Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
dre, sabi ko syo bawasan mo ung dami nilalagay mong kape.hehe walang kang makikita sa hubble na space ship.hehe ang totoo nyan maniwala ka man o hindi, kahit itutok mo sa moon ung hubble space telescope hindi mo makikita ung moon rover nila armstrong nung 1968. factor mo ung distance at size ng objects. hindi ganun kalakas pa ang telescopes natin. kahit pa un bago - yung james web tel.
Yup totoo lahat tayo gawa sa abo ng supernovae.lahat ng atom sa paligid natin, except helium at hydrogren ata sila ung basic kasi. pero hindi ibig sabihin ka-anyo na natin sila, lahat ng lifeform sa earth gawa sa parehong stardust pero hindi lahat pareho anyo. Meron nga kanta "we are made of stars" ewan ko kanino un. cge dre gawa na lang tyo hiwalay na thread minsan, baka ilipat n nmn ni padre to.hehe idlip na muna ko.

hayaan mo si padre pio, lagi yan nag iignore :rofl:
dun na lang sa thread mo dre, usap usap tayo dun, lalo na si deuterium :rofl:

i add nyo na lang sa fb si blackstein para malaman nyong babae ba talaga sya o lalake.

free will versus determinism

Free will is the ability of agents to make choices free from certain kinds of constraints. The existence of free will and its exact nature and definition have long been debated in philosophy. Historically, the constraint of dominant concern has been nomological,determinism, the notion that the present dictates the future entirely and necessarily, that every occurrence results inevitably from prior events. Many hold that nomological determinism must be false in order for free will to be possible, and then debate whether it is true or false and thus whether free will is possible or not. The two main positions within that debate are metaphysical libertarianism, the claim that nomological determinism is false, so free will is at least possible; and hard determinism, the claim that nomological determinism is true, so free will does not exist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

Libertarianism is the group of political philosophies that advocates minimizing coercion and emphasizes freedom, liberty, and voluntary association. Libertarians generally advocate a society with significantly less government compared to most present day societies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

@pinoy_radical are you libertarian?

Man is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.Ayn Rand
Man every man is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others. He must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life

selfish guy

Last edited:
@leetwotwo
kung nahihirapan ka sa freewill v. determinism, dapat cguro wag ka n lng mgcomment ng ganyan silent at read read ka na lng. useless kc comment na walang laman.

@adversary
yes humble ung username ko, all agnostics, like me, are humble in admitting that we have insufficient knowledge to give the complete answer about the existence and nature of God. Kaya bobo lang po ako at kulang ang nalalaman ko. btw thanks for the wiki, para yan sa katulad ni leetwotwo, kc karamihan sa ngbabasa dito alam na yan at one level of complexity or another. so ano nga ung fb?

@topic freewill v. determinism
thousands of years standing debate na yan at maraming areas of science and philosophy and involve dyan kaya goodluck sa gustong magtalo dyan. I take a personal preference to not believe in the existence of freewill and treat it as one big illusion. Even Neurosciense is now leaning towards same this direction in new researches.

Last edited:
@leetwotwo
kung nahihirapan ka sa freewill v. determinism, dapat cguro wag ka n lng mgcomment ng ganyan silent at read read ka na lng. useless kc comment na walang laman.
may pagkaboastful ka pala :lol:
@adversary
yes humble ung username ko, all agnostics, like me, are humble in admitting that we have insufficient knowledge to give the complete answer about the existence and nature of God. Kaya bobo lang po ako at kulang ang nalalaman ko. btw thanks for the wiki, para yan sa katulad ni leetwotwo, kc karamihan sa ngbabasa dito alam na yan at one level of complexity or another. so ano nga ung fb?
sorry i can't give you that kind of information :p
thousands of years standing debate na yan at maraming areas of science and philosophy and involve dyan kaya goodluck sa gustong magtalo dyan. I take a personal preference to not believe in the existence of freewill and treat it as one big illusion. Even Neurosciense is now leaning towards same this direction in new researches.
:salute:

@leetwotwo

hence your comment, walang ring laman
and also..
hence your name :slap:

hence your comment, walang ring laman
and also..
hence your name :slap:

if you will only quote my comments in parts, it will be taken out of context. basahin mo ulit buo merong laman yan.
nga pala, alam mo ba na your english is funny, alam mo ba talaga pano gamitin ung salitang "hence"? :rofl: sorry natawa ako sa english mo.
pati ung mga ibang mga post mo parang nakaktawa rin ung pagkaka english.:rofl: wag mo pilitin tsong .:lol: lumalabas pag trying hard. gusto mo ipost natin dito yung mga nakakatawa mo mga english?
ako aminado bobo-lang-po-ako pero i can see thru your english level. magtagalog na lang tayo:lmao:
di kaya dahil dun kaya ka niloloko d2 kanina or dahil sa niloloko ka bading ka? or baka pareho?:rofl: "gay is the new blackstein"

Last edited:
bro bobolangpoako magandang umaga at magandang umaga din sa lahat

wala naman cguro masama kung di gaano marunong magenglish ang mahalaga may nkakaintindi ng mga post nya kht maling english ang gamit nya

sa mga amerikano at briton marami din kanila ang di gaanong marunong magsulat ng english .bagamat ang wika nila ay english pero pag pinasulat sa kanila ang sinasalita nila eh mali mali ang spelling at sentence .

Sa mexico po marami po abogado dyan hirap sa wikang english magsalita o magsulat sapagkat practicing lawyer sila sa sariling wika nila .at naghired pa sila tagasalin nila

japan mas lalu hndi gaanong sanay magenglish pero mayaman ang bansa .

Ngayon sana maturuan mo kami ng tamang bararilang english .katulad ng hence kung san ito.paano o kailan lang puwd gamitin sa paggawa ng pangungusap na english

sana matulungan m kami sa tamang pageenglish na salamat naman at napuna mo

sariling opinion lang po

if you will only quote my comments in parts, it will be taken out of context. basahin mo ulit buo merong laman yan.
nga pala, alam mo ba na your english is funny, alam mo ba talaga pano gamitin ung salitang "hence"? :rofl: sorry natawa ako sa english mo.
pati ung mga ibang mga post mo parang nakaktawa rin ung pagkaka english.:rofl: wag mo pilitin tsong .:lol: lumalabas pag trying hard. gusto mo ipost natin dito yung mga nakakatawa mo mga english?
ako aminado bobo-lang-po-ako pero i can see thru your english level. magtagalog na lang tayo:lmao:
di kaya dahil dun kaya ka niloloko d2 kanina or dahil sa niloloko ka bading ka? or baka pareho?:rofl: "gay is the new blackstein"

sori bro ha? "bobo lang po ako eh"

hindi na bago yan dahil marami talaga ang kumokorek sa grammar ko,
sa mga "baguhan" dito please lang hindi laging literal ang usapan dito.

madalas akong gagamit ng figurative statements disregarding grammar so take it or leave it.
tingnan mo pati simpleng biruan dito hindi mo maunawaan. baka ikaw ang sampid dito at dunung dunungan? Lol

I admit my weakness in grammar so mr. "humble kuno" and perfectionist, you still have problems? or will you educate us?

Last edited:
ohayo gozaimasu :wave:

Free will is the ability of agents to make choices free from certain kinds of constraints. The existence of free will and its exact nature and definition have long been debated in philosophy. Historically, the constraint of dominant concern has been nomological,determinism, the notion that the present dictates the future entirely and necessarily, that every occurrence results inevitably from prior events. Many hold that nomological determinism must be false in order for free will to be possible, and then debate whether it is true or false and thus whether free will is possible or not. The two main positions within that debate are metaphysical libertarianism, the claim that nomological determinism is false, so free will is at least possible; and hard determinism, the claim that nomological determinism is true, so free will does not exist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

Libertarianism is the group of political philosophies that advocates minimizing coercion and emphasizes freedom, liberty, and voluntary association. Libertarians generally advocate a society with significantly less government compared to most present day societies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

@pinoy_radical are you libertarian?

Man is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.Ayn Rand
Man every man is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others. He must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life

selfish guy

Nope. I don't consider myself as a libertarian or an objectivist.

well, I consider myself as a selfish individual but that does not mean I'm against helping other people. I can say that without contradiction.

ever heard Linux OS? Open Source?

let me quote Linus Torvalds:

In many ways, I actually think the real idea of open source is for it to allow everybody to be “selfish”, not about trying to get everybody to contribute to some common good.

In other words, I do not see open source as some big goody-goody “let’s all sing kumbaya around the campfire and make the world a better place”. No, open source only really works if everybody is contributing for their own selfish reasons.

Now, those selfish reasons by no means need to be about “financial reward”, though.

I couldn't agree more.

@leetwotwo

@adversary

"I take a personal preference " So, you "chose" not to believe in the existence of free will.

I wonder why... because you are constrained by deterministic mechanisms to do so?

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great."

@pinoyrdical libertarianism is, at is core however free market can't solve all the problem :lol:

@pinoyrdical libertarianism is, at is core however free market can't solve all the problem :lol:

i got your point so, you want a limited government that will not Force you to pay this ,and to pay that. i hate say this , that wishful thinking , hindi uubra sa pinas yan :)

Edit: pakiignore yun isang post di ko madelete , sorry sa mga mispelled words if there's any thank you :) back to sleep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom