bronze 2800
Total: 36640

add ka na lang SSD para sa programs mo

- - - Updated - - -

Cpu lang yang ilalabas ng amd si no? hindi APU?

nauna na po nilabas yung APU sir
Ryzen 3 2200G
Ryzen 5 2400G

Back
Top Bottom