Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Becoming a Sys Ad

kleinfelix11

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi mga ka-symb! Ask lang what study materials i need for entry level for becoming sys ad?

I prefer linux first cuz it's free and marami resources especially sa pag practice and its widely used anywhere like web hosting. Whereas sa microsoft you will need to purchase licenses and that's not cheap and need mo din maging MS certified kasi required yan mostly sa medium to big companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer linux first cuz it's free and marami resources especially sa pag practice and its widely used anywhere like web hosting. Whereas sa microsoft you will need to purchase licenses and that's not cheap and need mo din maging MS certified kasi required yan mostly sa medium to big companies.

Do you have study materials for linux? and what certification do i need to attain sir?

- - - Updated - - -

Nakakalula sir CV niyo haha! Angaks!

Do you have study materials for linux? and what certification do i need to attain sir?

I'm self taught, Google and Youtube videos tutorials lang po ginagawa ko. I don't have any certifications po, its optional. Dito sa PH hindi needed yan, but if mag abroad ka like SG need mo ang certifications.

I'm self taught, Google and Youtube videos tutorials lang po ginagawa ko. I don't have any certifications po, its optional. Dito sa PH hindi needed yan, but if mag abroad ka like SG need mo ang certifications.

page404 lumalabas sa website mo boss, tanong ko lang linux administrator ka po ba ngayon? ano po ginagawa mo sa everyday job mo?

Haha. Same dream man.

Before ka ata maging Sys Ad kailangan mo muna maging helpdesk or desktop support para mafamiliarize ka kung paano tumatakbo ang isang IT infrastructure. Kung gusto mo maging Windows Sys Ad, best route is to apply a helpdesk or desktop support position then get some experience and certifications. Pagkatapos maybe you can apply for Junior SysAd position then Senior after.

Trying hard din ako mag practice ngayon ng Linux, puro youtube lang din at google, kaso marami ako hindi maintindihan :( Sana may mga books kang marerecommend sir, thankyou :)

nagbabalak din ako mag-sys.ad pahingi din tips :hat:

not working po yung CV mo sir, aspiring din ako kaya im interested

For Windows - Learn and practice Active Directory and Group policy (Exchange on-prem - optional).

For Linux - Usually web server or mail exchange, CentOS / RedHat OS preferred.

hirap maging sysadmin pag wala kang alam sa scripting / powershell hahaha

dapat daw talaga generalist ka, karamihan ng company pag nagtitipid gusto lahat ng skills dapat nasayo na.

programming and networking :upset:

ako din mga paps! aspiring linux sys ad din ako. right now im practicing pfsense 2.4 (squid proxy and captive portal) youtube and google din ang mga resources ko.

@jayson-usctc, Sir baka puede mo ko matulungan? nakita ko sa CV mo may skill ka ng pfsense. hehe

Good luck Guys kaya nyo yan. better be good at both linux and windows. kasi dito sa pinas if you're going to Sys.ad path kelangan jack of all trades yung skills mo pati pag eelectrician at karpentero hahahah. also to add up. pag aralan nyo rin ang cloud computing kasi dahil dito mas lalo nawawalan ang mga Sys.ad ng trabaho. sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom