Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

^ i just remembered.....i read book 2 after book 3 (and after i have skimmed book 4 and 5) :lol:

Andun pa lang ako sa part after Nix's prediction. It seemed like Sebastian's doing all the courting and chasing (although I did like the part where they were talking about whether they're in love with each other or not). And Kaderin's all, "I shouldn't be feeling this, leech, leech, blah blah." Na-bore na ko sa paulit-ulit niyang reklamo e.

Hopefully things would change for the better :lol:

Aaaand... I couldn't resist, binasa ko na lahat ng blurb ng available books, erm, parang di ko kilala yung mga main characters ah. I bet Furie's would be the last book. Gusto ko na basahin yung book ni Regin!!! :upset: I got intrigued with her and Aidan's history dito sa NRFTW e.

oohh.. i hated kaderin as well..mashado kasing closed yung personality nya sa umpisa. hanggang end ata ng book i disliked her. :lol:

I reread Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) kanina.. and i must admit.. ok din si cadeon..humorous and hero type talaga :)

super excited na tuloy ako lalo sa next book.. :excited:

^ dapat pala talaga i mentioned which book i read kasi magkakaiba tayo ng numbering :D

it was also DDAD yung binasa ko over the weekend....and yup, okay na nga rin si Cadeon.

what do you think....will Lanthe and Thronos (which will be introduced in Demon King) are fated ones? parang di ko yata type si Thronos :lol:

^ aww.. naguluhan din ako sa numbering at first eh hehe. Sa goodreads ko lang nakuha ung right numbering ;)

Im intrigued with the lanthe-thronos relationship.. diba parang napaka intense ni thronos? like stalker-ish and aggression ang pinapakita nya kay Lanthe. I liked Lanthe pa naman sa Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)..

I believe naman kay KC eh so.. baka ok din ang kalabasan. :)

i think (and hope) i will like the next book (Regin and Declan) even if i am not a Regin girl :D (siempre always hoping na the next IAD book is really really good).

i think the last book could and should be Nix :D Furie is only mentioned now and again....while Nix is all over the place....whatdayathink....does Nix already knows her fated male? will it be Lothaire or another character in the future.

Last edited:

btw....while waiting for the next IAD book, i just read a short story by Linda Howard, "Duncan's Bride" and its pretty sweet :)

read some reviews for Dreams of a Dark Warrior - and it has been mentioned that we will get an inkling as to who Lothaire's heroine is going to be - as Lothaire's book is next after Regin's book :)

me want to read Kresley Cole's Dreams of Dark Warrior! sana meron na mag post in the next couple of days.....

Wow ladies (I assume), reading through your posts here mukhang may mga bagong authors whose works I have to try na basahin. I think I've been stuck on Lisa Kleypas, Jude Deveraux, Sherilyn Kenyon and J R Ward for far too long. Since wala silang bago, I pass the time reading short and steamy romanticas (though most of the time their plots are underdeveloped at best).

I think it's time to turn over a new leaf. Aside from the ones mentioned sa mga recent posts, may mga mairerecommend pa ba kayong historical/contemporary/paranormal suspense na hindi pang young adult?

Thanks. :D

i think based on our discussion....diokdin is getting impatient (and crazy too!) why she didn't start the series sooner :D

if Lothaire's story is up next...then it's not Nix as the heroine then? might be Annika?

(obviously, i have nothing to do today that's why i'm stalking symbianize :D)

Wow ladies (I assume), reading through your posts here mukhang may mga bagong authors whose works I have to try na basahin. I think I've been stuck on Lisa Kleypas, Jude Deveraux, Sherilyn Kenyon and J R Ward for far too long. Since wala silang bago, I pass the time reading short and steamy romanticas (though most of the time their plots are underdeveloped at best).

I think it's time to turn over a new leaf. Aside from the ones mentioned sa mga recent posts, may mga mairerecommend pa ba kayong historical/contemporary/paranormal suspense na hindi pang young adult?

Thanks. :D

Adult Paranormal Contemporary, I suggest you check out these 4 authors:

Kresley Cole - Immortal After Dark Series (there's about 10 books out already).

Nalini Singh - Guild Series (3 books out) and Psy-Changeling (6 or more books are out)

Jeaniene Frost - Night Huntress - 4 books are out out

Larissa Ione - Demonica (5 books out and series is already finished)

Young Adult Paranormal Contemporary - i just have to add this :lol:

Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy (6 books in all)

Richelle's other books which fall under Adult Paranormal Contemp are also good but her best work is definitely VA.

Finally... a recommendations thread. I get stuck sometimes... I am still stuck with the authors that I loved with a passion a long time ago and so I really like to discover new authors. Thanks for your recommendations. I am trying to download them now.

I love James Patterson and his Lincoln Rhyme series, second to his Lincoln Rhyme series my favorite would be Kathyrn Dance series.

Surprisingly, I found myself liking the Pendergast series of Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston... but I got hooked on the last one first then read it from 1-10.

I like the Twilight Saga but my favorite book would be Breaking Dawn. I liked The Host just as much perhaps even more than the whole saga.

I got surprised because out of curiosity I read the Weather Warden series because I read Morganville Vampires but I seriously liked the Weather Warden series so much more.

I highly recommend Erich Segal, Love Story, Prizes and Doctors are super great reads in my opinion.

I was into Anne Rice during my college years and of all her books I liked Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned and Memnoch the Devil best.

I like Alex Cross(Patterson) series and Scarpetta but I think I stopped reading after the 12th or 13th book.

I am currently reading the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and I'm in book number 3 and I am liking it. I can't put it down. I am wondering what will happen next.

I love I am Number 4. It surprised me and I liked it.

Romance??? I'm a Judith Mcnaught fan, Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood fan. I'm still in the position where I'm afraid to try other authors but that's why I'm here in this thread. To learn more about other authors and perhaps to find new ones to love.

Currently starting to download your recommendations, after I finish the Vampire academy series I think I'll start Julie James too.

^ try Lisa Kleypas for historical romance. she has her own style but she's at par with Julie Garwood, Judith Mcnaught, etc. I like her contemporary too but better skip Sugar Daddy.

i have read Erich Segal's books way back in college as well...and of course mega-tulo ang luha :lol:

i try to veer away from too much drama books :lol: but i can't help but be touched with Nicholas Sparks books.

Nelson de Mille (Mayday, The Lion's Game) and Jeffrey Archer (A Matter of Honor, The Eleventh Commandment, Kane and Abel) books are a must for me for action suspense type books. Though I've tried James Patterson, i'm sometimes put off by his 2-3 pages-and-already-new-chapter-style :lol: but I still read him now and again.

if some people here based their reading on cover page :D i based it on review from amazon. but of course...sometimes i also don't follow the reviews and still read the book and there are times that i like it more than what the reviews state. the opposite is also true, the book may be rated so high but when i read it, it doesn't appeal to me or hold my attention.

i think based on our discussion....diokdin is getting impatient (and crazy too!) why she didn't start the series sooner :D

if Lothaire's story is up next...then it's not Nix as the heroine then? might be Annika?

(obviously, i have nothing to do today that's why i'm stalking symbianize :D)

hmmm...according to a one review i've read who refer to Lothaire as black king, then his heroine is going to be white queen...hmm...who do we know na white queen reference in the Lore?

aarrgghhh!!!!! will check out local bookstores and see if by chance they have it on stock...crossing fingers that i'll find Dreams of a Dark
Warrior
later ....

Thanks! Yep, just downloaded a pack with the ten IAD books. I'm looking for the others too. Man, I loove demonoid and symbianize! between these two, I think I could find any fiction book existing digitally.

Whew! 10! prang sookie stackhouse series lang ah. Again, thanks!

Finally... a recommendations thread. I get stuck sometimes... I am still stuck with the authors that I loved with a passion a long time ago and so I really like to discover new authors. Thanks for your recommendations. I am trying to download them now.

Romance??? I'm a Judith Mcnaught fan, Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood fan. I'm still in the position where I'm afraid to try other authors but that's why I'm here in this thread. To learn more about other authors and perhaps to find new ones to love.

Aha! That's exactly where I'm at right now. I looved all the great romance authors but I'm kinda wary of the new ones. Feeling ko kasi sobrang na spoil ako nila Deveraux with the kind of heart wrenching but funny romances nila. I want to fall in love with other author's works as well, kasi I've read almost all of the older one's books.

@maysapaw - baliktad tayo.. ako mas ma drama, the better ang motto ko but I've never picked up a Nicholas Sparks book. I am biased against male authors I guess. I loved Kleypas's Sugar Daddy. :D

^ u know what, nick sparks is a man that is very in touch with his feminine side. The Notebook is really good (better than the movie) and so is A Walk To Remember...but on his recent releases I especially like The Choice.

really, like mo ang Sugar Daddy? :D i find it too....narrative, lol, but it certainly set up everything for the future books. Have you read Blue Eyed Devil (the next book after Sugar Daddy)? now that is the book i really like! mega tulo din ang luha ko.

hmmm...according to a one review i've read who refer to Lothaire as black king, then his heroine is going to be white queen...hmm...who do we know na white queen reference in the Lore?

aarrgghhh!!!!! will check out local bookstores and see if by chance they have it on stock...crossing fingers that i'll find Dreams of a Dark
Warrior
later ....

white queen? yikes...i can't think of any.

kaasar ka naman....parang gusto ko tuloy lumabas at pumunta rin ng bookstore! but i want to read the ebook first before i buy the actual book :lol:

the book is now available in amazon...so i guess the ebook will be available soon as well :pray:

Quick question lang since this is a recommendations page, do any of you know of other authors that write in the same genre, style, category or what not as David Baldacci, James Patterson, or Robert Ludlum? My hubby loves to read as well. I am his only source of ebooks and I am looking for new authors for him to read too.

Finally finished NRFTW yesterday (hay salamat! And yes, I didn't like Kaderin hanggang sa huli :ranting:), medyo natawa lang ako sa take ni KC on the time travel (hehe, I think that's the only way Kaderin will be able to have BOTH Sebastian *cough* whipped!*cough* and her sisters).

Buti na lang kay :kill: Kaderin lang ako may problema, and now am halfway through Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and enjoying it! In the beginning naawa ako sa paghihirap ni Bowen, and with regards to Mari, I kept thinking, "How the heck can she compete with Bowen's memory of Mariah?"

Woot I'm loving the story! And maysapaw, I think your right, Nix's should be the last book (I need a Nix fix, am looking forward to her every little appearance in the book, heehee). I'm tearing my hair out thinking I should've started reading the series sooner (Who the heck is Lothaire?! *patting EvilMe in the head*: We'll get there my precious :evillol: ), I think I won't be able to start any other book until I've finished with Regin's! :upset:

@ myslaguitao: You can never go wrong with a Julie James'! :thumbsup: Loved Erich Segal's Love Story and Doctors (come to think of it, hindi pa binabalik sa kin yung pinahiram ko na copy nito ah :upset:)!
Jeffrey Deaver's books are great, you can start with the Lincoln Rhyme series (first book was made into a movie with Denzel and Jolie) and Tess Gerritsen's The Surgeon is quite a read as well!

@ godd3ss: I've only ever read 1 Nicholas Sparks book (A Walk to Remember), ewan ko kung bakit pero I keep re-reading it hehe. I've read one Catherine Anderson book (Simply love, and I cried reading that one).

I sort of skimmed Sugar Daddy (I guess at that time, hindi pa ko ready sa mga contemporary ni LK), but I did love Blue-Eyed Devil. :p

Last edited:

@myslaguitao

Nelson Demille if you have watched the movie The General's Daughter (John Travolta, Madeline Stowe) he is the author of that book.

i like his John Corey series, start with Plum Island, followed by Lion's Game, etc.

other authors he can try are Vince Flynn mala Jason Bourne but still working for the government ang books nya and Daniel Silva, international espionage/terrorism naman ang genre nya.

Jeffrey Archer's The Eleventh Commandment and Honor Among Thieves are really good read :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom