Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Are you in an open relationship?

Veslyre

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about this?
Being in a country used to monogamy and being conservative, I understand that there will be haters there or others who may not understand what the concept of an open relationship truly is. Please be open-minded in this thread. :)

If you're currently in an open relationship, what is it like? Feel free to share your experiences to enlighten others :)

As of the moment, I am planning to migrate my relationship to be in an open relationship with my boyfriend, but with guidelines mentioned in the link below.

Video for reference.

Does having a gf, then dating another girl means an open relationship?

But I think as long as you both agree to have an open rel(means your bf will also have other rel knowingly most girls are selosa xD), then it is fine

Does having a gf, then dating another girl means an open relationship?

But I think as long as you both agree to have an open rel(means your bf will also have other rel knowingly most girls are selosa xD), then it is fine

To be in an open relationship is like an agreement, where both partners know and are willingly open to third parties but having "primary partners" :)
If the man does have a girlfriend but has an affair that the girlfriend doesn't know, that's infidelity.
If they are open however, now that's an open relationship :)

Oh I see, so what I did before(matagal naman na un) was infidelity... :pray:

Did your boyfriend agree on you having another partner(and is this partner for "pleasure" only? Or for a semi-serious relationship?)

Kasi I have a gf but I don't think papayag ako na mag open rel kami, since I cannot stand the thought of seeing her with another guy :ranting:

There's nothing wrong with this kind of set up as long as both parties are well aware that they are in such a relationship. Because there are times that one of them is not aware of it due to lack of communication.

Oh I see, so what I did before(matagal naman na un) was infidelity... :pray:

Did your boyfriend agree on you having another partner(and is this partner for "pleasure" only? Or for a semi-serious relationship?)

Kasi I have a gf but I don't think papayag ako na mag open rel kami, since I cannot stand the thought of seeing her with another guy :ranting:

We're still into the preparation phase for that :)
As for me, I just want him to have the freedom to experiment and explore :D
Even if we come to terms that only he will get to experience sexual pleasure only with other women :)

What fun is it if you have a bird locked up in a cage, looking gloomily out the window playing the same monotonous tune every day?
Wouldn't it be nice if you let that bird go fly out the window and witness it come back to you one morning and it brings such a lovely tune to sing for you? :)
And you'll be like, "Oh? Where have you been? So nice to see you and hear your song again! :)
"

It will most definitely be difficult at first, even talking about it, imagining what it would be like for your partner to have another partner, but once you get into it and be completely honest with your partner? I think it's a really great thing to have :)

There are no set rules in an open relationship, only that you must be completely open and honest about anything you do :)

There's nothing wrong with this kind of set up as long as both parties are well aware that they are in such a relationship. Because there are times that one of them is not aware of it due to lack of communication.

Yes, I agree. Communication is very important, being open and honest.
Being in an open relationship takes a great amount of maturity.

P.S.
I am a bisexual female :)

Last edited:
Very timely ang paggawa mo ng thread na ito TS. I'm actually thinking about this for days na. Weighing the pros and cons of this setup.

I'm hoping na my magshare ng experiences nila dito para mapahdesisyonan ko if i really want this or not. :)

As long as there's no emotions involved then this will work, I think in the end someone will get hurt in the long run even if both of you agreed.

Last edited:
As long as there's no emotions involved then this will work, I think in the end someone will get hurt in the long run even if both of you agreed.

I'll agree with this. There's no assurance na di sya magkakaroon ng "deep emotion" toward other. It doesn't mean na open relationship kayo, kayo pa rin sa huli, there's always pros and cons here,success or regret.

Don't let the bird flies until you taught the bird how to fly back to you or you'll wait for no one.

Last edited:
This kind of relationship is best suited for people who doesn't want commitment and treat their partners more like friends with benefits or companion. For those doing this for the first time, they should refrain from falling as the relationship progresses otherwise one might get hurt if the other party is not ready to commit yet. For those who are transitioning into this kind of relationship from a serious relationship then it can serve as a breather but the future might become uncertain.

okay rin nman yung ganung setup. yung tipong kahit sino pang dumaan sa buhay nyo ay alam nyo parin sa isat isa na kayo parin talaga ang magkakatuluyan. its just something na handa kayong matuto sa mga experiences sa buhay, at hindi umiikot ang mundo nyo sa iisang tao.

im still on this kind of setup. minsan nasasaktan ako, seloso ako eh pero naiisip ko rin nman na unfair ako sa kanya

This kind of relationship is best suited for people who doesn't want commitment and treat their partners more like friends with benefits or companion. For those doing this for the first time, they should refrain from falling as the relationship progresses otherwise one might get hurt if the other party is not ready to commit yet. For those who are transitioning into this kind of relationship from a serious relationship then it can serve as a breather but the future might become uncertain.

Nasapul mo Sir Motoro, galing mo talaga hehe.
Di ako pabor sa ganitong setup.
The best pa din ung relationship na love and trust ang foundation kaya ayon happy family na kame.

