Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I'm not blaming religion. I'm stating about the choice. Choice was prepackaged to us by society since birth. These choices are standard in life, religion, personality, nationality, education, leader of the country, ambition in life etc. But at the end of the day, choices are still favor to society.

If you watched Matrix, you will see how Choice works inside of a Matrix.

Last edited:
You cannot blame religion. It is the PEOPLE that creates the wars that the world is into now. You cannot also say that Islam, Judaism or Christianity are giving orders to the people to rally and start battling or killing innocent lives. It is the MISINTERPRETATION of the writings and scriptures. But if an individual interprets or absorbs the Qur'an or the Holy Bible in the right way, he/she will be enlightened and be worry-free, or in other generalized term, HAPPY. That's why some people are very depressed and even some of them take suicide. It is because they don't have a God with them and in them. Thank you.

Many Christians fatally think their religion is only a surefire recipe for peace and that it is only people and their inherent evil that is creating all the troubles in the world right now. Yet they know their god himself gave marching orders to kill people—men, women, and children—for the pettiest reason. A closer look at the bible reveals that it is nothing but a blistering manual for warmongers, warlords, and slave traders. Apologists think cherry-picking would make people overlook this inconvenient fact. So tell me if there is ever a need even for the slightest MISREPRESENTATION from the following enlightening instructions from the lord:

185,000 Assyrians slaughtered by god’s angel of death:
"That night the angel of the Lord went forth and struck down one hundred and eighty five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. Early the next morning, there they were, all the corpses of the dead" [2 Kings 19:35]​

god Kills 70,000 Men Over a Census:
[God punishes David for ordering a census of his people] "Yahweh spoke to Gad, David's seer, saying, Go and speak to David, saying, Thus says Yahweh, I offer you three things: choose you one of them, that I may do it to you. So Gad came to David, and said to him, Thus says Yahweh, Take which you will: either three years of famine; or three months to be consumed before your foes, while the sword of your enemies overtakes you; or else three days the sword of Yahweh, even pestilence in the land, and the angel of Yahweh destroying throughout all the borders of Israel. Now therefore consider what answer I shall return to him who sent me. David said to Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall, I pray, into the hand of Yahweh; for very great are his mercies: and let me not fall into the hand of man. So Yahweh sent a pestilence on Israel; and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men" [1 Chronicles 21:9-14]​

120,000 Killed for God & 200,000 made slaves:
"That is why the LORD his God allowed the king of Aram to defeat Ahaz and to exile large numbers of his people to Damascus. The armies of Israel also defeated Ahaz and inflicted many casualties on his army. In a single day Pekah son of Remaliah, Israel's king, killed 120,000 of Judah's troops because they had abandoned the LORD, the God of their ancestors. Then Zicri, a warrior from Ephraim, killed Maaseiah, the king's son; Azrikam, the king's palace commander; and Elkanah, the king's second-in-command. The armies of Israel captured 200,000 women and children from Judah and took tremendous amounts of plunder, which they took back to Samaria" [2 Chronicles 28:5-8]​

God slaughters Ethiopians and Assyrians:
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. [Zephaniah 2:12-15]​

God orders Jews to slaughter everyone, including livestock in Jericho:
"When the people heard the sound of the horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the city from every side and captured it. They completely destroyed everything in it – men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys – everything" [Joshua 6:20-21]​

Kill All of Babylon:
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". [Jeremiah 50:21-22]​

King David slaughters 3 ancient nations to cover his crimes [Geshurites, Girzites and Amalekites]
"And David and his men went up, and made a raid upon the Geshurites, and the Girzites, and the Amalekites; for those `nations' were the inhabitants of the land, who were of old, as thou goest to Shur, even unto the land of Egypt. And David smote the land, and saved neither man nor woman alive, and took away the sheep, and the oxen, and the asses, and the camels, and the apparel; and he returned, and came to Achish. And Achish said, Against whom have ye made a raid to-day? And David said, Against the South of Judah, and against the South of the Jerahmeelites, and against the South of the Kenites. And David saved neither man nor woman alive, to bring them to Gath, saying, Lest they should tell of us, saying, So did David, and so hath been his manner all the while he hath dwelt in the country of the Philistines." [1 Samuel 27:8-11]​

King David's War Crimes [Ammon]
"And it came to pass, at the time of the return of the year, at the time when kings go out `to battle', that Joab led forth the army, and wasted the country of the children of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried at Jerusalem. And Joab smote Rabbah, and overthrew it. And David took the crown of their king from off his head, and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it; and it was set upon David's head: and he brought forth the spoil of the city, exceeding much. And he brought forth the people that were therein, and cut `them' with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. And thus did David unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem." [1 Chronicles 20:1-3]​

Wives of Israel dripping with gold following all the slaughter and plunder:
"The Lord announces victory, and throngs of women shout the happy news. Enemy kings and their armies flee, while the women of Israel divide the plunder. Though they lived among the sheepfolds, now they are covered with silver and gold, as a dove is covered by its wings. The Almighty scattered the enemy kings like a blowing snowstorm on Mount Zalmon." [Psalms 68:11-15]​

Rape and the Spoils of War:
"They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil." [Judges 5:30-31]​

Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites at Moses' orders:
"They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho."​

"Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves." [Numbers 31:7-18]​

Foreskins for a Dowry:
"And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king's son-in-law. And the days were not expired; and David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full number to the king, that he might be the king's son-in-law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife." [1 Samuel 18:25-27]​

Mass Murder [Amalek]
"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'" [1 Samuel 15:2-3]​

Kill Men, Women, and Children:
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." [Ezekiel 9:5-7]​

Kill Everyone in 7 Nations:
"When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are all more powerful than you. When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them. Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them, and don't let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters. They will lead your young people away from me to worship other gods. Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will destroy you." [Deuteronomy 7:1-4]​

Killing at Jericho—men, women, children and cattle:
"When the people heard the sound of the horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the city from every side and captured it. They completely destroyed everything in it – men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys – everything." [Joshua 6:20-21]​

God Kills the Firstborn of Egypt:
"So Moses announced to Pharaoh, "This is what the LORD says: About midnight I will pass through Egypt. All the firstborn sons will die in every family in Egypt, from the oldest son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the oldest son of his lowliest slave. Even the firstborn of the animals will die. Then a loud wail will be heard throughout the land of Egypt; there has never been such wailing before, and there never will be again. But among the Israelites it will be so peaceful that not even a dog will bark. Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between the Egyptians and the Israelites. All the officials of Egypt will come running to me, bowing low. 'Please leave!' they will beg. 'Hurry! And take all your followers with you.' Only then will I go!" Then, burning with anger, Moses left Pharaoh's presence. Now the LORD had told Moses, "Pharaoh will not listen to you. But this will give me the opportunity to do even more mighty miracles in the land of Egypt." Although Moses and Aaron did these miracles in Pharaoh's presence, the LORD hardened his heart so he wouldn't let the Israelites leave the country. " [Exodus 11:4-10]​

Nations Saved for Target Practice
The LORD left certain nations in the land to test those Israelites who had not participated in the wars of Canaan. He did this to teach warfare to generations of Israelites who had no experience in battle. These were the nations: the Philistines [those living under the five Philistine rulers], all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites living in the hill country of Lebanon from Mount Baal-hermon to Lebo-hamath. These people were left to test the Israelites – to see whether they would obey the commands the LORD had given to their ancestors through Moses. [Judges 3:1-4]​

Foreigners Enslaved to Build Temples
There were still some people living in the land who were not Israelites, including Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These were descendants of the nations that Israel had not completely destroyed. So Solomon conscripted them for his labor force, and they serve in the labor force to this day. But Solomon did not conscript any of the Israelites for forced labor. Instead, he assigned them to serve as fighting men, government officials, officers in his army, commanders of his chariots, and charioteers. He also appointed 550 of them to supervise the various projects. [1 Kings 9:20-23]​

Sex Slaves
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. [Exodus 21:7-11]​

You Have to Kill
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. [Jeremiah 48:10]​

Gold for God:
"I will shake all the nations, and the treasures of all the nations will come in, And I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts. Mine is the silver and mine is the Gold says the Lord of hosts." [Haggai 2:7-8 ]​

======

There.

So wake up. Why do you think there is rampant terrorism and violence in the world right now as I have cited in my previous post? Why do you think Europe is plagued by the onslaught of unwanted migrants from the war-ravaged lands of North Africa and the Mideast? If the bible has that manual for meting out death on such massive scale, how much more do you think the Quran has to match the bible in this respect?

To help you wake up, learn some basic essential history:

• The Allies forced the establishment of a Jewish state right smack in the Palestine, a geopolitical zone that has not seen any Jewish state for the past thousands of years.
  • The Allies viewed their act as the solution to the Jewish Question, brought upon by the Holocaust. Note that this "solution" was hastily promulgated, as the Allies had other pressing matters to attend to, like the rehabilitation of a decimated Europe post World War 2, and the Allies were quite frankly just happy to be done with the matter of finding place for the Jews.
  • They were helped by the fact that the Mideast itself was in total disarray, the old political boundaries thrown asunder by the destruction of the last vestiges of the old Ottoman Empire, and the Allies figured what better time to come up with a Jewish state than this time
  • When the political dust settled in the Mideast, the old powers Egypt, Iran, Syria, joined by new kid on the block Saudi Arabia had time to question the validity of the Jewish solution, and in fact soon convened to dislodge the Jews from their occupied Palestinian zone
  • The Jewish nation of course would not budge, citing historical ancestral rights behind their claims of legitimacy in occupying their "former" lands. They cite the bible as the source of their historical claim to the Palestinian lands
  • War broke off, Israel won, but there is to be no more peace in that region from thence on. Israel won in large part because of the assistance of the Christian Allies and the sympathy of Christians all over the world who felt obliged to root for them because of the biblical connection, Israel favorably viewed as that "chosen one" of the Jewish god.
  • The Arabs launch guerrilla warfare throughout the Palestine, launching intermittent terrorist attacks on Jewish Palestine, gradually expanding to include those areas largely populated by Christian Jewish sympathizers and supporters.
  • The terrorist attacks reach global scale, calling Moslems everywhere to enlist in the Holy Cause, that of expelling the Jews and executing all acts of revenge in the urban cities of Christian nations everywhere, especially those evil European powers and the master evil, the US of A
  • The Moslems employ all tactics available to them, brazenly brainwashing children picked up from the most depressed areas of the Middle East and elsewhere, forcing them to read and memorize specific Quran verses, steeling them to muster the courage to blow themselves up and sacrifice themselves for some notion of rewards in the afterlife
  • The affected Christian powers suffer from some of the most devastating attacks launched against them, including the twin towers of the USA, attacks on some of the most respected institutions in Europe, the violence spreading in largely populated centers in America and Europe, and even in distant Australia
  • The Christian powers brace for more attacks from fanatic Moslems, at the same time reaching accord to rain bombs on Islamic strongholds in the Mideast
  • The world is divided between Jewish and Muslim sympathizers, sucking the whole world to the violence originating from the so-called Abrahamic family of Ishmael and Jacob—Israel and the Arab world, the hatred drawn long ago from some issues that this dysfunctional family could not settle by themselves.
  • Historically, nations have been torn apart from populations divided along these religious inclinations, as occurred in India after it split into Pakistan and Bangladesh. In Asia, the same fate threatens the Philippines, which is split between Christianity in the northern territories and the Muslims in the southern islands.
  • Ironically, the latest archeological findings fully discount the historical claims made by the Jews regarding Palestine, all the evidence (or the absence thereof) amply showing that all claims by Israel to the "ancestral" lands of Palestine are based purely on the fictions of the bible.

Last edited:
^Aside from that during Medieval times, they burned alive to those suspected witch.

Also during Renaissance the church gave a death sentence to Copernicus and Galileo Galilee for being "against to their teachings."

Last edited:
^ Yes, but you can't give them that, because the apologists would just say it's just those Inquisitors and other Church authorities who did that and it was not commanded by the religion specifically. You have to give them the biblical sections that go directly against their claims that Christianity, or Islam, or Judaism for that matter, are all religions of peace. Nothing could be further from the truth. The peace of the bible or those other holy books from the other religions only comes after following the order to kill enemies, not before: in fact, their god specifically outlines punishments if the enemies were not obliterated off the face of the earth as specifically instructed.

Yeah, the reason why are they can't achieve peace is they have a different doctrines. Same God, same context but their doctrine is different.

Ask lang po mga sir. Hihingi sana ako ng pahintulot mula sa bumuo ng Thread na to
kung pupwede po ba akong mag share ng mga nabasa ko sa isang website na may kinalaman sa Atheists at Agnostics?
Salamat po. :)

Share ko lang to sir yung nabasa ko mula sa (Gotquestion.org/tagalog).

Gusto ko pong humingi ng kasagutan mula sa inyo o sa ibang magbabasa mula sa nabasa ko na ito.
Salamat po :)

Ang tanong kung mayroon nga bang tiyak na argumento kung mayroong Diyos ay matagal ng pinagdedebatehan sa kasaysayan at may mga lubhang matatalinong tao sa magkabilang panig ng argumentong ito. Sa kasalukuyan, ang mga argumento laban sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos ay naging mas agresibo sa pag-aakusa na ang sinumang naniniwala sa Diyos ay nahihibang at hindi maayos ang pangangatwiran. Iginiit ni Karl Marx na ang sinumang naniniwala sa Diyos ay may sakit sa pag-iisip na siyang sanhi kung bakit hindi sila nakakapag-isip ng tama. Isang doktor sa pag-iisip na si Siegmund Freud ay sumulat na ang taong naniniwala sa isang Diyos na Manlilikha ay nahihibang at kumakapit sa ganitong paniniwala upang mapunan ang kanilang hinahanap o tinatawag na “wish-fulfillment” isang dahilan na diumano ayon kay Freud ay maituturing na hindi makatwiran. Ayon naman sa isang pilosopo na si Frederick Nietzsche, ang pananampalataya ay pagtanggi sa pagkilala sa katotohanan. Ang mga pangungusap na ito mula sa tatlong kilalang tao sa kasaysayan (kasama ng iba pa) ay ginagaya ngayon ng mga bagong henerasyon ng mga ateista na nagpapahayag na hindi katanggap-tanggap ang paniniwala sa Diyos.

Ito nga ba ang totoo? Ang paniniwala nga ba sa Diyos ay hindi makatwiran at hindi katanggap-tanggap na posisyon upang panghawakan? Mayroon bang lohikal o makatwirang argumento para sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos? Kung hindi gagamitin ang Bibliya, magkakaroon ba ng argumento para sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos upang pabulaanan ang mga pahayag ng kapwa mga luma at bagong mga ateista na makapagbibigay ng sapat na batayan upang maniwala na may isang Dakilang Manlilikha? Ang sagot ay oo. Bukod dito, upang maipakita na matibay ang argumento na mayroong Diyos, ang argumento ng mga ateista ay ipinapakita ng mga argumentong ito na mahina.

Upang gumawa ng isang argumento ukol sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos, dapat tayong magsimula sa pagbibigay ng mga tamang katanungan. Simulan natin sa pagtatanong ng pinaka-payak na katanungan ng pagkakaroon - bakit tayo naririto; bakit naririto ang mundo; bakit naririto ang sansinukob sa halip na wala? Sa pagpuna sa argumentong ito, isang teologo ang nagsabi, “Hindi itinatanong ng tao ang tungkol sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos, ang kanya mismong pagkakaroon ay naghahanap ng kasagutan mula sa Diyos.”

Sa pagsasaalang-alang sa mga katanungang ito, may apat na posibleng kasagutan kung bakit tayo naririto:

1. Ang realidad ay isang ilusyon.
2. Ang realidad ay sariling likha.
3. Ang realidad ay umiiral sa kanyang sarili (eternal).
4. Ang realidad ay nilikha ng isang umiiral sa Kanyang sarili.

Kung gayon, alin dito ang pinakatotoo? Simulan natin sa una: ang realidad ay isa lamang ilusyon. Ito ang pinaniniwalaan ng ilan sa mga relihiyon sa Silangan. Ang pananaw na ito ay matagal nang pinasubalian ng pilosopong si Rene Descartes na nakilala sa kanyang pahayag na, “Ako ay nag-iisip, samakatwid, ako ay ako.” Ayon kay Decartes na isang matematiko, kung siya ay nag-iisip, kung gayon siya ay “siya.” Sa ibang salita, “Ako ay nag-iisip, samakatuwid ako ay hindi isang ilusyon.” Ang mga ilusyon ay nangangailangan na makaranas ng ilusyon, bukod dito, hindi mo maaaring pagdudahan ang pagkakaroon ng iyong sarili ng hindi mo pinatutunayan ang iyong pagkakaroon; ang argumentong ito ay pagtalo mismo sa sarili. Kung kaya ang posibilidad na ang realidad ay isang ilusyon ay hindi mapapanghawakan.

Ang ikalawa ay ang pananaw na ang realidad ay sariling-likha lamang. Nang mag-aral tayo ng pilosopiya, natutunan natin ang “analitikal na maling pahayag,” na nangangahulugang mali ang pakahulugan. Ang posibilidad na ang realidad ay sariling-likha ay isa sa mga ganitong pahayag dahilan sa simpleng rason na ang isang bagay ay hindi maaaring mauna sa kanyang sarili. Kung iyong nilikha ang iyong sarili, ikay ay naunang umiral bago mo nilikha ang iyong sarili, ngunit hindi ito maaari. Sa ebolusyon, ito ay tinatawag na “spontaneous generation,” isang bagay na nagmula sa wala o isang posisyon ng iilan, kung meron mang makatwirang tao na magsasabi na hindi ka magkakaroon ng isang bagay mula sa wala. Maging ang ateistang si David Hume ay nagsabi, “Hindi ko pinatotohananan ang isang walang kuwentang pananaw na ang anumang bagay ay lalabas ng walang pinagmulan.” At dahil hindi maaaring magkaroon ng isang bagay mula sa wala, ang alternatibo na ang realidad ay sariling-likha ay hindi rin mapapanghawakan.

Ngayon, may dalawang natitirang pagpipilian - isang eternal na realidad o realidad na ginawa ng isang eternal: isang eternal na sansinukob o isang eternal na Manlilikha. Binuod ang dalawang pananaw na ito ng isang teologo mula sa ika-labingwalong siglo na si Jonathan Edwards:

“Mayroong umiiral.”
“Ang wala ay hindi maaaring lumikha ng mayroon.”
“Samakatwid, ang isang kailangan at eternal na “mayroon” ay umiiral.”

Pansinin na dapat tayong bumalik sa katotohanang “mayroong” isang eternal. Ang ateista na nagsasabi na ang naniniwala sa Diyos at naniniwala sa isang eternal na Manlilikha ay dapat bumaliktad at yumakap sa eternal na sansinukob; yun na lamang ang natitirang pwede niyang piliin. Ngunit ang tanong ngayon ay, saang direksyon patungo ang mga katibayan? Ang mga ebidensya ba ay nagtuturo sa mga bagay bago ang isip o ang isip bago ang bagay?

Sa kasalukuyan, lahat ng pilosopikal na ebidensya maging ang siyensya ay nagtuturo palayo sa isang eternal na sansinukob at patungo sa isang eternal na Manlilikha. Isang tapat na siyentipiko ang umamin na ang sansinukob ay may pasimula, at anumang mayroong pasimula ay hindi eternal. Sa madaling salita, anumang bagay na may simula ay may pinagmulan, at kung ang sansinukob ay may simula, ito ay may pinagmulan. Ang katotohanan na ang sansinukob ay may simula ay binibigyang-diin ng mga ebidensya tulad ng “second law of thermodynamics,” ang “radiation echo” ng “big bang” na natuklasan noong 1900s, ang katotohanan na ang sansinukob ay lumalawak pa at maaaring mabakas ang isang pinagmulan, at ang “theory of relativity” ni Einstein. Lahat ng mga ito ay nagpapatunay na ang sansinukob ay hindi eternal kundi may pinagmulan.

Higit pa rito, ang mga batas na nakapalibot ay sumasalungat sa kaisipan na ang sansinukob ay ang pinagmulan ng lahat dahil sa simpleng katotohanan: ang kalalabasan ay kahalintulad ng sanhi. Kung ito ay totoo, walang ateista ang makakapagpaliwanag kung paanong ang isang walang buhay, walang layunin, walang kabuluhan at walang moralidad na sansinukob ay aksidenteng nakalikha ng mga nilalang (tayo) na may personalidad at pilit na naghahanap ng layunin, kahulugan at moralidad. Sa mga ganitong bagay, mula sa pananaw ng pagsasagawa, ay lubos na mapapasubalian ang ideya na sa natural na sansinukob nagmula ang lahat ng mga bagay. Kung gayon, ang konsepto ng eternal na sansinukob ay masasabing mali.

Nabuo ni J. S. Mill, isang pilosopo (hindi Kristiyano) ang puntong ito: ayon sa kanya “Hindi mapapasubalian na tanging ang may Isip lamang ang maaaring lumikha ng may isip.” Ang makatwiran at rasonableng palagay lamang ay may eternal na Manlilikha na Siyang responsable sa realidad na ating nalalaman. O kung atin itong ilalagay sa isang lohikal na pagpapahayag:

“Mayroong umiiral.”
“Hindi magkakaroon mula sa wala.”
“Samakatwid, may “Isang” kinakailangan at eternal.”
“Ang tanging dalawang opsyon ay may eternal na sansinukob at eternal na Manlilikha.”
“Pinabulaanan ang konsepto na may eternal na sansinukob ng siyensya at pilosopiya.”
“Samakatwid, may Isang eternal na Manlilikha na umiiral.”

Isang dating ateista na nagngangalang Lee Strobel, ay nakaabot sa pananaw na ito maraming taon na ang nakalilipas. Ayon sa kanya, “Napakahalaga, na aking napagtanto na upang manatiling isang ateista, kinakailangan kong maniwala na mula sa wala ay makagagawa ng lahat; ang walang buhay ay magbubunga ng buhay; ang di-tiyak ay magbubunga ng tiyak; ang kaguluhan ay magbubunga ng impormasyon; ang kawalang-malay ay magbubunga ng kamalayan; at ang walang-kadahilanan ay magbubunga ng may kadahilanan. Ang mga ganitong hakbang ng pananampalataya ay napakahirap upang aking tanggapin, lalo’t higit sa kaliwanagan ng pagkakaroon ng Diyos.” Sa ibang salita, sa pangkalahatan, ang paliwanag ng Kristiyanismo ay higit na matibay kumpara sa paliwanag ng mga ateista.

Ngunit ang susunod na katanungan na dapat mabigyang kasagutan ay ito: kung ang eternal na Manlilikha ay umiiral (at ating ipinakita na Siya nga ay umiiral), anong uri Siya ng Manlilikha? Atin bang maipapaliwanag ang mga bagay tungkol sa Kanya mula sa Kanyang mga nilikha? Sa madaling salita, mauunawaan ba natin ang pinagmulan sa pamamagitan ng mga bagay na nagmula sa Kanya? Ang sagot ay oo, maaari, dahil sa kanyang mga sumusunod na katangian:

“Siya ay dapat supernatural o likas na higit sa karaniwan (dahil Siya ang lumikha ng oras at kalawakan).”
“Siya ay dapat na lubhang makapangyarihan.”
“Siya ay dapat na eternal (umiiral sa Kanyang sarili).”
“Siya ay dapat na nasa lahat ng dako (dahil Siya ang lumikha ng oras at kalawakan at hindi Siya limitado nito).”
“Siya ay walang hanggan at hindi nagbabago (dahil Siya ang lumikha ng panahon).”
“Siya ay Espiritu dahil Siya ay hindi sakop ng kalawakan/pisikal.”
“Siya ay personal (ang impersonal ay hindi makalilikha ng personalidad).”
“Siya ay walang katapusan at nag-iisa dahil hindi maaaring magkaroon ng dalawang walang hanggan.”
“Siya ay iba't iba ngunit may pagkakaisa dahil ito ay likas na umiiral sa Kanya.”
“Siya ay pinakamarunong sa lahat. Isang may kamalayan lamang ang makalilikha ng nilalang na may kamalayan.”
“Siya ay dapat na may layunin sapagkat sadya Niyang nilikha ang lahat ng may layunin.”
“Siya ay dapat na moral (walang moralidad ang iiral kung walang nagbigay ng moralidad).”
“Siya ay mapagkalinga.”

Kung totoo ang mga bagay na ito, atin ngayong tanungin kung mayroong relihiyon sa mundo na naglalarawan sa ganitong Manlilikha. Ang sagot dito ay oo: Ang Diyos ng Bibliya ang perpektong tinutukoy dito. Siya ay supernatural (Genesis 1:1), makapangyarihan (Jeremias 32:17), eternal (Awit 90:2), nasa lahat ng dako (Awit 139:7), walang hanggan/ hindi nagbabago (Malakias 3:6), Espiritwal (Juan 5:24), personal (Genesis 3:9), kinakailangan (Colosas 1:17), walang katapusan/nag-iisa (Jeremias 23:24; Deuteronomio 6:4), magkakaiba ngunit nagkakaisa (Mateo 28:19), pinakamarunong (Awit 147:4-5), may layunin (Jeremias 29:11), moral (Daniel 9:14), at mapagkalinga (1 Pedro 5:6-7).

Ang huling argumento tungkol sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos ay kung paano pangangatwiranan ng mga ateista ang kanilang posisyon. Sapagkat kanilang iginigiit na ang posisyon ng mga mananampalataya ay mahina, nararapat lamang na ibalik sa kanila ang ganitong katanungan. Ang unang dapat maunawaan ay ang kanilang pahayag na, “walang diyos,” na siyang kahulugan ng salitang “ateista,” isang malabong posisyon na nagugat sa isang pilosopikal na pananaw. Bilang iskolar sa sekular at pilosopo, sinabi ni Mortimer Adler, “Ang isang positibong panukala sa pagkakaroon ay maaaring mapatunayan, ngunit ang negatibong panukala sa pagkakaroon - ang pagtanggi sa pagkakaroon ng isang bagay - ay hindi maaaring mapatunayan.” Halimbawa, maaaring sabihin ng isang tao na may pulang agila at ang isa naman ay magsabi na walang pulang agila. Ang una ay kailangan lamang magpakita ng isang pulang agila upang patunayan ang kanyang pahayag. Samantalang dapat suyurin ng ikalawa ang buong sansinukob at literal na puntahan ang lahat ng lugar upang masigurong walang pulang agila na imposibleng gawin sa loob ng maiksing panahon. Ito ang dahilan kung bakit matatanggap ng isang matalino at tapat na ateista na hindi niya kayang patunayan na walang Diyos.

Pagkatapos, mahalagang maintindihan ang isyu tungkol sa bigat ng ipinapahayag na katotohanan at ang dami ng ebidensya na kinakailangan upang magarantiyahan ang ilang mga konklusyon. Halimbawa, kung may maglagay ng dalawang baso ng lemonada sa iyong harapan at sabihin na ang isa ay mas maasim kaysa sa isa, dahil ang epekto ng mas maasim na inumin ay hindi ganoon kaseryoso, hindi mo na kinakailangan ng maraming ebidensya upang pumili. Gayunman, kung ang isang baso ay dagdagan ng asukal at kung ang isa baso ay lagyan ng lason sa daga, siguradong nanaisin mo na magkaroon ng maraming ebidensya bago ka pumili.

Sa ganitong posisyon nakatatag ang isang taong magdedesisyon sa pagitan ng ateismo at paniniwala sa Diyos. Yamang ang paniniwala sa ateismo ay maaaring magresulta sa walang lunas at eternal na kaparusahan ng Diyos, nararapat lamang na ang mga ateista ay atasang maglabas ng mabigat at mahahalagang katibayan upang suportahan ang kanilang posisyon, ngunit hindi maaari. Hindi makakatagpo ang ateismo ng sapat na ebidensya na katumbas ng kabigatan ng kabayaran nito. Sa halip, ang isang ateista at ang kanyang mga mahihikayat sa kanyang posisyon ay walang kasiguraduhan kung ano ang naghihintay sa walang hanggan at umaasa na hindi matutuklasan ang hindi kanais-nais na katotohanan na totoong umiiral ang walang hanggan. Gaya ng sinabi ni Mortimer Adler, “Higit ang kahihinatnan sa buhay at susunod na hakbang mula sa pagsang-ayon o pagtanggi sa Diyos kaysa sa alinmang karaniwang katanungan.”

Kung gayon, may intelektwal na ebidensya ba ang paniniwala sa Diyos? Mayroon bang rasyonal, lohikal at makatwirang argumento sa pagkakaroon ng Diyos? Oo. Habang ang mga ateistang tulad ni Freud ay nagsasabing ang mga naniniwala sa Diyos ay nangangarap lamang, siya at kanyang mga tagasunod ay nagdurusa sa kanilang pagnanais na matupad ang kanilang hiling: ang pag-asa na walang Diyos, na wala silang pananagutan sa Kanya, at walang darating na paghuhukom. Ngunit ang nagpabulaan kay Freud ay ang Diyos mismo ng Bibliya na pinagtibay ang Kanyang pagiral at ang katotohanan na ang paghuhukom ay totoong darating para sa mga nakakaalam ng katotohanan na may Manlilikha ngunit tinatanggihan ito (Roma 1:20). Ngunit para sa mga naniniwala sa mga ebidensya na tunay na may Isang Manlilikha, Kanyang iniaalok sa kanila ang daan sa kaligtasan sa pamamagitan ng Kanyang Anak na si Hesu Kristo: “Datapuwa't ang lahat ng sa kaniya'y nagsitanggap, ay pinagkalooban niya sila ng karapatang maging mga anak ng Diyos, sa makatuwid baga'y ang mga nagsisisampalataya sa Kaniyang pangalan; Na mga ipinanganak na hindi sa dugo, ni sa kalooban ng laman, ni sa kalooban ng tao, kundi ng Diyos” (Juan 1:12-13).

^ Gaya ng sinabi ko sa kabila, superficial na lamang ang philosophical considerations sa katanungan ng pag-iral ng isang maylikha or ng buong sansinukob. Subalit kung talagang interesado ka sa philosophical treatment ng mga nabanggit na paksa, ang may maitutulong na malaki sayo ay ang sistema ng pilosopiya ni Immanuel Kant. Ang masasabi ko kay Kant ay maraming theist at nontheist ang nagkakaisa na siya ang may pinakamaayos na pagtalakay sa paksang ito. At ipapayo ko rin na kung babasahin mo si Kant, bigyan mo ng espesyal na atensyon ang pagtalakay niya sa paksang antinomies.

Sa dakong physics naman, inaanyayahan kitang basahin ang post ko na ito, at duon ay pwede kang magtanong sa akin kung may karagdagang bagay na di malinaw sayo. Ang nasabing post ay tumatalakay kung paanong ang syensya ngayon ay may malinaw ng batayan para ipakita na ang sansinukob ay di kailangan ng isang magiciang maylikha upang siya (sansinukob: universe) ay umiral.

- - - Updated - - -

Ito pala bibigyan kita ng isang nakakatawang episode sa panahon na mainit na mainit na paksa kung ano ba talaga ang realidad natin—kung ito ba ay pawang matter lang o ito ay pawang likha lamang ng ating kaisipan—salin sa sistema ng epistemolohiya, at natural na ang paksa na yan ay tutulak sa mahaba at walang katapusang talakayan sa katanungan kung meron nga ba o walang diyos.

Sa kalaunan, humantong ang walang kamatayang talakayan na ito para sa isang nagmamasid para sabihin na tigilan na ang satsatan at magkasundo sa ganito: "No matter, never mind." :lol: Sino ang mga pilosopo na aktibo sa talakayang ito: sina Hume at Berkeley, at natigil lamang sila ng dumating si Kant. Ngunit halos huli na rin, at kung merong panahon na nakasira ng husto sa reputasyon ng pilosopiya, walang iba kundi ito mismong panahon na ito, dagdag pa ng nagsidatingan ang mga German metaphysicists na wala na halos maintindihan sa nagkalat na mga inakda nilang libro. Hanggang ngayon ay di na nakarecover ang pilosopiya dahil sa magulong yugto na ito ng kanyang kasaysayan.

Last edited:
Next month ang Presidential Election sa America.

Sinu kaya iboboto ng mga American Citizen?

View attachment 289993

---------------------------------------------
Update ko lang

Napanood niyo itong documentary sa Jonestown Massacre?

Nangyari ito during late 70's.

Halos lahat ng followers ay patay sa isang gathering nila. Yung mga nag-aattempt tumakas ay binabaril nila.

No wonder kung bakit sa slaughterhouse ang kinababagsakan nila.

Kawawa ang mga followers dahil nadeceive sila ng religious leader nila.

Mas kaawa-awa ang mga bata dahil wala silang kamuwang-muwang.

Attachments

• 5351dec3e691b25e4e0b4658_736.jpg
    5351dec3e691b25e4e0b4658_736.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
hi to everyone here!

i hope you could find time checking this link: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1384611

GOD loves us all. +++ <3

hehe. biro lang ha: nagpapraktis ka ba sa cold-calling. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Next month ang Presidential Election sa America.

Sinu kaya iboboto ng mga American Citizen?

View attachment 1159310

---------------------------------------------
Update ko lang

Napanood niyo itong documentary sa Jonestown Massacre?

Nangyari ito during late 70's.

Halos lahat ng followers ay patay sa isang gathering nila. Yung mga nag-aattempt tumakas ay binabaril nila.

No wonder kung bakit sa slaughterhouse ang kinababagsakan nila.

Kawawa ang mga followers dahil nadeceive sila ng religious leader nila.

Mas kaawa-awa ang mga bata dahil wala silang kamuwang-muwang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3yzkhJVXE4

Dami pa ganyan pag niresearch mo. Yung mabilis naalala ko sa Waco, Texas. Fitting name ng place pa talaga.

- - - Updated - - -

Wolf or hyena para kay trump...? Hahaha Di ba kase clownish siya? Perv pa.

I am an Agnostic Athiest.

Debate me! hahaa

Calling TheTruth07. Marami na daw siyang nasupalpal na Atheist dito sa Symbianize. SMH.

walang matino? check mo mga thread ko hahaha lahat ng kasama mong atheista dito supalpal saken, Life is not a very complicated matter, kung mali sentence ko sorry ha ? filipino kasi ako eh hahaha

I did a back read of the arguments made by him and Stormer0628 and I was like: oh lord if you are real get down and slap this guy.

Calling TheTruth07. Marami na daw siyang nasupalpal na Atheist dito sa Symbianize. SMH.

I did a back read of the arguments made by him and Stormer0628 and I was like: oh lord if you are real get down and slap this guy.

Come on man, be kind. I'll be the first to admit he won hands down. Beat me to a pulp. In the competition for unintelligibility, unoriginality, and of course for unparalleled vitriolic, incendiary delivery. Guy's genius. Angelic too.

Instant Classic.

This one:
walang matino? check mo mga thread ko hahaha lahat ng kasama mong atheista dito supalpal saken, Life is not a very complicated matter, kung mali sentence ko sorry ha ? filipino kasi ako eh hahaha

Maraming sinupalpal na theist dito pero wala akong maalala na atheist na sinupalpal. Dito pa lang alam na. Kung ganyan lang ang nakakayanan ng post mo sino ang atheist na susupalpalin mo? Hayz...

And the unforgettable:
(on bacteria building immunity to human medicine as proof of evolution) resistant lang naman tinutukoy mo utoy hindi evolution, ang evolution may pagbabago physically hindi resistant lang.

At sa palagay mo pag sinabing resistant di involve diyan ang physical mutation? Ano ginawa ng bacteria, nagdasal para wala na siyang kailangan gawin pagbabago sa physical structure niya?

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning Video of Bacteria Evolving Immunity to Medicine in Real-Time

Para mas masaya.

Last edited:
Well, what can we expect from a literalist.

Pero eto talaga ang bumasag eh, ang kaniyang "ultimatum" challenge!

Do you challenge me ?

Ito ang pinaka di kayang ituro ng SCIENCE, and Science believes that the highest form of animal is Human.
at alam kong naniniwala ka jan.

But para sakin i dont believe that im an animal

Because....

Animals or ang mga HAYOP ay walang ISIP.
ang alam lang nila kumaen matulog at mamatay

now tanong ko sayo, @STORMER0628

are you an animal ?

Answer me Seriously

natanong mo na ba sa nanay mo kung galing ka sa unggoy ? baka sabihin mo we are came from our ancestors, baka sampalin ka ng nanay mo nyan ?

tapos TINURUAN ka ba ng SCIENCE na wag mang rape ?

Edit: Kung meron lang "meme" na pure text panalo to eh!

Last edited:
Well, what can we expect from a literalist.

Pero eto talaga ang bumasag eh, ang kaniyang "ultimatum" challenge!

[\hr]

Yes. Can't count how many times I almost fell from my chair having such laugh from the exchange. I even imagined myself doing a Tarzan with that shoutout as favor to him.

Pwedeng lagyan poll exchanges na yun kung alin ang pinakamatindi.

I am an Agnostic Athiest.

Debate me! hahaa

Marami kang makakadebate na believers. Kung nabasa mo yung post ni TheTruth07

hehe. biro lang ha: nagpapraktis ka ba sa cold-calling. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dami pa ganyan pag niresearch mo. Yung mabilis naalala ko sa Waco, Texas. Fitting name ng place pa talaga.

- - - Updated - - -

Wolf or hyena para kay trump...? Hahaha Di ba kase clownish siya? Perv pa.

Regarding sa pinost kong video. Yeah sobrang dami talaga yan at lalo nung binanggit mo sa Texas. Yung uminom ng poisoned juice ay sobrang nakakaawa, instead na iligtas(literally) sila napunta sila sa slaughterhouse. That's why I never believe to religion mahirap na dahil nakaabang na yung slaughterhouse. LOL!
We should learn their mistake para di mangyari ulit sa future.

Kaya yung mga naghahanap ng katotohanan ay matatagpuan sa slaughterhouse. LOL!

Kung sabagay clownish si Trump. I guess eto yung mas fit sa kanya. LOL!

View attachment 1159692

Come on man, be kind. I'll be the first to admit he won hands down. Beat me to a pulp. In the competition for unintelligibility, unoriginality, and of course for unparalleled vitriolic, incendiary delivery. Guy's genius. Angelic too.

Instant Classic.

This one:

And the unforgettable:

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning Video of Bacteria Evolving Immunity to Medicine in Real-Time
https://vimeo.com/180908160

Para mas masaya.

We're right. This is how evolution works. Ang evolution ay may process talaga.

Last edited:
Marami kang makakadebate na believers. Kung nabasa mo yung post ni TheTruth07

Regarding sa pinost kong video. Yeah sobrang dami talaga yan at lalo nung binanggit mo sa Texas. Yung uminom ng poisoned juice ay sobrang nakakaawa, instead na iligtas(literally) sila napunta sila sa slaughterhouse. That's why I never believe to religion mahirap na dahil nakaabang na yung slaughterhouse. LOL!
We should learn their mistake para di mangyari ulit sa future.

Kaya yung mga naghahanap ng katotohanan ay matatagpuan sa slaughterhouse. LOL!.

Langyang slaughterhouse na yan malupet, san mo ba nakuha yan, haha. Dami ko sources di ko nakita yan piece na yan, unless sariling gawa mo. :lol:

Sa Japan din dami kulto. Delikado pa nangdadamay ng civilians. At least dito satin pera-pera lang, hindi suicidal. Well, sounds the same in the long run if you really think about it. :lol:

hi to everyone here!

i hope you could find time checking this link: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1384611

GOD loves us all. +++ <3

Thanks for sharing but for us is not acceptable dahil kanya-kanya ang mga belief namin but nagkakasundo kami sa knowledge, facts, philosophy, wisdom at experience.
I'm sure you're better person. Hopefully na natutunan mo sa church kung paano ka magbigay ng courtesy.

Langyang slaughterhouse na yan malupet, san mo ba nakuha yan, haha. Dami ko sources di ko nakita yan piece na yan, unless sariling gawa mo. :lol:
Sa Google Image ko nahanap yan. Hehehehe

Sa Japan din dami kulto. Delikado pa nangdadamay ng civilians.
Kahit first world country sila somehow nakakatakot din. Kaya di basta-basta pasok ng pasok kung di natin alam ang papasukang pinto.

At least dito satin pera-pera lang, hindi suicidal. Well, sounds the same in the long run if you really think about it. :lol:
Yeah, malakas talaga ang business dito dahil ginagamit nila ang kahinaan ng mga follower which is ignorance.

Yes, that's why Choice is Illusion.

Last edited:
10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism
Note: This is a copy-paste version just in case you don't want to go to the main site. But just in case, here's the link: Common Misconceptions About Atheism

10. Atheism Is A Religion

The term “religion” is difficult to define. In the United States, a religion is defined as an institution that has a recognized creed, form and place of worship, congregation, and ordained ministers. This definition has nothing to do with a god, but most religions that do worship a god fit this definition. Because atheism is a lack of belief in something, there are no places to worship (or anything to worship), no creed, no congregation, and no ministers.

Many people point to atheists on the Internet speaking of the persecution of atheists and other aspects of society they consider to conflict with whatever constitution might govern them as a religion, but that doesn’t work either. Because there is no set of rules or creed tying atheists together, they don’t congregate beyond a simple agreement on something not existing.

9. Atheists Worship The Devil

The belief that atheists worship the Devil stems from the Christian belief that anyone against God is a follower of the Devil. This interpretation is not held by the majority of Christians, but it is prevalent in some communities. Because the Devil falls under the auspices of a god, atheists do not believe it exists. Simply put: One cannot worship a Devil they don’t believe in.

The Church of Satan has helped to perpetuate this misconception. The name itself implies that members of the organization worship Satan, but that is not the case. Satanists are atheists and agnostics who don’t worship anything but have instead created an association that follows the belief that, “Man—using his brain—invented all the Gods. [ . . . ] We Satanists are thus our own ‘Gods.’ ” The decision to model the iconography after a devilish form was chosen to mock Christianity and its adherents.

8. Atheists Are Unhappy, Angry People

It is difficult to quantify whether an entire group of nonbelievers is happy or not, but this misconception comes from the Christian belief that a person cannot be happy without God in their lives. There are atheists all over the planet who are unhappy for a plethora of reasons, but the same is true of theists as well.

Atheists who voice their opinions can do so with vitriol and seem unhappy. Authors and scientists like Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins appear to be angry during interviews, but in a lot of ways, they were simply frustrated with the nature of the discussion. Atheists who understand the basics of evolution and cosmology do not want to discuss theology as an opposing viewpoint because it is not applicable to the discussion. When someone tries to bring up the idea of a Crocoduck in a discussion about evolution, an atheist often reacts with frustration and even anger, but that doesn’t mean that they’re generally unhappy people.

7. Atheists Worship At The Altar Of Science

Online discussions with atheists tend to involve topics related to evolution and cosmology. The names of scientists and authors such as Darwin, Hawking, Hitchens, and Dawkins are tossed around as “prophets” of the “religion of atheism,” but not every atheist is scientifically literate. Many are apathetic to the conversation and are not included in the discussion, but the ones who are vocal online tend to be literate of various scientific theories brought up by Creationists and other theists who attempt to use science to justify their theistic world view.

Ironically, this has led more people to become scientifically literate so that they can engage in these online discussions. While no atheist would claim to “worship at the altar of science,” many do learn what they can so that they are better informed about the world around them.

6. Atheists Have No Morals

How could anyone have morality without God? That is a question asked by theists who believe that morality is derived from religion. This may be true for them, but there are many people who don’t share religious beliefs but do share the same moral beliefs.

Many theists believe that atheists lack a moral compass due to their disbelief in any god and conclude that “there is no such thing as a good atheist,” but this is a broad generalization with no merit whatsoever. Morality is difficult to define because there are countless theories explaining it as a sociobiological evolution or even a logical conclusion. A person’s morality tends to express itself in how they treat other people, and many atheists appear to live according to the policy of treating others as they would like to be treated, also known as the Golden Rule.

5. There Are No Atheists In Foxholes

As an Active Duty Soldier who is also an atheist, I take this misconception personally. Having deployed to combat zones multiple times without suddenly realizing a need for God even while under fire, I can honestly say that I am an atheist in a foxhole.

This misconception comes from the belief that a person who is facing imminent danger or death will turn to God. A similar theory is Pascal’s Wager, which is an argument in Christian apologetics which stipulates that a rational person should either seek to believe in God or live as if God exists because if they are wrong, they could suffer eternal damnation, while accepting the wager allows for acceptance into Heaven.

It may be true that some have found religion on their deathbeds or even in combat, but there are many who say otherwise, including the author of this list.

4. Atheists Are Intolerant Of Theists

Many believe that there is a general intolerance of theists among all atheists, but this is simply untrue. Online conversations may indicate a specific person whom someone may be intolerant of, but a general dislike of believers is not held throughout the “atheist community.”

Conversely, atheists are the least tolerated and trusted group of people in the United States. Many politicians have called for religious tests and the firing of nonbelievers, which is illegal (but still tolerated) “hate speech.” Polls and scientific studies show that religious communities distrust atheists due to their lack of belief and would prefer that they stay out of politics and other public areas.

3. Atheists Are Ignorant When It Comes To Religion(s)

This misconception stems from the belief that someone who doesn’t believe in God is ignorant to His teachings. Because of this, people often proselytize atheists, hoping to educate and convert them. The truth is that most atheists are well-informed when it comes to religions and are usually familiar with several, while most theists are only familiar with their own and may often know less than the atheist they are hoping to convert.

A recent study on religious knowledge in the United States found that atheists and agnostics know more about religions than any other group. Many people who now call themselves atheist or agnostic were once active members in a church of some type. Further study of their own religion may have pushed them to look elsewhere and find that they either desired another faith or didn’t believe at all. This thirst for knowledge tends to lead people out of the church and into an atheistic world view.

2. Atheists Are Angry Rebels Who Hate/Oppose God(s)

Many see atheists as rebels who either hate or oppose God, but this misconception fails the logic test. For someone to turn away from their god and religion, they usually come to the conclusion that they simply do not believe. Without belief, there can be no hatred or opposition. This is similar to the misconception that atheists worship Satan. In the same way that a person cannot worship something they don’t believe in, they cannot hate or oppose it, either.

This misconception stems from the belief that atheists truly do believe in God and want to rebel against Him. Even if an atheist says otherwise, many believe that because God is in everyone, it is not possible to disbelieve in Him, so an atheist must be rebelling, like Satan, against God.

1. Atheism Is Responsible For The Worst Genocides In History

This misconception attempts to place the blame of inhuman acts like the Holocaust on atheism because many dictators of the age were atheists. This is known as the Atheist Atrocities Fallacy and is most often used by theists to prove the evil of atheism with statements like, “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot, and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”

Those dictators were responsible for the deaths of millions of people, but that’s not because they were atheists. In fact, Hitler wasn’t an atheist; he was a devout Christian by his own testament. Stalin was an atheist, but he never killed anyone “in the name of atheism” but rather solely to achieve political or nationalistic goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom