Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Hi, share ko lang po ang mga na grade ko na authors.

5 ang highest rating.

Ito ung guide ko kapag nagdadownload ako or nagbabasa.

Halos lahat po dito ay mga historical romance authors. Copy paste ko lang po ito galing sa file ko kaya medjo magulo :excited:

adriene baso 4.1 ok
amanda mccabe 3.9 medjo corny ung iba
amanda scott 3.9
ann lethbridge 4
anne gracie 4
anne herrie 3.7
anne o brien 3.7 may mga samok din
annie burrows 4.1
barbara dawson smith 4.1
barbara metzger 4 ok
beatrice small 3.7 grabe lm and halos lahat charctr may story, sometime kills the hero
betina khran 4.1
beverly kendal 4 may samok konte
brenda hiatt 4.2
brenda joyce 4
brownyn scott 4
CANDACE CAMP 3.9
carole mortimer 3.9
caroline courtney 3.8
Catherine Coulter 3.9
catherine march 3.8
Cathy Maxwell 3.9
christine merril 4.1 ok
claudia dain 4.1
deborah hale 3.9
debra dier 4 dami samok
denise lynn 4 ok str8
diane gaston 3.9
Donna Fletcher 4.2
ELIZABETH BOYLE 4
Elizabeth Thornton 3.9
Eloisa James 4
Gaelen Foley 3.9
gayle callen 3.9
heather graham 3
Jacquelyn Frank 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going, fun, scifi
joan wolf 3.9
joana maitlan 3.9 ok bt bitin
jodici belle 4.2
johanna lindsey 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going
Jude Deveraux 4.3
judith mcnaught 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going, touchy
julia justiss 4.1
julia london 4.2
julia quinn 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going
Julie Ann Long 4
julie garwood 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going, fun
Kathryn Caskie 3.9
keiran kramer 4
kit donner 3.8 ok but dami samok
laura lee gurkhe 4
laurie mcbaine 3.9 dami samok but ok
leanne burroughs 4.1 ok
Linda Needham 3 ang daming samok
lisa kleypas 4.3
loretta chase 3.9
louise allen 4.2 str8 ok
Lynsay Sands 4.3
madeline hunter 3.9 dami samok
magie robinson 3.9
margaret moore 4 nice
Mary Balogh 4.3 nice mga stories, keeps u going
mary wine 4.3
michele sinclair 4.5 ok
michele styles 3.8
michele willingham 4 ok din knte
Monica McCarty 4
nicola cornick 3.8
pamela britton 4.1
patricia grasso 3.8 dami samok
patricia wadel 4 str8
Paula Quinn 4
rebecca hagan lee 4.1 haba but ok
regina scott 3.9
Sally MacKenzie 3.9
samantha james 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going
sarah gabriel 3.9
sarah mccarigan 3.9
shana galen 3.9
Shana Galen 3.9
shirley karr 3.8 dami samok haba
Sidney Sheldon 4.3 witty, with twist
sophie jordan 4.1
Stephanie Laurens 4.2
sue ellen welfonder 3.9 dami samok
Sue-Ellen Welfonder 4
susan gee heino 3.6 marami samok, mahaba, ok ok din
suzzane enoch 4.5 nice mga stories, keeps u going
sylvia andrew 3.9
teresa medeiros 4 ok but dami at d ko masyado magets
teri brisbin 3
Tracy Anne Warren 4.5
victoria alexander 4

Hello peeps!!!

A Lot Like Love by Julie James is out. :yipee:

Enjoy, Happy reading! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

@momma, Sana nga talaga SM will finished MS. Ako naman na finished ko lang TV series ng Charmed watching it sa net. Didn't read the book na.

Watch and read I Am Number Four momma you'll like it. And yes, J. Frost's Night Huntress is a must read. Also yung Night Huntress World series, the story is about naman sa mga friends nila Cat and Bones.

@mohcandy, pag may more time ako to read I will read all these reco books. I wish sometimes na mastop ko yung time para I can catch up in all my readings.

@ayanamifaerudo, ahhh I see. Did you finished your book? Pabasa. Hehehe :lol:

@g0dd3ss, posted A Lot Like Love na. Link is on top of this post.

Nope hindi tinapos ni SM yung Midnight Sun. Sana nga she'll finished it, I really want to read Edward's POV than Bella.

The Third Heiress of BJ's books is my least favorite. Buti nalang yung first na book nabasa ko sa kanya eh yung Fires of Paradise.

To add to your BJ's reco title:

After Innocence
The Game
The Prize
The Masquerade
Fires of Paradise
Firestorm
The Captive
The Conqueror
A Lady at Last
The Rival

-Dark Fires
-Darkest Heart
-Beyond Scandal
-The Promise of the Rose
-Lovers and Liars

are a great read din. I also like the Stolen Bride.

Yung Master of Time din nya na series maganda din basahin. I love Aidan's story and I especially love the Book Cover. The model looks yummy in that kilt. I showed my hubby yung book cover, tumawa nalang cya sa akin. Sabi nya I'm drooling on a gay guy because he is wearing a skirt. LOL :lol:

@charmed, thanks for the list/rating. Any particular book na maganda you'll recommend of all that authors? Thanks!

Nga pala I would recommend din Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.

Especially yung Birmingham series nya.

-The Flame and the Flower (1972)
-The Elusive Flame (1998)
-A Season Beyond a Kiss (2000)

Also love these titles:

-The Wolf and the Dove (1974)
-Ashes in the Wind (1979)
-A Rose in Winter (1982)
-Come Love a Stranger (1984)
-Forever in Your Embrace (1992)
-Petals on the River (1997)
-The Reluctant Suitor (2003)

Wow! Thanks for the JJ book diokdin! So cool. I probably won't get any work done now.. hehe..

I know right? Third Heiress was meh. Di ko naalalang nabasa ko na pala sya until i started flipping through it. Fires of Paradise is so much more memorable. I couldn't put it down that i had to wrap the pretty cover in orange paper so that people would quit teasing me about reading an obviously sexy romance book. Shozkay is soo hot.

I've read the MOT books too. Yeah.. the covers are definitely drool worthy.. lol@ur hubby - he's probably right though.. most male models are gay.. but who cares.. as long as were enjoying the view. :D

oh yeah.. how did I forget about The Promise of The Rose.. I love historicals that tackle epic wars with the heroine being forced to play double agent and betray the hero.. never gets old.

That's too bad about SM not continuing Midnight Sun. :( I miss the excitement of waiting for an SM book in print.

@g0dd3ss, you're welcome. :)

Yeah, I'm not impress with it. But with Fires of Paradise, I have 3 copies of it. One is in the Philippines with the old cover, two is with me here with the old and new book cover. Kaya nga when I couldn't find any ebook copy, I scanned my book, OCRed and proof-read it. Para may copy ako for my ereader. Hehe :D And yes...Shozkay is sooo HOT!!! Same with his Dad sa Darkest Heart. HOT din. :)

LOL :lol: Yan din sinabi ko sa kanya. Hahaha :lol: Eye candy pa din kahit gay....

I love historicals that tackle epic wars with the heroine being forced to play double agent and betray the hero.. never gets old.

If that's the case, you'll love Rosanne Bittner, Jane Feather and Kathleen E. Woodiwiss kasi most of their historical romance has something to do with a heroine being a spy in wars, if not it's about some historical battle/war.

Oo nga eh...wishing and wishing nalang tayo that she will finished it if wala cyang ibang project.

Last edited:

^ thanks sis for JJ's latest book :)

Kathleen Woodiwiss is also in my TBR. i saw her recommended in amazon's forums so one of these days talaga eh itatry ko rin sya :)

^You're welcome sis.

Yeah maganda nga story ni K. Woodiwiss. Very engrossing.

Sino may goodreads account dito?

^ ako po! :) many thanks sa books.. A LOT LIKE LOVE chaka HEXHALL2.

after ng demonica 5..ang dami ko nang naka line up na babasahin. :yipee:

@diokdin Did I finish writing the story? Hahaha. Asa! Hindi, nawalan na ako ng interest kasi hindi ko alam kung ano ang direction ng story.

@maysapaw yup yup...Raphael is one HOT Archangel...:lol: but i read in NS' blog na about na kay Dmitri ang next book nyang Archangel's Blade...oooooo i hope its a human he falls for...i wanna see arrogant Dmitri fall in love with a human...:p, i wanna read it already! and all of Raphael's Seven's love stories...:thumbsup: NS please write fast!!! :pray:

@yche09 diba diba...:lol: kaya nga i like Eclipse best...then New Moon, and least like ko ang Twilight, i mean the effects, the makeup were just bleh...come on Summit you totally could've given Twilight a higher budget!!! ang laki ng kita nila because they know that fans will still watch it even though the special effects were horrible! :kainis: at least now it has improved a LOT...:yipee:...

i have no idea what chuck bass in the book is like either...i'm curious as well... :lol:

@mystuffs haha...gg gets better every season...i think sa youku.com ko ata pinanood ibang episodes nito...or you can try isohunt.com to DL torrents...:)

@diokdin tama! i think sarap nga panuorin if hubby/bf kasama..hihi,...:lol:

@momma you're so right! RPatz was not my first choice as Edward also...parang ang layo...but he gets better naman...another reason why i like Eclipse better...:lol:

@mohcandy hmmm, yes that's where most of the drama arise kasi, kaya it is refreshing kapag iba ang takbo ng story...

really? here i go again, i didn't notice Nora's character change in Crescendo, :lol: i guess it just takes a lot for me to get frustrated with the girl bida...:noidea: i mean you have to be in her head diba when you're reading, so i try to enjoy it rather than criticize her kaya di ko pansin..:lol: , though for me rather than Nora, i kinda don't like her friend, si Vee yata yon...

hmmm, really? Unearthly has been in my reader for a while now...mabasa nga din...

oooo maybe you can try reading The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Truner , though i warn you, medyo slow sya sa una...but it gets better towards the end...then sa 3rd book naman, The King of Attolia, super kilig naman (ito ang fave ko sa series...:lol:)...btw it's not a paranormal series, kinda like medieval world ang setting nya...

@g0dd3ss yup, Midnight Sun was not finished, because some dude posted a partial draft of it sa net. w/c upset Sthepenie Meyer because it was not meant to be read by the fans yet dahil poor quality pa (though in my opinion its superb!!!), so she stopped writing it...undecided pa if itutuloy nya or not...so she posted nalang the draft in her website so everyone can read it na...i think meron din nagpost here on symb...

yup Edward is full of angst in MS...you'll realize how much conflict he faced when he met Bella...:) parang insider info..haha..:lol:

just think, if that person didn't post the partial draft...maybe, maybe MS is already out by this time...aaaargh!!! :kainis:

hey i love Gundam Wing! crush ko Hero..hehe...:lol:

Last edited:

@yche, me too. Sobrang dami nakatambak kailangan basahin.

@ayanamifaerudo, well...pagmatapos mo (malay natin dba?) pabasa ha? He he :D

@zelle, read Unearthly sobrang ganda. You'll love it. :thumbsup:

And oo nga, if hindi pinost yung draft ng MS, baka nga out na cya ngayon. Haaayyy...kung bakit...?!?

Last edited:

sa dami ng mga books di ko alam san ako magsstart.. nakabili na ko ng books ni bob ong.. baka yun na muna.. kakatawa yung sidekick ni rogelio dun sa kapitan sino alala ko tuloy yung sa coke commercial yung kulot.. susunod ko siguro yung ang mga kaibigan ni mama susan
disadvantage lang di ko mabasa yun pag nakapatay ang ilaw.. iba pag ebook kahit madaling araw at di magbukas ng ilaw.. pero sinusuportahan ko si bob ong kaya bumibili ako ng book nya..

@diokdin Malabo :noidea: I've moved on... I've had an idea that has been simmering in my head for a while na.

@ayanamifaerudo, I see. Pag may iba nalang. LOL :lol: He he

@diokdin i will, just as soon as i finish i am number 4, dem0nica, amy & roger's... , hopefully IAD also, :lol: ...whew.. Or ill just squeeze it somewhere in between.,:)

@mcdreamy i also buy bob ong books! And i think his best book is still Abnkkbsnplko?! ..this book is sooo hilarious i couldnt stop laughing whenever i remember the funny parts weeks after i read it.,:lol: haven't finished kapitan sino and mama susan yet.,its been advised not to read this at night before you go to sleep! Matatakutin pa naman ako., :lol:

Last edited:

ooo we have a writer in our midst. Dont forget us when u become a bestselling author, 'kay? :lol:

Niwei, i finished reading anna & the french kiss last night, and uh huh it was kilig to the bones alright.. :lol: napanaginipan ko pa nga!!!

However, i just have 1 teeny tiny problem with st. Clair, spoilers here! I kinda wish he didn't have a girlfriend, or that he left her sooner before things got serious with ana, :p i mean sure, the gestures are cute, but dude, you have a girlfreakin'friend!!! :kainis:

its because im not into the whole i-love-you-ill-leave-my-girlfriend-for-you stories...i dunno, everything the guy will say to the girl, will always be not so sincere to me, you know...i'll be kinda like, isn't that what you said to your ex, and is that what you'll say to the next one after me?

(I know, i know i'm hopeless... shoot me now :upset: ) though lets face it, he left her ex and sooner or later, he'll find another one because there will always be a better girl! So i'm very relieved to know na they're already having problems (st clair & ellie) before the whole thing started...and that the situation was well explained..

so in the end...it all ends well for me....:yipee:

Last edited:

:cloud9:

Can't say much else but THANK YOU DIOKDIN!!!! :wave: You turned this week from great to fantastic! :buddy:

PS. Will type more after my Julie-James-hype attack. :hyper: and thanks for greeting me on my BigDay you sassy biotches :missyou:, I had a great/torturous one!

Last edited:

@zelle - kaya pala.. still, she should have continued it. If it were me, I would have considered the leak a publicity opportunity. A chance to increase the hype. oh well, what's done is done.

Oh yeah, I think I did see the partials in SM's official website before but I think it was just 1 or 2 chapters. Didn't really pay attention to it.

Sa Gundam nun si Wufei tsaka si Duo ang gusto ko.. :D

Grrr! Still, wala pa akong nababasa sa mga tbr ko this week. Darn..

hi! can i join? :)

@zelle- true! i agree with you,kasi parang hindi naman sincere pag meron syang girlfriend,right??

i just finished reading i am number 4 and flipped!

i like i am number 4, kasi it's not the usual plot,and ang astig ni number 6! nung pinanuod ko yung movie, i felt it did not give justice sa plot ng book :lol: diana agron's pretty,but parang blunt affect.hehe

btw guys, i just wanna ask yung last part nung flipped,kasi parang bitin, i thought hindi kumpleto yung na download ko na e-book,last part na ba talaga yung si juli decided he would confornt bryce? :(

Back
Top Bottom