Sa ganitong set up. Both parties must have strong respect and trust to each other before banging others. Communication ang best way pra malaman ang side ng bawat isa at dapat siguro wlang secret, kung may kinana ung isa dapat iopen nya dun sa isa pra atleast mas ma establish p ung trust.

D ko alam pag etong ganitong relationship ay applicable sa may mga anak nang mejo malalaki na dahil mag tatnung yan kung bakit nakikipag sipin sila sa ibang tao kahit may asawa na sila.

This kind of relationship is a recipe for disaster. Every relationship based on this principle is doomed to perish. It is like building a house without any foundation.

So open relationship eh pinabangong term for cheating with approval of partner? Wow

This kind of relationship is a recipe for disaster. Every relationship based on this principle is doomed to perish. It is like building a house without any foundation.

Does that mean you're generalizing all open relationships to fail?
Have you even been in one to boastfully admit about such a thing?
Isn't the relationship based on the foundation of trust and honesty?
If the two are open and honest about everything and abide by the rules agreed upon, is there anything really wrong in it?

So open relationship eh pinabangong term for cheating with approval of partner? Wow

Cheating is defined as:
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage
deceive or trick
be sexually unfaithful

Unfaithful is defined as:
engaging in sexual relations with a person other than one's regular partner in contravention of a previous promise or understanding

So technically, open relationships allow partners to have sexual or emotional bonds with other people
Note: that this is based on their promise/understanding
Meaning? They agreed to do this, and even when you get into a relationship there is an unspoken agreement to be loyal to each other, but voicing out their agreement and agreeing on it doesn't make it cheating at all, they both consciously agreed to have such a set up.

I kindly asked for an open mind, not a closed soul.

This kind of relationship is best suited for people who doesn't want commitment and treat their partners more like friends with
benefits or companion. For those doing this for the first time, they should refrain from falling as the relationship progresses otherwise one might get hurt if the other party is not ready to commit yet. For those who are transitioning into this kind of relationship from a serious relationship then it can serve as a breather but the future might become uncertain.

I agree with you motoro! Very witty response. We've been in a serious relationship for a long time now, but it seems he, my boyfriend, prefers to have me all to himself, which I don't mind having. :)

Cheating is defined as:
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage
deceive or trick
be sexually unfaithful

Unfaithful is defined as:
engaging in sexual relations with a person other than one's regular partner in contravention of a previous promise or understanding

So technically, open relationships allow partners to have sexual or emotional bonds with other people
Note: that this is based on their promise/understanding
Meaning? They agreed to do this, and even when you get into a relationship there is an unspoken agreement to be loyal to each other, but voicing out their agreement and agreeing on it doesn't make it cheating at all, they both consciously agreed to have such a set up.

I kindly asked for an open mind, not a closed soul.

B.S.
Open relationship is just an excuse of a playboy and a slut to fuck around.

B.S.
Open relationship is just an excuse of a playboy and a slut to fuck around.

Thanks for being ever so "open-minded" to new things, I wonder how broad your thinking has become these days :)
It's understandable that your viewpoint is that of conservative origins, so there's no blaming you for sticking to old-fashioned patterns of thinking :)

P.S.
I was being sarcastic, just in case if you didn't pick that up immediately. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for being ever so "open-minded" to new things, I wonder how broad your thinking has become these days :)
It's understandable that your viewpoint is that of conservative origins, so there's no blaming you for sticking to old-fashioned patterns of thinking :)

P.S.
I was being sarcastic, just in case if you didn't pick that up immediately. ;)

Don't tell me you're in favor of open relationships? I double check your description of the thread and gusto mo nga lumandi So that's why you're so defensive.
Decent people doesn't fuck around when they are attached. Ang tawag nila dyan eh "makati"
No matter where you go at maski san anggulo mo tingnan, it's wrong.

That's why there is a term called "slut" in the vocabulary.

Don't tell me you're in favor of open relationships? I double check your description of the thread and gusto mo nga lumandi So that's why you're so defensive.
Decent people doesn't fuck around when they are attached. Ang tawag nila dyan eh "makati"
No matter where you go at maski san anggulo mo tingnan, it's wrong.

That's why there is a term called "slut" in the vocabulary.

Funny, I don't suppose you read all my comments? Try backreading. :) especially the one where I quoted motoro ;)
I mentioned there:
I agree with you motoro! Very witty response. We've been in a serious relationship for a long time now, but it seems he, my boyfriend, prefers to have me all to himself, which I don't mind having.

Plus, I was actually just going to make it an open relationship on his end, where he gets to do what he wants.
I'm not the type to want to suffocate my partner. Plus, I was fine with this since I trust him completely. (yes I originally thought of this for his exploration, his benefit, not mine)
I wasn't after having another boyfriend or sex mate, coz in truth, I only want him.
Actually I'd like to try having a girlfriend, (since I'm bi) but I'd still prefer him over anyone else.

But as stated, and as a conclusion on my end, we'll be taking it steady from now on, just him and me, taking on life's challenges ;)
5 years and still going strong!

Was also just wanting to hear thoughts of other people regarding this, and I suppose yours falls into the category of "I'M NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT" haha :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom