Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the world is dominated by the atheist... can you imagine what would it look like to be...
is our world make it the better place to live on?

And they live happily ever after. lols

@thrown: meron po but di po iton ang tamang place baka mareport button po ako we're talking on non-theist point of view Baka ang iba mi hope pa maiibigay sa human sufferings

i think its ok since we are not debating here. tsaka it will take space on the storage if you will create another thread just for that "end of human sufferings". tsaka dont worry moderator is a theist so i think no infraction will be given to you.. kidding hehehe

In truth, there is nothing evil, only objective phenomena and experience. Yet your very purpose in life requires you to select from the growing collection of endless phenomena a scattered few which you call evil—for unless you do, you cannot call yourself, nor anything else, good. By that which you call evil do you define yourself—and by that which you call good.

We exist in this life in the world of the relative, where one thing can exist only insofar as it relates to another. If the world existed in perfect condition, your life would be terminated. It would end. A lawyer’s career would end tomorrow were there no more litigation. A doctor’s career would end tomorrow were there no more illness. A philosopher’s career would end tomorrow were there no more questions.And God’s career would end tomorrow were there no more problems!

Because you are a creature and a creator of originality, everything you create is original. It is not possible for any thought, word, or action to be duplicative. You cannot duplicate, you can only originate. Do you know why no two snowflakes are alike? Because it is impossible for them to be. “Creation” is not “duplication,” and the Creator can only create. That is why no two snowflakes are alike, no two people are alike, no two thoughts are alike, no two relationships are alike, and no two of anything are alike. The universe-and every thing in it—exists in singular form, and there truly is nothing else like it. This is the Divine Dichotomy again. Everything is singular, yet everything is One. That is the theory of everything or the unified field theory.

it's not an issue of religious belief, neither your theist or atheist it is always a matter of your choosing... a personal judgement

The world is the way it is because it could not be any other way and still exist in the gross realm of physicality. Earthquakes and hurricanes, floods and tornados, and events that you call natural disasters are but movements of the elements from one polarity to the other. The whole birth-death cycle is part of this movement. These are the rhythms of life, and everything in gross reality is subject to them, because life itself is a rhythm. It is a wave, a vibration, a pulsation at the very heart of the All That Is. What seems like punishment to you-or what you would call evil, or bad luck—is nothing more than a natural law asserting itself.

-Evil is that which you call evil. For it is only through that which you call evil that you can know good; I do not love hot more than I love cold, high more than low, left more than right. It is all relative. It is all part of what is. I do not love “good” more than I love “bad.” Shakespeare said, nothing is “evil” lest thinking make it so.
:yawn: ah ganun ba sir.? ok.:lmao: anyway, Man's sinful nature causes wars, poverty and random acts of violence due to a hardship or injustice caused by humans. You cannot escape the flaw design of man, the only way to repair the fault is to learn from history. that's my opinion.

Code:
really? I'm not aware of those, but I'll consider that as bald assertion unless you provided some facts about that.:)

check this out grey, kasi mi mga information kasi na classified na di natin alam sa totoong nangyayair sa medical and sa pharmaceticals :) ... conspiracy ika nga :) http://www.newtreatments.org/truth.php

Code:
and about the "some typhoon caused by global warming" thing? that "maybe" true pero kahit nuong panahon paman ay meron nang bagyo.:lmao:

Ung ondoy is somewhat man made :)
View attachment 364967
taken from http://www.betterphilippines.com/en...r-in-rp-in-easy-to-understand-picture-format/
Yup, ung mga storm is nature talaga yun and matagal na yun...

Code:
dude sinabi ko na nga eh, hanggang may different beliefs and religion that constantly contradicting each other hindi mawawala yang suffering nayan dahil laging merong extremist na handang ipaglaban at ang paniniwala nya hanggang kamatayan. at yan ay yung sufferings pa lang lang na gawa ng tao, at meron pang sufferings na gawa ng kalikasan.
dude wala ako oras para basahin yung buong site na binigay mo. di ko rin makita yung pinopointout mo.;)

about sa ondoy flood, ang tinutukoy yata na man made dun is yung flood and not the typhoon. pansin mo?

Singled out natin ang religion (History kasi mag un na mention mo) :) base sa mga responses mo, wala talagang solusyun ang never ending na sufferings :upset: in non-athiest point of view, hope I'm wrong :) otherwise meron pang mag-bigay ilaw sa bumbilya
ba't mo aalisin ang religion sa usapan? eh yun nga sa opinyon ko ang isa sa mga nagcocause ng suffering sa mundo next from poverty.:slap: sa tingin mo yung mga crusade holy wars at suiceide bombing ay hindi nagcocause ng suffering? yung hindi matapos na labanan ng mga kristyano at muslim sa Palestine? hindi paba ngcocause ng suffering yun? open your eyes jtribaco.

Atheist here. :thumbsup: :salute:

sino-sino mga active na atheist dito?..
welcome aboard :lol: wala masyado active na atheist dito, mas active pa yata mga theist sa thread na to eh.:lmao:

I smile :)

@thrown: meron po but di po iton ang tamang place baka mareport button po ako :) we're talking on non-theist point of view :) Baka ang iba mi hope pa maiibigay sa human sufferings :)
alam mo dude may nasabi na yata ako sa mga post ko eh, baka di mo lang inintindi. kung ang tinutukoy mo ay yung suffering na gawa ng tao may paraan pang mabago yun since manmade lang naman yun. kung ang pinopointout mo ay walang solusyon ang atheism sa suffering, talagang wala dahil ang atheism ( paulit-ulit talaga ko nito ) is just the lack of belief in a higher being. tsk tsk. hirap naman ipaintindi. every atheist have different view with regards to that matter, pero maaring sakanya lang yun, dahil malamang iba naman ang opinyon nung isang atheist. kung kayo sa religion nyo ay meron eh di kayo na.:lmao: pero ang tanong sa dalawang libong taon na pag exist ng religion sa mundo nasaan ang solusyon na iyon? ang relihiyon na yata ang pinaka malaking EPIC FAIL sa mundo. :lol:

ito isang pampamulat ng mata nyo, atheist countries are more peaceful than the religious one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA&feature=player_embedded

^ @grey: 1st, delete mo ang double post... :)
Code:
ba't mo aalisin ang religion sa usapan? eh yun nga sa opinyon ko ang isa sa mga nagcocause ng suffering sa mundo next from poverty. sa tingin mo yung mga crusade holy wars at suiceide bombing ay hindi nagcocause ng suffering? yung hindi matapos na labanan ng mga kristyano at muslim sa Palestine? hindi paba ngcocause ng suffering yun? open your eyes jtribaco.
ung crusade kasi sa roman catholic un, di un sa mga born-again christian :) history also said that meron nangyari na revival na nasimulan ni Martin Luther nung 16th century, mga reformist, un so on so forth... Mas malinaw sabihin natin ang distinction sa catholic belief and born-again christian belief (for sure mi mag-rereact todo between this line, I'm not on the right thread to do so :) ).

Regarding sa mga muslim brother ala me idea, all I know mi radical tawag sa kanila otherwise someone who belongs to them will answer this. This must be reason. :)

Code:
about sa ondoy flood, ang tinutukoy yata na man made dun is yung flood and not the typhoon. pansin mo?
somewhat manmade ung so much flood, mi epekto rin ang global warming (dahil so much carbon na proproduce) kasi di na normal ang bagyo or let's say weather (malamig sa summer for example, etc.) :) Typhoon are hot and cold air mixed...

Code:
dude wala ako oras para basahin yung buong site na binigay mo. di ko rin makita yung pinopointout mo
Heto na lang :) computer virus company makes virus and make solution :) di lang documented, I have some friends working on that company... yUN LANG :)

Code:
pero ang tanong sa dalawang libong taon na pag exist ng religion sa mundo nasaan ang solusyon na iyon? ang relihiyon na yata ang pinaka malaking EPIC FAIL sa mundo.

Sagot mo:
Code:
dude sinabi ko na nga eh, hanggang may different beliefs and religion that constantly contradicting each other hindi mawawala yang suffering nayan dahil laging merong extremist na handang ipaglaban at ang paniniwala nya hanggang kamatayan. at yan ay yung sufferings pa lang lang na gawa ng tao, at meron pang sufferings na gawa ng kalikasan.

Pwede ko rin sagutin:
Code:
For how many years din nag-exist ang human philisophy and ideology, wala din nagawang solusyon sa mga sufferings ng tao. malaking EPIC FAIL din sa mundo

Hope fair lang :) As long meron po tayo free-will, misunderstanding will exist for so many reason, also contribute the human behavior (greed, abuse, desires, etc.). For us, Christain we have guidance how to face human problem and strategy to overcome and live harmony with the people. If you consider Japan as nation of majority of non-theist, see the statisitc of high occurence of suicide incident... how alarming!

I'm not debating here but just want to hear how the non-theist solve the suferings :) Hope matanong natin ki Dawkins. Dito po tayo thread niyo...

I'm not debating here but just want to hear how the non-theist solve the suferings Hope matanong natin ki Dawkins. Dito po tayo thread niyo...

An atheist may do his part in ending the suffering in this world by doing things that will help people. Although it is a long process, and will take long time to accomplish, still this group is doing their part. Pwde mo naman bisitahin ang ilang sites ng free thinkers para malaman mo yung mga activities na ginagawa nila. And this sites or activities are non profitable but they still help people.

Eh how about your religion? do they help other people periodically?

Hope fair lang As long meron po tayo free-will, misunderstanding will exist for so many reason, also contribute the human behavior (greed, abuse, desires, etc.). For us, Christain we have guidance how to face human problem and strategy to overcome and live harmony with the people. If you consider Japan as nation of majority of non-theist, see the statisitc of high occurence of suicide incident... how alarming!

yes you are right Japan has high suicide rate. in fact they are in rank 5 worldwide (based on wikipedia). BUT it is quite funny that you pointed Japan's data while disregarding the top 1. It is Lithuania. In 2005, 79% of Lithuanians belonged to the Roman Catholic Church. Lithuania also has the highest homicide rate in the EU. isnt it much alarming? here's the stats.
Roman Catholic – 79.0% (2.752 million)
Orthodox – 4.1% (142,000)
Orthodox Old Believers – 0.8% (27,100)
Evangelical Lutherans – 0.6% (19,600)
Reformed Church – 0.2% (7,100)
Jehovah's Witnesses – 0.1% (3,500)
Muslim Sunni – 0.1% (2,900)
Charismatics – 0.06% (2,200)
Pentecostalism – 0.04% (1,300)
Judaism – 0.04% (1,300)
Old Baltic religion – 0.04% (1,300)
Other religions – 0.3% (11 thousand.)
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania#Religion

japanese are known for their "maprinsipyo" attitude. look how disciplined they are specially during the tsunami tragedy. kahit pa pwede na nilang kunin ang pagkain sa mga bukas na tindahan, hindi nila to ginagawa. they fall in line or relief goods contrary to what we saw in haiti where people almost kill each other just for 1 pack of food.

you also pointed out freewill in your post. in my opinion, freewill contradicts the what you so called "God's plan".

@thrown: thanks for stats :) ... we're not on moving toward that. Baka mi sumlupot na additional stats pa and matabunan na ang topic natin.
you also pointed out freewill in your post. in my opinion, freewill contradicts the what you so called "God's plan".
You are deserve for that sir, we are not robot afterall... di naman sya contradict but I can't answer here, it is not right place to do so (kumakaway si report button sakin :) ) and baka mag-flaming here.
@cancell: thanks for that, try ko pag mi-time :) baka mi idea pa mga biggest name ng mga antheism regarding this...

Eh how about your religion? do they help other people periodically?
Yes, aside from spiritual enrichment: counselling legal and marriage, parenting, juvenile issues, medical mission, scholarship, etc. and sending missionaries to hostile countries to reach out far flung remote areas. Mga calamity here sa pinas like ondoy and they even sent help in Japan (tsunami) Many to mention pa :) just for generosity and volunteerism.

Last edited:
i think it is just ok to explain what you believed in as long as it is not "imposed". afterall, guests are welcome here.

sabi nga ni Mr. Moderator, you do not impose your belief. you just dont have to use a bible quote to explain. hindi yan effective dito sa thread.

^ @grey: 1st, delete mo ang double post... :)
Code:
ba't mo aalisin ang religion sa usapan? eh yun nga sa opinyon ko ang isa sa mga nagcocause ng suffering sa mundo next from poverty. sa tingin mo yung mga crusade holy wars at suiceide bombing ay hindi nagcocause ng suffering? yung hindi matapos na labanan ng mga kristyano at muslim sa Palestine? hindi paba ngcocause ng suffering yun? open your eyes jtribaco.
ung crusade kasi sa roman catholic un, di un sa mga born-again christian :) history also said that meron nangyari na revival na nasimulan ni Martin Luther nung 16th century, mga reformist, un so on so forth... Mas malinaw sabihin natin ang distinction sa catholic belief and born-again christian belief (for sure mi mag-rereact todo between this line, I'm not on the right thread to do so :) ).

I am talking about religion in general, wag mong gamitin escape rope ang sektang kinabibilangan mo ngayon dahil sa roman catholic pa rin nangaling yan.:lmao:

kung ano mang sekta mo ngayon ginawa nalang yan ng mga leader nyo para sila ay yumaman. negosyo kung baga.

Regarding sa mga muslim brother ala me idea, all I know mi radical tawag sa kanila otherwise someone who belongs to them will answer this. This must be reason. :)
still! reiligion is the cause, right? :lmao:

Code:
somewhat manmade ung so much flood, mi epekto rin ang global warming (dahil so much carbon na proproduce) kasi di na normal ang bagyo or let's say weather (malamig sa summer for example, etc.) :) Typhoon are hot and cold air mixed...
yes, I already agreed to this remember,? pero hindi lang ondoy ang bagyo na pumatay ng napakaraming tao, ano ba gusto mo sabihin sa topic na to? na porke yung ondoy eh manmade (DAW) so lahat na nung natural disaster na pumatay ng libo libong tao eh hindi na kagagawan ng kalikasan?

suffering exist, so either god is not all powerful and all good or he does not exist!.;)

Code:
dude wala ako oras para basahin yung buong site na binigay mo. di ko rin makita yung pinopointout mo
Heto na lang :) computer virus company makes virus and make solution :) di lang documented, I have some friends working on that company... yUN LANG :)
:lol: anong kinalaman ng computer virus sa topic natin ng human suffering? :rofl: ang pinaguusapan natin ay yung mga virus at deceases na dahilan ng suffering ng mga tao! hindi yan manmade.lol

Code:
pero ang tanong sa dalawang libong taon na pag exist ng religion sa mundo nasaan ang solusyon na iyon? ang relihiyon na yata ang pinaka malaking EPIC FAIL sa mundo.

Sagot mo:
Code:

Pwede ko rin sagutin:
Code:
For how many years din nag-exist ang human philisophy and ideology, wala din nagawang solusyon sa mga sufferings ng tao. malaking EPIC FAIL din sa mundo
haha. . .talagang pilit mo lang kinacounter yung mga sagot ko kahit wala na sa hulog yung mga sinasabi mo. :lmao: are you sure? look at how buddha lives his life with his philosophy,? wala syang dyos na katulad ng pinaniniwalaan nyo pero maayos at nabuhay sya ng malayo sa mga suffering na katulad na dinadanas ng mga ato ngayon., of course hindi nito masusulusyunan ang suffering ng buong mundo dahil hindi naman lahat ng tao nabubuhay sa philosophy, lalo na yung mga taong nakadipende lang sa isang lumang librong gawa ng sinaunang tao.

Hope fair lang :) As long meron po tayo free-will, misunderstanding will exist for so many reason, also contribute the human behavior (greed, abuse, desires, etc.). For us, Christain we have guidance how to face human problem and strategy to overcome and live harmony with the people. If you consider Japan as nation of majority of non-theist, see the statisitc of high occurence of suicide incident... how alarming!
you know why some of atheist's are committing suicide? dahil sainyong mga theist, ang rejection at mga panlalait at panghuhusga nyong mga theist ang dahilan minsan kung kaya may mga atheists na nagpapakamatay, lalo na yung mga emotionally weak persons. hindi nila matanggap na dahil lang sa paniniwala nila nirereject na sila ng community at iba na ang tingin ng tao sa kanila. proven yan sa ibang country na marami din ang suicide rate. and in japan's case, there are lot of factors why a person commits suicide in that country, poor mental-health, depression, financial loss, physical illness and debt. mga dahilan din kung bakit kahit ang isang taong may relihiyon ay nagcocommit ng suicide.

I'm not debating here but just want to hear how the non-theist solve the suferings :) Hope matanong natin ki Dawkins. Dito po tayo thread niyo..
you want the non theist to solve the sufferings made by religion? LOL!

are you sure you are not debating here?

you know why some of atheist's are committing suicide? dahil sainyong mga theist, ang rejection at mga panlalait at panghuhusga nyong mga theist ang dahilan minsan kung kaya may mga atheists na nagpapakamatay, lalo na yung mga emotionally weak persons. hindi nila matanggap na dahil lang sa paniniwala nila nirereject na sila ng community at iba na ang tingin ng tao sa kanila. proven yan sa ibang country na marami din ang suicide rate. and in japan's case, there are lot of factors why a person commits suicide in that country, poor mental-health, depression, financial loss, physical illness and debt. mga dahilan din kung bakit kahit ang isang taong may relihiyon ay nagcocommit ng suicide.
medyo mabigat ito, needs ito mabigat na evidence... :)
I have no further rebuttal, It seems no fit mag-reply sa mockery... I admire your cunning of mind. Keep on reading (and googling), good exercise for the brain. :)

@thrown: thanks for your being diplomatic, hope ganyan din sila heheh peace. anyway, seems I have no further inquiry sa sufferings. I came here to read baka makasolve ang antheism or any ideas to eliminate or minimize sufferings... Mukhang mi answer na me nakuha sa inyong lahat :)

Salamat :)

Last edited:
medyo mabigat ito, needs ito mabigat na evidence... :)
I have no further rebuttal, It seems no fit mag-reply sa mockery... I admire your cunning of mind. Keep on reading (and googling\0, good exercise for the brain. :)

@thrown: thanks for your being diplomatic, hope ganyan din sila heheh peace. anyway, seems I have no further inquiry sa sufferings. I came here to read baka makasolve ang antheism or any ideas to eliminate or minimize sufferings... Mukhang mi answer na me nakuha sa inyong lahat :)

Salamat :)

lol! di na kaya so idadaan nalang sa drama.? It's is not a mockery my friend, it is base on studies and investigation.:lol: evidence pa gusto mo bigyan nalang kita ng sample. http://richarddawkins.net/discussio...d-suicide-because-of-persecution-by-the-pious

Last edited:
yes you are right Japan has high suicide rate. in fact they are in rank 5 worldwide (based on wikipedia). BUT it is quite funny that you pointed Japan's data while disregarding the top 1. It is Lithuania. In 2005, 79% of Lithuanians belonged to the Roman Catholic Church. Lithuania also has the highest homicide rate in the EU. isnt it much alarming? here's the stats.
Roman Catholic – 79.0% (2.752 million)
Orthodox – 4.1% (142,000)
Orthodox Old Believers – 0.8% (27,100)
Evangelical Lutherans – 0.6% (19,600)
Reformed Church – 0.2% (7,100)
Jehovah's Witnesses – 0.1% (3,500)
Muslim Sunni – 0.1% (2,900)
Charismatics – 0.06% (2,200)
Pentecostalism – 0.04% (1,300)
Judaism – 0.04% (1,300)
Old Baltic religion – 0.04% (1,300)
Other religions – 0.3% (11 thousand.)
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania#Religion

japanese are known for their "maprinsipyo" attitude. look how disciplined they are specially during the tsunami tragedy. kahit pa pwede na nilang kunin ang pagkain sa mga bukas na tindahan, hindi nila to ginagawa. they fall in line or relief goods contrary to what we saw in haiti where people almost kill each other just for 1 pack of food.

well said! This is the only post we need to shut their mouth off but still fundamentalists are still fundamentalists wala n tayo magagawa hindi pa rin titigil ang mga yan..:thumbsup: read mode lang ako

ito sampal sa muka ng mga fundamentalist na nagpupumilit na ang bible ay ultimate truth! :thumbsup:

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture.

The document is timely, coming as it does amid the rise of the religious Right, in particular in the US.

read more: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article574768.ece

^ano kaya ang masasabi ng CBCP dyan? and what would be the effect of that to those sola scriptura believers?

^ IDK bro.:lol: malamang no comment lang sila busy pa sa pagkontra sa RH bill eh.:lmao:

ito sampal sa muka ng mga fundamentalist na nagpupumilit na ang bible ay ultimate truth! :thumbsup:

THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture.

The document is timely, coming as it does amid the rise of the religious Right, in particular in the US.

read more: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article574768.ece

very nice..naisip ko tuloy..pano kaya kung ung isang bata eh mulang pagkapanganak hanggang paglaki..bible lang ang ipabasa?

malalaman kaya niya na oblate spheroid ang mundo? na naunang mabuo ang araw bago nagkaroon ng earth? na sun ang center of the solar system at ang earth ang umiikot dito?..:lol:

Last edited:
Code:
lol! di na kaya so idadaan nalang sa drama.? It's is not a mockery my friend, it is base on studies and investigation. evidence pa gusto mo bigyan nalang kita ng sample. http://richarddawkins.net/discussion...n-by-the-pious

Condolence for him and sa family nya :( di lang natin alam other side of the story... ung links mo di related sa Japan suicide but other countries :) base sa mga ma site mo na causes bakit di nagawan ng paraan un?

To be fair, Christian suffers too :) see link below:
http://www.persecution.org/

Code:
^ IDK bro. malamang no comment lang sila busy pa sa pagkontra sa RH bill eh.

Agree, Busy sila nun :)

Code:

Code:
^ano kaya ang masasabi ng CBCP dyan? and what would be the effect of that to those sola scriptura believers?

Problema talaga yan ng mga ROMAN CATHOLIC :rofl:

Code:
very nice..naisip ko tuloy..pano kaya kung ung isang bata eh mulang pagkapanganak hanggang paglaki..bible lang ang ipabasa?

malalaman kaya niya na bilog ang mundo? na naunang mabuo ang araw bago nagkaroon ng earth? na sun ang center of the universe?..

What do you think answerkey? share muna naman :rofl:

Last edited:

malalaman kaya niya na bilog ang mundo? na naunang mabuo ang araw bago nagkaroon ng earth? na sun ang center of the universe?..

- What if there is no bible... will people live happily every after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom