Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

hahahaha!! yep. I don't care kung maraming mali. haha. uber sweet kasi nya naloka ako. Parang yung Unlawful contact ni Pamela Clare. OMYGOSH, i still have a hang over kay TY. Ayoko nga matapos yung libro. hahaha. Nako, yung The Gamble ang tagal ko bago nakalagpas ng chapter 1 kasi nga i thought mabobore ako sa uber haba. Pero worth it yung haba ng novel.. i promise :)

good to hear na you are cured :D

let me give this series a try after......

(currently reading hunger games....:slap: )

Last edited:

I just finished reading The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen and it was okay lang. I expected more though since the blurb said it was Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss kasi. Nakakadisappoint siya. :( For me, the romance was not that kilig. Sayang.

^ooohh.. nasa to-read ko parin yan.... i guess it'll be pushed back at the bottom hehehe

@maysapaw - ahaha yep you gotta give it a try ^_^

@decdence,

I've read that book last Feb., IMO, it wasn't even close to Anna and the French Kiss, but it was okay, nakaka-bother lang yung conversations nya with Edward Willing. I think they should change the blurb, kasi after reading the book, I felt like I was duped.

@novelcsanchez I mean yeah, it was okay pero I just expected... more. The conversations with Edward were nice at first pero after kay didn't really like it na.

Also, the way she writes conversations, it's like you just walked in the classroom suddenly and something. Not the type of writing I like to read...

^ I also read her other novel, yung Falling in love w/ english boys, mediocre lang din, I didn't read it completely, na-bore ako sa historical parts so I skipped it.:p

Have you guys read the Moreno Brothers series by Elizabeth Reyes? I didn't like the book covers but I enjoyed the entire series. Sabi nila Perfect Chemistry-ish daw, IMO, hindi naman, wala masyadong guns and violence. I like the 5th book best because of the epilogue and the bonus story :lol:

Hunger Games.
Creepy, awesome..
You'll never want to stop reading. :lol:

@novel - i think nalagay ko na rin yung Moreno Brothers sa reco's ko dito. I super like them.. pero i didn't like the ending/story line ng book 1.. did yo like it? para kasing kawawa si Angel eh. Hanggang dulo (kahit sa pov nya sa book 5), parang kaagaw parin nya si Sidney kay Sarah. Anywayyy.. i love love love Alex and Sal. :cloud9 Ang ganda nung story nilang dalawa..

^yung 1st (angel & sarah) and 3rd book (sofie & eric) yung least favorite ko sa series. Weak yung story line nung 1st book (buti na lang maganda yung 2nd book kaya binasa ko yung buong series). Dun sa bonus story sa book 5, parang hindi pa rin clear yung feelings ni sarah for sydney, nakoconfuse pa din sya, kaya nakaka awa nga si angel. Sa book 3 naman, I didn't like Eric much, parang natatabunan sya lagi ng ibang characters. Sal... :cloud9:

^agree agree! im so happy hindi lang pala ako ang naka feel ng ganun sa story nila Angel. Basta ako Alex and Sal FTW! :yipee:

see...for the past few weeks, i was in a bit of a slump. can't find a book that pulls me.

and then....Hunger Games will be shown soon!

and i panic, coz im just half way with that damned book.

and since i've been leaving my kindle in the house, i decided to upload it in my cellphone.

decided to start reading it again from the start (trying to spark my interest ya know).

and surprisingly enough i found it intriguing the second time around....so i read and read...and before i knew it i was in chapter 11 (start of the games).

and then....i saw this other book....uploaded it in my kindle 2 days ago....and now just finished reading.

in short...naitsapwera na naman si Hunger Games! :lol:

and the other book i finished reading?
Hex Hall, which was surprisingly good
:lol:

btw, about the moreno brothers, i stopped reading book 1 coz of the girl (leche kung magkaibigan lang kayo bakit matatakot kang sabihin sa bf mo ang totoo? :ranting: )....but since you are so endorsing Sal and Alex's books, lemmetryitagain :)

^hahahahah nakooo i know the feeling.. jump jump and jump between books pag di mo trip. It's not a crime. hehe. Hexhall? maganda nga yan.. maganda din yung book two.. pero i heard disappointing daw yung book 3 (end of the series). .. inantay ko pa naman makumpleto yung 3 books bago ko sana basahin yung book 2... now i dunno if i still want to continue reading the series.

And yesss... about Sara? YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! Nung naglagay ata ako ng review sa goodreads way back 2011, i said na "it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth" dahil nga dun sa friendship nila Sydney at Sara (kelangan kasi talaga mag i love you sa bestfriend mo sa harap ng boyfriend mo? LOL). Sal and Alex's books are better. waaayyyy better.

^ so hanggang book 3 lang ang Hex Hall? that's good to know.

the book has an easy going attitude/dialogue that's why i breezed thru it considering that it is almost the same length as Hunger Games.

-------------

i just read some of the movie reviews of HG...mukhang maganda ah.

kailangan ko na nga yatang tapusin ang libro haha.

Last edited:

^ i'll watch it on Saturdayyy!! so excited! sana kasing ganda nung movie and hype.

I've already watched The Hunger Games movie!! I won't say anything as not to spoil anyone.. :)

I've also finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex. It was good but a bit weirder than the previous novels... can't wait for the next book though. Is anyone else a fan of the Artemis Fowl series?

waahh! so many books to read. you guys are a really big help on which books are worth to read. thanks! :) happy book nutting weekend. :yipee:

will watch hunger games, kahit mag isa. wahahaha!:excited:

Huys and my gurlieess!! i love HUNGER GAMES!! the movie is sooooo worth it! not a disappointment.. far from it! maraming salamat at hindi nasira ang book! :dance: :clap::yipee:

Back
Top Bottom