Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@mohcandy - ang ganda noh? super nakakakilig yung love story nila ni jay especially nung nagkaaminan nasila about their feelings :pacute:..its hard to top. :lol:
hmmmm i don't know what to recommend na mejo close sa the body finder.. i find tbf to be such a unique book. I think yan palang nabasa ko na best friends turned lovers...or kung may nabasa man akong ganun, nabura na sa isip ko.. uhhh, its hard.. guys.. a little help here? hahaha, super hindi ko alam kung ano marecommend.surisuri

siguro i could just recommend my forever ya crushes.. male lead characters:

of course,

jace ng mortal instruments.
po ng graceling
jack force ng blue bloods
lahat ng male lead character ng perfect chemistry series :cloud9: (superuber kilig)

ayan haha, sana nakatulong.

@rainfall - hello! :welcome: i recommend THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE by MARIE FORCE.. nainlove ako dun eh. Hope it works for you as well :)

@momma - yay for GH!!! hope you'll love it para may karamay ako sa paghahanap ng next paranormal series na kasing level nya.hahaha

@sticky-feet - yeah sobrang iba! i mean, alpha male din sya.. i guess pero super sweet, yung mapapa "awww" :wub: ka nalang kasi nakakakilig yung mga ginagawa nya. errrr any suggestion na kagaya ng unveiled?

currently reading WHEN THE BEAUTY TAMED THE BEAST by eloisa james :)

@rainfall and sticky-feet I agree with sticky-feet, Paradise by Judith McNaught maganda ang story, makainlove and makaiyak na rin...:thumbsup:

@yche09 antay ko rating mo sa WHEN THE BEAUTY TAMED THE BEAST by eloisa james... :yipee:

@ yche: I hate you! Napausog mo na naman ang GH-read ko hehe :lol:. I loved the blurb of The Line of Scrimmage, kaya nagdecide ako na yun na muna basahin after Surrender to a Scoundrel. :D Thanks for recommending it!

Hmm, wala pa kong nababasang Historical na as good as Unveiled e. Yet. ;) Kaya hindi pa muna ako makakapag-reco.

Looking forward to your rating sa book ni E. James.

Off-topic: Holey guacamole, sinilip ko yung blogspot mo (parang ngayon ko lang kasi napansin yung links sa signature mo e), pareho pa tayo ng situation at lugar. Anyhow, cheers to us. :toast:

Last edited:

congratulations kay kimi. isa siya pala sa mga bagong moderators dito sa SYMB!

@charmed19jess & sticky-feet - unexpected! thats the right word i'd use to describe WHEN THE BEAUTY TAMED THE BEAST by ej. hmm.. 9/10. at first akala ko i'm just going to laugh all throughout the novel. Ang saya basahin ng banters nila e.

superspoiler, highlight nalang. :)

linnet and piers are soooo right for each other. Yung characters nila, they totally mesh. Akala ko super rude lang si Piers, but oh well, he turned out to be a softy at some point. and then scarlet fever came into the scene... i was shocked sa twist. grabe parang i was there talaga sa scene wherein nakita sya (linnet) sa chicken coop. Kung ako si piers, I'LL HANG THEM. hmpf. I had an inkling na vain si Linnet pero not to the point na madedepress talaga sya kasi feeling nya hindi sya maganda... oh i was so wrong. While i was reading, sinasabi ko sa book.. uhhh matatanggal din naman yun kasi it'll peel off! (though i'm not sure kung magkakascars) and then nung sinabi sa kanya ni Piers na she's peeling... sabi ko naman, see?i told ya! haha.. i was soooo into, i was even talking to the book :lol:

and then i found out na inspired by DR. HOUSE si piers woah! i'm a big fan of house md :yipee:

wala lang.. ang saya lang :lol:

ayun.. i highly recommend it na! ;)

@sticky-feet - re: off topic
hehe kakapalit ko lang kasi ng sig. really? what a coincidence :) hehe, yea.. cheers!

Last edited:

hey everyone...:D whew, dami kong namiss ah super active tayo mga hija...ehehehe...:lol:
hmmm where to start?

@sticky-feet i watched Amelie na, and you're right! i love it love it...:yipee: ganda ng story, and the sights! OMG, di ko alam san ako titingin, hehe...

thanks again for recommending this film...:D

@diokdin
@zelle, oi malapit na din yan. 6 months waiting.
its still 6 months too long...i want it now!...hehe :lol:
cant wait na for Dmitri to fall in love with a hunter...haha, i can just imagine what Elena will say..:D

@yche & moh hooookei, imma add The Body Finder, another one hehe, it takes a few words to convince me...:D...my TBR list just goes longer and longer,...:lol:

also Unveiled...:D

@rainfall hi, welcome :)...i like your name...:D i dont remember any book i've read na may ganyang plot...sarreh :noidea:... anyways others have suggestions naman na,...:p

btw, after watching Amelie, i watched a Thai movie entitled "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" courtesy of my younger bro, sikat na sikat daw into sa school nila, anybody here likes to watch Asian movies?, id definitely reco this one,:p my golly gawgaw, i was swept right back into my high school days...:D the story is simple, its really beautiful...super kilig...:p

so there, i watched 2 feel-good movies...one for the adult me, and one for the teen me...hehe..:yipee: kaya i feel gu-rrreat!...:D

on to books...im halfway through Drink of Me, i like it din, its intense like other paranormal novels pero may cuteness factor sya, hehe...kakatuwa din...:)
then i tried to take a break naman from paranormal kaya i started on Hacking Harvard, looks promising...:) and A Kiss in Time, saving grace nito yung bidang guy for me...Sleeping Beauty can be annoying kasi at times, but still i like her, inaantay ko po ang redeeming quality nya...gulo ko..:D

yay for GH!! its a must read you guys, :lol:

Last edited:

@yche mejo matagal ko pa matatapos yun IAD :kainis: super busy, finals ng junakis ko weh kaya review review muna....

@yche09 waaa... yan ang next kong babasahin...:dance:

>>> RECOMMEND ko ulit NIGHTWALKERS SERIES BY Jacquelyn Frank, Maganda, Scifi, kakakilig, i enjoyed reading it, rating=9/10:thumbsup:... kulit ano? hihihi:giggle: <<<

>>>currently reading Guild Hunter Series :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Congrats pala kay :queen: Kimi for being the new Mod! :clap:

---
@ yche: Nagising ako ng 4:30am kasi may naalala ako na ire-reco na kasing-ganda ng Unveiled. Hehe. Have you read Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase (Parang may pagka-The Mummy yung story. Parang lang, hehe.)? Gah, I cannot believe I forgot to reco Ms. Chase, one of my fave authors. Also highly recommended is Lord of Scoundrels. :thumbsup:

TBR'ed na ang When the Beauty Tamed the Beast sa 'king Historicals!

@ zelle: Glad you liked Amelie! Am now scouring the 'net for a copy of your Thai movie reco. :D

@ momma: Pakatatag ka lang, matatapos mo din yan. ;)

@ charmedjess: Yan ba yung mga name yung title? Masilip nga. :D

---
Finished reading Surrender to a Scoundrel by Julianne MacLean (3/5). It has a very promising beginning, loved the history between both h/H and the description on sailing. Makes me want to own a yacht.

BUT, I felt the ending (the last 3 or so chapters of the book) dragged on. I wanted to shake the hero and say, "What the heck are you waiting for?!".
I mean, the requisite lead-character-almost-died-scene happened already, come on! [END SPOILER]
Although the hero's reason for his internal struggle is quite valid, talk about tragedy. I grew quite tired of it, not really caring whether they ended up together or not, and simply skimmed the last few chapters. Badtrip, yung ending lang talaga nakasira.

Gah, boo for the false great-review-recos I read :ranting:.

Last edited:

@sticky-feet

Nightwalkers Series
1. Jacob (2006)
2. Gideon (2007)
3. Elijah (2007)
4. Damien (2008)
5. Noah (2008)
6. Jasmine (2011)
7. Adam (2011)

@zelle1016 - i have a feeling na the more na humahaba etong thread na to, the more na hahaba din mga TBR list natin :lol:

@momma - oks lang po yan, iad will wait for you :).. and you'll love it more more more :giveheart:

@charmed19jess - matagal ko na din nakikita yang nightwalkers eh. i think nasa list pa yan ng mga babasahin ko before i abandoned using my psp as a reader kaya i forgot about it.. sige i'll give it a shot kapag natapos ako sa historical romance streak ko.:)

@sticky-feet - ohmy 4:30am is super early hehe. hinanap ko agad yung book.. and guess what.. haha, i typed in LORETTA CHASE THE MUMMY :rofl: i was confused nung walang lumalabas and then naalala ko iba yung title errr... stupeeedd. ayyiiee, parang maganda nga synospsis. thanks sa reco! im looking for the ebook now :)

currently reading The Flame and the Flower (book 1 of the birmingham series) ni kathleen woodiwiss. Thanks to diokdin for the greeeaaatt recommendation. i'm loving it! :cloud9: nasa gitna na ko.. at first parang nasindak ako kasi parang mahaba yung story.. pero hindi sya boring. i don't feel like my eyes are just being dragged.

^ :lol:

Also don't forget to check out Chase's Lord of Scoundrels ha? That's one of my faves as well. :D

Currently reading The Line of Scrimmage :p. Thanks for recommending it yche! :salute:

Last edited:

Hello ALL!! Just dropping by... haven't back read yet.

Got very busy and I haven't been online. So I'll get back here after I get the time off. :)

Oooh! March 29 - release ng Lover Unleashed ni J.R. Ward - continuation ng Black Dagger Brotherhood series.. I'm not really that excited kasi sis ni Vishous yung bida but I'll be waiting for it just the same.. hoping for more Qhuinn and Blaylock moments. :inlove:

Last edited:

@yche cguro, desires of the dead lang pwede mka-top s tbf. Kinda stumped right now. Jay may have cured me of my YA madness. lol Mahirap syang pantayan. He's not afraid to show his love for Violet eh. Nakakakilig cla. I like everytime they make references to when they're still like seven or eight years old. Ang cuuute.

Blue Bloods lang hindi ko nbasa jan sa mga crushes mo. Might start that. I've read the others before tbf. And the heroes also made me kilig lalo n si Alex sa Perfect Chemistry.

OrI could finally start sa IAD. Kelangan b sunod-sunod ito basahin? or reco n lng kya kayo saang book pnaka nkakakilig. yun una kong basahin. para ma-hook n ako kaagad.

:hello: guys, busy yata mga peepz? wala masyado update dito sa thread?

@yche i know IAD will wait, kaso it's me that can't wait :p

I'm on my 6th book na :yipee: and the story is getting intense my gosh.... multitasking na ang beauty ko :lmao: nagbabasa pa rin while tutoring my daughter :P hehehe...

Last edited:

@sticky-feet - i'll be reading Lord of Scoundrels na mamaya. Reviews are great so i know i will like it ;)

@g0dd3ss - ohmy, March29 din release ng The Darkest Secret, book 7 ng Lords of the Underworld (na pinakaaantay ko :thumbsup:). March29 is a good day :dance:

@mohcandy - agree! kung nde sila super cute, super nakakakilig talaga. I love jay. Si Alex din fave ko na hero sa perfect chem :). Uhm, ok lang siguro na hindi sunod sunod.. oc lang talaga ako kaya inumpisahan ko sa first book yung iad. :lol:

@momma - hehe yeah, pero for me, yung iad.. its always intense, palaging parang may mangyayaring iba. You always have something to look forward too. Never boring. :) i love it!

Last edited:

> Still reading Guild Hunter Series - Angel's Blood . Although hindi ko pa natapos, maganda pala... hindi boring ipatuloy ang pagbasa :thumbsup:

Nalito na ako sa dicussion. :lol:

@ diokdin: Hiya, long time no chat! Hope you get a breather soon. :D

@ moh: Nakakintriga yang mga YA kilig moments you're gushing about ha. Hmm. ;)

@ momma: Once you start IAD, you can't seem to stop ano? Hehe, pero totally worth it naman. :clap: Is that Cadeon & Holly's book? One of my favorites yan, there's something about Cadeon that I really like, and gusto ko din si Holly. Lalo na yung banter nila. :inlove:

@ yche: For sure you'll enjoy Lord of Scoundrels! Some say yan ang best work ni Loretta Chase e.

@ charmedjess: Am on my GH marathon as well! Pareho tayo ng binabasa. :thumbsup:

@ ayanami: Hehe, what've you been reading lately? Balitaan mo kami! :p

---

Oookay, I know I said I'll start on The Line of Scrimmage, kaso nahihirapan ako basahin ng pdf, e nung kinonvert ko naman siya panget, andaming extra words, so am editing it still. :(

I started reading Angel's Pawn last night, and WOW (rating is 5/5)!

There are so many good things about it, considering that it was only a novella/short story (were most ShortS are 80% sex and 20% plot). I like that we get a glimpse of the main characters, so we have a preconceived notion about how they are perceived by others. I specifically LOVED the ending,
where it's not a happy-ever-after, more of a see-you-next-time. I would love to hear more about what happens to them, makes me want to be there to witness what sort of I'm-gonna-hunt-you-down flirting they come up with next. [END] *sigh*

Currently reading: Angel's Blood

I never really like angels in fiction, kasi parang all they do is fly here & there and emit a certain glow. Gah.
[SPOILER AGAD] I love how when Elena was fearful/in awe of Raphael, I felt the same way. [END] Ang galing mag-build up ni Nalini ng emotion, she gives her characters a reputation that you can't not believe. :lol:
You guys have a certain influence on me, nakakatawa, masyado niyong na-build-up si Raphael sa 'kin, kaya pagdating pa lang sa page 17, yung nonverbal communication ni R & Elena, mention palang ng name niya nakiliti na 'ko. :lmao: In a big way. :naughty:

@ maysapaw: I never would've read IAD and GH if not for you. So... :madslap: (hehe joke lang)
|
|
|
-> :buddy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom